Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Accordion Man posted:

He seems like the type of guy that really needs someone to reign him in. He had that for the first half of the MGS games with that one co-writer who I forgot the name of, and then... yeah.

Same for gameplay. It took several games for people to convince him that his motion sickness wasn't a good reason for MGS games to have a lovely camera and controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fixed camera games kick rear end and need a renaissance.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Accordion Man posted:

He seems like the type of guy that really needs someone to rein him in. He had that for the first half of the MGS games with that one co-writer who I forgot the name of, and then... yeah.

You mean the ones where you can do certain things to make Meryl appear in her underwear in cutscenes, or press a POV button to get Snakes view as he gives a death stare to Eva's cleavage?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You mean the ones where you can do certain things to make Meryl appear in her underwear in cutscenes, or press a POV button to get Snakes view as he gives a death stare to Eva's cleavage?
Yeah, and that's more restrained than vagina bombs and Quiet. Wasn't saying the early games were completely devoid of it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'd rather have an occasional creepy easter egg than... y'know, Quiet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Sometimes Kojima writes brilliant, subversive stuff.

Sometimes he writes like an edge-lord high-schooler.

Guess which basket this one falls into :(

mgs 2 and 3 were fantastic. mgs2 didn't make sense to us back then but now everything it predicted came true regarding the "drowning in a sea of halftruths and content without context." MGS3 is just a great story about the changing times and the horrors of nationalism.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I agree, its just more fun to joke about ps1 polygonal booty than having to think about that day in the mocap lab

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Your Favs Are Problematic And Metal Gear Rules

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that is not nearly as good as the giant snorlax pillow

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

mgs 2 and 3 were fantastic. mgs2 didn't make sense to us back then but now everything it predicted came true regarding the "drowning in a sea of halftruths and content without context." MGS3 is just a great story about the changing times and the horrors of nationalism.

:hfive:

Absolutely. It's eerie how much some of MGS2's plot points reflect the state we're in now

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

theres a good two dozen pokemon i want pillows of

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:hfive:

Absolutely. It's eerie how much some of MGS2's plot points reflect the state we're in now
It does a have few weird off takes like, "Why are people trying to save the environment when there are starving people??!?!", but yeah its still pretty prescient.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stexils posted:

theres a good two dozen pokemon i want pillows of

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in case you ever wanted to sleep inside a pikachu's abdominal cavity

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

maybe if it was og fat pikachu

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And I though they smelled bad on the outside

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

homeless snail posted:

Where's Chansey? Where's Kangaskhan?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I finished Danganronpa V3! I'm still torn over whether what they did is genius or creative suicide but it certainly worked for me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Chev posted:

I finished Danganronpa V3! I'm still torn over whether what they did is genius or creative suicide but it certainly worked for me.

It's creative suicide for the danganronpa brand which is a good thing and this is the best way it could have died

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

It's creative suicide for the danganronpa brand which is a good thing and this is the best way it could have died

Agree

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I played every Danganronpa game

gently caress Danganronpa and I am glad its dead

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Spite Gaming, the most genuinely human hobby.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm surprised it took that long before they jumped the shark

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Spite Gaming, the most genuinely human hobby.
I don't know, have you ever seen a cat play with a dead mouse

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Good to see that the track record of Geoff Keighley's Trending Gamer Award is still going strong
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/961653281998163975

A popular white male gamer is racist. Surprise of the century.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Reminder that MGS4 had four bosses that were supposed to be tragic war victims, but they are also designed after fashion models, wearing skintight suits, and you can make them pose like objects for you to ogle.

Kojima is a creep.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
We haven't had a gaming related death in a while

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/961806871764942848

quote:

I asked Panton if he did the responsible thing and checked with a doctor before trying out his poultry-only diet. And no, he hadn't. "I have no plan on pushing myself too far," he assures me. "At the first sign of trouble, I will stop regardless of how deep I get."

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What makes people forget that humans are supposed to eat more than one thing

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

my son thinks he can live entirely on peanut butter toast(he's 4)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Doorknob Slobber posted:

my son thinks he can live entirely on peanut butter toast(he's 4)

What's his Twitch channel

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

More like what makes people only want to eat one thing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/961610189513175042

Both of them are going to be turning fifty in two years.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
PUBG guy could probably accomplish the same thing without killing himself by eating various dishes that include chicken rather than rotisserie chickens exclusively.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

PUBG guy could probably accomplish the same thing without killing himself by eating various dishes that include chicken rather than rotisserie chickens exclusively.

you expect a twitch streamer to know how to cook

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/961610189513175042

Both of them are going to be turning fifty in two years.

You ever experience the thrill of owning somebody while their significant other looks on? It's something special

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Endorph posted:

you expect a twitch streamer to know how to cook

Wait he's not even making them himself? He's just buying tons from a sueprmarket??? :stonk:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

that's just a theory

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's nutritionally lacking, but as dumb, single-item diets go, roasted chicken is one of the least likely to kill you.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wish it didn't take way longer than a month to get scurvy because that would be the most delightful ending to this tale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

boy i could sure slam down a whole roast chicken right about now

• Locked thread