Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stale Saltines posted:

Hmmm gotta add someone to this title match, but who should it be?

*crowd chants wildly for Rusev for weeks, Shane acknowledges it on air*

I know, we'll give it to the white hot Dolph Ziggler, who literally just abandoned the last title that he won.

lol gently caress I forgot that he even said "duly noted", loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

At the risk of extremely mild hyperbole, whoever came up with the idea for text graphics during promos should be brutally beaten with a firehose in front of their children.

This is easily the worst thing about this new Smackdown era. And thay loving cell door graphic on the Usos promo two weeks ago. Ugh.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tato posted:

Road Dogg found a way to minimize AJ's presence on the show and get him wrestling as few matches as possible. Kudos.

I heard the reason for this is that AJ wrestles the dark main events to send the crowd home happy (and/or get them to sit through 205), so they save using him on the actual show. Probably bullshit, but it makes a little sense, unlike most of Smackdown these days.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

This is easily the worst thing about this new Smackdown era.

i would take stupid overlay text every single week if it meant i never had to see shane mcmahon again

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
was road dogg known as a particularly creative person behind the scenes during his run? i know wwe is an old boys club but his rise seems inexplicable.

also i hope corbin yells at ziggler to go to ring of honour and ziggler takes his advice.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Seams posted:

was road dogg known as a particularly creative person behind the scenes during his run? i know wwe is an old boys club but his rise seems inexplicable.

also i hope corbin yells at ziggler to go to ring of honour and ziggler takes his advice.

he was so good at coming up with lines that he'd introduce himself as the road Dogg Jesse James and the badd rear end Billy Gunn even when he was coming out by himself.

and then when dx finally did die he... tagged with k kwik and disappeared? I don't remember anything else happening in the interim, so, no he didn't exactly radically innovate himself.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember Billy Gunn's terrible gimmicks and million stop-start pushes, but I don't remember a single thing Road Dogg did after the NAO broke up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

At the risk of extremely mild hyperbole, whoever came up with the idea for text graphics during promos should be brutally beaten with a firehose in front of their children.
I just want to know why they are doing it? Does it have something to do with Facebook since they do it on MMC? Are they trying to differentiate themselves from Raw by being even more awful (honestly Raw has been in much better shape for almost a year now)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Benne posted:

I remember Billy Gunn's terrible gimmicks and million stop-start pushes, but I don't remember a single thing Road Dogg did after the NAO broke up.

He didn't, really. He teamed with X-Pac and K-Kwik and rapped about getting rowdy, and then by his admission the WWE fired him for doing all of the drugs in the world.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benne posted:

I want to say I remember this weird thing where Gunn seemed like an "IC talent" and Road Dogg seemed like a "Hardcore talent" so Gunn won the Hardcore Title and Road Dugg won the IC title.

And he tagged with R-Truth before he was R-Truth? But I don't believe anyone ever actually saw that. Its how Lita started as manager to Essa Rios. You hear it. There's historical record. But I'm not convinced it really happened.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

achillesforever6 posted:

I just want to know why they are doing it? Does it have something to do with Facebook since they do it on MMC? Are they trying to differentiate themselves from Raw by being even more awful (honestly Raw has been in much better shape for almost a year now)

I think this is yet another example of some higher-up on the production team (I assume Kevin Dunn but maybe it's some other top exec) having decided it's a clever, artistic and "ground-breaking" idea and because they live in a bubble nobody has the guts to tell them how loving awful and amateurish it looks.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

STAC Goat posted:

I want to say I remember this weird thing where Gunn seemed like an "IC talent" and Road Dogg seemed like a "Hardcore talent" so Gunn won the Hardcore Title and Road Dugg won the IC title.

And he tagged with R-Truth before he was R-Truth? But I don't believe anyone ever actually saw that. Its how Lita started as manager to Essa Rios. You hear it. There's historical record. But I'm not convinced it really happened.

I had a small antenna tv in my bedroom that I'd watch jakked and heat and whatever syndicated shows they had. I've seen things. he wore a bright orange shirt and I think overalls? with k kwik. it was very strange but I was a road Dogg mark so I tried to like it.

also, after figuring out when I started watching from the stuff I remember from old raws, I started in mid-99 and really liked road Dogg, who was completely and utterly aimless. why did I like the shittiest incarnation of road Dogg?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I vaguely remember Road Dogg beating Bossman for the Hardcore title because he used some kind of telescoping pole to hit him in the face, which isn't a foreign object I've seen used before or since.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Don’t blame Road Dogg, sports entertainment is notoriously low viewership during *road dogg bookings*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hearing that they're screwing around with Seth's theme song again on house shows, anyone c/d?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they changed his gimmick to the harvester and changed the lyrics to "turnip town"

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

VJeff posted:

Hearing that they're screwing around with Seth's theme song again on house shows, anyone c/d?

c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7x3T_3KCFY

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, Broken Matt Hardy, EC3, Rockstar spud are all on WWE TV. Angle is the GM, AJ Styles is champ, Samoa Joe regularly is in the main event, while Eric Young is hanging out in NXT and Sting says hi every once in a while.

So, basically WWE & TNA merged pretty much and we are spoiled with the best roster since the Invasion.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

With about as much success.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That probably is not a good sign for how they'll handle Nakamura or Asuka going forward in the future

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Jason Kelce, center for the Eagles, just cut the damndest promo i’ve ever seen at any championship parade.

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/961699919105998848

This RULES and I also appreciate the WHAT chants for a change.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This RULES and I also appreciate the WHAT chants for a change.

Off the charts charisma. Can we replace every single former NFL or college player currently employed by the WWE with this guy? He even has ring attire already.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a friendly reminder the head booker of Smackdown is Road Dogg. If there is anything the past few months of Smackdown has shown me, its that Road Dogg is one of the worst bookers in WWE right now. If not the worst.

A thread:
https://twitter.com/wilpruett/status/961625502392795142

Svensken
May 29, 2010

89 posted:

So, Broken Matt Hardy, EC3, Rockstar spud are all on WWE TV. Angle is the GM, AJ Styles is champ, Samoa Joe regularly is in the main event, while Eric Young is hanging out in NXT and Sting says hi every once in a while.

So, basically WWE & TNA merged pretty much and we are spoiled with the best roster since the Invasion.

All the while Impact is broadcasting AJ/Joe/Kurt-era match for free 24/7 on Twitch.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He misspelled Rusev as “Becky Lynch” but solid points otherwise

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

89 posted:

I love when an a TNA alumni signs and Matt Hardy does his welcome tweet to them.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Road Dogg writes for Shane McMahon and Shane McMahon alone. So long as they treat Shane like the most important person in the world Road Dogg will have a job.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Sheltyb803/status/961289317028114432

:stare:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jesus loving christ

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BookerT5x/status/961960562291888129

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Graves/Booker stuff is a work right??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/961965255042756608

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they worked themselves into a shoot, HH

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

A worked feud based on some real stuff, according to Dave

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DoctorGonzo posted:

they worked themselves into a shoot, HH

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Even if the booker v graves stuff is a work... what the hell is the pay off to it all? How do either of them benefit from this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Booker's show does.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Professor Funk posted:

Yes.

And I don’t know why. Booker was kind of funny but largely just random and Graves is actually good at commentary.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'll just leave this here...

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-rumors-tye-dillinger-10-chants/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I can't believe management is killing off something the fans like

• Locked thread