Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

She didn't get a raw deal. She shot herself in the foot. Aja got Amy Winehouse. Amy isn't known for any signature dance moves or really even a diva and she made it work. Thorgy got her diva and immediately said "oh man, i'm going to fail. There's no way I can make this work." And so she didn't make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i definitely think she got a raw deal in the song element; her parts were incredibly dull and she was given no zingers to deliver at all.

but she should have pulled it out for her costume and gone to town on the personality. sneeze coke at the judges. do witchy hexx stuff. go to town on theatrics.

god drat i thought thorgy was boring beforehand and sure still do. if she had gotten the julie andrews rap she still would have been in the bottom. if she gave a dang about being the best in the comp she'd cut those dreads off but instead we get a litany of excuses and complaints. thorgy was never gonna make it more than four episodes into this comp and as predicted, here we are!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
How the gently caress do you not rock being Stevie Nicks? She's pretty distinctive and could have pushed it to have a comedic witchcraft angle.

Maybe I just want to be Stevie Nicks and I'm jealous..

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Maybe I just want to be Stevie Nicks and I'm jealous..

me irl

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If I got Stevie Nicks I would have been spinning and dizzy the whole time and look real coked out.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So hang on...they knew in advance which Diva to plan for so they could bring the right outfit, correct? If this is the case, then how the gently caress do you bitch about who you got when you had PLENTY OF TIME to figure out how to loving slay it?

Ugh...glad she's gone.

In unrelated newws my 72 year old Fairly Conservative, Midwest born and raised mother has started watching. She is confused if she should call them he or she, but she is enjoying the show at least. Comment from the first episode: "Those guys were doing things with their body (dead drops) that I didn't think men could do!"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

In unrelated newws my 72 year old Fairly Conservative, Midwest born and raised mother has started watching. She is confused if she should call them he or she, but she is enjoying the show at least. Comment from the first episode: "Those guys were doing things with their body (dead drops) that I didn't think men could do!"

keen for an update if she sticks it out through an episode with Trinity The Tuck Taylor

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Flyinglemur posted:

So hang on...they knew in advance which Diva to plan for so they could bring the right outfit, correct? If this is the case, then how the gently caress do you bitch about who you got when you had PLENTY OF TIME to figure out how to loving slay it?

Ugh...glad she's gone.

They knew the outfits, but not the challenge. Though they would have had to be pretty stupid to not realize Diva themed outfits would end up being for a HERstory-type challenge.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I like the idea of the coke powder gag. That would have been hilarious. I mean, for the most part, Thorgie had the look. Soften up the makeup and shorten the wig a bit, but it was fine. Who cares about the lyrics of the song? They don't make your performance.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Dear Prudence posted:

I like the idea of the coke powder gag. That would have been hilarious. I mean, for the most part, Thorgie had the look. Soften up the makeup and shorten the wig a bit, but it was fine. Who cares about the lyrics of the song? They don't make your performance.

Unless you're Valentina.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

God Milk is so annoying. Just caught up.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

gays fashion posted:

Edit: For content, spoilered in case anyone hasn't seen the preview: I love the idea of another improv challenge outside of the snatch game. Based on the theme and the Bitchelor looks that they showed, I bet BenDeLaCreme is going to slay on this one too. Bebe and Milk will probably struggle though.

Theory: I think this is the acting challenge not the improv, one of the judges says something to Trixie about having her lines stepped on, and the guests are from the cast of UnReal, which starts up in a few weeks too.

I have to say, I wasn't feeling Ben during the casting announcements but there was a moment during the Julie Andrews verse where I just saw the look on her face and that look said, "loving professional."

Weird question but did the cuts feel stranger this episode? I didn't look up who directed the ep but I don't recall ever seeing a shot of the back of Ru facing the judges until last night.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am excited for tonight! a challenge that doesn't look like it's super up Bebe's avenue is good; i want to see her flex some entertainer muscle and sweat a bit.

also bring on Kennedy vs Milk bitch antics yeaaaaaaaaa

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I am here for Kennedy v Milk as well.

I am also hoping Trixie breaks into the top this week.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

twistedbutterfly posted:

I am also hoping Trixie breaks into the top this week.

Yeah I'm here for Trixie but I am ready for her to step up.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah I'm here for Trixie but I am ready for her to step up.

I'm not a huge Trixie fan or anything, but I have no idea how Bebe was in the top 3 last week instead of her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm not a huge Trixie fan or anything, but I have no idea how Bebe was in the top 3 last week instead of her.

dat ross

Trixie's Dolly was good but it was more actual Dolly than hilarious Dolly. Bebe hammed those facial expressions tf up. Both their runways were tight as hell.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was annoyed that I was going to be looking at apartment this evening, because it would delay me watching Drag Race. Sucks, but it has to be done.

Thanks to the incoming OMG SNOW it's been moved to Sunday. Let's do this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Me procrastinating going to the bank is going to delay me watching Drag Race, but I didn't work today or tmw and I want to be lit when I watch it so nbd

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

tonight i am gonna enjoy the heck out of some BBQ and a big ice cold beer and i am gonna watch the absolute gently caress out of some glamourous queens talkin' poo poo and bein' all that

FASSSSSHIOOOON DAAAAAAHHHLING

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eleganza extravaganza!!!

gently caress I miss sewing challenges. Remember when Season 3 was an extra long season and had like three 3-look balls in it.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I'm so ready. I'm nursing a painful and unpleasant but not dangerous medical condition so I have Norco in abundance, plus a pint of chocolate-peanut butter Haagen-Dazs and some CBD soda pop to go with my men dressed as women being mean to one another. This is going to loving rule.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Thank you for the 90 minute episodes, we needed a full version of that sketch

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

gently caress off, Milk. I hope he gets penalized for constantly talking over Trixie, who was actually being funny.

e: gently caress yeah

e2: also this

Noise Machine posted:

mods change the title of the thread to turd city

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 9, 2018

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

mods change the title of the thread to turd city

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Go home Milk. You have been horrible this season. I will not miss you.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

How long until I can get a gif of Chad and Alaska at the end...

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I've never been annoyed by a queen more than Milk. Yikes. The change from Season 6 to now is startling.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

She gets a little bit of attention for being hot as a boy and now she thinks she's a god

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Snatch game next week could be very interesting since there's so few contestants. Unlike other seasons there's going to be almost no room to hide. Either you stand out for a good reason or a bad reason.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Why didn't they make this non-blurry :argh:

:allears:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I guarantee you Milk just watched the episode and still thinks she should be in the top 2. Kick rocks.

EDIT: Chi Chi being fully aware of not being up to task is saddddddddd, but I thought going in for the nipple was the move that saved her. Ballsy move.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 9, 2018

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm kind of annoyed it isn't up on Amazon yet, it has been way earlier the last two weeks

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

BeBe getting slotted as safe this week only through Ru-charity for wanting to keep her around longer so she can crawl out of the S1 tour income gap. More acting challenges please to speed her way out the door.

Milk's narcissism should be distilled, atomized and applied as a clear coat to luxury goods.

And that Lorde song is poo poo.

Good episode.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm just feeling real kawaii (that's japanese for cute!) like I just stepped out of a manga (that's japanese for comic book!)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
There’s the Aja I remember from last year!

I’m curious if Ben is trying to win the lip synch or not. If she keeps at the top, but isn’t the one directly booting queens, in a weird way it kind of takes the heat off of her. However, it’s also creating a huge target because she’s now 3/3 (4/4 if you include the library).

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The milk has been spilt. All is well in the world.

I didn't think BeBe's was as bad as people think, her schtick was creative, it clicked immediately and was entertaining enough in her introduction scene. But it's hard to make "shy virgin girl" stand out when your partner is a shameless hungry cougar.

Trixie totally would have been in the top 2 if it weren't for Milk, if only because the producers would've wanted to mix things up a little.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Hooooooly smokes I can't believe how loving delusional Milk is. "I thought Trixie and I had a great back and forth." Wow wow wow. I am so loving glad she got tossed into the bottom. For her to say she's shocked is ridiculous. She's not living on this planet. And when she came out on the runway my first thought was "I thought Thorgie got sent home last episode." Tell me she didn't look dead on as Thorgie. Even had the wide open mouth smile.

Chi-chi made me so sad. Believe you're worth it, gurl. You are fierce! She has so much talent but it's like she doesn't know how to let her creativity take over.

I was so mad for Trixie. Only thing that stopped her from getting top was loud mouth Milk, who looked like absolute trash. But Trixie looked great and I laughed at the jokes she dis land. Especially her calling him Jason. I mean Jared.

Aja's runway look was super good so I wasn't worried about her going home. Her interpretation of needy was way off base, but I mean, she committed to her character so big ups for that I guess. Haha!

Kennedy was so hilarious as the party girl. When she took out the vodka bottle I laughed so hard I had a choking fit. And then the wig. Oh my god. I didn't realize she could be so funny. Like Ross Matthews said, why don't I know she's a comedy queen?

I'm glad Kennedy made the decision she did. And we all knew that's who she would choose.

I loved Michelle Visage's look on the panel. I did for a good rockabilly look and she glamed it up so good.

All their jokes during Shangela's walk had me dying. G-M-Oh no she didn't!

Ah in any case this was a good episode and I'm happy with the results.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Oh yeah and also the lipsync song sucked and their dances were boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cool, now everyone who's left is either my favorite from their season or close to favorite. Gonna be hard to pick who I want to win most, but so far BenDeLa's been running circles around everyone. Sure, she's sort of been handed perfect roles, but she's definitely earned her wins. Ben, Shangela, and Trixie would probably be my top 3.

Random stuff:
  • I really hope the BeBe conspiracy theory is true.
  • Aja's made so much progress, especially considering how little time she had after her season. Maybe not yet enough to win, but incredibly impressive.
  • My heart breaks for Chi Chi. I hope she can overcome her inner saboteur, because she's so full of potential.
  • I want to know if the main impetus for the Rudemption runway was that Kennedy was on, but either way she (and Shangela) gave me life.
  • Milk turned into Laganja, holy hell.

• Locked thread