Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

AggressivelyStupid posted:

why the gently caress would andre drummond be in the skills challenge

it feels like a prank someone is playing on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

:laffo:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Why aren't the Knicks starting Frank?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Because he’s got the passing skills that, so far this season, pay the bills.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I would say the Raps should just start their bench but you dont wanna kick a team while it's down

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So in the end the Cavs ended up trading Kyrie Irving for Jordan Clarkson, Rodney Hood and the Nets pick.

Ainge loving fleeced 'em.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

So in the end the Cavs ended up trading Kyrie Irving for Jordan Clarkson, Rodney Hood and the Nets pick.

Nance getting no respect

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Noah Vonleh. Hennry Ellenson. Two guys we squinted real hard at and thought they could shoot 3s

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Boris is not gonna sit around drinking loving Oliver Winery get the gently caress out of here

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah plus Nance, but that's even after making pretty crazy good trades with what they had. IT and Crowder seem like more damnable returns for Kyrie than Clarkson, Nance and Hood at this point, unfortunately

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Giving Danny Ainge the power to trade players Brad Stevens is propping up is an unfair advantage. Adam Silver must step in and disband the Celtics

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EMC posted:

The IT Cleveland tribute video could be every one of his made baskets and still not be long enough to fill a whole time out

Also have NBA fans turned harder on anyone faster than IT this year, talk about a hero in Boston barely 6 months ago and now he is salary filler and assumed locker room cancer. Up there with The Decision and KD signing with the Warriors

I feel for the guy. His sister isn’t a year in the ground, he suffered a major injury, was traded, came back and has struggled badly. Not a surprise he’s not in a great state of mind. When he first got hurt people (including here) accused him of faking it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

i feel like we should wait for kyrie to do anything before claiming ainge fleeced the cavs

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

George Hill, Rodney Hood, Larry Nance Jr, Jordan Clarkson, and the Nets Pick

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

I feel for the guy. His sister isn’t a year in the ground, he suffered a major injury, was traded, came back and has struggled badly. Not a surprise he’s not in a great state of mind. When he first got hurt people (including here) accused him of faking it

Yeah a lot of people wanted to claim he "disappeared" and was faking it because he was too scared to play the Cavs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i wanted IT to be good(and still do). i get being unhappy i just dont like where he directed that ire. a poor yakubian like kevin love cant defend himself against a midgets attacks

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

George Hill, Rodney Hood, Larry Nance Jr, Jordan Clarkson, and the Nets Pick

And got out of the Shumpert contract, don't underestimate that. Though they did lose Frye and their own pick.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I am a little bit mad about the Memphis Grizzlies who I have always liked, especially that upset 2010-2011 series win over the Spurs, but honestly what the gently caress are they doing? I understand wanting a first rounder for Tyreke but when the market doesn't dictate that just get a high second or a young guy or some combination of poo poo and start the rebuild

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It's guards vs bigs for tv entertainment purposes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I've only just started playing around with it, but the ShamSports dude has put out what looks to be a fairly sick cap calculator tool.

Here's the explainer: http://www.shamsports.com/
And here's the actual thing: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

"Kings need to move one of Malachi or Papa John to make room for a deal with Cleveland"

* Vlade lights up a cigarette, takes a long pull, and stares at his phone*

see i imagine that he doesn't have a lighter so he lights off the stove in the morning then chainsmokes throughout the day

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010
Why does everyone keep forgetting that the Cavs still have the centerpiece of the Irving trade?

Or should I say, the Ante Zizic trade

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

I've only just started playing around with it, but the ShamSports dude has put out what looks to be a fairly sick cap calculator tool.

Here's the explainer: http://www.shamsports.com/
And here's the actual thing: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

This rules

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/961773941864923136

#loweblow

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Papercut posted:

Yeah both Swanigan and Collins have shown real flashes this season. I think both are at minimum decent backups, which isn't some huge disaster for guys picked in the mid-first.

My first thought about "fire Olshey" was well who are you gonna replace him with? But I would take Hinkie in a flash.

I can't believe Vonleh is only 22. He's not bad enough to be called trash, he's just not very good. He's one of those athletes that coaches will keep taking fliers on, believing they're the guy who can finally turn him around.

It's hard getting excited about Swanigan or Collins when so many other players from the draft are performing better. They're like 47th and 52nd in PER for rookies, and even worse on winshares. Not going to talk poo poo on them until a year or two down the road but I do not dare get my hopes up for them.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

DeAndre Jordan for TT, the ghost of Derrick Rose, and a loving pick swap? Goddamn this man is stupid

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Luke Kornet's gigantic parents are pumped

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

sum posted:

DeAndre Jordan for TT, the ghost of Derrick Rose, and a loving pick swap? Goddamn this man is stupid

His insane trade ideas are kind of his thing.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That DJ trade is less crazy than the Hill/Hood trade though.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dmacalaca/status/961782268669804545

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bill Simmons is an entertainer. He performs journalism-entertainment.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Losing Good Rodney is tough, I’d be emotional too

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad anesthesia guy is fighting the false narrative that jae crowder is good, at anything.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

A Living Meme :lol:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dragan bender claims final victory over his rival

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

doug bucket is on his fourth team in a calendar year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

doug bucket is on his fourth team in a calendar year

its not right come home dougie

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lukeufoley/status/961667790074777600

I laughed and laughed

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I can't believe someone traded for Elfrid Payton with a 2nd round pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Constellation I posted:

I can't believe someone traded for Elfrid Payton with a 2nd round pick.

https://twitter.com/elfrid/status/961105074436046848

edit: man, looking at his stats they're not even that bad? what is orlando doing

• Locked thread