Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

payton never saw it coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I guess the biggest upside from the trade for the Jazz is opening up minutes for Exum when he comes back in a few weeks. Crowder is an ok buy low candidate and the Jazz will involve him more in the offense than Cleveland did which might get him more engaged. Technically better than just letting Hood walk after the season which they were 100% going to do.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Away all Goats posted:

edit: man, looking at his stats they're not even that bad? what is orlando doing

mr burns as GM firing don mattingly except he's completely right

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's the man whose rights the blazers traded for:

bonus:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

woah, Mac got ripped

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Just like IT has suffered a huge fall in standing, it's unreal that in less than a season Ainge has gone from rear end in a top hat who leaks stories about offering 3 firsts for Frank Kaminsky to the guy that traded fool's gold for Kyrie and sidestepped the Fultz land mine.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Is "anything is better than nothing" a foreign concept to Christopher "Biggie" Wallace

WhyteRyce is Chris Wallace confirmed!!!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

R.D. Mangles posted:

here's the man whose rights the blazers traded for:

bonus:

If you're an Eastern European big and you shave your head, you're automatically granted warlock powers.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Away all Goats posted:

https://twitter.com/elfrid/status/961105074436046848

edit: man, looking at his stats they're not even that bad? what is orlando doing

He's an RFA next year and Orlando doesn't need his bird rights. They would have ended up paying market price for him, and they can just use that cap space on another PG if they want.

An RFA who isn't a rookie max isn't very valuable if you have a bunch of cap space anyway.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Away all Goats posted:

https://twitter.com/elfrid/status/961105074436046848

I promise you that’s misleading. He’s a refugee’s Rondo, and the magic are better by a good margin when fucken DJ Augustin plays than Elf.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elfrid's going to get turned onto Hair Theory and become an all-star

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

elfrid's going to get turned onto Hair Theory and become an all-star

This is a legit possibility except that it’s very clear after he became a meme over it that he’s doubled down and will never wise up

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Orlando is all-in on Trae Young

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Orlando is all-in on Trae Young

please do not put this curse on him

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bill Simmons is an entertainer. He performs journalism-entertainment.

In that case he's currently the Dolph Ziggler of journo-tainment.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

BWV posted:

In that case he's currently the Dolph Ziggler of journo-tainment.

Hopefully he quits, just like Dolph Ziggler.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
As bad as bill Simmons is it's not as annoying as zach Harper spending (adding em up) hours in film critique and such. I don't care if you said you were gonna do it in the podcast description dude I'm not listening to you for the completely fresh and uncrossed territory of "lol nick Cage is great!!!"
The Basketball Friends and other pods can be guilty of this too and it's like, cmon guys you're entertaining and charismatic for basketball journalists not in a general sense. Of course bill Simmons is super guilty of this too, it's just more excusable cuz I don't expect good content from Simmons anyway...like why in the goddamn world would you think anyone is interested in what your favorite films of 2017 are?? You can barely give good sports takes!!!
But then the other side of the spectrum is Dunc'd On's robotics. I just want a drat healthy middle ground.
/Endrant

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the clear solution is to start our own podcast, with hookers and blackjack

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Carlosologist posted:

the clear solution is to start our own podcast, with hookers a hooker factory, cocaine mountain, and blackjack

FTFY

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

we could even call it Blame Kevin Love, a reference to Kevin Love being blamed for everything wrong with Cleveland but managing to be the last man standing from the title team

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
And you know what I know movies, maybe sometimes we could have like 20 minutes where we shoot the poo poo about what's in thea-ohh ohh noo. I've becomes exactly what I despised. I'll excuse myself to cocaine mountain.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I bought Kevin Love stock when he was first traded to the Cavs, because he is like me except with hair and can actually do the things I tried to do on a basketball court. I'm not selling

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

we could even call it Blame Kevin Love, a reference to Kevin Love being blamed for everything wrong with Cleveland but managing to be the last man standing from the title team

I can absolutely see them trading him once they have a chance, possibly as a last-ditch to keep Lebronowitz

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when Joe Johnson went to go chase buckets in Miami instead of signing in Cleveland
https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/961691864633171969

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Elfrid Payton was put on this earth to show us the hubris of fashion

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

reposting this hot data from the gameday thread

EvanTH posted:

1 J. Bell | K. Durant | D. Green | A. Iguodala | K. Thompson
22:10 +56.8

2 S. Curry | K. Durant | D. Green | K. Looney | K. Thompson
30:23 +53.5

3 K. Durant | D. Green | S. Livingston | Z. Pachulia | K. Thompson
42:49 +25.8

1 D. DeRozan | J. Poeltl | P. Siakam | F. VanVleet | D. Wright
27:03 +78.6

2 C. Miles | J. Poeltl | P. Siakam | F. VanVleet | D. Wright
118:19 +24.4

7 O. Anunoby | D. DeRozan | S. Ibaka | K. Lowry | J. Valanciunas
(most common starting lineup)
556:42 +12.6

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

It's hard getting excited about Swanigan or Collins when so many other players from the draft are performing better. They're like 47th and 52nd in PER for rookies, and even worse on winshares. Not going to talk poo poo on them until a year or two down the road but I do not dare get my hopes up for them.

It's obviously hard to judge Biggie and Collins, but I can't shake the feeling that they are more guys who are perpetually on the cusp of putting it all together. They just have that look to me. And it's Portland's fate to collect guys like that.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Elfrid Payton owns and will hear nothing else than bonked shots/ missed shots.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

big boi posted:

I bought Kevin Love stock when he was first traded to the Cavs, because he is like me except with hair and can actually do the things I tried to do on a basketball court. I'm not selling

*Grizzled vet voice*
Where were you when Gendo was raining down doughnut photoshops and no one knew the value of a big shooting 3s

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

probably not getting harassed by gendo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

*Grizzled vet voice*
Where were you when Gendo was raining down doughnut photoshops and no one knew the value of a big shooting 3s

To be fair, that was the funniest poo poo

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I don't know if I'm faceblind or if Nomar grew like 10 inches, changed hair, and is playing for the wizards.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

leftist heap posted:

It's obviously hard to judge Biggie and Collins, but I can't shake the feeling that they are more guys who are perpetually on the cusp of putting it all together. They just have that look to me. And it's Portland's fate to collect guys like that.

I think the up and down season is just getting to you, or just Evan Turner's contract

It sounds a bit like Stockholm syndrome, but I'm happy with the move to dump Vonleh and stand pat otherwise. Clearly the Blazers weren't going to be able to obtain any assets, and this way they're under the tax this year.

Now I think they have a little more flexibility this summer, their RFAs should be somewhat easy to retain in this climate if they want to go down that route, and maybe they can even get involved in a deal to dump a bad contract

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I've supported dumpy white guys shooting threes since Matt "Air Bull" Bullard

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when Joe Johnson went to go chase buckets in Miami instead of signing in Cleveland
https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/961691864633171969

drat I really hope he doesn't sign with the Dubs

Do any of the championship teams chasing him have any money or is it basically down to where he wants to play the most

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I'm very happy that the team finally realized it can just get rid of Elfrid Payton instead of trying to construct the entire rest of the team around his many weaknesses to cater to him, all while he doesn't improve at all

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

chunkles posted:

I've supported dumpy white guys shooting threes since Matt "Air Bull" Bullard

drat I really hope he doesn't sign with the Dubs

Do any of the championship teams chasing him have any money or is it basically down to where he wants to play the most

Joe is a different bird. I think he chased money, shots, and sun when he signed in Miami over ring chasing in Cleveland

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I don't know if I'm faceblind or if Nomar grew like 10 inches, changed hair, and is playing for the wizards.

A fair amount of column A and a little bit of column B.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Salvor_Hardin posted:

These two men look literally nothing alike. For sure face blindness.

Edit: So happy Wade is back. We needed a new Dion Waiters after he went down.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cavs are gonna retire Dwades jersey number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls paid $39 million for 66 games of wade who ended up in miami anyway

• Locked thread