Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

MinutePirateBug posted:

-Curious about the complexity of the object summoned and the limitations of this? Also in what range are the objects summoned to? Can you place a object you summon miles away from you? Can you say break a pin and summon the equivalent mass worth of anti-matter? Or can you break something relatively simple like a cookie and summon an integrated circuit?

"The demon breaks the target object and specifics a new object of the same Size (Durability is immaterial). That object arrives in the demon’s proximity within the next hour. If the demon is secluded, imprisoned, or otherwise cut off from much of the world, the item can take more time to arrive (not more than a week)."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

That is incredibly powerful

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

NinjaPete posted:

"The demon produces the desired object, provided it would fit into the pocket in question. The demon can use this Embed on receptacles that are not literally pockets (insides of coats, purses, violin cases) provided that no one in the current scene has seen the interior and knows that the target object was not there. "

That's fine then. It's perfectly normal for a woman to carry a huge purse that has an unholy amount of junk in it.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
1. B - Mabin was a negotiation driven by our own desperation. Our guilt during our moment of weakness and the tragedies that drove her to us define us more than we'll admit.

2. I liked No Gods, but I feel like throwing out an alternative: The Drawer of Broken Things. The suffering of The God Machine's imperfect denizens awoke us to to their suffering and we know that the more out of place or broken they are, the more real and untainted by the God Machine's perfect logic they emerge. We gather them around us, enabling them and their discontents, unwilling to provide real solutions to their problems lest we mistakingly do the God Machine's bidding.

3. D - game night

4. B

5. Mr. Loam gender distinction is narratively useful, if Earth and fertility are gynic (as they are often represented) then an andric figure robbing it might be appropriate. The monkier Loam ties into our goals of reformation and our delusions of nurture.

powers: imagine how, if ready to see the workings of the universe, what a glimpse might do to awaken our flock and, if not ready, how it might break those who needed but a push.

piL fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 7, 2018

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
1. A
2. Hell is Full Communism: Liberation for all peoples!
3. B
4. D
5. Ms. Dust

Powers:
Authorization
Homogenous Memory
Sabotage
and I'm voting for my favorite Exploit in the book:
Four Minutes Ago (keyed to Homogenous Memory. We're so good at altering people's memories that we can overcharge it to alter causality itself.)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

MinutePirateBug posted:

Virtue - Charity or Hope
Vice - Pride

4. C , D
5. Ms. Ink

Powers:

Mundane
Going Native: The demon is temporarily centralized in a single cover, becoming a true human for all intents and purposes. Some use this to sneak past angelic guards, while others simply seek to enjoy life as a mortal for once.

In My Pocket: A demon’s pockets are a strange confluence of empty space and quantum possibility, a demon might potentially have anything in his pockets that would reasonably fit. As such, a demon’s pockets can be said to have any object that would fit in them.

Vocal
Voice of the Machine: This is a dangerous Embed, a demon can listen to the voice of God within all machines, and gain some insight into what is going on around him, but he must be careful that the machinery does not betray him.

Cacophany
Raw Materials:
Nature abhors a vacuum. With this Embed, the demon can break an object to “summon” an object of similar Size.

-Curious about the complexity of the object summoned and the limitations of this? Also in what range are the objects summoned to? Can you place a object you summon miles away from you? Can you say break a pin and summon the equivalent mass worth of anti-matter? Or can you break something relatively simple like a cookie and summon an integrated circuit?

I like this character idea

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
1. A
3. D
4. C
5. Mrs. Patient Ms. Ink

Like I Built It- I feel like a stealthy, liquid bodied agent could use intuitive understanding of structures.
Without A Trace- Similarly, we shouldn't leave clues.
Raw Materials- Seems super versatile. Sabotage
Freudian Slip- For the human problems.

Edit: Changed close votes

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 8, 2018

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B
2. Hell is God's Blind Spot. A place on Earth unaffected by the machine.
3. Pass
4. A
5. Pass

Homogeneous Memory, In My Pocket, Just Bruised

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
1A I would like Mabin to be a real person, but I definitely don't want us to unrealify her.
2 Hell is any place the Machine cannot touch.
3 B (I am a fool for voting for this but I'm a sucker for in medias res)
4 B
5 Ms. Rake

Embeds: In My Pocket, Loose Lips, Going Native, Right Tools Right Job

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Goonsay challenge: In my pocket as applied to Riddles in the Dark. Go!

A. We aren't that sort of Demon.

Hell is the absence of anything in place to control us or people we like. So we gotta stick it to the man, devine or otherwise. Hell is us or one of our pals being nominally in charge of a Big Thing and doing good with it. Low profile, big effect, yadda yadda.

D. Because of course we're gaming. Bonus if one of our pals is wearing Capone and brings stuff to make some Southsides.

D. Silent.

We are [insert pronoun] Smoke.

DEFINITELY Authorized.
Right Tools, Right Job looks pretty sweet.

Across a Crowded Room looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Raw Materials is spot on for us.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Patchwork
No Gods, No Masters
, for at least a portion of America. Break the GM's hold and keep it broken, then reshape it in our image.
All of them at once somehow
Smashing/Insurgent Drive a truck full of TNT into God's face.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

1 A
2 No Gods No Masters
3 CD
4 CD
5 Ms Brown

Embeds: Authorized, In my pocket, Data Retrieval, Freudian Slip

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
24ish Warning. Switch or vote for the next day, or a little less if I get ansty. Just let me know what you are switching from as well as to.

Votes as they Stand:

1. Is Mabin a Patchwork Cover, or a Soul Pact cover?
A. Patchwork 10
B Soul Pact. 6

2. What is our idea of Hell?
No Gods No Masters, or some similar idea seems to be the idea.

3. Where do we start? Vote for as many as you want.

A 1
B 4
C 7
D 8

4. Tone of the Game
A.Smashing (Loud and Smooth) 3
B.Insurgent (Loud and Rough) 7
C.Gritty (Soft and Rough) 10
D.Silent (Soft and Smooth) 8

5. What do you go by these days?
Ones with more than 1 vote
Ms. Ink
Ms. Dust
Ms. Brown

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power poo poo

Assuming we live long enough to get XP, I'd like to get as many powers that people seemed interested in as possible. Right now though, for our starting 3-4, the leaders of the pack seem to be
In My Pocket 7
Sabotage 4
Raw Material 4
Authorized 4

Most everything else has 2-3 mentions.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Switching my vote for name from Mrs. Johnson to Ms. Sunshine (I missed the part about it usually being a noun, I thought I was being very clever with my Shadowrun reference).

Also, officially voting for
Authorized
In My Pocket
Like I Built It
Data Retrieval

Use our Authorized to walk into a major internet/fiber optic nexus, use Data Retrieval to read the emails of half the planet. Or just use In My Pocket or Raw Material to get ourselves a copy of the hard drive/phone/whatever of the person we're spying on and go through it. Demons are OP as gently caress.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 8, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Looks like we’re definitely getting In My Pocket so I’d suggest moving votes off of Raw Material if it’s as redundant as it appears; why take an hour summoning something we already have in our bag?

Our powers are going to give us gear, access, and the ability to influence objects. Might be nice to have a power that lets us more easily influence the world like Everybody Knows.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Raw Material is a really good backup for either large objects/things we can't conceivably pull out of our bag or if we get knocked out and wake up naked in a dingy room with no pockets and need to materialize a key. If magically always having what we need is gonna be a core part of our playstyle, I want to make sure it's as wide-reaching as possible.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
Of the three, I like Dust and Ink. Can I can an anti-vote against Brown?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

jagadaishio posted:

Of the three, I like Dust and Ink. Can I can an anti-vote against Brown?

Vote for Little Miss Sunshine it's funny and good

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

Raw Material is a really good backup for either large objects/things we can't conceivably pull out of our bag or if we get knocked out and wake up naked in a dingy room with no pockets and need to materialize a key. If magically always having what we need is gonna be a core part of our playstyle, I want to make sure it's as wide-reaching as possible.

We only get 4 powers. Do we really want to use one up on the specific situation that we are trapped naked with a breakable object? Also note that Raw Materials can take up to a week to work if we are isolated.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1) A, Patchwork

3) C, middle of daily life

4) BC - guess I like it rough then?

5) Ms. Grapes (as in of Wrath - we found Steinbeck's novel very cathartic; maybe even helped Steinbeck win the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1962 as a result - apparently the award was "heavily criticized", according to that bastion of reliable sources, Wikipedia; so maybe we were the driving force behind it? )

No opinion on #2 or powers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crazycryodude posted:

Yes, but Like I Built It means we can use anything we find. Anything. Walk into mission control with Authorized and we can launch a space rocket or nuke a city or whatever that base is set up for. Drive a tank. Fix a nuclear reactor. Program a quantum computer. Turn off the security system. Anything.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Hrm, true. I'll swap Raw Materials out for LIBI

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Adding a vote for 3)D.
Adding a vote for Like I Built It.
Changing my name vote from Ms Mayhem to Ms Sunshine.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Changed vote from Mrs. Patient to Ms. Ink
Changed vote from Raw Materials to Sabotage
Changes are reflected in my original post.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Task Manager posted:

1) A, Patchwork

3) C, middle of daily life

4) BC - guess I like it rough then?

5) Ms. Grapes (as in of Wrath - we found Steinbeck's novel very cathartic; maybe even helped Steinbeck win the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1962 as a result - apparently the award was "heavily criticized", according to that bastion of reliable sources, Wikipedia; so maybe we were the driving force behind it? )

No opinion on #2 or powers.

I like the cut of your jib Task Manager. Voting this

Powers:
Authorized
In My Pocket
Like I Built It
Download Knowledge
- I don't really get this one but it sounds cool

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

As to 4 I vote C, Gritty (Soft and rough). Pass on the rest for now, I like what is in the lead.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
How much Plutonium can we stockpile with this magic pocket?

Unrelated, are we or our our meat puppet effected by radiation?

Asking for a friend.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

We can pull anything out of a bag as long as it would fit inside and nobody has seen that it was not in the bag earlier. So if we just have a secret bag nobody ever sees inside of we can just reach in and pull out a fully armed nuclear warhead.

Our meat-form probably gets radiation sick, though, if we want to gently caress around with real hazmat poo poo we'd have to go demon form.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
I have tried to not talk too much about crunch stuff here because I don't want to kill the buzz, but there are limitations with In My Pocket that I haven't gotten into.

"...it cannot produce an object that has been established as not being in the demon’s pocket, it cannot produce an object belonging to or in the possession of another person (so the demon could produce a cell phone, but not a specific person’s cell phone). The character can use this Embed a number of times during a chapter equal to his Primum rating. After that, every use of In My Pocket causes a compromise roll."

In My Pocket doesn't do specific, pre-existing objects. That's the Exploit versio, Deep Pockets. It can give you general things.Are you trying to get into the locked room? In My Pocket means you have a lockpick, not necessarily the key.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

But you could, say, pull out a Porsche masterkey if we were trying to get some wheels?

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Not Alex posted:

But you could, say, pull out a Porsche masterkey if we were trying to get some wheels?

Depending on the roll, you could pull out a Porsche key, or a new to the Yugo somehow parked next to the Porsche.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Having driven at least two Porsches in my time, I would say meh. They're comfy with some extra sparkles but otherwise nothing special. Get yourself a monster truck and drive over all the lesser vehicles. (and beings but we do that anyway all day everyday)

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

We can pull anything out of a bag as long as it would fit inside and nobody has seen that it was not in the bag earlier. So if we just have a secret bag nobody ever sees inside of we can just reach in and pull out a fully armed nuclear warhead.

Our meat-form probably gets radiation sick, though, if we want to gently caress around with real hazmat poo poo we'd have to go demon form.
What about anitmatter? Or a brick of strange-quarks?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Diogines posted:

What about anitmatter? Or a brick of strange-quarks?

As long as nobody has empirically established that we don't have a thing, we can pull it out. So just don't let anyone look in our Magical Bag of Strange-Quarks and we're golden.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Uh. If we materialize Antimatter, then pull it out of a pocket, we would be doing so in an area full of air. Which would react with anti matter. Kasplosion time.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. B
2. No Gods No Masters
3. D
4. D
5. Ms Sunshine

Authorized, In My Pocket, Like I Built It, Sabotage

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

Uh. If we materialize Antimatter, then pull it out of a pocket, we would be doing so in an area full of air. Which would react with anti matter. Kasplosion time.
I was aware when I asked the question.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Guess who's got a fistfull of Ebola and a kazoo?

This gal! *phhhhtttthhbbbbtttttr*

Diogines posted:

I was aware when I asked the question.

That's a great 'gently caress you, I'm out'. Maybe there's time to extend a middle finger before it all goes kablooey shaped.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

That is exactly what I had in mind! Physics Goons, what would be more destructive for the local area, a pound liter of antimatter or a pound liter of neutronium?

Edit: The answer is neutronium because while antimatter-matter annihilation does produce more energy per particle, neutronium is much denser. However, there is no reason we can't pick both.

Antineutronium.

Well, I know how we are going to die now!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Antimatter, 100%. A pound of antimatter is gonna glass the city, a pound of neutronium will just be a tiny speck that burrows to the center of the Earth and does nothing. Now, a *liter* of neutronium could get interesting....