Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Doorknob Slobber posted:

my son thinks he can live entirely on peanut butter toast(he's 4)

To be fair, that's something you could live on for quite a while. Source: any of the times I've lived in my car.

Tax return came back already! We only got back 1/4 of what they withheld, but that's still a bunch of money, woohoo!

Related, I just now noticed the PS Store optimistically has a category for "Cross-Platform" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

boy i could sure slam down a whole roast chicken right about now

same but only if I crack open a wall to get at it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Roast chicken is really good

Edit: That one dude ate McDonald's for a month and lived so this seems easy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i thought it ended up coming out that Spurlock cheated when he made Super Size Me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Super Size Me was dumb and just made me want to eat McDonalds.

Celeste question: About the blue hearts: Without just straight up telling me where they are, is it just a matter of combing every inch of the levels and hoping to find a secret entrance or is there usually a sign that the room is around? Because the room in the fourth chapter felt like it was barely hidden at all but I can't seem to find the one in the first stage.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Macaluso posted:

Celeste question: About the blue hearts: Without just straight up telling me where they are, is it just a matter of combing every inch of the levels and hoping to find a secret entrance or is there usually a sign that the room is around? Because the room in the fourth chapter felt like it was barely hidden at all but I can't seem to find the one in the first stage.

The blue heart isn't necessarily in plain sight. You've probably found the room that it's in already

edit: if you do want to know where to look in chapter 1 it's the satellite dish room

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 9, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

If there's anything in a stage that looks like it might be a puzzle, it is the blue heart. There's a few bits of Fez like stuff in there.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

Super High Me was even more dumb because "I'm gonna get stoned every day for a month" is what every stoner already does

al-azad
May 28, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

I'm surprised it took that long before they jumped the shark

They jumped the shark with the second game almost a decade ago. V3 is the perfect ending, it’s the Homer’s Enemy of video games except in this case the head writer has the pull to let it rest.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

i thought it ended up coming out that Spurlock cheated when he made Super Size Me.

On his girlfriend? From the stories that came out, probably

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

Super High Me was even more dumb because "I'm gonna get stoned every day for a month" is what every stoner already does

also Doug Benson seems like an alright dude but he is extremely not funny

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All three Danganronpa games are good

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

no but really the concept was supposed to be that he abstained for a month and then smoked weed for a month but here’s the thing: that’s stupid too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Super Size Me is a movie that shows the importance of scientific peer review because even if you ignore the fact he probably cheated, no one has been able to replicate his results like at all, showing most of the abnormalities probably had more to do with him.

Like I'm not saying that eating fast food is healthy but his data in that movie suuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkked

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I love that the movie has about 5 minutes that have aged terribly because it has Jared Fogle speaking to kids

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

goferchan posted:

The blue heart isn't necessarily in plain sight. You've probably found the room that it's in already

edit: if you do want to know where to look in chapter 1 it's the satellite dish room

See I figured that was the place so I'm on the right track but it has me totally stumped. I refuse to throw in the towel on this so quickly though!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
colors are very good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

also Doug Benson seems like an alright dude but he is extremely not funny

yeah like he totally seems fun to hang out with but woof.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
picked up Celeste, hope it's as good as yall say

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Update: I figured out the puzzle. I feel like both a loving genius and a huge idiot at the same time. 10/10

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
tfw you're trying to watch a really good speedrun and the commentator makes it un-loving-bearable because he has the most annoying laugh in the universe and keeps pronouncing words wrong instead of letting the guy doing the run talk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So a streamer got all of the gold thingies in SotC PS4. It unlocked a secret area below the main temple area that contains the "Sword of Dormin", which looks like it kills Colossi in one hit. No word on if it changes the ending or anything yet, though that seems unlikely.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 9, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1529918676/sonic-the-hedgehog-battle-racers-0

OH BOY

Only $150 to get everything lol

They don't even have a gameplay vid and aren't putting one up til Saturday

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Celeste is good as hell already drat

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
It’s kinda crazy Yakuza and Monster Hunter are now household names in the west but Square isn’t even attempting a similar breakthrough with Dragon Quest

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dragon Quest, isn't that the Minecraft clone? Heard pretty good things!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That would involve updating it to not play like a slightly more friendly NES game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

That would involve updating it to not play like a slightly more friendly NES game.

hey now

the remake of 8 plays like a more friendly SNES game :colbert:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nina posted:

It’s kinda crazy Yakuza and Monster Hunter are now household names in the west but Square isn’t even attempting a similar breakthrough with Dragon Quest

they're still localizing dq11 so who knows, maybe that'll have an impact since people have hyped it up as one of the best games in the series

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

they're still localizing dq11 so who knows, maybe that'll have an impact since people have hyped it up as one of the best games in the series

it's DQ8 all over again!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have a long line up of games to play off my brothers' steam libraries including but not limited to

prey
edf
dark souls iii
mgsv
bioshock infinite
INSIDE
her story
cuphead
alien isolation
life is strange: bts
LISA

i'll probably finish five of these and then play metroid 2 or oracle of ages or something and forget about the rest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Far as I'm aware SE still haven't even made an official statement saying they're bringing DQ11 over.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i have a long line up of games to play off my brothers' steam libraries including but not limited to

prey
edf
dark souls iii
maybe mgsv
bioshock infinite
INSIDE
her story
cuphead
alien isolation

i'll probably finish five of these

Do yourself a favour and don't play Bioshock Infinite.
I'd say the same for Inside but it's like three hours long so.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Do yourself a favour and don't play Bioshock Infinite.
I'd say the same for Inside but it's like three hours long so.

i feel like i have to play bioshock infinite because i'm very curious about the game that exploded through the power of dumb internet slapfights over an argument that literally hasn't been relevant since the year it released because it was so pathetically meaningless

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This is why those nuclear waste warning signs will never work

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
nuclear waste signs will never work because the waste gives me strength

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I don't get the hate for Bioshock Infinite, but I didn't really get the love for Bioshock, either. They're games with mediocre, low impact shooting, an interesting aesthetic, and a story I don't care for.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

This is why those nuclear waste warning signs will never work

it's a matter of how you convey it. if we had a wordfilter that changed Bioshock Infinite into various emojis of people suffering and dying then it would keep the survivor tribes out of the storage facility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bioshock 1 is an ok game that pulls out some interesting themes and sort of manages to follow through on them even though the way it does is ultimately really stilted, is my take on basically every bioshock i've played because bioshock 2 crashed too much in the first hour for me to decide i wanted to see if it actually did anything with its story and after that i realized i kinda just wanted to play prey

• Locked thread