Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Westworldworld. Relive the days when everyone wanted to kill one another over timelines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
One of the parks is PUBG Battlegroundworld, where you get shot by a Chinese dude from 500 yards away using massive aimbot hacks.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonz posted:

One of the parks is PUBG Battlegroundworld, where you get shot by a Chinese dude from 500 yards away using massive aimbot hacks.

Rustworld. You enter the park naked directly into a prison cell and are immediately killed by chainsaw wielding maniacs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'd probably stop watching Westworld if this happened because if they did something like that I'd know they're creatively bankrupt.

It could work as a background joke or something.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Park Six is a regular Six Flags, except the employees are hosts and you can't kill them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'd probably stop watching Westworld if this happened because if they did something like that I'd know they're creatively bankrupt.

Nolan was asked about it and he said that while it's a cool idea it doesn't fit what they're doing.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Jeoh posted:

Waiting for Ian McShane and Timothy Olyphant to show up in Westworld.

Realtalk, I recently rewatched Deadwood and it was fun to entertain the idea of it being set in the park and deciding who was a host and who was a guest.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

regulargonzalez posted:

Realtalk, I recently rewatched Deadwood and it was fun to entertain the idea of it being set in the park and deciding who was a host and who was a guest.

Hearst is a guest.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Swegin is obviously a host.

bondetamp
Aug 8, 2011

Could you have been born, Richardson? And not egg-hatched as I've always assumed? Did your mother hover over you, snaggle-toothed and doting as you now hover over me?
Alma Garret and both of Garret Dillahunt's characters are guests. I bet the PR guys had great fun cleaning up after the suicide.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

How about Game of Thrones World? Cameos from the entire cast, and they could even shoot on some of the same sets. Who wouldn't lose their poo poo over an unofficial crossover?

I don't understand why this silly idea keeps coming up.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

KoRMaK posted:

That would explain the fancy paused party in the trailer.

I assume this scene is the reveal for how William takes the family business from Logan.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lycus posted:

I don't understand why this silly idea keeps coming up.

Because the original Westworld Movie was just "What sets do we have?" at whatever backlot they were filming on

HBO owns medival fantasy world, urban decay cop world, middle school world, weekly round up talk show, etc so these are all possible sets for Westworld

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 9, 2018

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Silicon Valley World would be fun. Just get high with Urlech and drive around in a car who's doors go like this *vaguely gestures a wing like motion.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

How about Game of Thrones World?

That's a bit of a clumsy title. Westeros World would work better. They could call it Westworld for short

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It would make a lot of sense to have a world that is just not themed, so people could live out illegal fantasies. Makes me think of that scene in Minority Report where the guy wants to live through a dream of killing his boss.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

That's basically the first episode of the new Black Mirror season. Except it has a theme. I guess really BM is getting into WW territory. Thanks for reading my post.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

That's a bit of a clumsy title. Westeros World would work better. They could call it Westworld for short

Or, given what the guests are like, Ros World.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
There are references to TechWorld in the online Delos files, but it could just be the in-universe term for maintenance.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Yeah, but she did linger a bit. After you've done it a few times it's just a wierd hallway.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I finished Person of Interest and it was amazing. I probably already said that but years ago, I thought it would just be a mediocre CSI clone and ignored it. I never thought it would have turned out to be a great sci-fi show. I never thought it would explore the ethics of mass surveillance and artificial intelligences. Its a good example of how powerful an AI can be with access to almost every networked computer, camera, and microphone.

My head canon now is that immediately after the series, The Culture makes contact and Earth gets folded into it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I wish that Logan and William's named had been switched on Westworld, just so Jimmi Simpson could have played a wealthy guy named Logan on both shows.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
A scene or two in season 2 showing the JohnOliverWorld HBO crossover, where you as a guest must travel around a realistic world manipulating and corrupting its politics to the point of driving the host John Oliver insane by making him report on an increasingly bizarre and cruel hellworld of contradictions, and the hosts that fill the world are sentient and live out their lives thinking that you're terribly evil, insane, and self destructive but otherwise human like themselves....wait

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 12, 2018

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Leaked trailer for the season featuring JohnOliverWorld

https://youtu.be/seGgZp-XYdM

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I've been watching PoI based on the recommendations in this thread. I'm at the end of season 3 right now and it's finally gotten pretty good. The biggest issue I have with the show is Root. She's cute as hell but she also looks exactly like that weirdo pharmaceutical CEO guy, the one who jacked up the price of some drug a year or two ago, and the dichotomy melts my brain every time she's onscreen.

Also, plot holes. So many plot holes. Example: the congressman guy on the rules committee - the gang finds out that Decima actually wants him on there and isn't trying to kill him at all and that him being on that committee is bad news. They debate whether to kill him and eventually throw up their hands and say "welp."

Well, Finch literally discovers in the episode that this guy is guilty of insider trading and has a mistress (albeit with his wife's permission). Why not just leak that info to the press? Problem solved.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
I too am on the first time POI train.

I just watched Reese own an entire US Marshall's office and it was so good. :black101:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The different ways they show (and don’t show) Reese just housing roomfuls of dudes in 30 seconds is one of the pillars of the show.

By halfwaythrough season 2 he starts dropping the mask more and more and he does stuff like giggle a little bit or like smirk at one dude who he clobbered particularly bad, he tries not to be but he Adan impress himself.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
My favorite funny Reese moment is when the fake detective (not Reese) was shot in the arm and his work crush asked him about it. Reese tells him not to say it, but fake detective says it was only a scratch and Reese is just exasperated.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bondetamp posted:

Alma Garret and both of Garret Dillahunt's characters are guests. I bet the PR guys had great fun cleaning up after the suicide.

You have me excited thinking they actually cast Dillahunt in Westworld.

Instead he's going to Fear the Walking Dead which has it's one and only great season last year, though the show runner was promptly fired for total hacks so I actually feel bad for him.

TOOT BOOT posted:

It'd be an amusing 5 minute short on the DVDs but that's about it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 14, 2018

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Dave posted:

It would make a lot of sense to have a world that is just not themed, so people could live out illegal fantasies. Makes me think of that scene in Minority Report where the guy wants to live through a dream of killing his boss.

San Andreas World.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So I just did my elevedy billionth rewatch of S1, and I left the last episode on long enough to get past the trailers, purely by accident. And there's a stinger!

:woop:Armistice lives!:woop:

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Wafflecopper posted:

That's basically the first episode of the new Black Mirror season. Except it has a theme. I guess really BM is getting into WW territory. Thanks for reading my post.

Black Mirror World. The main setting is a world where technology is more human than the humans.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

nerdman42 posted:

Black Mirror World. The main setting is a world where technology is more human than the humans.

Relevant to this show, too:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

nerdman42 posted:

Black Mirror World, where for every good vacation there's a half dozen awful vacations that all have the same dumb gimmick.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

To whoever managed to score a ticket for this, you have my undying jealousy

https://nvite.com/sxswestworld/ed54

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Latest season of black mirror had a lot of cross over with WW and blade runner 2049.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Turns out SW really does stand for ShogunWorld and not SamuraiWorld.

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 3, 2018

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I know it will never happen, but I would be insanely happy if there was a JurassicWorld and they used the old school, none CGI dinosaurs that were so terrifying to 5 year old me

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

I know it will never happen, but I would be insanely happy if there was a JurassicWorld and they used the old school, none CGI dinosaurs that were so terrifying to 5 year old me

While there were a lot of practical FX in Jurassic Park, there was a poo poo-ton of CGI dinosaur stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, but the practical effects stood out