Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

precision posted:

I literally don't know a single woman who lets their clothing drape over a toilet, if you're trying to imply I'm some kind of bizarre germ phobe.

Nah, that was more about the puking thing.

Puke and poo poo belong in toilets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PT6A posted:

Spoken like someone who's never had to pick semi-solid bits of their puke out of the sink while hungover!

I assume it's a public sink, therefore, not her problem

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I know this is off topic but seriously, why the hell would you puke in a sink instead of a toilet? You can flush a toilet, that’s the whole point.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I know this is off topic but seriously, why the hell would you puke in a sink instead of a toilet? You can flush a toilet, that’s the whole point.

There's also the splash back factor from puking in a sink.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

harrison ford sits on his transcontinental flight, booked for the express purpose of giving a child rapist a golden statue

an indelible hollywood image

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
On the subject, Quentin Tarantino apologised.
https://www.avclub.com/quentin-tarantino-apologizes-for-his-roman-polanski-com-1822846008

Relevant bit:

quote:

"I want to publicly apologize to Samantha Geimer for my cavalier remarks on “The Howard Stern Show” speculating about her and the crime that was committed against her. Fifteen years later, I realize how wrong I was. Ms. Geimer WAS raped by Roman Polanski. When Howard brought up Polanski, I incorrectly played devil’s advocate in the debate for the sake of being provocative. I didn’t take Ms. Geimer’s feelings into consideration and for that I am truly sorry.

So, Ms. Geimer, I was ignorant, and insensitive, and above all, incorrect.

I am sorry Samantha.

Quentin Tarantino"

It's actually a proper apology, surprisingly enough.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good for him.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yaws posted:

There's also the splash back factor from puking in a sink.

Now think about the splash back from puking in a toilet. This is such a weird derail, I honestly didn't know puking in the sink and then cleaning it up was a step too far

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

precision posted:

Good for him.

Now think about the splash back from puking in a toilet. This is such a weird derail, I honestly didn't know puking in the sink and then cleaning it up was a step too far

As someone who's thrown up in quite a few toilets, you don't get splashback from toilets because you don't puke solid masses.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Snowman_McK posted:

https://www.avclub.com/quentin-tarantino-apologizes-for-his-roman-polanski-com-1822846008

Relevant bit:

That’s real good.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Another article on the Alamo Drafthouse and Tim League, who has somehow skirted by with almost no reprocussions despite harboring multiple predators

https://splinternews.com/alamo-drafthouses-long-history-of-minimizing-sexual-rear end-1822816916

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

precision posted:

Good for him.

I'm a degenerate drunk who has puked in many toilets. Theres generally no splash back provided you hit the water.

This derail owns.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Tars Tarkas posted:

Another article on the Alamo Drafthouse and Tim League, who has somehow skirted by with almost no reprocussions despite harboring multiple predators

https://splinternews.com/alamo-drafthouses-long-history-of-minimizing-sexual-rear end-1822816916

Tim League is clearly a fucker who doesn't like saying no to people but I'm impressed at the accuracy and speed at which Karrie League is able to put her foot all the way in her mouth.

quote:

“The next day, Karrie contacted me,” Lewis says. “She let me know that they felt really bad for him.” The Leagues had a dilemma: The customer lived with a traumatic brain injury, and was one of the chain’s most loyal customers. They knew he seemed to struggle with impulse control. Lewis says she was told that “he pretty much lived his life at the Alamo,” and “if they were to ban him from it, it would just ruin him.”

Instead, she says, Karrie told her they’d decided on a way to handle it: They’d drawn up a document for him to sign, in which he would agree not to do or say inappropriate things to her.

quote:

Lewis wasn’t the only—or even the first—person to ask those questions. In the early 2000s, Jasmine Baker, who’d been a Drafthouse regular and friend to the Leagues since they opened their first theater in Austin, went to Karrie League to tell her about one of the company’s outside partners. “I’m telling them, you have to stop doing business with him. This is abhorrent. You can’t keep doing business with him,” she recalls. Baker told them about a friend of hers, who’d told her that she’d been raped by this man. (Splinter could not confirm the incident, and the woman involved declined to speak with us, so we are not naming either party.)

The incident Baker talked about with Karrie would stay with them for years. More than a decade later, the company’s reputation was under threat for something involving a different person—it was revealed in September 2017 that Tim League had surreptitiously re-hired blogger Devin Faraci months after he’d stepped down as editor-in-chief of the company’s film website, Birth.Movies.Death, amid sexual assault allegations that occurred years before he began working with the company.

Baker and Karrie League met for dinner on September 19 at the Austin restaurant Bonhomie, where they discussed the issues the company was experiencing after the news about Faraci became public, and what might happen if the allegations Baker had told Karrie about when they’d spoken years ago ended up in the next wave of headlines. Baker, suspicious of her friend’s motivation for discussing the issue, recorded the conversation.

It was weeks before the Harvey Weinstein story would dominate the film press with major sexual assault revelations. Reporters at various outlets were interested in what was happening at the Drafthouse and with the company’s Fantastic Fest. The company had continued its relationship with this partner for years after the incident she was told about, and Karrie believed the allegations she’d been made aware of in the early 2000s were going to be made public. She was worried for the future of the festival, which was due to begin two days later.

“I think Fantastic Fest is going to get canceled,” Karrie told Baker at the restaurant.

“You think?” Baker replied.

“It depends on what gets written...There are already a lot of filmmakers that pulled out. A lot of films that pulled out,” Karrie acknowledged, referring to the existing controversy around Faraci. But it was Baker’s friend’s rape allegation from years earlier, and the possibility that it might become public, that most concerned her. “I’m specifically talking about what’s coming out...That is a game changer.”

After Baker had gone to her years ago, Karrie told Baker she sought out more information about the incident that she would describe as a “game changer.”

“I actually spoke to the person to whom it happened and I knew that she was telling the truth,” Karrie acknowledged to Baker, even as she said she was “very ashamed” over the fact that she and her husband had done “nothing” about the person Baker told them about. “The one little piece of non-guilt I can bear with me is that I never disbelieved her.”

That decision seemed to eat at Karrie as she considered the possibility that the allegation she learned about years earlier might become public. “I’m glad that before it comes out, I got my apology in,” Karrie told Baker. “Because to my eternal shame, it never occurred to me from that time to this that I owed her an apology. It never occurred to me how badly I abandoned her.”

She handed Baker her phone, on which she had typed an open letter she had written to the woman, and the community, apologizing for her and her husband’s decisions, that she intended to publish after the story she expected to run came out. “It’s too little, too late,” Karrie admitted. “And it’s a reaction instead of action.”

Ultimately, the story that Karrie feared never emerged. Karrie League never published her open letter. Fantastic Fest went on as planned.

Throughout the conversation, Baker quizzed Karrie on how she—who ran human resources for the company for years—and her husband addressed allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault. Baker brought up a former manager who was reported multiple times, then transferred to another location instead of fired.

“That one was also on me, because I was in charge of HR with no training,” Karrie said, “and I talked to him and he promised that he would do better, and then I would get another complaint, and I’d talk to him again, and he’d promise he would do better, and I got another complaint, and I just gave him too many chances.”

Baker, who worked for the company for a few years in the mid-‘00s, explained that lower-level employees felt expendable, and Karrie agreed. “We had no systems to ensure that people felt comfortable coming to us,” she admitted. Baker asked her about the customer Jill Lewis says had grabbed her in the hallway of the South Lamar theater, with whom Baker had experiences of her own, and asked Karrie if she knew what he did to women in their theaters. “I know that people have had to speak to him very seriously many, many times,” Karrie told her.

quote:

At one point, Karrie questioned if the business model of the Drafthouse itself should be adapted to address the issue. She wondered aloud if the Drafthouse should show movies by filmmakers who had been accused of sexual assault, like Woody Allen or Roman Polanski, as she considered the future of the company. “There’s a part of me that’s like, whoa, well, if we’re forced out [of the company], we don’t even have to deal with any of this anymore. It’s a very small part of me, but you’ve gotta find the silver linings where you can, right?”

quote:

When she met with Jasmine Baker at Bonhomie, Karrie League explained that the outrage over Faraci’s employment with the Drafthouse was a misunderstanding. She acknowledged that the company had made mistakes, but bringing Faraci back into the fold wasn’t one of them. “Everyone was right to be yelling, they were just yelling about the wrong thing,” she explained as she anticipated headlines about the unrelated rape allegation to break. “Tim had permission from the woman [whom he’s alleged to have assaulted]” to re-hire Faraci.

Baker, upon hearing this, expressed surprise, and Karrie began to explain, walking her through their internal thought process that led them to interpret a rather more ambiguous statement as an endorsement of re-hiring Faraci. “It wasn’t like, ‘Yes, you may hire this guy to proofread,’...but he had a long conversation with her and she said it was not her intent to punish him...Tim took that as permission to help him pay for his rehab by letting him proofread our press releases…a couple times a week,” she said to Baker. As she did, she seemed to recognize that “permission” might have been in the eye of the beholder. “He didn’t double-check for the specifics,” she went on to admit, unprompted. “And he probably should have done that.”

quote:

In one of Jasmine Baker’s last interactions with Karrie League, the theater owner texted Baker, asking if she wanted her to pay for her to see a therapist—a suggestion Baker says she found insulting.

quote:

“It’s entirely possible that, you know, we’re just going to start over—with something else—and when we do, we will try to do way better with that next thing, because we have apparently hosed this one all up.”

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So Alamo Drafthouse has been helping out a rapist? That’s really disappointing :(: I’m not a big movie person so I guess my one or two visits a year are being downgraded to none

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im still gonna go. Tim League might own it but as far as I know my Alamo is p nice and may not be full of horrors but who knows.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Yeah, he raped some kids, but he's delightful in Rush Hour 3. Swings and roundabouts.

i checked and holy poo poo its real

gross.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Snowman_McK posted:

Relevant bit:

Quentin Tarantino strikes me as a fuckup and a deeply weird person, but one that recognizes he should be and can be better. Ironically, he was never Jimmie from Pulp Fiction, he's Jules at the very end.

He's a habitual line-stepper, but I'd rather that, followed by an honest apology like the above, rather than Middleditch's whinging drivel about MeToo and TJ Miller.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Tarantino is also exactly the kind of person discussed up thread: his fetishes so transparently influence his film-making, but he has created some masterpieces of cinema, so what can you do but accept maybe we’re all kind of pervs.

The fact there aren’t a littany of accusations leveled at him is pretty surprising but extremely welcome, I looooove his movies

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Has anyone mentioned the #ThatsHarassment videos? They are well produced PSAs, made by Sigal Avin and David Schwimmer and apparently released early 2017 (making them very timely). They are genuinely upsetting, but possibly important.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

Tarantino is also exactly the kind of person discussed up thread: his fetishes so transparently influence his film-making, but he has created some masterpieces of cinema, so what can you do but accept maybe we’re all kind of pervs.

The fact there aren’t a littany of accusations leveled at him is pretty surprising but extremely welcome, I looooove his movies

I'm pretty confident at this point that as weird as Tarantino is, he's not actually abusing anyone. With the litany of Hollywood people being revealed as serial rapists, you know it would have already come out if Tarantino was one of them.

I think he's just a weirdo pervert, but still has morals. And he does have legitimate reasons for doing things like personally choking or spitting on actresses that I'm pretty sure aren't just him living out fantasies.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm pretty confident at this point that as weird as Tarantino is, he's not actually abusing anyone. With the litany of Hollywood people being revealed as serial rapists, you know it would have already come out if Tarantino was one of them.

I think he's just a weirdo pervert, but still has morals. And he does have legitimate reasons for doing things like personally choking or spitting on actresses that I'm pretty sure aren't just him living out fantasies.

On that note, Diane Kruger issues something to say that her name has been brought up a lot with regards to Tarantino and that she never once felt uncomfortable or forced in any way and felt as though she had been treated with complete respect.

Anyway, in much sadder news, Rose McGowan's former agent killed herself and her family put out a fairly scathing statement. Neither Weinstein or McGowan herself comes out well in this. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...er_breakingnews

It seems that she was caught in some crossfire (And if the family are to be believed, McGowan's lies) and sadly it took a toll.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DrVenkman posted:

On that note, Diane Kruger issues something to say that her name has been brought up a lot with regards to Tarantino and that she never once felt uncomfortable or forced in any way and felt as though she had been treated with complete respect.

Anyway, in much sadder news, Rose McGowan's former agent killed herself and her family put out a fairly scathing statement. Neither Weinstein or McGowan herself comes out well in this. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...er_breakingnews

It seems that she was caught in some crossfire (And if the family are to be believed, McGowan's lies) and sadly it took a toll.

Rose McGowan's case is a really awkward one from me, because on the one hand she's one of Harvey Weinstein's personal victims and he's continuing to try and ruin her life, but on the other hand she seems to also be kind of a lunatic herself and keeps torpedoing her own cause.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Rose McGowan is completely unhinged and I'm ready to see her either completely trash a dead person for not doing more or some bullshit, or she'll prop her up as a martyr to the bald lady gone crazy cause. There's no way she handles this well after screaming back and forth at a trans woman in Barnes and Noble.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Howling Man posted:

Rose McGowan is completely unhinged and I'm ready to see her either completely trash a dead person for not doing more or some bullshit, or she'll prop her up as a martyr to the bald lady gone crazy cause. There's no way she handles this well after screaming back and forth at a trans woman in Barnes and Noble.

I don't think she has any coming back from that. Hecklers aren't exactly an uncommon occurrence, but she flew off the handle and turned it into a giant temper tantrum and profanity-laced rant against a woman who's part of a heavily discriminated class. This might be a Michael Richards moment for her.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

chitoryu12 posted:

Rose McGowan's case is a really awkward one from me, because on the one hand she's one of Harvey Weinstein's personal victims and he's continuing to try and ruin her life, but on the other hand she seems to also be kind of a lunatic herself and keeps torpedoing her own cause.

Yeah like I have no doubt about what happened with her and Weinstein, but in the years since either shaky memory takes over or she's outright lying about certain details. While her relationship with Robert Rodriquez didn't end great for either of them, it's easier to believe his version of what happened with PLANET TERROR over hers given that it's largely provable from his side of it.

I understand why McGowan would perhaps misremember or alter her version of events and it's because she worked, albeit indirectly, with the man who raped her. Sure on a movie set you've struck back at the guy who has bad intentions, but once filming is over it doesn't take that pain away. It's not hard to see how that would've messed someone up.

If the family of her agent are telling the truth, it's another instance of McGowan putting everything onto other people. So the story isn't 'I was put in a really lovely position and the only way out was to strike a deal with my attacker' and instead, 'I was sold out by this other woman and was forced into taking a payout'. The end result is the same, but your role in it changes. I think I said it earlier in the thread but McGowan is in a place where she feels the need to be infallible. There can't be any moment of 'well hang on what about this thing you did...' because then there's the belief that her movement will crumble.

This piece actually gets into it pretty well: http://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_a..._medium=twitter

quote:

Said rage makes McGowan an appealing de facto leader of these post-Weinstein times. For many, it feels more manageable to approach this tangle of topics with someone leading the way, someone screaming the loudest and refusing to be polite. McGowan cannot be the leader of #MeToo, because it’s a movement that should not have one dominant leader. For one thing, it would mean that the millions of women whose stories need to be told could never be truly represented. Once a movement has a figurehead, it tends to be defined by their characteristics, and no matter how earnest or skilled the leader, they’ll have their blind spots. They’ll be prone to defensiveness or ego, and it will help nobody, not even that leader. It’s also a staggering amount of emotional and mental labour to place on one pair of shoulders. That will build up and wear you down. No human is constructed to withstand such public and private pain. If that pain causes you to lash out at the most vulnerable people, those whose voices the movement should be amplifying further, how can you be trusted as the leader?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean it's become apparent that the hashtag has shifted from #metoo to #timesup. Away from the victims and onto the victimizers. It's a good move because every one even victims have flaws that can be picked away at but you can't really do the opposite with the men who abuse. You put an accusation out and they can't say "But he's really good with dogs!"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I was with McGowan until she started blasting #MeToo as a corrupt marketing ploy by CAA. Even if it is, it's doing God's work and achieving some results.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

As it turns out, it's possible to be both a courageous victim, and also a complete nut.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 9, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
It's interesting how much people struggle with not being able to sum up an individual into a single binary moral state.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PT6A posted:

As it turns out, it's possible to be both a courageous victim, and also a complete nut.
Same thing with great directors and despicable human beings.

Duality of man and all

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

sponges posted:

I still enjoy his films

Chinatown is so good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is an issue as old as celebrity itself. Everyone you love and respect probably hurt someone deeply at some point. Honestly the discourse regarding not separating the author from their work over the last two pages is like the sanest thing I’ve read since #metoo started

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think she has any coming back from that. Hecklers aren't exactly an uncommon occurrence, but she flew off the handle and turned it into a giant temper tantrum and profanity-laced rant against a woman who's part of a heavily discriminated class. This might be a Michael Richards moment for her.

The Michael Richards moment for her is a great way to sum it up. It's my big point of criticism for people making her into such a poster child for various important issues. She can't even keep her cool in a bookstore for grandparents. I watched her interview on Colbert without knowing that the temper tantrum at the Book Q&A happened RIGHT BEFORE the Colbert taping. She insisted and really strangely added on to Colbert saying something by adding on that she was the first in this MeToo movement and was the reason everything happened. ....OK....

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
This is the horrible thing about a movement like this. It needs a figurehead, but everyone who is able to be a figurehead is pretty likely to be badly damaged. And so we keep wondering why women who've been on the wrong end of sexual assault that went unpunished for years aren't clearheaded public speakers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
And also the power of the figurehead is corruptible. Like weren’t the #MeToo silence breakers from time magazine all black women? Who is Rose McGowan to supersede their impact? And so on and so on

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, I was with McGowan until she started blasting #MeToo as a corrupt marketing ploy by CAA. Even if it is, it's doing God's work and achieving some results.

I don't know, I think at this point it's come screaming off the rails on fire. It's lost it's focus, half the stories now are ridiculously pathetic or mild compared to anything that has come before, etc. It's turned into a "say X is bad and X is ruined the end" bullshit, even if the reasoning is questionable. I cannot nor ever will be able to file "asked to bone, said no, left, no problems after" with "threatened, drug, bully or physical force."

Frankly the fact the Aziz Ansari was the moment it really went completely sideways. A bad date and some lovely game is not rape but somehow #MeToo takes every single level single thing and throws them all in the one-and-only rape pile, black & white with no sense of scale.

#MeToo started good but at this point is a raging dumpster fire the legitimate victims are trapped in with a ton of political bullshit now. Also looking it up it sounds like McGowan was mostly angry with #TimesUp, not #MeToo, which seems like a pretty blatant attempt to get a bunch of dudes off the hook for wearing a stupid pin and donating a few dollars to put out the fires.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 10, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean constantly shoving your fingers in someone's mouth because you saw it in a porn is a step beyond "lovely game".

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Bust Rodd posted:

And also the power of the figurehead is corruptible. Like weren’t the #MeToo silence breakers from time magazine all black women? Who is Rose McGowan to supersede their impact? And so on and so on

Mostly black women, but also Taylor Swift, who is so white she’s clear.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

The thing that really annoys me about the whole "Tarrinitno said WHAT?" thing isn't the fact what he said wasn't wrong on every single level and disgusting - it was (including about the fact the girl wanted it.. if she had been 35 it'd still been rape the way it went down) but the fact everyone's acting like it was just him, or it's some sort of smoking gun.

Well they better buy like a thousand more bullets for that smoking gun because that is literally Hollywood across the board. I even made a thread on GBS about it since I'd love to put together a montage video of everyone from George Clooney to Harrison Ford to Whoopi Goldberg saying exactly what Tarrinitno did, and there were a drop in the bucket. Does nobody remember the HUNDREDS of celebrities coming to his defense when he got arrested in Sweeden?

Literally the only big name I remember saying "gently caress the rest of Hollywood and gently caress Polanski" was Chris Rock.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean constantly shoving your fingers in someone's mouth because you saw it in a porn is a step beyond "lovely game".

No, it's lovely game. You're picturing it like some horror scene where he keeps ripping his hand into her mouth like he's trying to suck out her soul, but come on, there's no way it wasn't just Michael Scott level awkward instead.

Whatever it is, it's not rape. At all. It's not even news worthy. It's "dude has an awful sex move that he deserves to be snickered at for."

ED: And again in his defense terrible finger-mouth move was rewarded with not one, but two blowjobs so yeah. On the upside at least some of the #MeToo players were saying it didn't belong too.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 10, 2018

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Rose, damaged or not, can’t be excused for her transphobic opinions and also should really be aware of someone she has publicly put on blast killing themselves and take some ownership.

Just like the horrible people “defending” themselves as saying it was part of how they grew up, saying she is damaged does not excuse it. Words still matter.

I hate to pick on “outrage culture” as outrage has actually gotten good work done but I have wondered lately- where is a logical end point with this poo poo? Like people use both sides of it. Progressives demanding complete ideological purity for their movements. Men being allies speak up- they are mansplaining, they don’t talk- typical silence from men. Trans men and women being shut out of respective gay/straight groups as they are “different” anyway, gay men continuing horrible patriarchal views in gay rights movements, trans women being told they aren’t victims because they aren’t “real”women by feminist groups.

It just seems that everyone is tainted by something and even if you were some divine being of pure social justice it won’t matter as people so passionately believe one thing or another despite both claiming to be progressive on a movement and still holding completely contrary views.

I guess rose sadly personified that as well. Hypocrite in terms of fighting for justice while being transphobic, and completely attacking anyone who even slightly disagrees or even questions her. Like I get slamming down on people who are anti the movement but why attack people who are at least trying??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

teacup posted:

I guess rose sadly personified that as well. Hypocrite in terms of fighting for justice while being transphobic, and completely attacking anyone who even slightly disagrees or even questions her. Like I get slamming down on people who are anti the movement but why attack people who are at least trying??

You haven't been able to tell Rose MacGowan is a little bugnuts crazy?

I mean I don't think she's wrong about everything and I think probably her encounter with Weinsten helped drive her to this point but.. she is loving nuttier than candy bar poo poo. I feel bad anyone died because crazy has gone up against evil.