Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I rewatched Blade Trinity in preparation for the latest episode. I could have sworn the ending of the film set up Blade as the villain of the next movie but neither the cut I watched or the alternate described in the episode seem to support that. For like the past 13 years I thought it would have been fun to set Blade as the villain since they killed all of the other major vampires, but it turns out I made that whole storyline up. Obviously Blade would turn out to be the good guy by the end but it could have been fun.

I think Snipes sued New Line over this movie and one of his complaints was that they were trying to replace him in his own franchise with Reynolds and Biel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

He does a fantastic Trump though.

That's true. And although his Alex Jones isn't super spot-on, things like INFOWARS DOT POP TART have permanently entered my verbal rolodex because of him.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Eric is the guy in the background that occasionally pops out and just destroys my head with how funny he is.

His German Santa from “an enchanted Christmas” is way up there among my favorite bits. “WE ARE ENZING ZE BLOODLINE NAOW!”

Stephen has the best Alex Jones though.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 9, 2018

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Violator posted:

I rewatched Blade Trinity in preparation for the latest episode. I could have sworn the ending of the film set up Blade as the villain of the next movie but neither the cut I watched or the alternate described in the episode seem to support that. For like the past 13 years I thought it would have been fun to set Blade as the villain since they killed all of the other major vampires, but it turns out I made that whole storyline up. Obviously Blade would turn out to be the good guy by the end but it could have been fun.

I think Snipes sued New Line over this movie and one of his complaints was that they were trying to replace him in his own franchise with Reynolds and Biel?

That sounds like a pretty reasonable thing to worry about, actually.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
To be fair, they were probably trying to do that because he was baked off his rear end 24/7, about to go to prison for tax fraud, and also wouldn't open his eyes.

He just wouldn't.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Trying to replace Wesley Snipes with Ryan Reynolds should be a federal crime far more severe than tax evasion.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Those Blade movies can suck it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Yaws posted:

the first was alright man, minus the 3DO blood golem bullshit

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Yaws posted:

Blade is a legit great movie.

Blade 2 is a fun curiosity.

There are no other Blade projects.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I dunno, people say that but I watched Blade fairly recently and it doesn’t hold up that well. Very 90s in a bad way, and the CGI is Mortal Kombat levels bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Invalid Validation posted:

Mortal Kombat bad.

code:
E R R O R

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Fart City posted:

Blade is a legit great movie.

I loving hate that movie. It's trash that appealed to 16 year olds in 1998. That's it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

precision posted:

code:
E R R O R

I’m talking about the movies if that’s not clear.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yaws posted:

I loving hate that movie. It's trash that appealed to 16 year olds in 1998. That's it.

i guess some motherfuckers always tryin' to ice skate uphill

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

To be fair, they were probably trying to do that because he was baked off his rear end 24/7, about to go to prison for tax fraud, and also wouldn't open his eyes.

He just wouldn't.

Didn’t he at one point just outright refuse to leave his trailer meaning that they had to shoot most of the movie without him?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

AceOfFlames posted:

Didn’t he at one point just outright refuse to leave his trailer meaning that they had to shoot most of the movie without him?

I think a lot of the wide shots are his stunt double. I also recall that he never spoke to the director and only communicated through post-it notes that were all signed blade.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I think he also threatened to beat up the director, so IIRC Goyer went to a bar and paid like a half dozen huge bikers to come to the set to “protect” him. I think it was a big joke because I don’t think they expected Snipes to actually attack him but I think that’s when Snipes refused to come out of his trailer. Sounds like a weird set and it’s wild the movie came out as well as it did all things considered.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Violator posted:

I think he also threatened to beat up the director, so IIRC Goyer went to a bar and paid like a half dozen huge bikers to come to the set to “protect” him. I think it was a big joke because I don’t think they expected Snipes to actually attack him but I think that’s when Snipes refused to come out of his trailer. Sounds like a weird set and it’s wild the movie came out as well as it did all things considered.

It mostly survives on pure charisma from Reynolds. He was told to just make a bunch of jokes, and they'd edit it to include the best ones. Like, it's not a good movie, but it's as good as it is solely due to him.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Trying to replace Wesley Snipes with Ryan Reynolds should be a federal crime far more severe than tax evasion.

Just rewatched Trinity for this week's episode and you are 100% correct. I've never had a problem with Reynolds before, but in this movie he's just unbearable. His terrible opening and closing narration, his non stop quips, his stupid fake beard, it's all the worst. The movie should have just been about Whistler's daughter or maybe not since her being his daughter doesn't play into the story at any point.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

JT Smiley posted:

Just rewatched Trinity for this week's episode and you are 100% correct. I've never had a problem with Reynolds before, but in this movie he's just unbearable. His terrible opening and closing narration, his non stop quips, his stupid fake beard, it's all the worst. The movie should have just been about Whistler's daughter or maybe not since her being his daughter doesn't play into the story at any point.

Without Reynolds, you wouldn't have much of a movie.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

thrawn527 posted:

Without Reynolds, you wouldn't have much of a movie.

Yeah, but the movie's terrible?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

JT Smiley posted:

Yeah, but the movie's terrible?

It wouldn't be made better by more Snipes brooding and Dominic Purcell...I was going to say acting, but no, that's not right.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Blade Trinity is the movie that has a montages that includes a scene of a main character loading up music to her ipod right

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
If I become a billionaire, I will not end poverty or starvation. I will give Eric enough Patreon money to make his Lifetime Original Movie podcast a reality.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Calaveron posted:

Blade Trinity is the movie that has a montages that includes a scene of a main character loading up music to her ipod right

Didn't Daredevil do this too?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Yup. Because when you're in a fight swinging around a weapon that's half as hot as the sun, you want to not be able to hear anything around you.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I can't imagine enjoying Ryan Reynolds quipping but hey, some people like Deadpool, some people also enjoy sounding.
My nightmare movie is like, Diablo Cody, Joss Whedon, and Shane Black creating an ensemble cast of quip-talk white people squad Ryan Reynolds, Emma stone, Juno era Ellen page, Robert Downey jr "we don't talk like human beings the movie" or just "white people: the movie" for short

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That would make a great spoof trailer.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The animation damnation on Spider-Man was fantastic. Peter Parker’s excuses about why he can’t leave the house, wrestlers complaining it isn’t their job to stop crimes, so much good stuff.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Spider-Man:TAS was surprisingly awesome for the amount of bullshit censorship that was crammed down their throats (everyone has laser guns! Even in WORLD WAR II). I do agree with WHM that they overdid it with the ridiculously long story arcs though.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

AceOfFlames posted:

Spider-Man:TAS was surprisingly awesome for the amount of bullshit censorship that was crammed down their throats (everyone has laser guns! Even in WORLD WAR II). I do agree with WHM that they overdid it with the ridiculously long story arcs though.

Yeah I liked it at the time, and looking back it was surprising the network aired the super long story arcs in the correct order. So if you were committed to watching for months it was fair about the payoff.

I recently went through the run of Superman the animated series and dang that show holds up great. Clancy Brown Luthor and Gilbert Gottfried Gilbert Gottfried are a treat.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I did watch a few episodes of the X-Men animated series, and man does that have no value whatsoever if you weren't marketed into liking it back in the day

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I did watch a few episodes of the X-Men animated series, and man does that have no value whatsoever if you weren't marketed into liking it back in the day

It had its moments, mostly in the form of Apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Yaws posted:

Apparently 16 year olds in 1998 have good opinions and you don't :-/

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
According to Chris Cabin's Twitter, he is reading Jim Belushi's "advice book" (Real Men Don't Apologize!: According to Jim) for the show. What they plan to glean from it, I have no idea.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Captain Hotbutt posted:

According to Chris Cabin's Twitter, he is reading Jim Belushi's "advice book" (Real Men Don't Apologize!: According to Jim) for the show. What they plan to glean from it, I have no idea.

I’d guess at least two separate sausage sandwich recipes.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I knew there was a bunch of Jesus stuff in MoS but having him be 33 years old is just stupidly obvious.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Captain Hotbutt posted:

he's already a Fat Ghost, what more does Belushi have to teach him

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Late to Eric chat but my favourite moment of his has got to be in the Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode when one of the other guys mentions that the Easter Bunny is also voiced by Frank Welker and he just lets out this guttural cry of despair, it loving kills me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Lemon posted:

Late to Eric chat but my favourite moment of his has got to be in the Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode when one of the other guys mentions that the Easter Bunny is also voiced by Frank Welker and he just lets out this guttural cry of despair, it loving kills me every time.

In the latest AD, they talk about the voice of "Meanwhile in the HAAAAALL of Justice" in the cartoon. They are like "Who does that voice?" and the first response was Frank Welker. Because of course it would have been.