Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jackie D posted:

I can't believe management is killing off something the fans like

I'm taking it with a grain of salt because they put him at 10 at the Rumble 2 years ago, and had him at 10 this year even though he was attacked backstage.

But it totally wouldn't surprise me either. This is the same company that told Wade Barrett to say "I've got some bad news" then had him stop saying it because the crowd popped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If this is true WWE is loving petty as poo poo and I hate it more and more every day

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
People wouldn't chant if the product wasn't a loving slog to get through.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WWE saddling someone with a poo poo gimmick and the wrestler going full ham and getting it over instead thus pissing WWE off is way too drat common. Idiots.

e: Just of the top of my head - Bad News Barrett, Tye, Fandango, Breeze (to a lesser extent with Fashion Cops), Rusev (although not given a bad gimmick), Heath Slater free agent...

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 9, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm surprised they haven't turned on Rusev yet for getting over again

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dango Bango posted:

WWE saddling someone with a poo poo gimmick and the wrestler going full ham and getting it over instead thus pissing WWE off is way too drat common. Idiots.

Assuming its true, it must be even more frustrating for Tye Dillinger because he's much older and dealt with WWE ten years ago as Shawn Spears and didn't pan out there well at all.

Now he's got a gimmick that's over and they're allegedly trying to kill it. He must feel like he can't win.

DeathChicken posted:

Give it time my friend.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

fart blood posted:

This is the same company that told Wade Barrett to say "I've got some bad news" then had him stop saying it because the crowd popped.

My favorite part of that was almost immediately afterwards they gave him a new "push" as the Authority's head enforcer, which in practice meant that Triple H got to say "I'm afraid I've got some bad news" in a bad accent and then Barrett would go and lose a match.

And then I think his shoulder exploded like three weeks later.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Any Bad News Barrett reference is a good excuse to repost this all-time classic segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYP1Y93xsbE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/961997928972849152

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/962001984801902595

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel bad for her and all but thank god

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At least we got Tamina vs Nia Jax at Survivor Series.

And unironically, if this is the end for her at least she managed to push through the pain enough to get into the Rumble.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

People wouldn't chant if the product wasn't a loving slog to get through.

to be fair, if they liked it and were having fun they'd chant more but we've ended up in a world where people enjoying the show and the product is actually worse for the bottom line because capitalism has failed us all

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DeathChicken posted:

I feel like they actually like Rusev right now, he gets put into way too matches and segments for them to not like him.

I mean compare that to the Fashion Police who were mostly regulated to skits and not having any matches for months on TV, granted they are where they probably should be in the tag division.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tye Dillinger is pretty much already at his ceiling so there's no real mystery to him not being on TV much. It's not like we see Curt Hawkins every week.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The 10 chants during the ref counts still crack me up because the ref count is one of the dumbest things in pro rassling. I like it more now knowing wwe hates it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Problem with SDL is that the main stories are all drawn-out, tired versions of stuff we had a year+ ago.

Shane mad at Styles for 2 months -> Shane mad at KO for 6 months
KO teams with former adversary who's now an an amusingly annoying heel (Jericho) -> KO teams with former adversary who's now an amusingly annoying heel (Zayn)
Charlotte's excellence besmirched by a gang of harmless stooges (the Welcoming Committee) -> Charlotte's excellence besmirched by a gang of harmless stooges (Riottt Squadd)
Becky loses -> Becky loses

Assuming Nak's motivated, Nakamura/Styles for the belt will be awesome, of course...but there's been like zero build. Before the Rumble, Nakamura was 6th banana in that Shane/KO/Bryan/Zayn storyline coming off losing the feud to honkin' Jinder. Styles and Nakamura had a mid-match showdown way back at MITB, but then went their own ways. The "I'm going to beat you at WrestleMania" stuff is cute but that's all they've given us.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

Tye Dillinger is pretty much already at his ceiling so there's no real mystery to him not being on TV much. It's not like we see Curt Hawkins every week.

I think Tye's ceiling is closer to permanent midcarder, not pure jobber who shows up sometimes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel like they actually like Rusev right now, he gets put into way too matches and segments for them to not like him.

I mean compare that to the Fashion Police who were mostly regulated to skits and not having any matches for months on TV, granted they are where they probably should be in the tag division.

Yeah I figured Rusev was just like, backburner de-pushed instead of being actively buried

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hawkins is on TV like all the time on Main Event.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

achillesforever6 posted:

They didn’t put him at No. 1 in the Rumble for no reason.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I like how Tye's finisher is just one of AJ's regular moves

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He changed it now, it's like an F5 knee.

Edit: But swinging them around the back instead of the front.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 9, 2018

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

piss tape israel posted:

I like how Tye's finisher is just one of AJ's regular moves
He actually changed it recently, same setup but he swings them around does kind of an RKO onto his knee

e: ha

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Shows you how much I've been keeping up recently :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stop saying good wrestlers are where they should be when they're either jobbing all the time or not on TV! Goddamn!

Tye Dillinger isn't like, fuckin' Kevin Owens good or anything, but he's a really solid midcard babyface guy who can at least be on TV every week and win a match sometimes and be in the picture for midcard titles. And Tyler Breeze and Fandango are both loving awesome!

Breezango getting over with the Fashion Files was such a monkey's paw because now people know how funny they are but people still don't know how great they are in the ring and it makes me sad. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tye is like a B movie Roode. He's totally unnecessary.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wrestling sucks

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Aphrodite posted:

Tye is like a B movie Roode. He's totally unnecessary.

if you put me in a room and there were two capsules rigged to shoot into outer space, and inside the two capsules were tye dillinger and bobby roode, i would shoot bobby roode into space before you even told me i had to choose one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

if you put me in a room and there were two capsules rigged to shoot into outer space, and inside the two capsules were tye dillinger and bobby roode, i would shoot bobby roode into space before you even told me i had to choose one

That's cold dude he has three kids.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't think you could give the Glorious song to Tye and have him get as over with it as Roode did

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Give it to Rusev and change lyrics from GLORIOUS to RUSEV DAY

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DeathChicken posted:

I don't think you could give the Glorious song to Tye and have him get as over with it as Roode did

yeah instead of having a great theme song written for him they gave him a piece of poster board with the number 10 on it. and he got the piece of poster board over.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"glorious" never would have been written if it was actually for bobby roode. the song written for him would just be a fart guitar chugging along down the road

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They gave that one to Samoa Joe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This is the song written for Bobby roode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLk6GYx_gtE

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Dango Bango posted:

Rusev (although not given a bad gimmick),

Rusev has survived this cycle at least three times, the man is a charisma god

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
If wwe kills what we love...then we must embrace road dogg. Love him. Chant for him. Get him over.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Hawkins is on TV like all the time on Main Event.

I haven’t seen him actually wrestle in years. Possibly when he was attached to Edge. How is he skill wise? I miss seeing Heath Slater wrestle. He’s my favourite jobber.

I regularly watch NXT (not on wwe network) and occasionally watch Raw but just can’t last more than YouTube clips with Smackdown. It’s Shane. I thought it was both Jinder and Shane but when I see or hear Shane I turn it off. That was the original definition of X-PAC heat back in the day. Used to like the guy but watching him insert himself into every angle has gone beyond frustrating. At least HHH was a top tier wrestler back in the day, regardless of what you thought of him. It’s like if Steph inserted herself in every aspect/angle and the announcers acted like she was the second coming of Benoit in the ring. Drives me bonkers.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Gonz posted:

Jason Kelce, center for the Eagles, just cut the damndest promo i’ve ever seen at any championship parade.

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/961699919105998848

I know this is from yesterday but all I can think is “and so says the wizard.”

drat, he ran that through his coked out soul.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hawkins is actually really good, but he's obviously not allowed to do anything while having the gimmick of Super Barry Horowitz

• Locked thread