Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Thief posted:

i used to drive the sandman a lot because it has some gamebreaking engine swap options. more imporantly, it has one of the best liveries in the history of Forza - a splattered Ghostbusters replica :iia:

also @Elmnt80 i uploaded a stock engine drift setup for the BRZ in Forza 7 - all weight reduction and the suspension is setup to comedy option extremes so you can stack HP on as you see fit until it becomes unwieldy. just search "StockEngineDrift" or tunes by BreakSet

if anyone wants I can reinstall Horizon 3 and upload tunes for specific cars. after playing the game inside out, most active goons just ended up doing drift zone scoreboard sniping or speed zones so we had a poo poo ton of builds from practically every manufacturer in the game

I'm still playing FH3, haven't picked up 7 yet. And thanks for the offer, but I'm good. One of the things I really enjoy in this game is trying to tune something just so for the way I want it to handle/drive. I still wanna get some people to try some time attack stuff if they're down.

Also, down to only 2 unowned HE cars. The ram runner and the modern mini. I could have bought a damned pacerx for the amount I've spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
yeah the the thing i love about forza is how there are cookie cutter builds but you can also just do practically anything you want and make it work with the way you like to drive

horizon 3 didnt see much time attack stuff at launch but i havent checked since 7 came out

mostly the community was split between drift zones, speed cameras and those speed zones that calculate the average. unfortunately the speed camera ones are pretty much a single car that people have found to be best but the others have a lot more wiggle room for taking your own weird snowflake cars into and doing well with. the guy that ruled the global drift boards for a while drove a Ford Transit Van lmao

Deeters posted:

Does Forza 7 still throw cars and money at you like 3 and 4 did? The other PC sims definitely don't have the car variety of Forza, and I miss being able to drive semi-casually around a track.

i have had zero issue getting all of my favorite cars through casual play with the standard edition. the game pays you everytime you drive even if you're doing solo tune testing

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I'm flogging Forza Horizon3/hotwheels digital d/l in SAmart right now if anybody wants it.

Because gently caress hotwheels. Matchbox was the superior diecast.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I've been trying to learn the Nurburgring in GT Sport by using the Gr.3 C7.r with no traction control. I still haven't gotten a sub-7 minute lap yet, but my best is 7:03 so I'm close.

Also what's up with the tourist layout? The clock doesn't stop before the ticket gate, and you can't bypass it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
What's the deal with GT Sport where another player rear ends or pits me and MY sportsmanship rating decreases? Pretty infuriating.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Dunno about GT but iRacing operates on a mostly-no-fault mentality as well. SR is as much a measure of how well you can avoid dickheads as it is a measure of how much of a dickheads you are. You can protest anything egregious (like Scott Speed :lol: ) but even then they probably won't give you that 4x back. If you're truly a clean driver overall then it will average out quickly anyway.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
FH3 haver
GT is uberingram

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Holy poo poo those look *exactly* like the ones in the game. Someone is a fan. Weren’t there Top Gear car packs for earlier Forzas? I know there was at least one Jalopnik DLC with oddball cars.
I love that they have stuff that no sane person would consider a race, performance, or exotic car. But you can hop them up and drive the balls off them.
I now have an 800 HP ‘48 Ford woody that looks stock, if you don’t catch that it’s lowered with wide tires, and the OEM steelies are somehow 19”. I never even drove it stock.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 5, 2018

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

lmao god damnit

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I just started playing FH3 and the start is just stupid. Yeah yeah they let you drive all the cool cars for a second to show you whats coming and then they dump you in a mediocre car to start you off. So far so normal. Then they give you an SUV as the next free car...yeah thats what im playing this game for... driving around in a loving range rover...
Oh sorry its not an SUV its a "Sports Utility Hero"!!

Thankfully they dump like 20 free cars on you within the first two hours so you can do whatever.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Shai-Hulud posted:

I just started playing FH3 and the start is just stupid. Yeah yeah they let you drive all the cool cars for a second to show you whats coming and then they dump you in a mediocre car to start you off. So far so normal. Then they give you an SUV as the next free car...yeah thats what im playing this game for... driving around in a loving range rover...
Oh sorry its not an SUV its a "Sports Utility Hero"!!

Thankfully they dump like 20 free cars on you within the first two hours so you can do whatever.

You got a Range Rover? I got an X6, or, well, chose an X6. I don't remember what my other choices were. Also, I started off with a classic NSX, a 350Z, and an Audi R10 because I played previous games.The NSX is easy to drive stock. You'll start getting cars from spins o' the wheel, and race rewards, then buy them. There's some at a sale price every time you upgrade an event, and Turn 10 will gift you cars every week. Then you start getting cars from Barn Finds, so yeah, you'll get plenty.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
You can choose between the range Rover, the x6, the lambo Urus and I think a Jeep Cherokee? All cars I just couldn't give less of a gently caress about.
I also don't get cars from spins. Just credits...always credits...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Shai-Hulud posted:

You can choose between the range Rover, the x6, the lambo Urus and I think a Jeep Cherokee? All cars I just couldn't give less of a gently caress about.

Probably the Grand Cherokee SRT8. I picked the X6 because it was highest class/number, I think.

It took a while for me to get a car from a spin.
One of the cars I got is a Rolls Royce, though. Haven’t driven it yet.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Shai-Hulud posted:

Just wait. You'll wind up getting some absolute jewels as you go.

:haw:

Actually, I did end up turning it into an A800 AWD rally car, and it's hilarious because of how zippy it is.

By the way, :siren: FORZATHON ENDS THE 9TH. One of the prizes is a Boss 302 Horizon Edition, all you have to do to get it is win a single race in a Ford :siren:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

T1g4h posted:

Actually, I did end up turning it into an A800 AWD rally car, and it's hilarious because of how zippy it is.

By the way, :siren: FORZATHON ENDS THE 9TH. One of the prizes is a Boss 302 Horizon Edition, all you have to do to get it is win a single race in a Ford :siren:

Keeping up with the Forzathons between FH3 and FM7 is a pain, but I do like how easy some of the challenges are. I've gone back to FM so I guess I need fire Horizon back up.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

don't forget to use the john wick skin i made when using that car to 3 star every drift zone so i get 2k credits

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
So as someone who just started playing...Whats Forzathon?
I only see an option called Forzathon on the menu that only says that no offers are available to me if i click it. Do i need to be a certain level or beat the "story" or something?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

they're basically just timed achievements and if you do the tasks you get a reward wbich is usually a rare-ish car

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Thief posted:

they're basically just timed achievements and if you do the tasks you get a reward wbich is usually a rare-ish car

Expanding a bit: FH3 is usually cars, money, or spins. Sometimes they'll run sales on certain car classes, too (off-road, classic muscle, etc.) They're not currently running any sales so that's probably what you're looking at. If you check it from the regular pause menu while you're driving, you should see the 'goals' or 'achievements' there.

In FM7 it's usually cars or driver suits. Apparently I need to do a little drifting to get the Stratos. Anybody know how to bring up the drift point counter in FM7?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I am in love with GT sport right now, though it may be just because I've never played Forza.

Been using that C7.r to memorize the ring and some others, and lo and behold the 7th tier of the challenges are all about passing people on sections of the ring in a gt3 car of your choice! I binged that poo poo in an hour last after that 30 lap endurance race in the Porsche.

The very last challenge is a 4 lap ring race in any gt3 car too...

Whats everyones favorite ring corner?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Apparently I need to do a little drifting to get the Stratos. Anybody know how to bring up the drift point counter in FM7?

setup a free race and under the gamemode just cycle over past circuit race and drag and all that and eventually you should see a drift option

set it to like 2 or 3 minutes or whatever a slow lap takes

drifting zones are usually in or near where the braking assist line shows up

spinning out, collisions and going off the track cancel your score for that current drift/combo. you can cheese more points by chaining drifts together to keep the combo active but forzathon is generally forgiving and will only require you to properly drift like 1/3rd of the turns on a track - if that

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Whats everyones favorite ring corner?

I can't pick one corner, but my favorite section is pretty much everything from Karussell to Dottinger-Hohe. Doubly so when in a tiny car like the Skip Barber.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Thief posted:

setup a free race and under the gamemode just cycle over past circuit race and drag and all that and eventually you should see a drift option

set it to like 2 or 3 minutes or whatever a slow lap takes

drifting zones are usually in or near where the braking assist line shows up

spinning out, collisions and going off the track cancel your score for that current drift/combo. you can cheese more points by chaining drifts together to keep the combo active but forzathon is generally forgiving and will only require you to properly drift like 1/3rd of the turns on a track - if that

Right on, thanks. I think the goal is 10k points on a lap.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I can't pick one corner, but my favorite section is pretty much everything from Karussell to Dottinger-Hohe. Doubly so when in a tiny car like the Skip Barber.

I am absolute garbage at that section but I can see how it would feel awesome to get it right

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's especially fun in iRacing in the Skippy because it is just endless throttle-controlled angle adjustments, and it's all in the lower gears anyway so it doesn't feel gutless (as opposed to all of the draft-fest tracks that the Skippy regulars insist on packing into every season).

It probably helps that the hillclimb before it is so absurdly long in that car. You actually start slowing down at the top even at WOT. Plenty of time to relax / be annoyed at how little power the car has.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

T1g4h posted:

I won the Fiesta last weekend!
Thanks for the heads up on the Boss 302. Pretty sure I have a Ford around here somewhere... Oh, look! A Fiesta!

Thief posted:

don't forget to use the john wick skin i made when using that car to 3 star every drift zone so i get 2k credits

Which car, the Boss?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Expanding a bit: FH3 is usually cars, money, or spins. Sometimes they'll run sales on certain car classes, too (off-road, classic muscle, etc.) They're not currently running any sales so that's probably what you're looking at. If you check it from the regular pause menu while you're driving, you should see the 'goals' or 'achievements' there.

In FM7 it's usually cars or driver suits. Apparently I need to do a little drifting to get the Stratos. Anybody know how to bring up the drift point counter in FM7?
I'm really annoyed I missed the last one. Could have gotten a Halo Warthog for bouncing around in the bush (30 Kangaroo achievements - I do that just taking cross-country shortcuts).

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Darchangel posted:

I'm really annoyed I missed the last one. Could have gotten a Halo Warthog for bouncing around in the bush (30 Kangaroo achievements - I do that just taking cross-country shortcuts).

Don't fret, the Warthog is coming up again soon-ish. I was looking at a list of upcoming Forzathons on the Forza wiki, it's going to be a reward again later on down the line.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Don't fret, the Warthog is coming up again soon-ish. I was looking at a list of upcoming Forzathons on the Forza wiki, it's going to be a reward again later on down the line.

Cool. Someone did a Bucket List Challenge with the Warthog, and it was fangs of fun bashing around the outback with it.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Warthog

fangs of fun

Tusks of fun?

I decided to pick up FH3 to play on PC, don't own an XBone. Xbox live seems to be having issues, I just downloaded the game and the game refuses to start, probably having issues verifying my purchase or something.

Anyway, after I get it working, my id is b0xen.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Picked up fm7. They finally made muscle cars not handle like poo poo. :dance:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Got the Stratos! Took the Gymkhana around Bernie's to get the drift points. I still suck at drifting but I think I'm getting better. I can't not counter-steer into it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

Picked up fm7. They finally made muscle cars not handle like poo poo. :dance:

yeah they're good in multiplayer too because people can't push your heavy rear end off the road

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Does anyone have the Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition? Is it worth $99?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I just have the package for the game and car pass. i think ultimate comes with the 2 dlc's? I do eventually want to play the blizzard mountain one but i'll wait for a specific sale of it.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

The digital edition is $45 on the Microsoft store (if you have gold) for four more days. At that price, you could buy a month of live to get that price and still come out ahead.

It's digital so you won't have a physical disc, though. I just bought it and I can't play it because apparently Live has been hosed for downloading purchases since last Friday. At least, I hope that's my issue (I downloaded the demo and it played fine).

If you buy it on the microsoft store, you can play it on PC and on XBone, no need to get it twice. I think you can do the same if you get a physical disc for the XBone and register the game to your account or whatever, though.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

'Murica. :clint:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i think if you buy the base version, enjoy it and still want to okay hotwheels and/or blizzard mountain it ends up costing about the same iirc?

h3 is pretty forgiving in dlc cars to just let you buy one for $2 or whatever instead of getting entire packs

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I just figured out that entire games are downloaded onto the Xbone even if you have a disc for a game. So that means 500gb on an Xbone S will only get me so far, like 4 or 5 games before I have to buy an external drive or something. Also, for my 10 year old son to have his own profile he has to have an email address and registered account. What the gently caress.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know if FH3 profits from being installed on an SSD? I don't really care about a couple seconds of loading but what about FPS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it might help you when you are cruising around real fast and you start loading distant areas in quick succession

that was one of the main things i had to turn down at launch to keep the game running smooth at all

• Locked thread