Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do we know yet whether it's a Constantine two-parter or if they're calling his appearance at the end of the last episode his first part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Do we know yet whether it's a Constantine two-parter or if they're calling his appearance at the end of the last episode his first part?

I seem to recall them saying a two-episode story, but then they also hinted it might not be. I'm just guessing it's a two-parter because they're coming back on Episode 11 this year, and then Wally debuts in Episode 13, so it would make sense if Constantine was 3x11 and 3x12 and then Wally shows up in 3x13 so as not to crowd out Constantine's arc or have a one episode lull between them.

But who knows what's gonna happen.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

That lighting makes him look like a grizzled Archie.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I'd rather have Constantine join.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Man, Jody Whittaker's looking pretty rough

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

:same:

Their main enemy is a wizard with magic super powers with his daughter who has magic super powers and a water witch.

They have an air bender and someone who can take on attributes of animals. And a guy in a suit who can shrink and another guy who can turn into metal and one lady real good at fighting. And someone with a gun that shoots fire. And, for now, someone with a gun that shoots ice.

The bad guys can force choke them from a block away at this point.

The Legends know zero about magic or how to deal with it or protect themselves from it. Sara's already been nearly killed once. I mean, Constantine has pissed off so many demons and devils that they fight each other over who's going to get to kill him first. They'd attack Damien Darhk (Darhk? Dhark? Darkh?) out of spite.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Aleph Null posted:

:same:

Their main enemy is a wizard with magic super powers with his daughter who has magic super powers and a water witch.

They have an air bender and someone who can take on attributes of animals. And a guy in a suit who can shrink and another guy who can turn into metal and one lady real good at fighting. And someone with a gun that shoots fire. And, for now, someone with a gun that shoots ice.

The bad guys can force choke them from a block away at this point.

The Legends know zero about magic or how to deal with it or protect themselves from it. Sara's already been nearly killed once. I mean, Constantine has pissed off so many demons and devils that they fight each other over who's going to get to kill him first. They'd attack Damien Darhk (Darhk? Dhark? Darkh?) out of spite.

The Speedforce is stronger than magic.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just saw this movie with John Hawkes and Robert Forster called Small Town Crime and Caity Lotz (White Canary) has a bit part in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WakqZghIX_g

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

Same but then again, we all know what happens to friends of Constantine...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

The Speedforce is stronger than magic.

Wally gonna beat Dahrk in the first five minutes of his first episode :haw:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Per Matt Letscher

quote:

[Working on Legends of Tomorrow] was a lot of fun; I had a great time with those guys. And you can tell they’re having fun, too. It was definitely one of those sets that was really easy to work on, everybody was such a pro. …We pitched – multiple times, we pitched – a half-hour sitcom version of Legion of Doom to the powers that be at CW. Nobody’s bitten yet, but I still think there’s a possibility.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Past tense used, that means Legends is done, or did he just leave the show?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I mean Thawne's storyline on legends came to a pretty firm conclusion last season

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Preview for the next batch of episodes beginning on Monday: https://youtu.be/GBaFqHWtDQE

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Past tense used, that means Legends is done, or did he just leave the show?

Letscher’s a regular on Narcos now, so barring the occasional schedule-permitting guest spot he’s kind of done with the Arrowverse for the time being.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Letscher’s a regular on Narcos now, so barring the occasional schedule-permitting guest spot he’s kind of done with the Arrowverse for the time being.

and now we know why he was Cavanaugh in Crisis on Earth X.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nodosaur posted:

and now we know why he was Cavanaugh in Crisis on Earth X.

Yeah, I didn't realize that but it explains that odd choice. Sad.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, it's perfectly in character for Thawne, and he does just as well with the character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, yeah, I'm perfectly willing to accept that Thawne just put on Wells' face to be an rear end in a top hat but it still seemed like an odd casting choice without the knowledge that Letscher just wasn't available.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was just happy to see him again, I dunno. I loved Lescher's Thawne, but Wells-Thawne is still very much my favorite incarnation of the character.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I seem to recall reading that it wasn't a question of availability as much as it was they just like Eobard Wells and we'd just gotten a whole season of Thawne on Legends last year so why not let Cavanagh ham it up a little?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I see. That makes sense then. I mean, the guy's right there all the time anyway.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
About 6 or 7 years ago, I was going through some old photo albums with my mother.

There were a bunch of photos from my baptism at some Romanian Orthodox Catholic church in Michigan.

Me: “Who were those people?”

Mom: “Oh, those were your godparents. They were old friends with your grandma and grandpa at church.”

Me: “What were their names?”

Mom: “Carol and John.”

Me: “Carol and John who?”

Mom: “Carol and John Constantine.”

Me: :stare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I have never been attacked by demons in my life. I’d like to think that’s not a coincidence.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

About 6 or 7 years ago, I was going through some old photo albums with my mother.

There were a bunch of photos from my baptism at some Romanian Orthodox Catholic church in Michigan.

Me: “Who were those people?”

Mom: “Oh, those were your godparents. They were old friends with your grandma and grandpa at church.”

Me: “What were their names?”

Mom: “Carol and John.”

Me: “Carol and John who?”

Mom: “Carol and John Constantine.”

Me: :stare:

Constantine married Carol Ferris?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gonz posted:

I have never been attacked by demons in my life. I’d like to think that’s not a coincidence.

Related to Constantine? Nah, you'd be dead by now.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh please, I was seducing you.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I hope Constantine finds a light before the episode ends.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

See?

Time Bisexual

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
But thanks for the shag too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So long Snart

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:flame: "WATER BITCH STAYS IN THE FREEZER!"

Oh Mick.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

nine-gear crow posted:

:flame: "WATER BITCH STAYS IN THE FREEZER!"

Oh Mick.

I will fight anyone who says Mick isn’t the best on this show. Also dear sweet Jesus someone go throat punch a CW exec to make Constantine a permanent member of the crew.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Haha the gang taking the possessed girl to Jitters.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ruddiger posted:

Haha the gang taking the possessed girl to Jitters.

Also that's incredibly lovely of a local news station to show footage of a man literally being murdered on daytime television. Like stabbed through the chest and everything. I hope someone got fired for that call.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The trailer for next week seemed a bit glitchy, hope they fix that.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
idk, Constantine felt a bit wasted in the episode (like I seriously felt they spent more time with Jonah Hex when that character was brought on for an episode or two) and then the write-off of Snart seemed rushed and just kinda there. Just seemed like kind of a weak episode after coming back from a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Also that's incredibly lovely of a local news station to show footage of a man literally being murdered on daytime television. Like stabbed through the chest and everything. I hope someone got fired for that call.

It's okay, nobody liked that guy.