Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Cavauro posted:

This is the song written for Bobby roode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLk6GYx_gtE

Wasn’t that Daniel Bryan’s original song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

mclast posted:

Rusev has survived this cycle at least three times, the man is a charisma god

My theory is that they keep trying that thing where they de-push Rusev to 'test him', except he keeps getting the de-pushes over so now he's stuck in a cycle.

It's a fish. Take the fish.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So basically he's Mark Henry, except they don't even have the justification of trying to get him out of a ten million dollar contract, they're just dickheads

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Ya know what annoys me?

Whenever someone tells a wrestler on twitter that they are being misused or booked terribly, they always shoot back that they bought a new house or their bank account is much bigger now or something.

And hey I'm thrilled they're getting paid. (And yeah, fans on twitter are mad annoying sometimes.) But jeez, have you no pride in your craft or your long-term stock in the eyes of the casual fan? Yeah you're getting paid now but your stock is in the shitter and that's a prime recipe for a future endeavor.

I mean, jeez.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fart blood posted:

Ya know what annoys me?

Whenever someone tells a wrestler on twitter that they are being misused or booked terribly, they always shoot back that they bought a new house or their bank account is much bigger now or something.

And hey I'm thrilled they're getting paid. (And yeah, fans on twitter are mad annoying sometimes.) But jeez, have you no pride in your craft or your long-term stock in the eyes of the casual fan? Yeah you're getting paid now but your stock is in the shitter and that's a prime recipe for a future endeavor.

I mean, jeez.

Believe it or not, a lot of people work because they want to make money and take care of their family. If they're in WWE, there's a 99% chance that is why they signed there in the first place.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also anyone who uses the word 'booked' is automatically not a casual fan.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

dsriggs posted:

Any Bad News Barrett reference is a good excuse to repost this all-time classic segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYP1Y93xsbE

Man, Lawler is the loving worst.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Curt Hawins was once in the semi-main event of a PPV with Brock Lesnar on it, he's obviously a top level talent.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Thirdly any wrestler who cares enough about how they are used to actually do something about it in the last 30+ years is treated by the same fans who complain about how someone is booked as a horrible rear end in a top hat, so risking your job that is making you good money to satisfy people who will hate you for doing so is an incredibly stupid move.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

fart blood posted:

Ya know what annoys me?

I mean, jeez.

Maybe they know what's more important. Put ca$$$h money in one hand, put your stock in the eyes of the casual fan in the other, then see which hand fills up with tangible actually existing objects first.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Thirdly any wrestler who cares enough about how they are used to actually do something about it in the last 30+ years is treated by the same fans who complain about how someone is booked as a horrible rear end in a top hat, so risking your job that is making you good money to satisfy people who will hate you for doing so is an incredibly stupid move.

But by that logic, Punk shouldn't have complained to Vince that he had to job to Rock, Cena, Taker, and Lesnar in rapid succession. But he did.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fart blood posted:

But by that logic, Punk shouldn't have complained to Vince that he had to job to Rock, Cena, Taker, and Lesnar in rapid succession. But he did.

Given how many of Punk's fans turned on him since he left the wrestling business, I fail to see how this is an argument against what I said.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also there is a massive difference between complaining behind the scenes and complaining publicly (i.e. agreeing with randos on twitter). Public complaining is a Dolph Ziggler move. Privating complaining is what Actual Successful Wrestlers did.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Also there is a massive difference between complaining behind the scenes and complaining publicly (i.e. agreeing with randos on twitter). Public complaining is a Dolph Ziggler move. Privating complaining is what Actual Successful Wrestlers did.

Oh I agree you should definitely privately complain as opposed to vocally agreeing with fans on twitter! I am not clearly stating my point.

My point is: the line they say publicly about how they bought a house or your bank account is bigger now isn't really fooling anyone. And, given how many vets talk about how the young guys today don't talk to Vince, it's safe to say they are towing a line publicly to look like they're fine, but in reality they aren't privately complaining like they should, and thus they're gonna be stuck in permanent jobber status.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Rusev does "throwing shade at your employer on Twitter" right. Case in point:

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/956627356843692032

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fart blood posted:

Oh I agree you should definitely privately complain as opposed to vocally agreeing with fans on twitter! I am not clearly stating my point.

My point is: the line they say publicly about how they bought a house or your bank account is bigger now isn't really fooling anyone. And, given how many vets talk about how the young guys today don't talk to Vince, it's safe to say they are towing a line publicly to look like they're fine, but in reality they aren't privately complaining like they should, and thus they're gonna be stuck in permanent jobber status.

Oh, well that's another thing entirely. Yeah if you're not happy you should talk to Vince, but if anywhere on the list of reasons you do it is "Person on Twitter" then you're doomed from the start.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

fart blood posted:

Ya know what annoys me?

I mean, jeez.

They should just ignore that stuff, there is no response that'll make you look good.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel bad for her and all but thank god

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm shocked they haven't tried to kill the Rusev day chants yet.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm a little annoyed they're not encouraging the one fall chant after the ring announcer anymore, always thought that was pretty neat.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm a little annoyed they're not encouraging the one fall chant after the ring announcer anymore, always thought that was pretty neat.

According to Meltzer, Vince hates it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They stopped pausing in NXT as well.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Sounds like Vince hates all crowd reactions which is unfortunate because an excited crowd is so much better than a quiet one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The indies are where you work when you care about your craft. WWE is your retirement fund.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The one fall chant is good but that two count thing is the dirt loving worst

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

Sounds like Vince hates all crowd reactions which is unfortunate because an excited crowd is so much better than a quiet one.

This made me think of Vince taking over NJPW to get the crowd he wants.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rusev was hosed over unfairly after he proposed to Lana but he started doing such amazing poo poo (like taking the TVs and saying he was the TV Champ) up until now. He's so great in the ring and I'd love to see Rusev versus Nakamura in a psuedo strong-style brawl for the belt down the line.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Wasn’t that Daniel Bryan’s original song?

No, that was a sped up version of Crash Holly's theme.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm shocked that the company that turned Daniel Bryan heel at the peak of his popularity, then tried to transfer the Yes chant to Big Show would do such a thing as this.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Dango Bango posted:

This made me think of Vince taking over NJPW to get the crowd he wants.

Imagine the push Kitamura would get.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

JayMax posted:

Imagine the push Kitamura would get.

He’ll still get it. Kind of shocked he hasn’t been poached yet

bartok
May 10, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I think Tye's ceiling is closer to permanent midcarder, not pure jobber who shows up sometimes

Tye should have Ziggler's spot and Ziggler should just gently caress off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dromal phrenia posted:

Vince loves crowd reactions, but he wants them to happen when he wants, as he wants, for the reason he wants.

His strategy in the past when this didn't happen was to adjust what he was doing till they matched. Now he just does what he wants anyway and pretends that the crowd has reacted the way he wanted them to.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Benne posted:

I heard the reason for this is that AJ wrestles the dark main events to send the crowd home happy (and/or get them to sit through 205), so they save using him on the actual show. Probably bullshit, but it makes a little sense, unlike most of Smackdown these days.

They do this but they also like preventing face wrestlers who have the world title from wrestling on the weekly show a lot. Largely because booking for whatever reason tends to call for the champ to lose dirty.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when they muted the boos for Roman for a year and went so far as to edit some dude's reaction to Jericho winning the US Title off of him, then just gave up and started going "LISTEN TO THE REACTION WHETHER YOU LOVE OR HATE HIM YOU'RE REACTING"

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
At least they correctly made the call to just let him get booed. Pretending he’s getting cheered made the whole situation worse.

Roman is pretty good now.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

not surprised a place where you nap is named Roman Reigns

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I hope there's a big dog suite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Croc posted:

I hope there's a big dog suite.

Ironically, no pets allowed.

• Locked thread