Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Again from windhorst

Atlanta had multiple offers for bellinelli that were contingent on Tyreke. Philadelphia had offers for both with bellinelli being the fallback . Memphis was fielding calls up until the deadline telling teams they were about to pull the trigger.

Lmao.

Chris Wallace may be the worst GM in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Chris Wallace may be the worst GM in the league

I'm wondering how much of it is ownership.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Was Vince Carter really the big baby quitter stupid stupid bad bad that he was characterized as while in Toronto? I was too young and not well versed in the NBA when all that was going on

Yes. gently caress Vince Carter and bring Belinelli home, imo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm wondering how much of it is ownership.

Ok so if they want to resign him :
1. They are way over the cap
2. They don't have his bird rights
3. They best they can do is the non taxpayer mid level
4. They can be outbid by a lot

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/960937056062115840
Rough to not get to play in a contract year. Hope the Mavs resign him.

that's the same bullshit steph curry pulled that lead to this current madness >:[

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

euphronius posted:

Ok so if they want to resign him :
1. They are way over the cap
2. They don't have his bird rights
3. They best they can do is the non taxpayer mid level
4. They can be outbid by a lot

I stand by what I said. Memphis ownership is weird and quietly dysfunctional.

God knows how much real power Pera has anymore, but he is exactly the type of guy who would hang on to assets and not rebuild.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't know any in the league who has to get owner approval to flip an expiring BENCH PLAYER for some 2nd rounders .

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

EvanTH posted:

that's the same bullshit steph curry pulled that lead to this current madness >:[

sprain your way to greatness

also evan i just randomly thought of this last night but how are lin only fans taking the fact that he's now definitely second to Spencer Dinwiddie Jr.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 10, 2018

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

I don't know any in the league who has to get owner approval to flip an expiring BENCH PLAYER for some 2nd rounders .

I know you're talking about Tyreke, but I'm referring to that and the Gasol stuff that's come in out in the last two days.

Their ownership situation is super super weird right now. Kaplan and Straus enacted their buy clause and Pera maybe/probably can buy them out because the economy has buoyed his company. But now the stock market is crashing and who the gently caress knows.

I'm not discounting incompetence on the part of Wallace, but I think it's a bit more complicated.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

lost in all the trade insanity, everyone's forgetting that Jimmy's playing his first game in Chicago tonight, he's going to go for 50.

Why is the start time 8:30 for a game between two CST teams? Don't they know some of us are old and go to bed at 10pm?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I know you're talking about Tyreke, but I'm referring to that and the Gasol stuff that's come in out in the last two days.

Their ownership situation is super super weird right now. Kaplan and Straus enacted their buy clause and Pera maybe/probably can buy them out because the economy has buoyed his company. But now the stock market is crashing and who the gently caress knows.

I'm not discounting incompetence on the part of Wallace, but I think it's a bit more complicated.

As far as the Tyreke thing goes, they benched him for a week and told him he'd be traded, so it sure points to a GM being completely stubborn/unrealistic about the market versus an owner wanting to hang onto pieces. I've heard the ownership is a total mess though, you're right about that

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Wow Grizzles are definitely the reincarnation of 90s basketball, right down to the cognitively dissonant, cowboy GM
You beat the Spurs you get the curse.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

well yeah toronto doesnt deserve him and can never win anything until they reconcile with the sins of their past

Applies equally to minnesota and ticket

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

scuz posted:

Applies equally to minnesota and ticket

im not going to defend minnesota in anything, just like they would want

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/962127685962084359

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/962131053954547714

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Is he still considered a good defender? Because that's a nice pickup for them if so.

I'd be completely fine with the Rockets winning the title this year, if it can't be the Raptors (it almost assuredly won't be)

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is he still considered a good defender? Because that's a nice pickup for them if so.

I'd be completely fine with the Rockets winning the title this year, if it can't be the Raptors (it almost assuredly won't be)

if nothing else he seems better than tarik black and gives houston some cover if capela or nene have any injury issues (which is fairly likely, in Nene's case)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

im not going to defend minnesota in anything, just like they would want

:iceburn:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I was gonna say Tarik Black seemed to have fallen out of rotation but he just dunked the ball, maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

Better use of a roster spot than Bobby Buckets anyway.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

also evan i just randomly thought of this last night but how are lin only fans taking the fact that he's now definitely second to Spencer Dinwiddie Jr.

ooo thank you for the question

1 not as poorly as D'Angelo is taking to probably being third behind Dinwiddie then Lin ha ha

2 Brooklyn and Philadelphia are currently warring for the United States' Smarkest Crowd Title, either is liable to watch a flick, illin' and root for the villian, huh, cheer for the bad guy and refuse to support a Good Guy if he's bland as sand. Lin Only fans are like Tim Tebow fans and I don't think they're a huge part of a Barclay's Center crowd, who are mostly excited about Obvious Superstar Jarrett Allen

3 apparently Cavs offered Brooklyn a first for Dinwiddie before the deadline lol

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm rooting for Russell but not being able to break past 20mins on the Nets in his third year isn't looking too good. Maybe he really doesn't have LEADERSHIP mentality

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jimmy's going to put up 60 in all 48 minutes and then he will die while thibs yells at him to box out

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

hmm check this concept out:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they should make pat riley dress like colin ferrell in the miami vice remake

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/962146215537401857

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

they should make pat riley dress like colin ferrell in the miami vice remake

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EvanTH posted:

hmm check this concept out:

I'm phone posting :negative:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/962146984122515461

cool, i think

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

I'm rooting for Russell but not being able to break past 20mins on the Nets in his third year isn't looking too good. Maybe he really doesn't have LEADERSHIP mentality

D'Angelo was great early in the season but he got injured mid-november and couldn't play again until mid january and he clearly hasn't got his feet back yet, while Dinwiddie's just way too good. Russell can't hit anything his past few games and his defense has been bad but he's still doing stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3QwjOdCAk
so that's fun

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Plus he just sucks off the bench for some reason

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

iospace posted:

I'm phone posting :negative:

hah nooo the resize was secondary to the design improvements look again

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

jimmy's going to put up 60 in all 48 minutes and then he will die while thibs yells at him to box out

KAT and Wiggins will get double-doubles in assists and rebounds, Belly hits 7 threes, Taj gets a poster, and Teague is good for 12 points.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

now that jae crowder is gone The Cavs Are Back

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kyle Korver put up 30 in one game in 2018

What a world

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EvanTH posted:

hah nooo the resize was secondary to the design improvements look again

Oh I know you cleaned it up.

Then again I would have no idea how to do that on my computer so.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Clint Capela 23/25reb.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Still thinking about the odds of finding one person who doesn't know how to play tic tac toe and another one so bad at it they extend the game when they have three in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Still thinking about the odds of finding one person who doesn't know how to play tic tac toe and another one so bad at it they extend the game when they have three in a row

It's really an amazing video

A relic of our times

• Locked thread