Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
This thread needs gas.

Most educational game in past decade, probable GOTY 2018 and dumb people are calling devs nazis
gas
gas it all

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

corn in the bible posted:

I'm always curious about awful jank, as you all may know, but I ain't dropping 60 bucks on anything made by a white supremacist and also I'm broke.

(If you buy it for me I will record myself doing whatever you want)

all the stuff i have seen hasnt seemed that janky. my worry is the controls. apparently its plays alot like for honor but with more complex plus you have stamina. but they also seem to be going for the Old style classless RPG stuff where you can just talk your way out of stuff or sneak or become literate. i mean you dont have to kill anyone at all. and also a achievement if you stay a virgin the entire game.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 10, 2018

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

the character design in this game is pretty bad compared to other historical games like dynasty warriors

I love all those ugly mugs. I have the highest exspectations for the medieval dress up part.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Woohoo posted:

This thread needs gas.

Most educational game in past decate, probable GOTY 2018 and dumb people are calling devs nazis
gas
gas it all

what sucks is the guy is kinda a conservative shithead who said stupid poo poo in anger/heat of the moment. i mean id love it to be GOTY somehow because 1. a passion project thats been being built for like 6 years ended up good and 2. polygon catching on fire with rage.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
lol if anyone actually reads polygon

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Reading Dan Vavra's blogs from the very beginning and generally following the development of KCD, It's apparent that the game's meant to be anti-skyrim and take all good from the Witcher 3 (while leave bad parts out, as little as there was).

Like keeping landscape realistic - long flat land instead of monster den/dungeon behind every superhigh mountain and 1 minute of travel, meaningful distances between settlements, etc. Hero being just a cog in the machine, not rags-to-riches-to-god type as in GTA or Elder Scrolls.

Generally, such approach would put any game in "hardcore" and "noncasual" section, think of ArmA or whatever where you drive APC 30 minutes to conflict point just to die instantly by hitting a mine.

Which can't be a bad thing at slightest, especially since it looks like they really tried to keep their promise. Sure, there's no children in game. And no crossbows. But adding stuff like crossbows would mean you could easily get 1-hit killed even in plate armor and what fun is that? Adding children would make SJW trash moan even louder. And landscape is still compressed - who'd like to travel 60 minutes in real time to reach next village - although it's much more realistic than any other game.

Now, gaming journalism, as it calls itself, can gas itself. We're 3 days from release and there's still not a beep on major sites. Probably Warhorse Studios didn't pay them or whatever hosed up system controls media those days.
In the end, they missed the release of GOTY 2018. This is what I truly hope. Because KCD looks like a game I've dreamed of to play ever since my childhood.

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 10, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
who the gently caress wants to poop in a game when its like the most boring part of real life unless you have a nintendo switch

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
In Bethesda's Defence, I did always feel like I am traveling when I rode through the roads in the woodland Skyrim, due to how windy and circling they were made. It was a feat of its own, kind of like GTA San Andreas had the distance between cities be ridiculously short, yet made to feel way longer.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
have you maybe considered that declaring a game goty in february, before it even comes out, isn't making you look any more sane

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Woohoo posted:

Reading Dan Vavra's blogs from the very beginning and generally following the development of KCD, It's apparent that the game's meant to be anti-skyrim and take all good from the Witcher 3 (while leave bad parts out, as little as there was).

Like keeping landscape realistic - long flat land instead of monster den/dungeon behind every superhigh mountain and 1 minute of travel, meaningful distances between settlements, etc. Hero being just a cog in the machine, not rags-to-riches-to-god type as in GTA or Elder Scrolls.

Generally, such approach would put any game in "hardcore" and "noncasual" section, think of ArmA or whatever where you drive APC 30 minutes to conflict point just to die instantly by hitting a mine.

Which can't be a bad thing at slightest, especially since it looks like they really tried to keep their promise. Sure, there's no children in game. And no crossbows. But adding stuff like crossbows would mean you could easily get 1-hit killed even in plate armor and what fun is that? And landscape is still compressed - who'd like to travel 60 minutes in real time to reach next village - although it's much more realistic than any other game.

Now, gaming journalism, as it calls itself, can gas itself. We're 3 days from release and there's still not a beep on major sites. Probably Warhorse Studios didn't pay them or whatever hosed up system controls media those days.
In the end, they missed the release of GOTY 2018.

it looks interesting. worst comes to worst i can either give it to a friend who would like it or sell it to a store for 30 bucks. my guess is it will get some solid reviews from various places but there will be a bunch of angry think pieces and tweets from various shitheads. then they will go back to making GBS threads on far cry 5 for ruining their hopes and dreams.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Doorknob Slobber posted:

who the gently caress wants to poop in a game when its like the most boring part of real life unless you have a nintendo switch

its the highlight of my day

also diversity to gamers is black people and a female lead

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Most educational game in past decade,

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man I really learned a lot from The Game Where You Can Hit People With A Sword And Also Poop

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Historical characters, historical story, quite historic architecture and landscape compiled from satellite maps, helped by historic maps and a live historian
What did I miss?

Zelda/Mario and JRPG folk should just be banned from this bread

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Let's just discuss pooping until tuesday.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Zelda/Mario and JRPG folk should just be banned from this bread

Mods?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Woohoo posted:

This thread needs gas.

Most educational game in past decade, probable GOTY 2018 and dumb people are calling devs nazis
gas
gas it all

its not the most educational game in the past decade. also the dev is not a nazi, sure, but he is a white supremacist, that's pretty easy to find out. if you aint care then you aint care yo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.trueachievements.com/n31386/kingdom-come-deliverance-achievement-list-revealed

some goon worthy achievements.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Everything I Know I Learned From Pooping Simulator 2K18

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'd love for it to be cool and teach people about the medieval period, that'd be awesome. That's a cool period and worth talking about! I think it's possible for something to be historically accurate and also made by a bad person though?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I'd love for it to be cool and teach people about the medieval period, that'd be awesome. That's a cool period and worth talking about! I think it's possible for something to be historically accurate and also made by a bad person though?

the rest of the team seems fine. if the game poo poo, its poo poo. if its good, awesome.

destitute
May 1, 2002
It's about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward.
Nap Ghost
The most amusing part of this thread is definitely the Eastern European racist and his pseudo parachute account that has the same opinion but just can’t find the shift key. I was not surprised by either of their rap sheets.

Props to PabloGigant, Skoll, and the rest of the thread for focusing on what’s important: poop.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
This game looks fun and I hope I have fun playing it.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

but he is a white supremacist, that's pretty easy to find out. if you aint care then you aint care yo

Even if he was, how does it affect the game? It's made by 100+ people for starters and if lead producer is a radical type, it'll just testify to the passion put into it. The actors doing the characters already are pretty good.
Game's meant to be as historically accurate as it can, so there's surely no hidden pictures of Hitler in monastery or whatever.... and if there was, it just adds to meme value

Beethoven was deaf. Surely no one would let a deaf guy play piano on their concert or compose music if they didn't know about him much aside the fact. But in the end, how glad we are that he could and did

From what I gather, Dan Vavra's rebellious and consistent nature was what made that game happen in the first place - AAA publishers asked some MMO poo poo on IPad and whatever for their support and he sent them all to hell, went on Kickstarter and in the end, made the game he wanted to make.

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 10, 2018

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Beethoven went deaf. He wasn't always deaf. By the time he lost his hearing he was already quite legendary in Austria and Germany and elsewhere.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what really the dev is a white supremacist? That should be in the OP and on every page so no one pays for this poop simulator

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
No, he's loving not. That's a dumb meme started by some idiot. There's some interesting blog entries from lead designer. Speaks about race issue too.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/author/DanielVavra/950130/

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Woohoo posted:

No, he's loving not. That's a dumb meme started by some idiot. There's some interesting blog entries from lead designer. Speaks about race issue too.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/author/DanielVavra/950130/

quote:

“Diversity is a good thing.” At the present time there seems to be a general consensus on that, although it’s a claim that’s difficult to prove, especially since it’s not entirely clear what diversity is, actually.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
So you're the "some idiot".
Care to elaborate your quote?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

For example, the argument we hear very often these days is that Western games are not diverse enough or that there are not enough women as playable characters. When you look at the games released today, you will find that it’s simply not true at all.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
he's kind of a lovely writer, probably would do well writing for bloomberg

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its ok though brietbart wrote an article defending him so hes ok in my book

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
He wrote the game. Shh, I really hope it's good

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I was going to stay out of this but WooHoo is completely wrong

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1xE_jJCQAEXC2K.png

https://new2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Meet_4ee983_5302332.png

But I don't think the guy's a nazi like some folks said here. He's just kind of an rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: nevermind, he's outright promoted alt-right/neonazi groups on twitter
https://i.imgur.com/R9EpBgg.png (might not want to open that one at work)

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 10, 2018

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
it's really weird hearing people talk about a place 600 years ago as "my culture" as if it's some static thing that never changes

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mokinokaro posted:

I was going to stay out of this but WooHoo is completely wrong

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1xE_jJCQAEXC2K.png

https://new2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Meet_4ee983_5302332.png

But I don't think the guy's a nazi like some folks said here. He's just kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Haha I have to make these images because they're hilarious.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

He's just kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Spot on. And what do you have to be to make a game that gets us out of modern EA/Ubi overpriced bullshit trend circle and make a truly memorable, out-of-the-comfort-zone non-regenerating-health-etc game?
That's what I'm hoping for.
And also that I'm not very, very wrong.

I don't get "he's rayciss" argument at all. Sure, you wouldn't want a weird friend like that or whatever, but we're talking about a product. Let's say guy who invented french fries was racist as gently caress. Would you stop eating them?
And if you did, aren't you a retard? (A: yes). Fries are tasty and by eating them, you, at least, are taking the best out of bad situation.

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 10, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Woohoo posted:

Spot on. And what do you have to be to make a game that gets us out of modern EA/Ubi overpriced bullshit trend circle and make a truly memorable, out-of-the-comfort-zone non-regenerating-health-etc game?

So he's neonazi-sympathizing Chris Roberts, in your opinion.

Edit: /\ the difference is the guy who invented French fries isn't getting money from every sale that might end up in the pockets of hate groups and French fries aren't possibly spreading his racist views.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 10, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only neonazis can save us from Ubisoft is the spiciest hot take I've seen all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Woohoo posted:

Even if he was, how does it affect the game? It's made by 100+ people for starters and if lead producer is a radical type, it'll just testify to the passion put into it.
lmao

Yes, his shithead views will not have affected this game he made, other than by imbuing it with extra passion.