Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Skoll posted:

Beethoven went deaf. He wasn't always deaf. By the time he lost his hearing he was already quite legendary in Austria and Germany and elsewhere.

beethoven would bite a metal rod to "hear" the notes while he played the piano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
smh henry is both a massive loser and an altright dumbass

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Aardark posted:

lmao

Yes, his shithead views will not have affected this game he made, other than by imbuing it with extra passion.

They surely have if that's the case. But nationalism is not a "shithead view". Nationalism is (blind) love for your country and heritage. Which in that case he'd research exceptionally thoroughly and made as little compromises as possible.
And this is a game about history of very well defined place and time so :colbert:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Think this will be good on PS4? Or just get it for PC?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Woohoo posted:

They surely have if that's the case. But nationalism is not a "shithead view". Nationalism is love for you country and heritage. Which in that case he'd research exceptionally thoroughly and made as little compromises as possible.
And this is a game about history so :colbert:

Hoo boy...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Spot on. And what do you have to be to make a game that gets us out of modern EA/Ubi overpriced bullshit trend circle and make a truly memorable, out-of-the-comfort-zone non-regenerating-health-etc game?
That's what I'm hoping for.
And also that I'm not very, very wrong.

I don't get "he's rayciss" argument at all. Sure, you wouldn't want a weird friend like that or whatever, but we're talking about a product. Let's say guy who invented french fries was racist as gently caress. Would you stop eating them?
And if you did, aren't you a retard? (A: yes). Fries are tasty and by eating them, you, at least, are taking the best out of bad situation.

Regenerating health is a dying mechanic. Where have you been

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Joke's on you, I just like triggering SA SJWs (how did they get here, this place was making fun of human garbage like this decade ago)
Taking that probation with pride :dealwithit:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

They surely have if that's the case. But nationalism is not a "shithead view". Nationalism is (blind) love for your country and heritage. Which in that case he'd research exceptionally thoroughly and made as little compromises as possible.
And this is a game about history of very well defined place and time so :colbert:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Joke's on you, I just like triggering SA SJWs (how did they get here, this place was making fun of human garbage like this decade ago)

Christ

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Gonna own so many libs when I preorder this and take a BIG poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Newsflash: We’re all soyboys here. Get with the times, grandpa.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
So, can this thread go 10 pages before :gas: ?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lets out a boisterous kek whilst I poo poo in-game and in real life

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
To answer the question of whether the developer's views influence the game:

In the prologue, the camera zooms in on the protagonist's father slapping the protagonist's mother's rear end.

Also in the prologue, the camera zooms in on a girl's rear end as she walks away from the protagonist

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Asses and poo seem to be recurring themes of Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

Asses and poo seem to be recurring themes of Kingdom Come: Deliverance

It's right there in the title.

"Deliverance" also, of course, refers to the 1972 classic starring Jon Voight and Burt Reynolds.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As a 30 year old white male, all I really give a poo poo about is if the game is good and fun.

It's me, I'm the problem.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
entitled

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

this game looks bad, and I usually really like lovely eurojank

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'll actually be kind of disappointed if the poo mechanic isn't real

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Game even has a MGTOW reward hell yeah.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I sincerely hope those were ripped without retyping because they misspelled "Anorexia"

And a MGTOW game would absolutely be this, because Kings and Real Men

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 10, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

entitled

En-shite-led

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I think I'll just enjoy the game even with one of the devs being alt-right

that is if it's not janky trash like ELEX

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
So far, it looks like Skyrim with finest mods dropped on.

Combat stays still questionable, it wasn't very enjoyable in beta. But beta was extremely laggy mess anyway.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Hi, as an actual person with historical knowledge, yes there would be brown and black people all up in Bohemia, including bumfuck nowhere parts of Bohemia in the loving 1400's.

200 years after the Crusades, yes there will be brown people all over the place. Bohemia was the loving trading center of most of the HRE, and even in bumfuck nowhere Bohemia you'd have a lot of turnover.

This isn't even getting INTO the poo poo that was the Classical Era, Alexandrian/Roman migrations/colonization, the settling/migration of many African tribes, mercenary movements, Carthaginian turnover into Spain, Berbers and Moors, etc etc.

Like I think America is something like 30% African American/5% Middle Eastern and you see a pretty decently chunk of both groups. Medieval Europe would probably be closer to 5%/5% or maaaaybe 10%/5%, but that's still a pretty hefty chunk. If you went to a major city or even just wandered around long enough you'd see someone of a darker complexion, even if it was just a trader or a mercenary.

The idea that people would die of fright if they saw someone of a dark complexion and that they'd call over the local law enforcement is silly.

Like talking the nationalism/painting Bohemia right angle, this game does Bohemia a massive disservice by painting it as a shithole country, unlike what it was, which was a center of trade and knowledge. This instead informs the opinion of people that the Medieval Ages were exactly what Hollywood tells us, and not what they were actually like.

Also getting into weapon talk/historical accuracy, nothing I've seen so far of the gameplay reads historically accurate. Swords are for thrusting, you would almost never slash with a sword. This was the age of pike and crossbow, turning into the age of gun. You'd really start to see guns showing up among the nobility, and basically everyone would be given a spear/pike or a crossbow. This was the deathknell of "knights" ( even though knights are rarely what we envision them as ), because any rando fucker can pick up a spear/pike or use a crossbow and kill them pretty easily. It's the age when we started seeing real actual militaries again, built up off the backs of the lower classes. The idea of a dude wandering around the countryside with a sword and a shield picking fights with other people is kind of silly. The idea of a large scale battle built around lots of guys using sword and shields still in 1402 is downright wrong.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

frajaq posted:

I think I'll just enjoy the game even with one of the devs being alt-right

that is if it's not janky trash like ELEX

Lol I liked elex. Im gonna buy this game too. I like lovely games.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Like I'm totally okay with the game having tons of acceptable breaks from reality, because they make the game much more fun. If they said that they were going to make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare just more deadly and open world then I'd be all over that poo poo in a second. It's just weird that they went through so much effort to make a grognard game and totally hosed it up.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rookersh posted:

Hi, as an actual person with historical knowledge, yes there would be brown and black people all up in Bohemia, including bumfuck nowhere parts of Bohemia in the loving 1400's.

200 years after the Crusades, yes there will be brown people all over the place. Bohemia was the loving trading center of most of the HRE, and even in bumfuck nowhere Bohemia you'd have a lot of turnover.

This isn't even getting INTO the poo poo that was the Classical Era, Alexandrian/Roman migrations/colonization, the settling/migration of many African tribes, mercenary movements, Carthaginian turnover into Spain, Berbers and Moors, etc etc.

Like I think America is something like 30% African American/5% Middle Eastern and you see a pretty decently chunk of both groups. Medieval Europe would probably be closer to 5%/5% or maaaaybe 10%/5%, but that's still a pretty hefty chunk. If you went to a major city or even just wandered around long enough you'd see someone of a darker complexion, even if it was just a trader or a mercenary.

The idea that people would die of fright if they saw someone of a dark complexion and that they'd call over the local law enforcement is silly.

Like talking the nationalism/painting Bohemia right angle, this game does Bohemia a massive disservice by painting it as a shithole country, unlike what it was, which was a center of trade and knowledge. This instead informs the opinion of people that the Medieval Ages were exactly what Hollywood tells us, and not what they were actually like.

Also getting into weapon talk/historical accuracy, nothing I've seen so far of the gameplay reads historically accurate. Swords are for thrusting, you would almost never slash with a sword. This was the age of pike and crossbow, turning into the age of gun. You'd really start to see guns showing up among the nobility, and basically everyone would be given a spear/pike or a crossbow. This was the deathknell of "knights" ( even though knights are rarely what we envision them as ), because any rando fucker can pick up a spear/pike or use a crossbow and kill them pretty easily. It's the age when we started seeing real actual militaries again, built up off the backs of the lower classes. The idea of a dude wandering around the countryside with a sword and a shield picking fights with other people is kind of silly. The idea of a large scale battle built around lots of guys using sword and shields still in 1402 is downright wrong.

Actually they're about 13% of the population here but otherwise spot on.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Popete posted:

Think this will be good on PS4? Or just get it for PC?

I remember the AI guy posted about how hard it was to get the AI to work properly on consoles and how much he hated working on them. so it'll probably be unoptimized for them and run like rear end.

e: probably will run badly on PC too but consoles, no way jose

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Woohoo posted:

Taking that probation with pride :dealwithit:

yeah 2005 something awful would never have made fun of a big fat guy who loves to wear armor and larp because of his "heritage" lmao

there's no way anyone on early something awful would have mocked a guy who made a game where you can poo poo anywhere and be a gay prostitute. there's just no way. only the sjws could mock such a man.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 10, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I hope they make a Switch version so I can poop while I poop.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Rookersh posted:

are you sure you aren't thinking of 1502. agincourt was 1415

barkbell fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 10, 2018

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the op seems like a decent guy so i feel bad about what happened to the thread

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

the character design in this game is pretty bad compared to other historical games like dynasty warriors

this but unironicly

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cuntman.net posted:

this but unironicly

i want to love those games, but i can never get into them. they are fun but they get repetive fast. i'll probaly pick up 9 though.

cuntman.net posted:

the op seems like a decent guy so i feel bad about what happened to the thread

yeah, it sucks. the game genuinly looks interesting and the gameplay/walkthroughs make it look fun. its just everything else.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

KyloWinter posted:

are you sure you aren't thinking of 1502. agincourt was 1415

Western Europe and Central/Eastern Europe developed quite differently. You generally saw a lot more cavalry/nobility at play in England/France which led to a greater degree of people using 2H weapons/Sword and Shield style fights. You also saw a much slower growth of crossbow use, and near no pike use for quite some time ( the French really struggled to adopt Pike for a variety of reasons. Namely feudalism. You give the average man the ability to kill trained fighters with ease and you gain strength over your enemies, but you also give him more power then he had which the French did not want! ).

By the early Hussite Wars ( 20 or so years after the game ) Bohemian armies were set. They were built around a Pavise line wielding Pikes, and you had Crossbowmen backing them up. They also made heavy use of cannons and other heavy guns. We have a number of historical examples even into the late 1300's of this being the Bohemian setup for war. Advance under Pavise, have your Crossbowmen spread out and use the Pavise line as cover, then bait them into your Pike through a mix of Crossbow fire and cannonade.

So watching the BIG BATTLE for this game being a bunch of dudes 1v1ing each other with swords and shields, not a single Pavise or Crossbow in sight is a little ahistorical let's say.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Goddamn you people sucked poo poo from a butt all day in here.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
ive only seen the trailer so i dunno if there are big battles or what but you would definitely have swords that cut employed in non military fashion. the only fighting in the trailer was fighting some bandits, tournament fighting, etc. langes messer and longsword should still be popular in the hre and the rapier hadnt developed yet.

e: watching it again i guess there are some cinema shots of the armies so i dunno what this game is about i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

KyloWinter posted:

ive only seen the trailer so i dunno if there are big battles or what but you would definitely have swords that cut employed in non military fashion. the only fighting in the trailer was fighting some bandits, tournament fighting, etc. langes messer and longsword should still be popular in the hre and the rapier hadnt developed yet.

e: watching it again i guess there are some cinema shots of the armies so i dunno what this game is about i guess

so far from what i have seen, the army shot is only in the very beginning when the hungarians/cuman raid and lay siege to your town and you get the gently caress out, possibly with your gf