Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

The same company fired him multiple times from transferred positions but let him back to the previous one where he was successful enough to get promoted, then let him transferred a third time and got fired again? I want to work for three-strikes company, goddamn.

no you don't because they apparently don't fire real loving lovely idiots for like two goddamn years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Sure but that initial 10-15 pounds that pretty much anyone loses as soon as they start trying isn't the alarming/surprising thing. Keeping it happening at that same rate for months on end is.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Candiru posted:

Sure but that initial 10-15 pounds that pretty much anyone loses as soon as they start trying isn't the alarming/surprising thing. Keeping it happening at that same rate for months on end is.

When I went low carb I lost 120 lbs in a year.

Gained 60 back since then tho.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Captain Candiru posted:

Yeah, I know that once you're in full-swing anorexia you actually can't hardly eat anything. I was doing nothing but drinking diet coke and eating shirataki noodles (with salt!) and you still stop losing weight, somehow. Or the rate goes way, way down. Your metabolism craps out and your body stops feeling your brain and itself so you're woozy and you sleep like 20 hours at a go.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

Yeah, I know that once you're in full-swing anorexia you actually can't hardly eat anything. I was doing nothing but drinking diet coke and eating shirataki noodles (with salt!) and you still stop losing weight, somehow. Or the rate goes way, way down. Your metabolism craps out and your body stops feeling your brain and itself so you're woozy and you sleep like 20 hours at a go.

I’m going to the kitchen to eat a slice of pizza right now because gotdamn woman!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lonely Virgil posted:

Reposting since OP was a coward and deleted.

how do you even come back from that? you can’t. that’s an omega-tier thermonuclear self-own

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

how do you even come back from that? you can’t. that’s an omega-tier thermonuclear self-own

You take it to your grave, that's how.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

I take it back, this is the saddest thing you’ve ever said in the ‘I feel bad for Pick’ sense.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Sounds like his kid rules and he just needs to let this go.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Definitely a good attempt! Might not be one to admit, though.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I Was The Fury posted:

My [30 F] husband [31 M] continuously gets fired from jobs and I'm beginning to become resentful
I spent most of this story wondering what she did for work because it sounds like she was always just hanging out at home during this cycle,

not surprised to find out she doesn't work at all.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

That's what the coke is for

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

quote:

Tax advice for my sister please?

Well that doesn't sound very interesting

quote:

My little sister worked at a small restaurant in a very small town. They paid her under the table, and refused to take any taxes out of her checks.

Weird. Maybe the IRS is coming after her or something, that would suck.

quote:

Today, they called her up and presented her with this:

Ooh, I wonder what it is? Legal documents?

quote:

:hmbol: holy poo poo

link because this could go some exciting places

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

COMRADES posted:

That's what the coke is for

You do nooot wanna mix Marfans and cocaine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Ferret King posted:

Sounds like his kid rules and he just needs to let this go.

I know right, sounds like he's actually good at and enjoys being Chinese. Just let him have it, not like there hasn't necessarily been immigration and plenty of cultural exchange anyway.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Yeah this is true but perhaps a few low grade psychedelics? Marfans is a connective tissue / heart thing yeah?

You are prolly thin anyway though?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

When's the next ticker tuneup?

E: Also goes for the other Marfans' haver in the thread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

think of it as a built-in len bias

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Lonely Virgil posted:

That expat dude who wanted to beat up a lady, didn't because he was punked out by her husband and his friend group is all white guys with Korean wives that clearly hate each other, but have to pretend to be friends was one of the most pathetic things I've seen itt.

It really is. White expats in asian countries seem to be almost nothing but bottom feeding scum

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pick posted:

Is meth cool, or has Crystal Hands Man lied to me all this time?

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Jeza posted:

Since I was beaten to the lowest hanging put down joke, what is up with biting people anyway? Honestly, it's so weird. People that want to get physical and start biting. Why. We don't even have good biting teeth.

Last time I bit someone I completely severed their finger so a+ would break out the chompers in self defense again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Human bites are the worst kind of bites a human can suffer.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The best kind is tiny little puppies.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Radioactive spider. :colbert:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My little brother was really bitey when he was young. He didn't have terrible twos, he had terrible threes. He bit my mom, he bit me, and he got kicked out of our small town's only daycare for biting other children when he got upset.

As a single parent, my mom had to find a babysitter to care for him during the day. The babysitter didn't work out too well either, as she threatened to call child protective services on my mom because my brother would space out sometimes and not respond to his name being called. She was convinced it was a symptom of abuse. We never witnessed him spacing out like that while at home.

And then I had to go to this babysitter's house with my brother, and she pretty much just locked us in a room for most of the day. I remember trying to leave the room to go to the bathroom, but I was locked inside.

Once my brother was old enough for kindergarten, I became the regular babysitter unless my mom was at a conference until late. He still got really violent sometimes and I didn't know how to handle him beyond just protecting myself.

Warrior Princess posted:

Last time I bit someone I completely severed their finger so a+ would break out the chompers in self defense again.

Good post, username and avatar combo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Did they ever diagnose what was wrong with your brother?

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Baronjutter posted:

it turns out they had forgot to feed him, he had to learn to hunt

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Polar bears are hypercarnivores, with around 90% of their diet being meat.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Beachcomber posted:

Polar bears are hypercarnivores, with around 90% of their diet being meat.

polar bears are little bitches

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

My mom never took him to get checked out. I suspect he's somewhere on the spectrum. He's a 23 year old do-nothing who plays video games all day, gets whatever he wants, lives on pepperoni pizza and never has to do anything that might make him uncomfortable.

My mom just babied him and thought his behaviour was perfectly fine. I turned out okay, so he should be fine too! I did have to see the school councillor for a while when I was young to help control my crying issues though. My brother never even got that, despite severe picky eating issues, tantrums, inability to sleep without having Garfield comics read to him every night, obsessions with certain characters, and anti-social behaviour which once included snarling like a dog at a cousin because she touched his game case.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Nessa posted:

My mom never took him to get checked out. I suspect he's somewhere on the spectrum. He's a 23 year old do-nothing who plays video games all day, gets whatever he wants, lives on pepperoni pizza and never has to do anything that might make him uncomfortable.

My mom just babied him and thought his behaviour was perfectly fine. I turned out okay, so he should be fine too! I did have to see the school councillor for a while when I was young to help control my crying issues though. My brother never even got that, despite severe picky eating issues, tantrums, inability to sleep without having Garfield comics read to him every night, obsessions with certain characters, and anti-social behaviour which once included snarling like a dog at a cousin because she touched his game case.

:smith:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nessa posted:

inability to sleep without having Garfield comics read to him every night

Lie Bot, what is the saddest thing?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The blanking out and not responding sounds like childhood absence seizures. Often they stop occurring post adolescence without requiring treatment (although treatment is a good idea since seizures aren't great for your brain). Anyone can get them but they are more common for kids on the autism spectrum, which fits with a lot of the other info you have given.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

Lie Bot, what is the saddest thing?

He was 12 years old at the time too and still sharing a bed with my mom.

I was living with my mom for a while before going to college and would hear her read him stories every night before bed, and they were usually Garfield comics. Garfield was one of several characters he was obsessed with for a while.

It was pretty sad.

Moon Atari posted:

The blanking out and not responding sounds like childhood absence seizures. Often they stop occurring post adolescence without requiring treatment (although treatment is a good idea since seizures aren't great for your brain). Anyone can get them but they are more common for kids on the autism spectrum, which fits with a lot of the other info you have given.

That's actually really interesting. I didn't know about that. As I said, we never witnessed this happening at all, so my mom just wrote it off as no big deal. She was also offended that the babysitter immediately concluded that it must be a symptom of abuse.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Just dealt with a 2am sick kid pukefest, too awake to go back to bed now, get online and stumble on this gem.

My [19M] girlfriend [21F] places an anime pillow between us when we sleep together.

quote:

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about a year. We're both in college and everything has been going great. We get along well, enjoy similar hobbies and generally have a lot of fun being around each other.

About 5 months into the relationship, she started to stay overnight at my place often. We'd usually end up at my place if we were out late or wanted to do something indoors. Everything was going great at this point. She has similar life goals as myself and we are very comfortable with each other. (ie. Maybe leaving the bathroom door open a bit too often but that's not the real issue)

About 2 months ago, she started to stay overnight here almost every night. About 5-6 times a week. She insisted that I should cuddle with her before bed, but I did make it clear that I would rather not have to do this so often while going to sleep quite a while ago and she knows it too. There wasn't any argument over this but a week later, she started bringing an anime body pillow onto the bed to fall asleep with it.

I'm honestly fine with it because we're both huge anime fans and I'm pretty sure I watch a lot more than her. She usually uses two pillows with pictures of Makoto from "Free!" and Kurosaki Ranmaru from "Uta no Prince Sama." This didn't bother me until we decided to have sex one night. She was on top of me and then placed one of her pillows in between us. I didn't understand this, at first, but she started to fantasize about the characters on the pillows themselves. This would happen every time whenever we'd be intimate in any way on my bed for the next month.

The situation started to worry me and we've tried to have a discussion about it. She told me that she feels safer and more relaxed by doing this. I argued that she's just fantasizing about those anime characters and using myself to do so. We had a fight about this and I haven't been in any mood lately to do anything more than just literally fall asleep with her because of this.

When I ask her not to bring the pillow onto the bed, she claims it's like falling asleep with a stuffed animal. Sometimes, I just end up sleeping on the couch because it's really starting to irritate me. I do cuddle with her pretty often so she has no reason to do this. It just started because I wanted a bit of space, that's all. Everything else in the relationship is still going well but this has been bothering me a lot lately.

What should I do and how can I talk her into not bringing her pillows onto my bed?? Any advice would be great, thanks.

tl;dr: My girlfriend uses her anime pillows to get off while we have sex and won't stop bringing them onto the bed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tfw cucked by a pillow

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The only way to defeat an anime body pillow is with a stronger anime body pillow.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Or put it through the washer and dryer, they never come out the same :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
I'm on the spectrum and had a phase in my tweens/early teens where I would "space out" big time to the point where my parents worried. Ran a ton of tests looking for seizures including wearing this weird portable rig on my head for a few days but in the end had to settle for "spergs gonna sperg". It cleared up eventually, at least as far as we could tell.

The Time Dissolver fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 10, 2018