Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/962083648286707713

He's not getting traded until the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Skjei-Kampfer
Holden-DeAngelo
Gilmour-Pionk

Oh man, am I glad I've been out of the country for a week and brought back a suitcase full of rum.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/962086553915928581

I'm assuming this is for the Wolfpack.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jeff Zatkoff will back :cop: up versus Washington tonight.

I'm wondering if he was acquired not only for depth but to allow Korpisalo more playing time by sending him to the AHL.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

some guy on hfboards was claiming it's a broken hand

We know he's had a lingering injury for awhile so my guess is they just decided to sit him while they look into trades.

whoa there jeff slow down

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Hubert LaBrie is a good minor league hockey name.

Looks like the Rangers added an AHL defenseman, which makes sense since they've recalled a few of those. The other three guys in the trade are forwards. All are AHL depth, at best.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/962079437239078918

The last President & CEO Cyril Leeder got fired last January and replaced by Tom Anselmi. Melnyk allegedly told Leeder to sue him for his severance pay

This is a pretty competent organization

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Barry Melrose or Mike Keenan.

I don’t know if running an apartment complex where sexy drama unfolds really qualifies you to coach in the NHL.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Brock Boeser is hurt. Why me oh mighty one? What did I do?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/962079437239078918

The last President & CEO Cyril Leeder got fired last January and replaced by Tom Anselmi. Melnyk allegedly told Leeder to sue him for his severance pay

This is a pretty competent organization

Didn't Melnyk flat out admit they have one of the thinnest front offices in the league because he's such a cheap gently caress?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Brock Boeser is hurt. Why me oh mighty one? What did I do?

Gimme a few minutes, I have a list.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

I don’t know if running an apartment complex where sexy drama unfolds really qualifies you to coach in the NHL.

Rangers fans have been bitching non-stop about AV for two and a half seasons. At this point I'm just hoping that he gets replaced with the absolute worst coach imaginable because the schadenfreude would be amazing.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mike_V posted:

Joel Edmundson out six weeks with a broken forearm. Not a critical loss, but still hurts. Hopefully we get to see Jake Walman called up and not the corpse of Chris Butler once again.

This was the first game the Blue blew out their opponent in a while, last one was against Detroit, the same game where Jaden Schwartz was lost for 6 weeks and Pietrangelo was out for a little bit. Stop winning big is the message, I guess.

Too bad. Now if the blues and jets could find a way to both lose tonight that'd be super.

Oh, and Tiger Williams is a molester or something if anyone cares.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

grack posted:

Rangers fans have been bitching non-stop about AV for two and a half seasons. At this point I'm just hoping that he gets replaced with the absolute worst coach imaginable because the schadenfreude would be amazing.

Therrien decends

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grack posted:

Not the worst coach, but Disco Dan is still out there waiting...
And he is a terrible choice for a team that wants to run with some rookies.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

May just be sitting him to ensure he doesn’t get a real injury enforce being traded.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/962099870252392448

Haha oh boy the Senators want to smoke screen the Anselmi departure. (They're also bad)

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Zodijackylite posted:

Skjei-Kampfer
Holden-DeAngelo
Gilmour-Pionk

Oh man, am I glad I've been out of the country for a week and brought back a suitcase full of rum.

:stare:

e: Pavelec in net too. This could be real real bad.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 10, 2018

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

HootTheOwl posted:

Saad. Again.

Yea, that's pretty much the only hefty contract on the team without a no move clause. Murphy, too, I suppose. I think it'd be wrong to move either, though, given their ages and production (Murphy's been good this year, and this is the only real bad year Saad has ever had).

If another team really wanted Anisimov, the Hawks could ask him to waive his NMC. That said, I think Anisimov's NMC becomes a partial no-trade clause over the summer, so it might be easier to jettison him then if that's the direction they want to go.

I think the Hawks are more likely to offload some of their cheaper players like Bouma, Wingels, and Kempny for whatever low draft picks they can get, if they do anything at all at the deadline.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
The Ottawa Senators were so bad when I was a kid, and because I didn't know any better, I actually thought Jamie Baker was a good hockey player. I don't even know why he sticks out in my mind, considering he only played on season with the team.

I am glad Vegas has some actual good players.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

yellowcar posted:

Therrien decends

DAN BYLSMA COME ON DOWN!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Jovial Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/J_Tasch/status/...107989393100800

ohhhhhh yeahhhh!

That's like one decent line, one "ok no one will ever shoot hey Grabs go long!" and two AHL lines

e: It's like it's preseason all over again!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

The Ottawa Senators were so bad when I was a kid, and because I didn't know any better, I actually thought Jamie Baker was a good hockey player. I don't even know why he sticks out in my mind, considering he only played on season with the team.

I am glad Vegas has some actual good players.

If you played the NHL game where he played with the Sens, that's probably why. He was a monster in those games because his backhand was deadly.

Video games have fooled me into thinking a guy was really good more than once

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

rex rabidorum vires posted:

DAN BYLSMA COME ON DOWN!

yellowcar posted:

Therrien decends

Jack Capuano is available, just doing assistant things in Florida

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you played the NHL game where he played with the Sens, that's probably why. He was a monster in those games because his backhand was deadly.

And shawn chambers was the worst hockey player ever according to my video gaming youth iirc

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

And shawn chambers was the worst hockey player ever according to my video gaming youth iirc

There was a dude who played for San Jose named Rob Gaudreau who those games decided was a Neely level sniper, some weird poo poo. I guess they figured fans of the team had to depend on SOMEBODY for goals.

Mike Strahan once used his awful rating on his first Madden appearance (39) to motivate himself to get better. Had a pretty drat good career.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

There was a dude who played for San Jose named Rob Gaudreau who those games decided was a Neely level sniper, some weird poo poo. I guess they figured fans of the team had to depend on SOMEBODY for goals.

Mike Strahan once used his awful rating on his first Madden appearance (39) to motivate himself to get better. Had a pretty drat good career.

To be fair Gaudreau did score at a .75ppg his rookie year

Chambers had a rating of 1

ONE

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Levitate posted:

https://twitter.com/J_Tasch/status/...107989393100800

ohhhhhh yeahhhh!

That's like one decent line, one "ok no one will ever shoot hey Grabs go long!" and two AHL lines

e: It's like it's preseason all over again!

I’ve literally never heard of like 5 of these guys and I think I follow hockey fairly closely

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

To be fair Gaudreau did score at a .75ppg his rookie year

Chambers had a rating of 1

ONE

Jesus I remember Chambers but he was never that bad, he should have been like a 70 or so, he's a fine bottom pairing guy

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I had an NHL 13 boner for Eric Gelinas. Dat slapshot tho.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/962112658311909382

What a dipshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, he's half right.

Just "Our goalies can't completely bail out our terrible play anymore" isn't really a good excuse.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

A Typical Goon posted:

I’ve literally never heard of like 5 of these guys and I think I follow hockey fairly closely

You've probably heard of McLeod, which makes it that much worse.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

No, but you see, the canucks have gotten considerably worse since losing AV as a coach, so therefore he is Good

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

No, but you see, the canucks have gotten considerably worse since losing AV as a coach, so therefore he is Good

which coach would do better with the rags current lineup?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Jovial Cow posted:

Well Pavelec got injured in the first period tonight and had to be replaced by Hank sooo.... :lol:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lethonen you loving useless garbage.

E: woops
He's still poo poo.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

never forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Lundqvist is 13th in the league in save percentage among goalies who've played 30+ games while having the highest cap hit by a significant margin. He also has the highest cap hit on the Rangers. It's not fair to say that Lundqvist is the only problem, but he's certainly a problem.

• Locked thread