Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Holy poo poo Omarosa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Papa John Misty posted:

Holy poo poo Omarosa

Yes she's quite an actress.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Everything she said makes sense and contextually I am sympathetic to what she said. Obviously she knows there are cameras so that's going to be taken into consideration about her honesty. They gave Ross a DR where he voiced his possible skepticism, and I think that's the right approach. If you're going to change who you are and who you associate with, you have to be an active participant in control of your life going forward. So if she really is sorry about it all, she has to stick to it in her outlook, temperament and who she associates with. Rise above and I think that would go a long way towards improving her image.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I missed the first episode. Has Omarosa talked about all of Her new Russian friends yet?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Teek posted:

Everything she said makes sense and contextually I am sympathetic to what she said. Obviously she knows there are cameras so that's going to be taken into consideration about her honesty. They gave Ross a DR where he voiced his possible skepticism, and I think that's the right approach. If you're going to change who you are and who you associate with, you have to be an active participant in control of your life going forward. So if she really is sorry about it all, she has to stick to it in her outlook, temperament and who she associates with. Rise above and I think that would go a long way towards improving her image.

Prior to the Ross chat I expected politics talk to tank the women's alliance.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Binary Logic posted:

Yes she's quite an actress.
Yeah, that's my take. Her Trump grift ended when she got fired so now she's playing the regretful well-intentioned patriot, it's the best PR move she has left. She's good TV though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Teek posted:

I don't buy it for a second. She was paid a million dollars for this and for a talk show on CBS and knows she has to rehab her brand QUICK. Big Brother obviously thought she would be targeted right away and she ended up with first week immunity.

The way she acted with Rudy in the HOH room and subsequent interview? That's the real Omorosa.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

A lot of gameplay so far, Shannon has been trying to flip the vote to save James. Ross and Marissa seem on board but it looks like it will be an eviction time decision.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I hope they save him because he seems invested in playing the game. Shannon could use another comp threat and target in the house with her too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

Like Teek said, Omarosa has been shockingly decent so far; she even looked good in the feeds.

Speaking of feeds, (no noms or anything in here, just the shenanigans) Brandi got completely wasted last night. During charades, for 'Jumanji,' she mimed a large nose to try to get people to say 'Jew.' She later attempted to gently caress a butternut squash.

think they will show this?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was a close veto comp.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Boy they really stepped on the prerecorded veto competition having that stupid current events quiz live with everybody sitting in their eviction night positions.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

Boy they really stepped on the prerecorded veto competition having that stupid current events quiz live with everybody sitting in their eviction night positions.

Its not like they couldn't have them switch seats after if the veto is used :eng101:

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Is Shannon Elizabeth coming off as unhinged on the feeds? Theyre really playing up the crying/ I wanna go home angle tonight

BhindiBhaji Boogie fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 10, 2018

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
She seemed a bit scattered and overreactive, yeah. Her trajectory is kind of looking like Audrey from a few seasons back.

E: This poo poo is amazing

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 10, 2018

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

She seemed a bit scattered and overreactive, yeah. Her trajectory is kind of looking like Audrey from a few seasons back.

E: This poo poo is amazing

That poo poo is amazing, but in Metta's defense, it's what Chuck asked for. During his speech, Chuck actually said the words, "all the people who vote for me, I will try to help you stay as long as I can".
And Metta has obviously never watched this show before. Then to make matters worse in the DR he said "I vote for Chuck" before giving Julie a chance to ask, "Who do you vote to evict?"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

HOH happened overnight. Looks like it was the spinning+bowling comp. Ross won and it sounds like Omarosa had to go to the hospital for an injury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I totally knew Artest was going to bring the best from this mess.

I also read that Omarasa is already accusing everyone of hating her because she's black, so it sounds like she's on schedule.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Came into this with very low expectations, but this has been pretty great so far.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am curious why CBS put Omarossa on the show while also giving her a talk show. Seems pretty risky of her turning off part of the talk show audience.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had no idea she had a talk shot. Man, does it piss me off that people seem to be buying into/helping her con job to rehab her image to sell books.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well from the link posted early in the thread, it's only a deal to film a pilot for it. But she is getting a million bucks for it and Big Brother. https://radaronline.com/videos/omarosa-celebrity-big-brother-1-million-paycheck-talk-show-after-white-house/

It is kind of interesting, Julie has yet to announce if they actually get anything for winning, so I assume they just paid everybody money to do it for 30 days? I don't think she even mentioned it being for some charity?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Last week, started playing a drinking game in which every time Omarosa said "White House" I drank a shot. Just woke up from coma this morning, what's been going on.

STAC Goat posted:

I totally knew Artest was going to bring the best from this mess.

I also read that Omarasa is already accusing everyone of hating her because she's black, so it sounds like she's on schedule.

There's that Black Girl Magic at work!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well from the link posted early in the thread, it's only a deal to film a pilot for it. But she is getting a million bucks for it and Big Brother. https://radaronline.com/videos/omarosa-celebrity-big-brother-1-million-paycheck-talk-show-after-white-house/

It is kind of interesting, Julie has yet to announce if they actually get anything for winning, so I assume they just paid everybody money to do it for 30 days? I don't think she even mentioned it being for some charity?
"Julie Chen confirmed that the winner of the 2018 season will be getting a $250,000 cash prize."

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 11, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, and the money is for the actual winner, not a charity, which might certainly incentivize harder game playing for some.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I mean, especially these people. Liddel is done fighting. Shannon Elizabeth has already hosed off to Africa for charity. Keshia is never acting again, and it was really cute how Mark's package made it look like Sugar Ray was doing anything relevant.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I mean, especially these people. Liddel is done fighting. Shannon Elizabeth has already hosed off to Africa for charity. Keshia is never acting again, and it was really cute how Mark's package made it look like Sugar Ray was doing anything relevant.

lol they mentioned making new music, cant wait for the new sugar ray album to drop

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Lol at Julie's Omarosa cough

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Man oh man I would be so amused if Omarosa's White House bombs got big enough to warrant actual media attention.

E: Oh my god Metta. Never change.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man oh man I would be so amused if Omarosa's White House bombs got big enough to warrant actual media attention.

Ummm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ep332mMl1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1RR8-MyB3k

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
They should have voted out Omarosa, and then Keshia would leave anyway.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm not sure Big Brother is a show that has "best TV episodes ever" in a traditional sense but the Keshia breast milk eviction ruining an ornate blindside really spoke to me

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 13, 2018

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I hate James so much, I’ve never hated a millennial before now

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

sbaldrick posted:

I hate James so much, I’ve never hated a millennial before now

Welcome to the Republican Party.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
Hmm I still agree with Teek in that I am contextually sympathetic to Omarosa if she is really interested in change ... because that's a big if. I don't think that change will happen in the BB house, where people's defense mechanisms get amped up to eleven anyway.

I am rooting for Metta. It would be cool if he starts out knowing nothing about the game and ends up mastering it (or just winning accidentally, whatever).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I decided to tune in because I had nothing better to watch.

So Omarosa gets cocky and fucks up her nominations leaving a vulnerable Brandi next to her target Ross. Brandi starts sabotaging her own game through stupidity and Mark and James realize they can't trust Omarosa and look to make a deal with Ross and Marissa. Wacky POV twists introduced to make everything crazy. And somehow Metta goes home because he's crazy?

This is either the worst episode of Big Brother ever or the best.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

This is the best season of Big Brother in a long while, and that all would make better sense to us if you were recapping the live feeds ;)

I could think of it as another wasted HoH, or as getting more time to reshift alliances.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Less than one week to go, with episodes on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Crazy pace and if the ratings are good I could see BB having a similarly short all-star or all-winners season.

Last night was the second time the houseguests voted out the wrong person!
When Omarosa and Keshia were on the block, should have voted out Omarosa and then Keshia would have quit.
This week, should have voted out Brandi and if Metta really wanted out he would have to quit the game.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

This is a shockingly fun season and refreshing after how toxic last season was.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Papa John Misty posted:

This is a shockingly fun season and refreshing after how toxic last season was.

I dunno 2 quits is pretty lame, especially on a 3 week season.

Also, I would definitely consider the way Brandi has treated James and the way Omarosa treated Shannon to be incredibly toxic. At least Ross is a joy to watch, and Mark is pretty competently playing the asleep floater game (which I didn't think viable for such a short season).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Mark and James seem to be setting themselves up well going into the finale. Mark won HOH last night.

• Locked thread