Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Regy Rusty posted:

There was just the whole Ys 8 disaster last year

I have an irrational fear they're going to announce that they got Cold Steel 3 through some kind of dark magic

Please no. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What's Cold Steel apart from a maker of ridiculous swords?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
A cool rpg from a cool rpg series

It'd be cool if they came to switch, but I doubt they'd just do CS3 by itself

edit: oh this is just general NIS related and no specifically for Switch. Still, Cold Steel for switch would be cool

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe the Switch will continue to usurp the Vita and we're gonna get a Criminal Girls collection.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd be surprised if Cold Steel Switch showed up here as just a month or so ago Falcom's president said they're focusing on porting Cold Steel 1&2 to PS4 over Switch.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ventana posted:

A cool rpg from a cool rpg series

It'd be cool if they came to switch, but I doubt they'd just do CS3 by itself

edit: oh this is just general NIS related and no specifically for Switch. Still, Cold Steel for switch would be cool
Are you talking about a Legend of Heroes game? It's the only thing I can google that is game related and not about knives.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's Cold Steel apart from a maker of ridiculous swords?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_of_Cold_Steel

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh okay. That's nothing like the Japanese title so I was confused. I was almost wondering if that was the English title of the Metal Max series or something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are you talking about a Legend of Heroes game? It's the only thing I can google that is game related and not about knives.

Trails of cold steel is the full title.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh okay. That's nothing like the Japanese title so I was confused. I was almost wondering if that was the English title of the Metal Max series or something.

Yeah, XSEED had to localize the title because there's no English word fitting for the concept of the flash of light glinting off a blade when it's drawn from a sword so they changed it to be about the robot and gave it a dual meaning with swords in general. It was a pretty ingenious way of getting around that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, XSEED had to localize the title because there's no English word fitting for the concept of the flash of light glinting off a blade when it's drawn from a sword so they changed it to be about the robot and gave it a dual meaning with swords in general. It was a pretty ingenious way of getting around that.

Also railroad tracks! Which fits in with Trails in the Sky referencing the primary mode of transportation in the country it's based in. It's a very nice turn of phrase.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Also railroad tracks! Which fits in with Trails in the Sky referencing the primary mode of transportation in the country it's based in. It's a very nice turn of phrase.

I never even made that connection! See, this is why XSEED is great. NISA would have just called it Trails in the Flash.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Policenaut posted:

I never even made that connection! See, this is why XSEED is great. NISA would have just called it Trails in the Flash.
Street Flashers

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This NIS livestream is two bros wearing faux baseball jerseys and sitting on a dingy old couch and upholstered chair. Is NIS America run out of some frat house?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Turned on the NISA stream and uh.. hrm.

"The Longest 5 Minutes" should be a 60 hour long video game about the Goku/Freiza fight on Namek. :argh:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
And they’ve got wired handheld microphones. This is like local access TV circa 1992.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

This host makes it 10x harder to watch.

oh nice, a tingle rosy rupeeland ripoff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Turned on the NISA stream and uh.. hrm.

"The Longest 5 Minutes" should be a 60 hour long video game about the Goku/Freiza fight on Namek. :argh:

I thought it seemed like a pretty cool concept, I'll have to keep my eye on it and see what the actual gameplay is like.

Mahoning posted:

This NIS livestream is two bros wearing faux baseball jerseys and sitting on a dingy old couch and upholstered chair. Is NIS America run out of some frat house?

It wouldn't surprise me

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Maybe they’re just neat keychain accessories that just happen to be able to hold the cartridge as a novelty.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to buy the hell out of Generic Dollar Store Brand Spore

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

oh, Japanese Will Wright.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Finally, a video game called HAPPY BIRTHDAYS.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh hey, that follow-up to El Shaddai is getting localized. That's cool!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Unrelated, but Hollow Knight is apparently running at 60fps on switch.

Still no release date.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Looks like NIS America's site has limited edition copies of Touhou for Switch and PS4 ($80) listed, if that's your thing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm the video game designer speaking in front of a framed pair of jeans.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm Lucifel

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh hell yes

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
SUDAAAAAAAAAA...

51 adventure game? Hmm

e: oh son of a bitch it's for PS4/Steam

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 10, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I forgot who it was but when I mentioned Rocket League looking like poo poo in handheld mode someone said the upcoming patch was adding a "quality mode" that would drop the framerate to 30fps but improve graphics, and was wondering if the current, 60fps mode would also see improvements. Sure enough:

quote:

Rocket League’s resolution in both performance mode and quality mode will be increased. In Performance Mode, the game will run at 900p docked, and 720p when handheld, targeting 60fps. The resolution will dynamically scale to keep it locked to 60fps.

In Quality Mode, Rocket League will run at native 1080p when docked, and 720p in handheld. This mode ups the quality of visual effects, but frame-rate will stay at 30fps.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Oh grasshopper, I would kill for a Contact sequel.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hell yes. The Silver Case was fantastic on PS4 and I can't wait for this. Suda51's Pre-NMH games are such trips.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
damnit. That game would be perfect for the Switch!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

goferchan posted:

I forgot who it was but when I mentioned Rocket League looking like poo poo in handheld mode someone said the upcoming patch was adding a "quality mode" that would drop the framerate to 30fps but improve graphics, and was wondering if the current, 60fps mode would also see improvements. Sure enough:

That was me. Great news. It looks pretty rough now but they were probably just being extra cautious about it retaining 60fps.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

oh god, why did they pan out for? It looks they're broadcasting from a rejected casting couch stage.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I can't really find any information on this cute Japanese party game Sumikko Gurashi. I've downloaded the demo but does anyone own it? It looks so fun and cute

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Let me just sum up this livestream for anyone that’s not watching:

anime titties

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Lol this is the jankiest stage I've ever seen for a press event. It looks like they found a couple of random bros and filmed the thing in the basement of their rental. Where the hell are they even?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Reality Loser posted:

Unrelated, but Hollow Knight is apparently running at 60fps on switch.

Still no release date.

Wait seriously? That’s pretty impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mahoning posted:

Let me just sum up this livestream for anyone that’s not watching:

anime titties

Hey, they showed that you can dress the girls in regular clothing. Like, pants. If you want.

• Locked thread