Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Not seen a single Swablu yet (what type is it?) but I’ve caught 2 different forms of Castform so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
There've been a lot here.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

AirRaid posted:

Not seen a single Swablu yet (what type is it?) but I’ve caught 2 different forms of Castform so far.

Normal/Flying.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hold on, how do you type in unicode characters using a smartphone keyboard? I got android/Samsung S8 if it helps

Just for future reference if I wanna goof around with names some more

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Motherfuck. I thought the eggs from today after event launch were supposed to be new mon or gen3? I got a 2k about 6pm AZ time and it hatched to a loving Shellder.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Oof, g'luck to anyone doing a genderdex, Castform has eight variations; make and female normal, sunny, rainy and snowy. Weird.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
A zillion Swablus, a lot of Taillows, and a few Wingulls. Also a couple of Castforms. I guess it's bird season out here.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I'm not sure if it's just the event, but our area has seen a decent number of bagon so far. Lots of Mt moon biome, so hopefully they still spawn plentifully since they're first Evo dragons. One person caught a shellgon already too.

Also, a billion swablu all over

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Cowslips Warren posted:

Motherfuck. I thought the eggs from today after event launch were supposed to be new mon or gen3? I got a 2k about 6pm AZ time and it hatched to a loving Shellder.

Nope, it's just spawns. Also I'm pretty sure Shellder is a 5k(I just hatched one yesterday).

Edit: Nevermind, been getting them out of 2ks I think. :iiam:

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 16, 2018

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

2/2 on Rayquaza, also got a Bagon, Illumise and Munin today. Good first day.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
New raids too. Snorunt, Azumarill, and Piloswine are in my area as raids. That's... kind of a letdown.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Good for cheap experience at least. Swablu is also a one Bowser raid.

Has anyone encountered a double nest? I think there was a migration a day or so before the event began and then another migration with the new event. If the first migration was a gen 3, I think it might still be active.

I was at a park where lopads and numels were everywhere, sometimes even spawning on top of one another. Neither were environmentally generated so I wonder if one became a nest on Wednesday and the other showed up with Friday’s event.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rofl i blew through the supply of over 100+ pinap berries i'd been saving for an event like this in just a few hours.

oh well got lots of new pokedex evolution entries. no luck finding a beldum anywhere at all though, and the one bagon i found broke out of the excellent throw curve ball ultraball i threw and fuckin ran like a little shithead.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Even though I got swamped with Plusle and Minun while it rained, I still got a lot of good poo poo, including my first Feebas, my third form of Castorm in Rain and a wild Lombre.

Where the gently caress is Wingull?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Is there any point to getting every form of Castform apart from for completionists?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Julio Cruz posted:

Is there any point to getting every form of Castform apart from for completionists?

There's no point to any of this, friend.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
As it's raining where I'm at I went out to catch a Castform and learned that it can spawn in its normal form and the weather specific form.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Is there a Llama Pokemon out there? I wanna get one and name it Kuzko

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
All the Kyogre I caught have 10 attack.

Meanwhile the first Rayquaza I got was 14/14/15.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Is there a Llama Pokemon out there? I wanna get one and name it Kuzko

The closest thing is Furfrou, Gen 6, so... no.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
despite the raid pass distribution being totally broken for this weekend we had almost 40 people show at a mewtwo raid (plus, I dunno, 16?-ish spoofers we all ignored as we went into private lobbies) and split into team groups and had, I believe, a 100% catch rate. so I guess that's us, contributing to Niantic's mistaken belief they didn't gently caress it up horribly.

sorry everyone!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Crosspeice posted:

The closest thing is Furfrou, Gen 6, so... no.

Poodles are not llamas.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Hatched my first Feebas, got over 120 Swablu candies, and got both gender variants for normal and sunny Castform. Things are going pretty well for not even trying to look for stuff.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Poodles are not llamas.

Obviously, which is why I said closest thing, general body shape, shaggy fur, similar face, but there's nothing remotely like a llama in Pokemon yet.

Also I love that I've spent a good few weeks catching Baltoy to finally evolve it... and then a Claydol spawns outside my house.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Well today was a good day. My kid got her Mewtwo (93%), and we picked up a few bagon, beldum, a chimecho, an anorith, and a 98% lv34 solrock (for gym fun). She was unaware that the raid we were at was a Mewtwo till right before it started and she flipped out. Hopefully I'll get an expass that isn't 1000 miles away next time.

It helped that it got "windy" this afternoon. There were even MORE swablu, along with a ton of Tailow, lots of solrock, and a noticable uptick in bagon and beldum on the map although I didn't have much time to go out then.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

do you get better raid rewards for fewer people at raids, cause we just three manned an absol raid and i got 18 golden razz berries :psyduck:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

financially racist posted:

do you get better raid rewards for fewer people at raids, cause we just three manned an absol raid and i got 18 golden razz berries :psyduck:

You're more likely to get more "packages" from raids if it's a smaller group because your damage contribution will be higher.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

financially racist posted:

Yeah, the amount of raid rewards is propotional to the amount of balls you get for the raid boss.

Capturing the gym and raiding in a small group (edit: same team group) gets you best value for your raid pass. You need 20% damage done for max damage balls so ideally go with 4-5 people.

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 11, 2018

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
A woman I trust on our raid group was able to get a second device and log in for me at the ex raid I couldn't get to. I'm now the proud owner of a 98% 14/15/15 Mewtwo :toot:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

A woman I trust on our raid group was able to get a second device and log in for me at the ex raid I couldn't get to. I'm now the proud owner of a 98% 14/15/15 Mewtwo :toot:

Haaaaate

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Trash it.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Giovanni couldn't control Mewtwo, what makes you think you can

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willsun posted:

Giovanni couldn't control Mewtwo, what makes you think you can

Everyone knows you don't control Pokemon--especially one as powerful as Mewtwo. They're your partner you treat with respect and love.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well battery is almost dead and my hands are numb, guess i better walk home. might as well grab this last swablu at the park entrance on my way out.

oh ok

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Everyone knows you don't control Pokemon--especially one as powerful as Mewtwo. They're your partner you treat with respect and love.

gently caress, with Mewtwo you admit upfront he is way cooler than you and can you please be his manservant.

Master Mewtwo, I will battle this Shuckle for you!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cowslips Warren posted:

gently caress, with Mewtwo you admit upfront he is way cooler than you and can you please be his manservant.

Master Mewtwo, I will battle this Shuckle for you!

Looks like someone needs to go back to Blackthorn City.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
300km later I've finally evolved an Ampharos to complete gen 2. Not sure what to walk now, I don't have a Bagon or a decent Feebas so I think it'll have to be Beldum.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Fun fact of the day: a dude at a raid accused me of spoofing because I have two Slakings and a Ludicolo. Explaining to him how I used about all my candy seemed to help. Same dude also has multiple accounts and thinks anyone who uses a scanner is cheating....even if that is how everyone organizes a drat raid.

Did a small raid train today, maybe 7 raids total? But they were all within a four mile radius, everyone was super cool about doing both legendaries and any other ones we could hit on a lucky egg, and several new people were in the group, and the ones who didn't have either Ray or Kyorge caught them both, same with an Absol raid. Had one dude admit to me he actually drove 20 miles to our side of town because he heard the raid group was active and cool, and complimented me on running a good train. I had to admit we got dumb lucky with all the close raids. The only down thing was when we had to jump out of a raid once, and several people didn't fully leave, then realized after we all beat the legendary that they were in the wrong group.

Pointed some people in the direction of a Solrock, and most everyone caught the 100% Treeko that popped a few blocks from a raid site.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Seattle gets about one day of windy weather every 20 or so days, so I doubt I'm ever going to see a bagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

I think Seattle gets about one day of windy weather every 20 or so days, so I doubt I'm ever going to see a bagon.

Lots down here in Portland, come visit!

• Locked thread