Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've always wanted to do jury duty but have never been called and it makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’ll never be on a jury. Sad!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Your Personal Muse posted:

I’ll never be on a jury. Sad!

:yossame: I think I would like it though

what about you can be on a jury about my are posting?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
verdict: its bad

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It’ll be a hung jury, because they would rather commit suicide than read your posts

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Your Personal Muse posted:

It’ll be a hung jury, because they would rather commit suicide than read your posts

the system works!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Just an FYI, I said this in discord but I'm planning on running a 16 player game after Chic's game ends so please keep that in mind. Thanks!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Just an FYI, I said this in discord but I'm planning on running a 16 player game after Chic's game ends so please keep that in mind. Thanks!

I will play this game.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Max posted:

I will spectate this while my mind dissolves in pera’s anime hellgame

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I'm a little worried about two concurrent games but we'll see.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
pera, if you sit on a jury, know about jury nullification, you don't have to convict someone who breaks a bullshit victimless crime law no matter what some judge might say.

If you want to be dismissed so you don't have to do it, mention jury nullification.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hmm I could get Hamilton tickets for when I'm in Seattle next month but the cheap ones are 250 each, y/n?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lumpen posted:

pera, if you sit on a jury, know about jury nullification, you don't have to convict someone who breaks a bullshit victimless crime law no matter what some judge might say.

If you want to be dismissed so you don't have to do it, mention jury nullification.

One guy did that during jury selection when I sat on one. He got in the seat and just said "I hate these types of lawsuits and think they are pointless." He was immediately dismissed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Hmm I could get Hamilton tickets for when I'm in Seattle next month but the cheap ones are 250 each, y/n?

y

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

It was ok.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean I ammmm getting laid off in the near future, and that'd be $500 USD.

But I'll also probably never get another chance

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

do not do it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

GulagDolls posted:

do not do it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sneak in dressed as an extra

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you should "throw away [your] shot"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

I'm a little surprised you wouldn't assume I knew about and loved this. Jury Nullification is critical.

I actually take jury duty incredibly seriously, it's the closest thing to "duty" for the sake of country that I believe in, at least when it comes to me. I work extremely hard to apply an unbiased, out of external context perspective and evaluate the evidence and instructions As A Juror loving Should. I could sorta go nuts about this for pages.

I sat on a murder trial in 2007 as an alternate and was absolutely furious to discover I was the only one taking notes, the only one prepared to ask questions during deliberation, the only one who didn't just assume the guy was guilty. They deliberated for less than an hour which clearly means they didn't even talk about the police bias, the flaws in the witness testimony, the weird loophole the prosecution used to call it first degree... for an objectively evil person it's weird that I give such a drat about it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

I'm a little surprised you wouldn't assume I knew about and loved this. Jury Nullification is critical.

I actually take jury duty incredibly seriously, it's the closest thing to "duty" for the sake of country that I believe in, at least when it comes to me. I work extremely hard to apply an unbiased, out of external context perspective and evaluate the evidence and instructions As A Juror loving Should. I could sorta go nuts about this for pages.

I sat on a murder trial in 2007 as an alternate and was absolutely furious to discover I was the only one taking notes, the only one prepared to ask questions during deliberation, the only one who didn't just assume the guy was guilty. They deliberated for less than an hour which clearly means they didn't even talk about the police bias, the flaws in the witness testimony, the weird loophole the prosecution used to call it first degree... for an objectively evil person it's weird that I give such a drat about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k4fYIUuAP8

I was chosen for a jury once, figuring I'd do my civic duty by saying "not guilty" to someone who committed some nonsense crime. It ended up being a case that lasted for two+ weeks over whether a convicted child molester was safe to be let out of prison after 20 years. :eng99:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm not objectively evil but I am also passionate about fairness.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I was hoping you'd post this bit, I thought of it immediately

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I expected a clip from ...And Justice For All

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I will play this game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we should just move to a phoenix wright system already so i can start whipping dudes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this parrot, is an eye witness... .

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i think juries are bad and we should institute the Napoleonic code of justice where you have three judges

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

BottleKnight posted:

i think juries are bad and we should institute the Napoleonic code of justice where you have three judges

imbecile. you bourgoeis piece of poo poo. we need a committee of twleve people to send your rear end to the guillotine. terror is noTHING but justice, swift, infelxible and severe

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##ERASE DEFENDANT

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

imbecile. you bourgoeis piece of poo poo. we need a committee of twleve people to send your rear end to the guillotine. terror is noTHING but justice, swift, infelxible and severe

did gulag get an alt

....did dril get an account?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

fatkachu :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That is a good name change.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BottleKnight posted:

did gulag get an alt

....did dril get an account?

didn't dril start in fyad?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wandering Samurai Mafia, a closed setup game for 16 players, is open for signups

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Only need 3 more for my Wandering Samurai game!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why... did no one... wished. me happ y birthdya :'(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'd like to play awful survivor.

Anyone doing one any time soon?