Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

anthony johnson cleared middleweight pretty quickly

Actually, this is correct.

exploded mummy posted:

does Stipe count

No, HW actually exists so it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No, HW actually exists so it doesn't.

then why is his next fight against someone out of the division

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

exploded mummy posted:

then why is his next fight against someone out of the division

DC has something like 13 more heavyweight fights than Cyborg's opponent has featherweight fights.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

what did marc godard tweet, i want the drama

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cyber Dog posted:

what did marc godard tweet, i want the drama

that gender neutral language is for castrated wussies

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It was like "I thought gender neutrality was a joke, but it's real and I'm disgusted." He definitely used "pussification"

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

mr. goddard, please stick to referreeing FIGHTs and not Language

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I don't need marc goddard refereeing my balls OR my vagina. I don't need it and I don't want it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

I don't need marc goddard refereeing my balls OR my vagina. I don't need it and I don't want it.

gr8 ref though, all aside

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm really glad romero rockhold is happening

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

CommonShore posted:

that gender neutral language is for castrated wussies
hes right. thats how it stays so neutral

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I’m glad Drex Mambgota was able to take time away from being a character on season 4 of Fargo to have a ufc fight.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Aside from Hunt and the Rock, are there any compelling fights on this card? I don't know much about most of the other people I've seen mentioned.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

the true face of non pussified manliness, suck it sjws

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Aside from Hunt and the Rock, are there any compelling fights on this card? I don't know much about most of the other people I've seen mentioned.

I like Jake Matthews vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmOk7UFTME

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Formiga vs Nguyen should be pretty good.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Tai Tuivasa is back fresh off the fattest flying knee KO in UFC history.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

El Roncho posted:

Tai Tuivasa is back fresh off the fattest flying knee KO in UFC history.

Mark Hunt's training partner and hopefully successor. He's a big ol' Samoan who is oddly spry on his feet. He's fighting Cyril "silverback" Asker. Should be a cool fight.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Formiga vs Nguyen should be pretty good.

Thank you, thank you. I'm gonna watch, anyway, because I like Hunt, and I want to see the fight between the guy who definitely cheats, and the guy who looks like he cheats, but it's always good to have more fights to keep an eye on.

Anyone know what kind of money Hunt is on, these days? He can't have much of this left in him. He's obviously insane, but I like him, anyway, and I don't want to tune into Elite #1 Underground Cage Grudge Supreme on the Ocho and see a 56-year-old Hunt getting his brains scrambled.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Game day thread is up! Let me know if you like it, it's my first time posting one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848797

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Reminder that dong hyung kim is fighting, as is teruto ishihara sexmaster of the octagon, winner gets takeshima island in japan sea for the next month.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to it tomorrow, got a feeling it's going to be one of those cards where the fights are awesome despite not knowing who 80% of the fighters are

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Reminder that dong hyung kim is fighting, as is teruto ishihara sexmaster of the octagon, winner gets takeshima island in japan sea for the next month.

it's the other dong hyun kim, the og dong hyun kim is a reality tv guy now so he gets paid to go on dates with north korean detectors 15 years younger than him, or learn how to order from restaurants in english

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I'm going to it tomorrow, got a feeling it's going to be one of those cards where the fights are awesome despite not knowing who 80% of the fighters are

Those are the best ones.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's the other dong hyun kim, the og dong hyun kim is a reality tv guy now so he gets paid to go on dates with north korean detectors 15 years younger than him, or learn how to order from restaurants in english

You got a link or what?

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the second dong hyun kim is more fun to watch than ol' donger these days, i'm afraid

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Dong Hyun Kim 2: Electric Bugaloo had a ridiculous and brutal fight with one Marco Polo Reyes I suggest everyone watch if you haven't before.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

El Roncho posted:

Dong Hyun Kim 2: Electric Bugaloo had a ridiculous and brutal fight with one Marco Polo Reyes I suggest everyone watch if you haven't before.

That is, legit, one of the best UFC fights. And it's between two relative no names. It owns.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You got a link or what?

I live in Seoul. TG is right. He and Sexiyama are TV stars here now. Sexiyama because his daughter is uber cute (according to Koreans). They even use their Korean names (Sexiyama is ethnically Korean but born and raised as a Japanese citizen).

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Romero missed weight by 3 pounds :(

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Beautiful

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Has 2 hours to make weight

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Will they let the fight go on if he doesn't, but he can't win the title?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Man, if there’s one thing I expect elite wrestling cheats to be able to do, it’s cut weight.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah the fight will go on apparently but like Pettis v Holloway he can't win the interim

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Unfunny Poster posted:

I live in Seoul. TG is right. He and Sexiyama are TV stars here now. Sexiyama because his daughter is uber cute (according to Koreans). They even use their Korean names (Sexiyama is ethnically Korean but born and raised as a Japanese citizen).

After reading Duncan's post I decided to read up on Stun Gun to see if he was pulling my leg. Apparently Dong the first starred in a K Pop video with Sexiyama in 2016. Hopefully it's good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSAO8op0ow

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Yeah the fight will go on apparently but like Pettis v Holloway he can't win the interim

"He cant win the interim" is the most depressing UFC slogan since Matt Hughes trains hard

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Eat This Glob posted:

After reading Duncan's post I decided to read up on Stun Gun to see if he was pulling my leg. Apparently Dong the first starred in a K Pop video with Sexiyama in 2016. Hopefully it's good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSAO8op0ow

If you want to see a boy band get beaten to literal death by Big Dong, this video rules

• Locked thread