Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/962083370409906176

^ Doncic ^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S THE 2011 NBA PLAYOFFS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SCREAMING AT PEOPLE TO BOX OUT ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TOM THIBS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN YARRGHA SOUNDS WHEN I YELL AT A REF THAT HE'S BULLSHIT BULL poo poo OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE EASTERN CONFERENCE'S MOST DANGEROUS ARENA THE MARKET SQUARE ARENA. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GROWN UP JOB AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN CUBICLES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S THE 2011 NBA PLAYOFFS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SCREAMING AT PEOPLE TO BOX OUT ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TOM THIBS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN YARRGHA SOUNDS WHEN I YELL AT A REF THAT HE'S BULLSHIT BULL poo poo OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE EASTERN CONFERENCE'S MOST DANGEROUS ARENA THE MARKET SQUARE ARENA. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GROWN UP JOB AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN CUBICLES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

chunkles posted:

I'm rooting for Russell but not being able to break past 20mins on the Nets in his third year isn't looking too good. Maybe he really doesn't have LEADERSHIP mentality

He was legitimately looking pretty good before he blew up his knee. Since then......poo poo.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

I'm ready for a Heat finals run

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's time to shut down SB Nation

https://twitter.com/unstoppablebaby/status/962098849299955712

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
like a decade after that post was made, what i'd like to know is why he doesn't just leave the tape in the vhs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if theres one thing you can say about kevin durant, he is sincerely bitchmade

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

like a decade after that post was made, what i'd like to know is why he doesn't just leave the tape in the vhs

it's because he watches pitch black every night, op

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

chunkles posted:

Wasn't rewinding bad for VCRs? That's why everyone had external rewinders. Ours looked like a race car and was really loud!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thibs just got a tech for screaming abuse at towns because the ref thought he was screaming abuse at him and towns was patiently trying to explain to the ref that he was the guy who was getting hoarsely croaked at

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

it's implied that he takes it out and hangs it over his bed like a dreamcatcher before he goes to sleep, organizing his life around its talismanic power but fyads back in the 00's were all doing adderall and antidepressants and limited release flavors of mountain dew and it showed in the writing style

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTXWhu3zPSc

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

thibs just got a tech for screaming abuse at towns because the ref thought he was screaming abuse at him and towns was patiently trying to explain to the ref that he was the guy who was getting hoarsely croaked at

someone really oughta make note of the season's iconic moments as they go along. assemble a big video at the end of the year with things like that moment and this:

y'know all the important emotional highpoints in the ongoing nba soap opera. probably include giannis jumping over an idiot

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I dont understand how a team can be this unlikable but somehow we are here.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cool article, let me offer a counterpoint:

The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I almost wish the Warriors didn't blow that 3-1 lead because we would have been spared this even worse iteration

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

back levine

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Carlosologist posted:

I almost wish the Warriors didn't blow that 3-1 lead because we would have been spared this even worse iteration

idk to me it seems strange to wish that the Warriors hadn't blown a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals despite having the first unanimous MVP, when in fact the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals despite having the first unanimous MVP to me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Michael Jordan first start: 16 points (5-of-16 shooting), 7 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 5 turnovers

Cedi Osman first start: 16 points (6 of 9), 5 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

At least spell LaVine properly you simpleton

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the spirit of tae compels me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

At least spell LaVine properly you simpleton

sorry you just don't get chicago accents

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Everybody laugh at the Wolves.

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/962195987405070336

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Michael Jordan first start: 16 points (5-of-16 shooting), 7 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 5 turnovers

Cedi Osman first start: 16 points (6 of 9), 5 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers

i know it's silly but every time debut starts come up I think of how blessed we were to witness the greatest debut game of all time, 22 points (6-10 shooting, 4-6 from three), 12 assists, 7 rebounds, 9 steals, 0 blocks, 1 turnover, scored the final two points for his team to seal the win against the league's best player coming off a championship season

https://www.basketball-reference.co...r_by=game_score

it's just so stupid. It will always be by far his best game ever, what a dumb career

https://www.basketball-reference.co...r_by=game_score

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:yeah:

I wonder where Cedi sits in the whole Hedo/Erdo----Kanter/Gulen beef.
On one hand, Erdogan is decimating Turkish democracy and Kurdish enclaves...on the other hand, Enes Kanter is and has always been lame af and Hedo is that dude.

:thunk: it's a hard one

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My favorite Hedo Fact is that he sucked in San Antonio even though that team is tailor made for bullshit like his

Oh and Ron Mercer. Those two guys were supposed to make them scary good

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Portland has 2 guys who scored fifty in less than 30 mins this month. Why does our offense suck so much balls?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Quizzlefish posted:

Portland has 2 guys who scored fifty in less than 30 mins this month. Why does our offense suck so much balls?

figured this one out, punkin the basketball whiz did

Quizzlefish posted:

Portland has 2 guys

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

figured this one out, punkin the basketball whiz did

I was trying to think of a guy to use as a retort.... Erm.. Nurkic.. something something... Ed Davis..?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Actually believe it or not Meyers Leonard is 2nd in PER

In 166 minutes played.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I mean he is two years off a 50-40-90 season. Meyers is like the small usage advanced stat king and probably the best reminder in the world that every number needs some context around it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/NBCSKings/status/962190212246851584

The kings are garbage but tell me that court isn't beautiful

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Quizzlefish posted:

I was trying to think of a guy to use as a retort.... Erm.. Nurkic.. something something... Ed Davis..?

Shabazz Napier is arguably their 3rd best player, lol.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CRISPYBABY posted:

I mean he is two years off a 50-40-90 season. Meyers is like the small usage advanced stat king and probably the best reminder in the world that every number needs some context around it.

A popular opinion at the time was that Portland got him for a reasonable deal

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/962191627119771648

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I was a blubbering fool when Wade checked in today.

• Locked thread