Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Big Show got the surgery when he was still quite (comparatively) young, right? Which is why he never really developed the oversized features like Andre the Giant had?

Yep. Andre missed out on the medical advancements available to Big Show sadly.

Lars's NXT stint has been a rough one. He's from a generation or two of NXT talent ago. Signed six months after Braun. But health and injuries have slowed his progress down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That sucks. He has an amazing monster look, is not bad at all in the ring at doing what he does, and (correct me if I’m way off on this rov) seems like a really well-liked dude backstage

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

St Evan Echoes posted:

That sucks. He has an amazing monster look, is not bad at all in the ring at doing what he does, and (correct me if I’m way off on this rov) seems like a really well-liked dude backstage

Those promos though......

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Lars and I hope everything turns out well for him because he could have a fun as hell monster run through all of NXT.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ozymandius1024 posted:

Those promos though......
monsters shouldn’t have to talk (WWE lol)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah, Sasha, Owens, Oney Lorcan and others talk him up.

He's has a pre-NXT history of being a bit of goober fan online. Apparently a well-known troll on Bodybuilding.com.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

was he arguing that there are only 14 days in 2 weeks?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

St Evan Echoes posted:

If he was, then he's on the right side of history imo.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

St Evan Echoes posted:

Arguments should be settled in the ring :colbert:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/961623603446976512

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Happy for her. What a loving turnaround. Would never have guessed after how her first run ended

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Great news for Deeb.

Is Sara Del Rey still around? I haven't seen nor heard from her in forever.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Want to say she became a main roster agent

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I'm sick to gently caress of seeing riddick moss and tino sabbateli. They've been in NXT for years now and haven't improved at all.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

St Evan Echoes posted:

He's clearly not the stupidest boy in the world.

I hope he's ok though. I do like seeing him on my screen.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Sabbateli's gimmick his entire life has been never improving so

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Tinowns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think you've made a mistake in your reference

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

fart blood posted:

Great news for Deeb.

Is Sara Del Rey still around? I haven't seen nor heard from her in forever.

She was actually in the NXT instagram story today as one off the coaches of the tryouts today,doesn't mean she's there full time but shows she might be splitting time between main roster and scouting

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So this guy is at an NXT house show tonight, facing off against Lars (and said guy lost). According to reports, his name is Babatunde, but good god he is a giant.

:stare: at the ring bouncing.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/961768420286124038

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 9, 2018

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I've heard decent things about Babatunde, just a giant guy who wrestles a lot in the Coconut Loop of NXT

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

NFL.com says he's 6'9 345 which is about Braun's size.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Looks like Ministry Viscera deflated

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Midnightghoul posted:

Sabbateli's gimmick his entire life has been never improving so

I still laugh at this article. Bucs fans hated Tino. https://www.bucsnation.com/2014/8/8/5982589/the-worst-buccaneer-of-the-past-10-years

quote:

The worst Buccaneer of the past 10 years

I am not exaggerating here. Piscitelli was horrifying. He tried to play safety, but looked more like a safety valve for the offense. He couldn't cover anyone. His angles to tackles were atrocious. He routinely whiffed on tackles even when his angle was good. He caused more blown coverages than anyone I can remember. According to Football Outsiders, he led the NFL in missed tackles in 2009. The entire NFL. And not by any small margin, either: he had 24 missed tackles. No one else even had 20.

Watching Sabby play wasn't just like watching a trainwreck in progress: it was like watching a trainwreck with the absolutely certainty that trainwrecks were to keep occurring play after play, week after week, month after month until Raheem Morris finally accepted that trainwrecks are no way to stop someone from scoring.

Basically he's the perfect heel for a Central Florida territory

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 9, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there a highlight reel somewhere of Tino sucking in the NFL because, if so, I need to see it pronto.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/962116705576148993

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So can someone explain Jarek to me and why he's such a meme on wrestling twitter?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

me and kara started saying the name a lot because its so stupid and then kara and oat did a deep dive on his youtube and found out hes a magician PUA who loves to kiss and twist reality

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

is it this guy

google preview text claims he was trained by Kendrick

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it pronounced One Twenty or Twentieth Scale?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

btw the next big meme is that justin timberlake stole his gimmick from kyle the beast get on board now

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/961544964432900096

rovert posted:

What do people think is Dain's ceiling on the main roster? TV main events kinda like Samoa Joe?

Again any thoughts? He was in the last 3 or 4 in the Andre Battle Royal last year too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Again any thoughts? He was in the last 3 or 4 in the Andre Battle Royal last year too.

Probably Samoa Joe or Owens level. Should be a top guy in a fun, main program but will sniff the scene just enough to make us think he's on the cusp before being fed to someone and falling back down the card.

This is also probably an evergreen statement for all NXT callups.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Right now I would argue Samoa Joe and Asuka are the biggest successes in terms of callups. Neither have been completely mishandled, although in the case of Asuka, it all depends on how WWE books her after she inevitably loses a match.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

He’s a great hoss but his look right now is “super sized Gimli” so who knows if that will limit him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

So this guy is at an NXT house show tonight, facing off against Lars (and said guy lost). According to reports, his name is Babatunde, but good god he is a giant.

:stare: at the ring bouncing.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/961768420286124038

I know its sort of lazy of me, but I always expected Babatunde to be like the 3rd Author of Pain.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Speaking of successful callups, the loving Drifter being one of my favorite parts of Raw still doesn't quite compute

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Speaking of successful callups, the loving Drifter being one of my favorite parts of Raw still doesn't quite compute

Corey graves cursed him to have a happy, successful life

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jarek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I know its sort of lazy of me, but I always expected Babatunde to be like the 3rd Author of Pain.

No one needs to be Crush or Droz.

• Locked thread