Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/960678931643928576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
bring back the neoliberal -> n-word filter

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

bring back the neoliberal -> n-word filter

lmao i remember the first time that was deployed in D&D someone had referred to Deray McKesson as a "neoliberal shock troop" which led to amazing results

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
aaahahahahaha

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

lmao i remember the first time that was deployed in D&D someone had referred to Deray McKesson as a "neoliberal shock troop" which led to amazing results

it was a good word filter, much better then the “hilarious” word filter that was designed to stifle discussion of the Democratic Primary candidates.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

it was a good word filter, much better then the “hilarious” word filter that was designed to stifle discussion of the Democratic Primary candidates.

I don't recall that one

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

is "im gay" still filtered

edit: apparently not

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
is "I'M A HUGE DUMB IDIOT" still filtered

edit: apparently so

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

I don't recall that one

gently caress you

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Main Paineframe posted:

What does it filter?

Cuck?
Cuckold?
MILF?
N word?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

removing the filter for ted cruz was a mistake

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shear Modulus posted:

removing the filter for ted cruz was a mistake

it remains in our hearts

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

I’M A HUGE DUMB IDIOT

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The wholesome small-town torture facility.
https://twitter.com/NYTNational/status/961118605118267393

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
that down home chicken soup enema just like mom used to make when you would go on a food protest for being grounded

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i forget, is it cheating to post ross douthat

https://mobile.twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/961259970305187841

in case you don't feel like clicking, he argues that congressional republicans have actually done a great job standing firm and restraining Trump's insanity and keeping his actions presidential

and that there's no need to worry about mass deportations or Muslim bans or other excesses because theres no way the inefficient government bureaucracy could actually carry that out anyway.

also, the Russia invesitgations being run by the GOP are totally real and impartial and definitely not protecting Trump.

and if you really think about it, Obama and Bush did way more to undermine the political norms than Trump did

in other words, any liberals who say that Republicans are enabling Trump are just liars who think you're an "Atlantic-reading, Whole Foods-shopping" wuss of a Republican and are just taking advantage of your Trump skepticism in order to trick you into not voting GOP in 2018

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Main Paineframe posted:

in other words, any liberals who say that Republicans are enabling Trump are just liars who think you're an "Atlantic-reading, Whole Foods-shopping" wuss of a Republican and are just taking advantage of your Trump skepticism in order to trick you into not voting GOP in 2018

the "are you a soyboy" of the GOP

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mickey d’s is not a Guantanamo’s

now burger king, there’s a torture camp

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/shitshowdotinfo/status/961127352704135169

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Main Paineframe posted:

i forget, is it cheating to post ross douthat

https://mobile.twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/961259970305187841

in case you don't feel like clicking, he argues that congressional republicans have actually done a great job standing firm and restraining Trump's insanity and keeping his actions presidential

and that there's no need to worry about mass deportations or Muslim bans or other excesses because theres no way the inefficient government bureaucracy could actually carry that out anyway.

also, the Russia invesitgations being run by the GOP are totally real and impartial and definitely not protecting Trump.

and if you really think about it, Obama and Bush did way more to undermine the political norms than Trump did

I want to defend Ross here. Not because he is a good person, but because hey, he's telling the loving lanyards what we've been saying forever/ THE REPUBLICANS IN THE SUBURBS WILL NEVER loving VOTE FOR YOU!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Trump normalization progressing well

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The new version of firefox "recommends" articles on its startup page

I should really turn it off because thanks to CSPAM's influence it now spams with articles like this

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/china-surveillance-state-uighurs.html
:ironicat:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
jesus loving christ

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
amerikkka created the incentive structure for this, literally paying the chinese government to round up uighurs in the bush and early obama years (and probably still, i have no idea) as part of the "war on terror." our klan rear end country did no vetting as to whether the muslims getting renditioned were terrorists or even plausible terrorists.

here's an interesting thing ...

quote:

The men were among a larger group of Uighurs (pronounced WEE-gers) who had fled what they called Chinese persecution of Muslims in western China and spent part of 2001 in a Uighur camp in Afghanistan. They fled, apparently unarmed, when the Americans bombed the camp, and were later turned in to the authorities by Pakistani villagers in return for an American bounty.

The four brought here, like 13 other Uighurs still at Guantánamo but expected to depart soon to other destinations, had been cleared by American officials and courts of taking up arms against the United States or ties to global terrorism.

But proposals to resettle them in the United States caused a political furor that the Obama administration did not want to aggravate. On Sunday, these four expressed a surprising lack of bitterness toward the United States, saying — as they had during interrogations years ago in Guantánamo — that they had never been anti-American and just wanted to get on with their lives.

“Before we were asking, ‘Why are the Americans doing this to us?’ ” said Mr. Abdulahat. Now, he said, with others nodding in agreement, “We have ended up in such a beautiful place. We don’t want to look back, and we don’t have any hard feelings toward the United States.”

Source, you ask?

The loving FAILING NEW YORK TIMES

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaha

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

GalacticAcid posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/962157803195568129

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

drat, even for nyt op-eds this is a real one

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when you definitely don’t rape children

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/962182878569283584

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jfc Bret Stephens is living, shambling filth

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
on the same page we have the failing ny times advocating for poor woody allen and advocating the small-town wholesomeness of g-bay

just stick it in my veins

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

gently caress bret stephens in the rear end. no lube.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

can we get bret stephons' opinion on joe paterno and harvey weinstein

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Opinion | What Was Really Seen In That Shower?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/RealTimers/status/962169131834359809

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

this is the right wing's whole thing, equating things that can only be equated on a level so abstract that it turns into "doing one thing vs doing other thing" without any context at all
it can't even be called shallow because shallowness implies you've at least entered the body of water while these guys just float above it

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
im shocked that something so obtuse and dishonest could have come from darth becky weiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer