Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

grack posted:

Lundqvist is 13th in the league in save percentage among goalies who've played 30+ games while having the highest cap hit by a significant margin. He also has the highest cap hit on the Rangers. It's not fair to say that Lundqvist is the only problem, but he's certainly a problem.

He's been routinely bailing the team out night in and out while facing 40+. I don't give a poo poo about his cap hit, he's not even close to a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

grack posted:

Lundqvist is 13th in the league in save percentage among goalies who've played 30+ games while having the highest cap hit by a significant margin. He also has the highest cap hit on the Rangers. It's not fair to say that Lundqvist is the only problem, but he's certainly a problem.

yeah their goalie who is in the top half of starters in the league in sv% ignoring shot quality metrics (the rangers’ are extremely bad) is bad

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

My team sucks rear end.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Reposting from a couple pages ago.

https://twitter.com/JapersRink/status/961340680227508224

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Barzal has 5 assists tonight. His third 5 point night of the season :aaa:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This is an eye-opening retro boxscore with Bertuzzi in a Red Wings uniform and oh wait this happened today? :psyduck:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

So... exactly what you expect from a team with a defensive core as lovely as the Rangers? I'm not claiming that Lundqvist is the whole problem (which I already pointed out), but he is *part* of the problem. Middle of the road stats are middle of the road stats.

grack fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 10, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

So... exactly what you expect from a team with a defensive core as lovely as the Rangers?

First in the Pacific.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please fire Ken Holland

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy loving :laffo: detroit

I dont' care that clutterbuck sold that like a gunshot. Bertuzzi was a loving moron and to give up 4 goals like that is hysterical

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DJExile posted:

I dont' care that clutterbuck sold that like a gunshot. Bertuzzi was a loving moron and to give up 4 goals like that is hysterical

Is this where I make the joke that it was Todd in a mask?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DJExile posted:

What happens to your PK% if you manage to give up 4 goals on a single powerplay?

Also lol at Detroit putting Abdelkader as the 6th skater after pulling the goalie and tying the game after he almost certainly interferes with Halak.

e: oh man, and then the Wings control the puck for nearly a minute straight in overtime, only get one shot, exit the offensive zone with the puck for no discernible reason, commit one of the most blatant too many men I've ever seen, and the refs decide not to call it for reasons. What a shitshow.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 10, 2018

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it's so hosed up that the biggest AV defenders are canucks fans who wish they still had him. it's been 4.5 years and nobody can heal CAS like Vigneault. the rags should fire him so he can come homefakehome and lead Brock and Bo to the top

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen/status/962130019857334272

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers are back baby

Hire AV

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

A Typical Goon posted:

I’ve literally never heard of like 5 of these guys and I think I follow hockey fairly closely
Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-bsTkkXVY

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Filip Chytil also gonna hit a point per game in the AHL as an 18 year old

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/962158778115330048

He's good.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

also

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/962168349944791040

he's Elite.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
It’s nice to see the Islanders getting their goaltending figured out.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

He's also the only rookie to do it 3 times in a season in the past 100 years

He is also cool

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Barzal gonna win the Calder y'all.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Dammit rangers you can’t even tank properly

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

OldSenileGuy posted:

Dammit rangers you can’t even tank properly

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

eXXon posted:

What happens to your PK% if you manage to give up 4 goals on a single powerplay?

By rule, a major penalty is calculated as the number of goals scored plus one. So that PP counts as 4 for 5.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I was reading about Tiger Williams raping someone and one of those targeted ads came up with this scrapbook of the 66-67 Oklahoma City Blazers that some guy is wanting way too much money for.

In looking at the pics of said scrapbook, I thought I saw a handful of signatures of relatively prominent people. So, I looked up the team. This surely is the most hall of fame and prominent hockey person laden minor pro team ever right? The goalies lol

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/ChartingHockey/status/962337465058119681

Let's Go Islaners!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Last night's game was good. It seems like the rookies made fewer defensive mistakes than the vets have been making. It was great to have Tony D and Johnny Gilmour moving the puck. For the first time this year, we saw a team that could move the puck around the offensive zone, and even recover if the puck left the zone. This is going to be some watchable hockey with these young guys.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
it seems like gilmour is possibly underrated as a potential nhl player

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So what exactly is NYI's problem? Bad D, goaltending, only really good at putting pucks in the net?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

iospace posted:

So what exactly is NYI's problem? Bad D, goaltending, only really good at putting pucks in the net?

their top-6 is exceedingly good and every other part of the team is extraordinarily bad

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Justin Bourne had an article on the Athletic that showed how they break down at the slightest bit of pressure and don't know how to cover people, don't know where to go positionally, don't know what to do in general when they don't have the puck. Now, either there are a lot of stupid players who don't know how to play the defensive system, or there's a stupid coach who doesn't implement a defensive system. This includes the forwards as well as defense.

Also Thomas Greiss has a .885Sv% which is terrible. But that's okay because Halak is picking up the slac- loving .905SV%

I mean, I guess it's hard for goalies to give a poo poo and/or stop pucks when the team defense is letting anything and everything happen in front of you. It's readily apparent that the Islanders are like a videogame where you pulled the defense sliders down so you got extra points to pump into offense.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SBNationNHL/status/962347621607182336

nice

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Nice

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

nice

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status/962355069298540544

huh, well then

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Great deal imo. Lars has really found his game recently. $3.5m is definitely not too much to pay for him assuming he keeps it up.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

fire bergevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

idk why in god's name you are giving lars eller 5 years, or why teams see a dude riding a hot streak and go "let's sign him up before it's too late!" they just gave him 3 more years than they needed to because he's got 6 goals and 11 points in his last 13 games with a 4 game goal streak in there

• Locked thread