Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Cool now the Caps just need to jettison Orpik.

Aye Doc posted:

idk why in god's name you are giving lars eller 5 years, or why teams see a dude riding a hot streak and go "let's sign him up before it's too late!" they just gave him 3 more years than they needed to because he's got 6 goals and 11 points in his last 13 games with a 4 game goal streak in there

He’s pretty good though. Like it’s not a great deal but the Capitals have like zero center prospects so if they are going to compete for the next few years it’s kinda just the cost of doing business.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nice.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/962341176077676544

That’s.....pretty white.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/99Reedballoons/status/962359301665886208

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Those are creepy.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
cool klan uniforms

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Those look horrible. I mean, more so than usual.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aye Doc posted:

idk why in god's name you are giving lars eller 5 years, or why teams see a dude riding a hot streak and go "let's sign him up before it's too late!" they just gave him 3 more years than they needed to because he's got 6 goals and 11 points in his last 13 games with a 4 game goal streak in there

28yo too. I mean, 3.5 isn't a big deal with caps going up, and he seems to be pretty consistently a good depth scorer? What line does he usually play on?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Canada, buddy, leave the shameless jingoism to us, OK?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Edward Mass posted:

That’s.....pretty white.

yeah, and so are the uniforms!!!!!!!!!!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Mind_Taker posted:

Cool now the Caps just need to jettison Orpik.

Feb 26 will mark the two-year anniversary since he scored his last goal.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Well dressing in nearly all white for a hockey game seems like way better camouflage than the gimmick military -inspired uniforms I've seen (like say the Brampton Battalion) so I'm all for it if it gets 2 precious points.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Rangers have recalled goalie Alexander Georgiev. Looks like Pavelec's injury will keep him out of the lineup.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Canada, buddy, leave the shameless jingoism to us, OK?

It's winter olympics season which means Canada is at peak jingoism

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zodijackylite posted:

Rangers have recalled goalie Alexander Georgiev. Looks like Pavelec's injury will keep him out of the lineup.

lets go the hartford wolf pack

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Just shy of a NMC for the Ken Holland Special.

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
Larry rules and is the only habs (and hockey) jersey I own.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
White gloves and numbers on the shoulders are both fads that need to go away post haste.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LumpyGumby posted:

White gloves and numbers on the shoulders are both fads that need to go away post haste.

white gloves own, actually

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Tyler Bozak gonna make bank in a few months.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

They're supposed to be an homage to Canadian Navy dress whites since the game is being played at a naval base. But I don't know how you look at that execution and say "yup, this is what we're going with."

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Malcolm Subban is hurt again :(

MAF please don't get hurt too I can't handle the Lagace ride again

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Lessail posted:

Malcolm Subban is hurt again :(

MAF please don't get hurt too I can't handle the Lagace ride again

I’ll be p worried if Vegas got hank, to be frank.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I don't mind the actual jersey but having everything white looks weird.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

They're supposed to be an homage to Canadian Navy dress whites since the game is being played at a naval base. But I don't know how you look at that execution and say "yup, this is what we're going with."

Should cover the uniforms in soot if you want to commemorate the Navy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Man imagine how good the Bruins would be if they had done the obvious logical thing and took Barzal with one of those three first round picks they had.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Imagine if the Devils had taken Barzal/Connor and McAvoy LIKE I TOLD THEM TO

DeBrusk is pretty good though and they kinda made up for it with the McAvoy pick. Kind of -- I can forgive not taking one of Barzal/Connor but both?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 10, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Imagine if the Devils had taken Barzal/Connor and McAvoy LIKE I TOLD THEM TO

DeBrusk is pretty good though and they kinda made up for it with the McAvoy pick. Kind of -- I can forgive not taking one of Barzal/Connor but both?

McAvoy was the year after and was the expected pick for that spot, he has nothing to do with that 3 pick year.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

I’m the Budweiser in the locker room cooler.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You guys think Veleno might have similar success to what Barzal is doing?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Sweeney is gonna look real stupid for passing on Barzal forever. DeBrusk at least looks like he'll be a top-6 guy, he's really good and should end up right around 50 points his rookie year, which is great but jeez. Barzal will end up with more assists than that.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You guys think Veleno might have similar success to what Barzal is doing?

Anythings possible but I doubt it? Admittedly he’s older but Barzal is having a better year than Matthews or Laine last season. Breaking a PPG as a rookie is super rare

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

McAvoy was the year after and was the expected pick for that spot, he has nothing to do with that 3 pick year.

Yeah, the dumb thing the McAvoy year was taking Frederic at 29, a guy who the Bruins hope can be a "Chris Kelly-type" player. Because that's what you go get in the first round.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

stab posted:

To be fair Gaudreau did score at a .75ppg his rookie year

Chambers had a rating of 1

ONE

IGN used to have an interview with Chambers about it. I say used to, because I can't seem to find it, and all the links to it just take me to IGN's homepage. I seem to remember he was pretty cool about it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aphrodite posted:

In that, they made up for two misses with a super hit. Getting a #1 D at 14 is massive. It's kinda like the Devils not being completely hosed because they lucked into Hischier and Bratt.

Those picks aren't happening in a vacuum, as bad as passing up on Barzal/Connor is looking for Boston, one draft isn't going to doom you if you come up with picks like McAvoy a year later (add getting Pastrnak at #25 a few years earlier and you can certainly afford to whiff).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 11, 2018

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

Those picks aren't happening in a vacuum, as bad as passing up on Barzal/Connor is looking for Boston, one draft isn't going to doom you if you come up with picks like McAvoy a year later (add getting Pastrnak at #25 a few years earlier and you can certainly afford to whiff).

Yeah 2015 wasn't great, but it was sandwiched between (I think) good years. In 2014 they picked up Pastrnak, Heinen, Bjork, and Donato (playing in the Olympics). 2015 they whiffed on Barzal, but DeBrusk looks good and they got Carlo in the second. McAvoy in 2016 was a home run. Taken as a whole I think most teams would be envious of those results over a 3 year period.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think the real consternation Bruins fans should have is giving away Dougie Hamilton for the right to reach for Senyshyn, he's not doing so hot in the AHL, you could have had Debrusk AND Barzal

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If Sweeney had his normal one pick a round he’d seem like a great drafter. It’s his extras where he goes loving way off board for some reason.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the real consternation Bruins fans should have is giving away Dougie Hamilton for the right to reach for Senyshyn, he's not doing so hot in the AHL, you could have had Debrusk AND Barzal

The Senyshyn reach was bad, especially considering the Bruins had three picks right around where he was projected to go in the second, but the absolute worst reach was Frederic. He was expected to be a fourth-round pick, and after selecting him at 29th overall the front office came out and said they expected him to be a third line player and emphasized his grit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/foxsportsfl/status/962494850426855431

https://twitter.com/tblightning/status/962496003285843969

This severely bonered my weiner.

• Locked thread