Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Seedge posted:

What changed about Doppler and Avallach? They're full Mill but I don't see why.

Avallac'h got doomed tag and doppler lost organic tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Thanks. Does that Doppler change affect much? I rarely see them played.

The PS4 version runs a lot smoother with this patch, especially cards that spawn others: Germain drops his cows instantly, instead of pairs.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Seedge posted:

Thanks. Does that Doppler change affect much? I rarely see them played.

The PS4 version runs a lot smoother with this patch, especially cards that spawn others: Germain drops his cows instantly, instead of pairs.

Makes it so Doppler can't be played with Herbalist. Which is unfortunate, but whatever.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Doppler is going to go from barely ever seeing play to never seeing play.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
oops, wrong witcher-related thread

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 11, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
As an fyi the game is pretty decent right now. I've been playing henselt NR featuring casting alzur's thunder 7 times per game, revenant foltest (not there yet imo), a Viper nilfgaard deck with Hanmarvyn's dream, eredin weather, a terrible scoiatel ciri nova scorch deck, and longships brann. The game was bad last patch but this one has been very enjoyable so far.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I tweaked my reveal deck and it's still very powerful (but doesn't feel OP like old dwarfs did). I also made a dwarf deck and it's still decent, although weaker than before.

This is all on scrub level though so things might be different at higher level.

Next I want to try this Yoana deck, looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8Re1zgt98

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Game is certainly in a better state now but I really hope we get some info about Thronebreaker or draft mode or something soon.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Estraysian posted:

Game is certainly in a better state now but I really hope we get some info about Thronebreaker or draft mode or something soon.

There's a dev stream tomorrow, which apparently is going to be the new game mode reveal.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

I tweaked my reveal deck and it's still very powerful (but doesn't feel OP like old dwarfs did). I also made a dwarf deck and it's still decent, although weaker than before.

This is all on scrub level though so things might be different at higher level.

Next I want to try this Yoana deck, looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8Re1zgt98
i don't really like create highrolls in general, but slave drivering into alchemist against reveal is pretty enjoyable. As is Hanmarvaning into their Vattier.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Hey I should post about things I want to happen more often!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqgWK0VORU

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Mobile app when

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Knowlue posted:

Switch version when

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This game's learning curve still must be vicious. There was so much that got me when I played a ton over the weekend. Some of the notables:

1.) Emhyr losing CA when I only had a mandrake in hand (not sure what I expected)
2.) Ermion drawing one then discarding two with one card in deck
3.) Malvena that stupid piece of poo poo when i played around Toruviel
4.) Resurrecting a single-use spy and trying to place it on my side
5.) Endless sequencing confusion especially around hawker smuggler

And many others that I've forgotten. If this game didn't have the suppress all emotes feature i'm not sure i would have survived.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Wave posted:

As an fyi the game is pretty decent right now. I've been playing henselt NR featuring casting alzur's thunder 7 times per game, revenant foltest (not there yet imo), a Viper nilfgaard deck with Hanmarvyn's dream, eredin weather, a terrible scoiatel ciri nova scorch deck, and longships brann. The game was bad last patch but this one has been very enjoyable so far.

i've been loving around with that but it felt bad, mind sharing your list? so far i've just been playing spellatell again, which i don't want to do for the whole season (even though it's likely one of the strongest decks this season and i know how to play it)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My list is bad. i was even running parasite. Wild Hunt decks with Iris are probably better.

Either way you can start with:
3x Drowner
3x hound
3x frost

frightener
jotun
monster nest

kayran
woodland spirit

Remaining 6 bronzes, 3 silvers, 2 golds, idk. I was playing crappy bronzes like bridge troll when archespore is probably just better. Wild Hunt rider is kind of bad but ok as a 1 or 2 of and you can put a reconnaissance in there.

Abaya is probably correct, morvudd is probably correct, scorch doesn't hurt because you're not playing anything big. But I was playing with giant toad olgierd which can just be free wins at lower ranks.

Caretaker and ge'els/royal decree are probably good golds. Better than the imlerith i was running for no reason.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Try something like this.

The gold/silver cards are pretty flexible but you definitely need Nova and Iris. Riders are necessary to get Iris off instantly. Caretaker lets you play her twice.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I had previously run Blue Dream with alchemy/slavery deck, but I found everyone kept every single gold for final plays. Ithlinne, meditation, xavier, isengrim: outlaw, or menno, vilgefortz, rainfarn, all saved until they absolutely had to play them, leaving me with a dud in hand sometimes. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Game is indeed decent. I've been having fun with swap'atael recently. I don't think it's not necessarily a tier 1 deck, but it's hard to say for me right now since I'm still in poo poo ranks playing other fellow poo poo players

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Another faction challenge, skellige vs scoiatel (the two worst factions). The rules are sane this time - you pick one before your wins start counting and get the border at 30 wins with the faction you chose (that's like 100 games!).

Are either of these factions actually fun right now? There's a ton of NR/Monsters/Nilf I want to play.

Movement scoiatel with Milva might be fun. But the skellige border looks better.

Edit: The terms say: the wins you get before selecting a winner will still count, but you have to choose one at some point to get any rewards. So you can experiment to see which you can bear getting to 30 wins.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 13, 2018

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Scoaitel is still viable. Short of being 4k you can make anything work with little to no effort. Shupe deck still viable, swap'atael has been doing work for me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No poo poo it's viable. The faction is completely busted.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Lol at this guy in ranked:

https://youtu.be/oDvnyLYuofg

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, I ran across one of those a couple weeks ago. I played a slave driver as the very first card of the game and literally nothing happened. I was very, very confused.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

No Wave posted:

No poo poo it's viable. The faction is completely busted.

Scorch spam is still "good" and still fun

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

No Wave posted:

Another faction challenge, skellige vs scoiatel (the two worst factions). The rules are sane this time - you pick one before your wins start counting and get the border at 30 wins with the faction you chose (that's like 100 games!).

Are either of these factions actually fun right now? There's a ton of NR/Monsters/Nilf I want to play.

Movement scoiatel with Milva might be fun. But the skellige border looks better.

Edit: The terms say: the wins you get before selecting a winner will still count, but you have to choose one at some point to get any rewards. So you can experiment to see which you can bear getting to 30 wins.

Had to go Skellige. It's definitely the less popular of the two, and it's weaker overall, but Pirate Captain is way too cool a title and the SK border is really cool looking.

I didn't even know you had to pick a faction. I busted out five wins with SK and then just logged back in to pick one under the news tab. Hopefully they still count, I know it says it in the terms but I'll probably do 35 just to make sure.

pink flag
May 16, 2009
I made a weather Skellige deck for the faction challenge. Threw in every card that spawns weather along with axemen, whalers and Nivellen. It's not very good but it is fun.

Here's hoping for more moonlight/blood moon cards in the next update. I've tried playing with the "good" vampire and beast cards but they're few and far between. Regis: spooky mode is a cool card in theory but is only good against Henselt and will actively gently caress you over against bear spam. Not sure why they neutered ekimmara like that either, cruel.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just played 10 games and 9 were against Elves.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

The only thing card gamers do faster than complain about netdecks and worst-state-the-game-has-ever-been-in is actually netdeck.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Various Meat Products posted:

Try something like [url=https://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/40000-eredin-breacc-glas#3:4:2;576:1:1;4004:1:1;4036:3:1;4114:2:2;50031:4:1;50034:3:1;50076:1:1;50090:2:2;50093:1:2;50102:4:1;50197:3:1;50244:3:1;50303:2:2;50336:1:1;50390:4:2;50391:4:2;50405:1:2;]this[/url].

The gold/silver cards are pretty flexible but you definitely need Nova and Iris. Riders are necessary to get Iris off instantly. Caretaker lets you play her twice.

No Wave posted:

My list is bad. i was even running parasite. Wild Hunt decks with Iris are probably better.

Either way you can start with:
3x Drowner
3x hound
3x frost

frightener
jotun
monster nest

kayran
woodland spirit

Remaining 6 bronzes, 3 silvers, 2 golds, idk. I was playing crappy bronzes like bridge troll when archespore is probably just better. Wild Hunt rider is kind of bad but ok as a 1 or 2 of and you can put a reconnaissance in there.

Abaya is probably correct, morvudd is probably correct, scorch doesn't hurt because you're not playing anything big. But I was playing with giant toad olgierd which can just be free wins at lower ranks.

Caretaker and ge'els/royal decree are probably good golds. Better than the imlerith i was running for no reason.

thanks, i'll play around with these and see what happens.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
even with the faction challenge going i boot up the game, look at sk cards, feel depressed, and close the game. what does this faction have going for it :negative:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think i had a 20% winrate in casual over a lot of games last night. Does that mode have an mmr? Or will I be facing card-for-card gwentdb top 50 lists forever no matter how much i lose?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I've only ever faced the finest decks in casual. No idea if there is MMR or not.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

it uses a hidden mmr, so there's literally no reason to play casual over ranked unless you need to take a break from finishing the grandmaster grind or something by throwing games

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

jesus christ after three hours of brainstorming deck ideas I give up on SK. there is literally nothing here to build off of, too many random broken synergies.

the entire faction is buoyed by a 22 point gold that just got nerfed, and bearmasters....... which also got nerfed. loving yikes.

wishlist of random buffs it desperately needs
- an craite goes back to dealing 1 damage, then strengthens by 3 instead of 2.
- swap the abilities of dimun and an craite longships
- re-merge priestess and corsair, and if this isn't going to happen then either buff the pay off for resurrecting units or don't try and shoehorn synergy between soldiers and machines that need rezzes to be effective (looking at you, greatswords)
- a look at golds that got hit by the butterfly effect of priestess nerfs, mostly cerys and lugos.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Minrad posted:

it uses a hidden mmr, so there's literally no reason to play casual over ranked unless you need to take a break from finishing the grandmaster grind or something by throwing games
I was hoping it was a separate mmr like in hearthstone so that if I played bad enough decks I'd eventually hit a 50% win rate. Progress is slow.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I thought the mmr system was cool because I got so much free stuff for winning 40% of my games, but I'm not so sure now. If you're able to climb with a 20% win rate, doesn't that mean that some players will get stuck at a rank where they're only winning 20% of the time? And won't that be miserable for them? It seems like there will be a huge number of people stuck at 3900. Hearthstone has win streaks until rank 5, which has a kind of similar effect, but you'll still have a 45% or so winrate at the rank you get stuck at pre-5.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Whenever I play casual I get matched up against even bigger tryhards playing perfect netdecks. There doesn't seem to be any reason at all to ever play that mode besides not having access to ranked yet.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I saw somethjng sort of neat that I lost to horribly. It was a francesca scoiatel list that played ciri dash turn 1, francesca turn 2, saesenthesis blaze turn 3. Then it played op scoia minions and buffed ciri with mandrake and mahakam horn until it lost the round.

Then i took the CA round 2, and lost R3 to a 41 point ciri dash and shupe.

So i've been trying to do the same thing with King Bran with Stregobor/Yoana in there. Problem is skellige minions just aren't as good and not having Mahakam horn is rough. Also having iris' companions and royal decree should theoretically let me get blaze consistently, but not having a blacklist can makes not drawing any of them more likely than you'd think.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

well, my verdict on the latest balance pass: it's dogshit, create is still garbage, and the upcoming arena/draft mode looks totally uninspired. at least thronebreaker might exist some day, in the mean time slay the spire is fufilling all my card game needs until mtg:arena or artifact reveal if they will be worth playing or not.