Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

A bunch of contrived changes to the now six-minute clock for repairs, any five roster pit crew members being allowed over the wall to repair a car, speeding on pit road to beat the pace car resulting in 15 seconds of lost repair time, as well as drivers being held two laps instead of parked for too many men over the wall in the process of trying to repair the car can be found here: https://twitter.com/bobpockrass

TL;DR:

NASCAR has released the following guidelines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Why are lot of people going to discord's NASCAR page/site/forum? What's the appeal? I mean, what's the difference between discord and SA, which is a place all of us helped create and maintain?

I'm seriously curious because I don't know anything about discord.

Discord is a platform like IRC but you can post pictures inline. There's one that KidC started for SASCAR. That's all.

edit this is what it looks like

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 9, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/vincewelch/status/962079659276972032

I was expecting a jersey number on the back of the shirt/firesuit.

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
In as Derrike Cope Has A Charter

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/vincewelch/status/962079659276972032

I was expecting a jersey number on the back of the shirt/firesuit.

Why not. It'd run off the 4 remaining sponsors NASCAR hasn't stolen.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
ARCA is at 4:30 on FS1

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FOX redid their scoring graphics to be more in line with the current package used for the NFL/NHL and it is very, very :effort:.

And by that, I mean it's awful. It's the same vertical bar they tried to put in place a few years ago only worse and it takes up a decent chunk of the screen.

e- GMS got Austin Cindric's owner points from last year:
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/961981667912159233

:ironicat:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 10, 2018

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The fox football graphics are tight as hell so I'm on board with this

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

The fox football graphics are tight as hell so I'm on board with this

The football and NHL graphics are tight.

https://twitter.com/BaseballBalks/status/962354469047554048

That is not. It's nice-looking, but it sucks functionally. I bet it gets changed.

e- We were waxing nostalgic the other night watching the '96 ARCA race from Daytona about how much we enjoyed ESPN's old scoring pylon. If they shrink it to that (Car number, driver name or manufacturer or speed/interval, it'd be awesome, but if it's going to take up a chunk of the screen, I hate it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 10, 2018

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Kind of reminds me of the pylon that F1's been using for their coverage.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

The football and NHL graphics are tight.

https://twitter.com/BaseballBalks/status/962354469047554048

That is not. It's nice-looking, but it sucks functionally. I bet it gets changed.

e- We were waxing nostalgic the other night watching the '96 ARCA race from Daytona about how much we enjoyed ESPN's old scoring pylon. If they shrink it to that (Car number, driver name or manufacturer or speed/interval, it'd be awesome, but if it's going to take up a chunk of the screen, I hate it.

I still cant believe that the car that was basically built out of Bondo only lost 2 laps once it got going in an ARCA race at a super speedway with basically no cautions.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm filling out a lineup for the new Fantasy game- there are no A, B, or C Lists, but the entire field is up for grabs every week. Pick 5 plus a bench driver who can be swapped into the race later. :rip: grasping at straws on the C-list once you used the few decent drivers. (I don't know if the strategy play is to pick probable winners or make your own A/B/C lists and pick drivers from there.)

Bonus categories are polesitter, Stage 1 and 2 winner, race winner, and winning manufacturer.

e- Danica just said she saw the 10 on the pylon and thought they were fast, then remembered she's the 7. Laughing with, not at. :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 10, 2018

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- Danica just said she saw the 10 on the pylon and thought they were fast, then remembered she's the 7. Laughing with, not at. :lol:

I remember this happening to (I think) Kahne like 15 years ago in a Busch race. The #9 got black-flagged and he radioed in asking what he'd done.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm filling out a lineup for the new Fantasy game- there are no A, B, or C Lists, but the entire field is up for grabs every week. Pick 5 plus a bench driver who can be swapped into the race later. :rip: grasping at straws on the C-list once you used the few decent drivers. (I don't know if the strategy play is to pick probable winners or make your own A/B/C lists and pick drivers from there.)

Bonus categories are polesitter, Stage 1 and 2 winner, race winner, and winning manufacturer.

Are there picks for stuff like the clash or just points races?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

Looks like they fixed that little issue, she's now entirely non-suspiciously fastest.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I kinda want to pull for the 24 again so I think my problem the last couple years was entirely Chase Elliott-based.

big nipples big life posted:

Are there picks for stuff like the clash or just points races?

Points races only.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: IT IS TIME FOR :lol: ARCA GO WATCH ON FS1! THEY CAN'T MERCY CUT IT SHORT THIS YEAR BECAUSE THERE'S NO CLASH TONIGHT! :siren:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: IT IS TIME FOR :lol: ARCA GO WATCH ON FS1! THEY CAN'T MERCY CUT IT SHORT THIS YEAR BECAUSE THERE'S NO CLASH TONIGHT! :siren:

Update:

ARCA went and ARCA'd

And then the leader crashed getting out of his pit

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

I kinda want to pull for the 24 again so I think my problem the last couple years was entirely Chase Elliott-based.

Points races only.

I'd much rather root for Elliot than the Liberty University fuckhead

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/GeoffreyMiller/status/962469990518657024

e- Kevin Lee: "Cup qualifying is tomorrow at Noon, so we're clear until then."

:thurman:

e2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 11, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
#ARCADeathRace2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I tuned in like an hour ago for the last 10 laps. arca af

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
In non-ARCA news, Ryan Preece took this ride over the fence at Bronson Speedway today:

https://twitter.com/speed51dotcom/status/962460504521433088

He's ok but will need to prep his backup car for the New Smyrna World Series

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I did a search on Casey Atwood tonight (watching a Junior video brought it up), and came across this on reddit:

kpstormie posted:

I'll give a firsthand account of the whole Evernham/Gillett merger...it was by far the worst deal ever made and cost many people, including my dad, his job there.

It all started in 2007 when Ray Evernham got divorced. The ex-wife wanted about 80% of what he had (money-wise) - she won! That put Evernham Motorsports at a huge disadvantage, as they lacked the proper funding for anything. The first massive round of layoffs was soon to come.

Ray announced the merger with George Gillett, everyone thought it was all good. But little did they know that with the merger came a deal where everyone lost. Gillett ran the team, not Evernham. Gillett drove the team into the ground.

By 2009, the poo poo hit the fan. The Gillett's had ran the team into the ground by now. Sure, the team was called Richard Petty Motorsports, but the Gillett's owned EVERYTHING. They owned the rights to Richard Petty's name and likeness, everything with the team, and essentially could care less about anything but money.

After the Petty's bought out the team from the Gillett's, they now had full control of the team (Evernham was gone at this point), they moved the team from the huge 3 building complex in Statesville, NC (I can get pics of the shop for ANYBODY to show you guys how much of a shithole it is now. Hell, I'll get picks of the abandoned shop for you guys if you would like. I live not 10 minutes from the old Evernham shop and BK Racing...) to the Roush complex in Concord in the start of 2009. This was mainly due to the team switching over to Ford because of Dodge's lack of funding.

My dad worked for Evernham Motorsports as the Head of the Electrical Dept. from 2001 to 2008, then he got hit by one of the layoffs. He was out of work for about 2 months I belive. I remember on Christmas Day in 2008.....he got a call from the shop (now Richard Petty Motorsports), and they wanted him back. But he was to perform setup pn Sadler's 19. It was a job, he took it, and is currently working on the 43 car doing setup.

My dad, as well as many current and former Evernham employees, have expressed their hatred fro Evernham and the Gillett's, that whole thing was a fiasco from the start. Glad the Petty family owns the team now with Medallion Financial (they sponsor the 9 of Ambrose), the place is a much better place to work at without idiots running it.

TL;DR: My dad used to work for Evernham, got layed off, and was re-hired when they became RPM. Tells the story of the Gillett/Evernham/Petty merger from his point of view.

On the subject of Atwood, Mayfield, Sadler, Crocker, and other drivers like Paul Wolffe (the same one that's Brad K.'s crew chief!) and Scott Riggs, Evernham has screwed a number of them over, some were his doing, others happened due to the driving.

Casey Atwood is self-explanatory, just read the article. Jeremy Mayfield (one of my most favorite drivers ever...shame NASCAR hosed him over....I knew him personally and he was NOT A DRUGGIE!!) was decent, but never really was a driver. If he had a car capable of winning, he'd take the chance. Other than that, he never did much. Cool guy though. Sadler....ugh. That man wouldn't EVER drive the car unless it was what he wanted....my dad did the setup on the 19 for him in 2008 and 2009, he was sure glad once Sadler left the team. The guy was just a dick to all the crew members. Erin Crocker had the talent, but she just didn't have the right equipment or always had bad luck. Shame, she was doing pretty well in the ARCA series in 2005. As for Paul Wolffe, we know his story. In 2005, Evernham hired him to run their Busch car. Guy was a talented driver, but Evernham didn't have very good Busch equipment at the time. He left to become a crew chief and it was for the better.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Double post.

And that interview led me to this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I like F1's scoring pylon, and wish all racing series used it. That horizontal scrolling poo poo is weak af.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reynold posted:

I like F1's scoring pylon, and wish all racing series used it. That horizontal scrolling poo poo is weak af.

F1's works because it's a small field. Indy can get away with it, dunno if they could with the 500, though.

NASCAR would have to do the 10 ten and then scroll the "next 10" among the field throughout the race. It could work, but it wouldn't be the same.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

F1's works because it's a small field. Indy can get away with it, dunno if they could with the 500, though.

NASCAR would have to do the 10 ten and then scroll the "next 10" among the field throughout the race. It could work, but it wouldn't be the same.

That's what Fox is doing with their new pylon.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Yeah a vertical scroll even would be an improvement for fields of 20+.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

exploded mummy posted:

That's what Fox is doing with their new pylon.

Alright, I haven't had a chance to tune in yet (yesterday we were slammed during the race so I didn't have time to pause and change the channel)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Alright, I haven't had a chance to tune in yet (yesterday we were slammed during the race so I didn't have time to pause and change the channel)

it takes up like the left quarter of the screen

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I saw the pictures

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Watching Kahne suck poo poo last night at Volusia made my heart happy.

Also, David Reutimans 76 year old dad won the LCQ for UMP modifieds, and I'm pretty sure he ended up finishing 10th in the main to qualify for Monday's finale.

The week and a half before Daytona has so much more exciting racing than actual Daytona.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
"Clash"... right.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Every year they're like "you gotta wait till the last lap" but it never loving WORKS

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

https://twitter.com/StenhouseJr/status/962809355082063872

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Stenhouse throwing some shade.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

Stenhouse throwing some shade.

So is Dale Jr. Go look that up on your own, though, because just when you thought ARCA couldn't get any better:

https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/962448406856785921

This is it. Peak ARCA.

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

CBJSprague24 posted:

So is Dale Jr. Go look that up on your own, though, because just when you thought ARCA couldn't get any better:

https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/962448406856785921

This is it. Peak ARCA.

God bless Nick. He shitposts only the toppest quality NASCAR news. https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/962814159166607361

DEMAG fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22417989/could-nascar-sale

quote:

America's premier stock-car racing series has been controlled by the France family since its founding in 1948. But as NASCAR's 70th anniversary season opens with this weekend's Daytona 500, it comes amid rumblings over what the future could hold for the sanctioning body and its major track operators: International Speedway Corp., also controlled by the France family, and Speedway Motorsports Inc., controlled by the Smith family.