Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lmao if you aren’t screaming at your family 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

nachos posted:

lmao if you aren’t screaming at your family 24/7

Are you my upstairs neighbor?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my wife and I have only had like three arguments in the past year of our marriage so I feel like we’re doing pretty good as a team

she’s also my backseat driver for the Yakuza series, and she is very upset that we’re only 1/3 of the way through 0 in the past three months or so of playing it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I love omelets, they are probably the perfect dish. I used what felt like a decadent amount of butter that I had to wash my face afterward.

I should probably get some work done today but I will probably end up playing some MonHun in between the all-day stream of Overwatch playoffs

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
We made a breakfast bake this morning. Then we cooked something to eat :420:

But we really did make a breakfast bake. Biscuits on bottom, layered sausage, cheese, and eggs with homemade white gravy on top, then baked for 35 minutes. It's good and last us three days, but it's also probably 1000 calories a serving but I'm already fat as poo poo so bring it on.

Also played more Skyrim. Woo weekend video games.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Made some banging chow mein and resuming my 2018 quest of completing these old rear end games. Demon's Souls still good, I don't know what kept me away for so long. Deadly Premonition getting loving weirder and frankly York is an oddly chauvinistic goon. I almost get a Duckman vibe from him except his rantings are about movies and morbid cases instead of mid-90s conservative talking points.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

York is the best

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

chumbler posted:

I think Kingdom Hearts 2 still has that title.

Let's not forget that he had a mermaid phase.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

my wife and I have only had like three arguments in the past year of our marriage so I feel like we’re doing pretty good as a team

she’s also my backseat driver for the Yakuza series, and she is very upset that we’re only 1/3 of the way through 0 in the past three months or so of playing it

fights are a sign of a healthy relationship

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

that's what the straights want you to think

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fights in relationships are normal but you know you're in a good relationship when the fights aren't even about anything serious and both people come away from it fine and not angry.

I remember KCB and I having a fight once, our first big fight, and you wanna know what it was about? It was about the lyrics of a song in an episode of hey arnold. I remembered it going one way, she remembered it going the other way, we fought back and forth on it til we got back to my dorm and I looked it up on youtube. We were both right. lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah I saw that episode of How I Met Your Mother too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you never leave your apartment you never have to get in arguments with people. get on my level

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
TV taught me that when a couple has a no holds barred verbal fight it ends in some very angry sex.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

if you never leave your apartment you never have to get in arguments with people. get on my level

Actually, you're wrong!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

There's wisdom in these words.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm a gamer not because I don't have a wife, but because I choose to have many

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm a gamer not because I don't have a wife, but because I choose to have many

Reminds me of one of my favorite gaming memes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

yeah I saw that episode of How I Met Your Mother too

Never seen it, joke's lost on me sorry. Though KCB and I met in a very generic romcom style way so I assume that show is a romcom kinda thing

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

that's what the straights want you to think

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Reminds me of one of my favorite gaming memes

My hero is a man who blurts out the n-word live on stream because he is frustrated at someone in a video game :lol: gamers were a mistake

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

drat, Nintendo. Ease up a bit.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
my gf and i never had any arguements ever until we bought a house 😁😁😁😁😁

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

chumbler posted:

drat, Nintendo. Ease up a bit.

CREAM

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

Its taking an enormous amount of self-control to keep practicing my art instead of just saying "gently caress it" and loading up Subnautica instead. I haven't been that addicted to a game in a long time. It scratches so many of my itches.

this but monster hunter world. i'm supposed to be finishing an album

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i feel extremely underleveled in witcher 3, what am i doing wrong?

e: also i can't be the only person who hates weapon durability, i think it's the dumbest and most busyworkest thing in all of nintendos

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 11, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

once you get over the hump of getting more than one or two skill slots you’ll go straight from feeling weak to overpowered incredibly fast (around level 12-13ish).

you have been equipping skills right

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah i'm equipping skills but i just got out white orchard at lv4 and i'm running into lv9 ghouls that ruin my poo poo on normal :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you want to power through higher level enemies than you, throw on quen and aard the ghouls until they fall over and you get an instant kill. if you’ve got the delusion axii upgrade that’ll work for bigger guys. otherwise you gotta do story missions, they’re the ones that give you experience points

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I have liked weapon durability in exactly two games, Breath of the Wild and Apotheon, both games make it clear up front that weapons are literally meant to be thrown away (usually in the face of your opponent).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if they’re alghouls, a type of ghoul, they’ll literally grow spikes that both hurt and stun you if you whack them, you gotta axii them to get rid of the spikes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

I have liked weapon durability in exactly two games, Breath of the Wild and Apotheon, both games make it clear up front that weapons are literally meant to be thrown away (usually in the face of your opponent).

I never did finish Apotheon, is it worth it? I loved the art style but the gameplay seemed very meh from the first hour or so I played.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

yeah i'm equipping skills but i just got out white orchard at lv4 and i'm running into lv9 ghouls that ruin my poo poo on normal :v:

You are in the hardest part of witcher 3. Just do any quests that are at your level, and accept that if you explore you're randomly gonna run into crap that is too high level for you. Eventually you will have the opposite problem where you'll have to hunt around for anything that actually poses a challenge, especially if you get the blue skills

al-azad
May 28, 2009

precision posted:

I never did finish Apotheon, is it worth it? I loved the art style but the gameplay seemed very meh from the first hour or so I played.

It has one of those weak linear intros before you get to the more open style design, but if you weren't feeling it by the time you finished one of the main quests (usually killing Apollo) then it probably won't click for you. I also intentionally started on Hard because it's one of those games like Nier A or Horizon where the difficulty never really keeps up with your increasing arsenal so you have to manually ramp up the difficulty to feel like you're being challenged.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

I got 2/3rds of the way and had enough the style is cool but the gameplay wasnt doing it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Digirat posted:

You are in the hardest part of witcher 3. Just do any quests that are at your level, and accept that if you explore you're randomly gonna run into crap that is too high level for you. Eventually you will have the opposite problem where you'll have to hunt around for anything that actually poses a challenge, especially if you get the blue skills

as it turns out there proponents for every color of skills, and it means that scientifically once you get to level 12 or 13 regardless of your skill selection things get easy

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The White Dragon posted:

You only get proper exp for leveling up from doing Main Story Quests and those are always suited for whatever current level you are. Contracts, Side Quests, and others should be done at your own pace and mostly for the flavor.

Also, look for the Griffin Set Schematics - hit every vendor you see on your way and make it your priority to buy those -, you're still a bit way off from being able to equip it but get on that as soon as you hit the suitable level.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah unless you’re running mods seeking out a witcher set you like and crafting it is the way to go because not only do they have better stats than most random drops but you can upgrade them as you level up so they render most weapon/armors moot

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also you can just sidestep infinitely never forgot that. they’re like bloodborne sidesteps but with a gajillion more invincibility frames and you can do them forever

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cowcaster posted:

I get in far more arguments on the internet than I do in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

yeah unless you’re running mods seeking out a witcher set you like and crafting it is the way to go because not only do they have better stats than most random drops but you can upgrade them as you level up so they render most weapon/armors moot

As someone who likes to see set after set of new gear on my characters in games that reflect it visually, this sort of thing terrifies me.

What sort of monster would cut short the fashion game?

• Locked thread