Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Alright time to derail.

Why would Leslie get in she is super insecure and often acts really selfishly.

Yes she does good acts but going by the stringent standards expressed I don’t see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
She does phenomenally good acts, on an increasingly wider scale as time goes on. Like on a global level by the end. Considering how small her acts of pettiness are and how massively she shoots for the stars in doing her best, Leslie with that type of power would be racking up points crazy.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
If someone from Parks & Rec is getting into the 'Good Place' I think you all know it's going to be Jerry, I mean Larry, no, GARY. Gary is constantly helping others simply because he is a good person.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Garry would accumulate a ton of points, more than enough, but whoever is gatekeeping heaven would hate him for no reason and probably not let him in.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How many points does having the largest penis your doctor has ever seen earn you for the Good Place?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hanales posted:

Alright time to derail.

Why would Leslie get in she is super insecure and often acts really selfishly.

Yes she does good acts but going by the stringent standards expressed I don’t see it.

I mean Mindy would've gotten in had she not died when she did. Good acts done for the right reasons still outweigh other negative points.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

GobiasIndustries posted:

How many points does having the largest penis your doctor has ever seen earn you for the Good Place?

"Hey Bad Place, we're sending you this Larry guy cause we can't find his records for some reason. Oh, and you're going to need a bigger flattener."

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I mean Mindy would've gotten in had she not died when she did. Good acts done for the right reasons still outweigh other negative points.

She also does good things out of spite though. And many of the things that worked out for her worked out in spite of her behavior, or due to the other people in her life making up for her flaws.

I will argue this all day!*

*not really :)

E: thinking about it I cannot think of any tv characters that would make it. Not even from cartoons. Obviously that’s kind of the point but it’s an interesting exercise.

hanales fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 10, 2018

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Like her flaws are tiny and her reach was massive, she could probably have committed several genocides and still came out ahead on points.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

hanales posted:

E: thinking about it I cannot think of any tv characters that would make it. Not even from cartoons. Obviously that’s kind of the point but it’s an interesting exercise.

Fred Rogers :colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

howe_sam posted:

Correct.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

howe_sam posted:

He's not actually human but semi-divine so it doesn't count.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

howe_sam posted:

There Bias Two posted:

He's not actually human but semi-divine so it doesn't count.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I have to believe there's an extra special worse Bad Place set aside for the folks from 'Seinfeld' and 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.'

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

hanales posted:

The Doctor :smug:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Argue posted:

The Doctor :smug:

Nah, the Doctor has killed people. He’s amazing, but he’s no saint.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The_Doctor posted:

She's basically immortal at this point so it doesn't really matter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Heaven would bore them anyway!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Taking into account all the stupid timey wimeyness they get into, I would think the Doctor's point score would turn out to be like... a complex number.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What about Jim, from According to Jim?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

What about Jim, from According to Jim?

The character, or like, Jim Belushi? I mean, they're both Bad Place, but it's good to know which you were thinking of.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Speaking of the doctor, what about Doogie Howser?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

If someone from Parks & Rec is getting into the 'Good Place' I think you all know it's going to be Jerry, I mean Larry, no, GARY. Gary is constantly helping others simply because he is a good person.

-5,000,000 points

Edit: For reference:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 10, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

-5,000,000 points

Edit: For reference:

Comic Sans is just a font, though, and nobody sane gives a poo poo about those.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

if you truly believe this, when you die i can guarantee you are going to go to helvetica

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

howe_sam posted:

He's Michael but from an actual Good Place.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You're dead to me,

person I've never met and have no real investment in

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Something I noticed on a rewatch: every time Janet gets rebooted she changes outfits.

Which further implies like five more unannounced offscreen resets in ep 2. :allears:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

hanales posted:

April, although she gets angry and keeps telling the architect of her Good Place that no she didn't and to shut up whenever he praises all the good results she caused on Earth.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

April would totally ask to be sent to the Bad Place. Or maybe her Good Place is just a Bad Place with a bunch of Good Place actors playing demons.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I was curious about Eleanor's search history:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I found the show because someone was retweeting an account called "no context good place" and it made me laugh enough that I decided to pick it up. It's really good and I'm glad it's on Netflix!

Now this question has sort of been answered earlier on. In the Medium place I thought the programme Mindy watched on TV to explain the Medium Place was Adam Scott and Ted Danson but someone said it was a woman who wasn't in the show otherwise.
Is that right? Does anyone have a screenshot? Fast forwarding through Netflix is tedious as gently caress and I can't find it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yes it is a random good place woman, since Adam Scott's character hits on her at the end

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It couldn't be Michael as we know in retrospect that Mindy's stuff is real, and Michael isn't from the Good Place. That woman is the only actual Good Place representative who's appeared on the show so far.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

He's saved the entirety of reality. I can't even imagine the amount of good points that'd get you.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Davros1 posted:

He's saved the entirety of reality. I can't even imagine the amount of good points that'd get you.

Smugging it up with Rose: -400,145 Points

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
He treated Mickey like poo poo because he was in the way of the Doctor getting attention from Mickey's girlfriend, that's classic Bad Place behavior.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Only an idiot would defend the actions of Dr. "Doctor" Who, the unbearable space maniac.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly I think the Doctor would either get a Medium Place or just make the system segfault

human morality gets... wonky when you apply it to immortal non-humans, as we've seen with Michael

e: like, I would think the sheer number of points and negative points he's gotten and the non-linearity of them would SERIOUSLY gently caress the system up if it's in any way automated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Clearly the Doctor goes to the Wibbly-wobbly place.

• Locked thread