Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Noel was a trade they didn't draft him.

They told NOLA who they wanted, so yeah, they did pick him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

euphronius posted:

They traded for him before the draft finished, it counts (they also drafted trash MCW in the lottery that year thanks for reminding me.)

I love watching Sixers games, but my point is that tanking is harder than it looks and the Thunder got insanely lucky and still couldn't win a title

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Three Fallen Heroes and Cameron Bairstow

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sorry for being correct :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IMB posted:

They traded for him before the draft finished, it counts (they also drafted trash MCW in the lottery that year thanks for reminding me.)

I love watching Sixers games, but my point is that tanking is harder than it looks and the Thunder got insanely lucky and still couldn't win a title

Maybe wait until Simmons and embiid are 25 before judging . Idk.

Fultz is def a wash but they still have the MCW pick in play.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

IMB posted:

the thunder got lucky by who was available but presti drafting well and the staff developing isn't luck

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

Yeah I feel like there was this weird expectation that the team would jump from top five picks right to title contention for some reason and no matter how hard you Process you're probably gonna lose in the first round once or twice before you go to the Finals

The Sixers will probably be fine unless Embiid dies

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Having these sentences next to each other without any irony is insanely my poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I see what you are saying but chuck knoblauch disease is terminal

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is MCW still in the league? I totally forgot about him.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

euphronius is my prefered insane sixers fan

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Libertine posted:

Is MCW still in the league? I totally forgot about him.

on the Hornets.

crazycello
Jul 22, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Anyone ever have a slowdown problem with reddit NBA streams when connecting their laptop to their HDTV? I bought a used TV and now when I connect it via an HDMI cable, it's choppy. But when I unplug it, it runs perfectly on my laptop. When I connect my laptop to the TV to watch DVDs, YouTube, or downloaded movies, it works fine.

FWIW it worked fine on my previous TV. So I thought that was the problem, but other videos work just fine. It's just streams that don't.

Try switching browsers. I get the same issue when I stream in chrome to my tv but Microsoft edge works fine. I'm sure there's some sort of chrome setting that is responsible but I can't figure it out.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't think Fultz is a poobrain just yet but this whole situation playing out in the media has been not great

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

I see what you are saying but chuck knoblauch disease is terminal

I still believe in my boy Markelle. God will show him the path. #F2G

At least we can agree that Ben and Joel are good and our friends

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They aren't doing him any favors

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when the Cavs got Deron and people were saying he was one of the best post trade deadline waiver pickups?

Still more points scored in the Finals than Chris Paul

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

euphronius is my prefered insane sixers fan

I like all of them except for when they tell me to suck off Touchdown Tom and gently caress off

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/961430696190345216

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I like all of them except for when they tell me to suck off Touchdown Tom and gently caress off

Kiss him on the lips. Minimum 5 seconds

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Kibner posted:

on the Hornets.

This makes sense. Now that I think about it, I don’t know if I have watched a Charlotte Hornets game since the 1990s.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

my apologies

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

i mean that kinda owns tho and in some way you know you deserve it being from new england

e: i have re-read the exchange and my only problem is he reused the same joke 3 times and didnt phrase it like you did

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 11, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

redgrendel2001's day job right here

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I just watched Anthony Davis block or redirect like 30 points of shots in the last 20 minutes or so of game. I saw him possibly get a finger on a midrange jumper (he mighta had like 3 more blocks than he was credited with) then he turned around and caught the airball jumper under the basket. The Nets started throwing throwing everything 50 feet in the air to try to get around him. He's so god damned incredible

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

euphronius posted:

I'm not judging, they're both awesome. I'm just saying that tanking and drafting is so hard that even when you get the right guys they can still end up injured and with weaknesses. I'm not taking shots at the Sixers, I'm saying the Thunder's rebuild went insanely well and they still screwed it up.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

He's def right about Jingles

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IMB posted:

I'm not judging, they're both awesome. I'm just saying that tanking and drafting is so hard that even when you get the right guys they can still end up injured and with weaknesses. I'm not taking shots at the Sixers, I'm saying the Thunder's rebuild went insanely well and they still screwed it up.

They should have def won in 2016

That poo poo was wild

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

i mean that kinda owns tho and in some way you know you deserve it being from new england

e: i have re-read the exchange and my only problem is he reused the same joke 3 times and didnt phrase it like you did

Maine is innocent. We just fish, bub. Ayuh

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Ben Simmons needs to...........................................................simmon down

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

EvanTH posted:

I just watched Anthony Davis block or redirect like 30 points of shots in the last 20 minutes or so of game. I saw him possibly get a finger on a midrange jumper (he mighta had like 3 more blocks than he was credited with) then he turned around and caught the airball jumper under the basket. The Nets started throwing throwing everything 50 feet in the air to try to get around him. He's so god damned incredible

Isn't he still kinda not good on defense despite getting alot of highlight blocks tho?

hitze posted:

Ben Simmons needs to...........................................................simmon down

I'm embarassed for you and myself for having read this :saddowns:

Simmons is a solid, above average starter on a decent - goodish team, which is super impressive for a rookie, and he appears to be a lock to become a perennial all-star type of player. In the future. That doesn't make him an all star player right now tho, not on the level where an MP for his home country needs to lodge an official protest when he isn't selected.

The B_36 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 11, 2018

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

EvanTH posted:

it'd be true for the lakers if it wasn't true for the thunder

Lakers Playoffs Advanced 2003
BPM Leaders:
1 Shaquille O'Neal - 8.0 ( :wth: )
2 Derek Fisher - 3.2
3 Kobe Bryant - 2.3 (because of negative BPM)

WS/48 goes Shaq Bryant Fisher but Fisher and Bryant are separated by .001

Lakers Playoffs Advanced 2008
BPM Leaders
1 Kobe 6.8
2 Pau 5.0
3 Fisher 3.9

This is great, I wish BPM had been popular when I was arguing with poor Sisyphus here.

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 11, 2018

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/GrantGoldberg/status/962517295300984834

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Davis is actually good on defense and had been for a couple years now.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man I can't wait to watch how the Cavs do tomorrow

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/962522830658260992

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IMB posted:

After 3 years they were in the playoffs and after 5 they were in the finals.

The Sixers have done an extended Thunder tank, and got Noel (trash,) Okafor (trash) Embiid (beast, missed two years,) Simmons (beast, missed a year and can't shoot) and Fultz (dead idiot.)

After five years they're a .500 team in the east.

I'm helping drive the "Eastern Team without a home court playoff series shouldn't have 2 all-stars" bus, but in the NBA you would not expect a team at the age of the 76ers to be much better than where they are. NBA is not NFL, guys don't come into the league and immediately be difference makers. Most "good" rookies may be putting up stats but usually are missing a bunch of stuff on both sides of the ball that actually get you W's (there are exceptions, but its pretty rare and usually low usage athletic wings).

Embiid is starting to climb that hill and that's why the 76ers are a positive point differential team. For all the amazing stuff Simmons does (and he does do amazing things) if you watch the games you'll see him take many possessions to puzzle out defenses and get turned around on defense enough to see why they probably aren't going to make it out of the first round (though they'll have a punchers chance.)

Comparing them to the 2010 Thunder team that got beat in 6 to the Lakers in the first round is probably pretty fair. Remember that team was one year removed from Durant and Westbrook "leading" the team to a 23 win stinker of a season.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

chunkles posted:

lmao bobby buckets

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/962382115219394560

Joe Johnson is old but was playing ok as recently as last season so it seems like a fine use of bobert's roster spot

So let's be clear here, the rockets are paying harden/pauls #1 wingman so they can all keep hanging out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The B_36 posted:

Isn't he still kinda not good on defense despite getting alot of highlight blocks tho?

This wasn't highlight blocks, this was more like holy gently caress this guy can reach any ball that comes within 15 feet of him and opposing players are rightfully terrified to do anything at all near him, dribble or shoot. The dude had a god damned Sphere Of Influence and he was shutting down whole sections of the floor. Maybe the 6 steals is the more telling stat?

But by the end of the game it was clearly the wrong idea to try a shot if he was defending. He was visibly altering shots all over the floor. I've never ever seen a 7 footer close out like he does.

Also thought Acy defended him incredibly well on the inside, but god damned AD still looks like the guy who holds almost every PER by Age record

• Locked thread