Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

As someone who likes to see set after set of new gear on my characters in games that reflect it visually, this sort of thing terrifies me.

What sort of monster would cut short the fashion game?

afaik the non-witcher equipment fashion in these games extends to "chain mail with different countries' emblems printed on" so it's not as bad as it sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just wore the starting armor the whole game cause everything else was ugly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

win

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just go left or right Leon

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Man, they could have done a better job with this SotC remaster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive! posted:

Lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Olive! posted:

loving lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i have literally no memory of that being in the game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

How could you forget???

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lizard Wizard posted:

As someone who likes to see set after set of new gear on my characters in games that reflect it visually, this sort of thing terrifies me.

What sort of monster would cut short the fashion game?

if it helps upgrading the armors also makes them fancier looking

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Olive! posted:

:yeah:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

precision posted:

Sound like it might be time for a replay of timeless masterpiece Resident Evil 4.

For those of us who do remember, pour one out for Mike...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mike :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I put on a brave face vis a vis video game characters but Mike's death rocked me to my very core

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpHAmMPgBo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Olive! posted:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
RE4 is so much a treasure. Like Chris, sure he can punch a boulder, but he's no match for pun/ line quipper Leon.

edit: In non RE news, holy poo poo Celeste Side B Summit was a jerk. I died 500 times. Goddamn do I hate spikes.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 11, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it felt like there was a bunch of resident evils between when leon was introduced in 2 and when he showed up in 4, the first really good resident evil. it felt like a hail mary pass that worked

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
excuse me but resident evil 2 was really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

As was 1 and Zero, and REmake.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Colonel posted:

for its time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

for its time

i played through re2 for the first time last year and it owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

it felt like there was a bunch of resident evils between when leon was introduced in 2 and when he showed up in 4, the first really good resident evil. it felt like a hail mary pass that worked

He was in Resident Evil Gaiden, which explains that canonically the Leon Kennedy from RE2 died on a cruise ship and the Leon Kennedy in RE4 is a parasitic clone manufactured by Umbrella as a sleeper agent.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[leon voice] Where's everybody going? Heh....bingo?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

He was in Resident Evil Gaiden, which explains that canonically the Leon Kennedy from RE2 died on a cruise ship and the Leon Kennedy in RE4 is a parasitic clone manufactured by Umbrella as a sleeper agent.

that definitely sounds like a resident evil game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo!!!! I was missing the annual HNK tourney when i was playing RE4...godddammit!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also the winter olympics are going on in case anyone missed that like i did

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

so when did everyone at capcom decide to forget this game existed for the greater good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

so when did everyone at capcom decide to forget this game existed for the greater good

probably like 4 months before it came out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean i’ll happily go to bat for awesome games that have aged like dogshit in a hard winter like thief or ss2 or deus ex but the original few resident evils don’t hit my qualifications

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
don't worry about it, it's Resident Evil Side Story

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it’s called “RESIDENT EVIL: NON-CANONICAL SIDE STORY”

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

i mean i’ll happily go to bat for awesome games that have aged like dogshit in a hard winter like thief or ss2 or deus ex but the original few resident evils don’t hit my qualifications

i don't think resident evil 1 aged well and the english release of re2 probably didn't either but i played the gc version of re2 with auto aim and i thought it was a genuinely fun more actiony take on old-school resident evil

it's worth noting that like. the original ps1 version of re1 was kind of hosed up because it cut out auto-aim and the game was really built around having that

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

In Training posted:

I thought you were just making a joke. Boy was I wrong.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

meanwhile resident evil 6 had a parasitic clone of ada manufactured by not umbrella as a sleeper agent so who are we chastising here

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the "I only watch curling and biathlon" olympic meme

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the ps1 version of re2 is drat good, i genuinely love the the stilted action combo of navigating crowds and such without getting hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

meanwhile resident evil 6 had a parasitic clone of ada manufactured by not umbrella as a sleeper agent so who are we chastising here

Spoilers dude...im only up to 4. but after this i have to play *checks wikipedia* The Umbrella CHronicles and The Darkside Chronicles

• Locked thread