Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

So let's be clear here, the rockets are paying harden/pauls #1 wingman so they can all keep hanging out

It’s good to know your opinion didn’t change in those few hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
By most metrics Davis is a really good defender now. Obviously not in the "Can Make a Defense Good By Myself", but he's been working with the worst wing defense in the league.

By eye test EvanTH is right, when he is on he is a terror.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I like this?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He Sixers we're going to trade a 2nd for him but Memphis hosed everything up

This is i guess better but the sixers will end up having to sell picks again so whatever

It's good to have more shooters.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://streamable.com/hpiku

:stare:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/962527133745733632

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/962533136130347008

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I read the jersey as #41 and was like holy poo poo dirk what the hell man

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
IT is so bad at defense

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Justin Jackson. Bad at basketball and bad at cutting promos
https://twitter.com/Golden1Center/status/962177661421301760

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Glumslinger posted:

IT is so bad at defense

Seriously he's not even jumping!

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

holy poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

IT is so bad at defense

It's a shame because I can see how he fits offensively. But this team doesn't have enough consistent shooting to compete even at a crazy pace if they don't also play at least mediocre defense and at least right now it doesn't look like that's the case with him on the floor.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

the dunk is so good it almost overshadows that beautiful touch pass from DSJr

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Did Bobby kill a Wizards player tonight or something?

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Dexo posted:

Did Bobby kill a Wizards player tonight or something?

He cruelly murdered greatest all time Czech Tomas Satoransky. Now the Wizards are literally out of point guards and will have to sign *checks notes* Derrick Rose? Goddammit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kg_holler/status/962526090123243521

lmao he got ejected for that.

Bobby can't help that some wimpy euro tried to come strong to the hoop and couldn't stay upright when he got the poo poo blocked out of him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bobby is the greatest scourge to european players since kevin garnett pretended to be

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Bobby uses right hand against a Euro.

It's super effective!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The B_36 posted:

That doesn't make him an all star player right now tho, not on the level where an MP for his home country needs to lodge an official protest when he isn't selected.

I think the MP was actually using Aussie pride in our athletes doing well overseas to make a larger point about how we should stop treating refugees awfully.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/962550835308675072

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Ehh I'm a huge baby about these sorts of things, and yeah that's a flagrant 2. Intention has 0 to do with it, mens rea don't matter to a referee*. One of the reasons NBA is the best sport is that the athletes are encouraged not to attack each other and they don't get severe head trauma so your favorite stars don't lose the ability to feel joy and live in a confused angry fog until they shoot themselves in the chest at age 43 to preserve their brains for proof against the league that ruined them as human beings. Doesn't matter that he gets ball because there's a solid elbow to the head there and it's like a clear-path foul--huge penalty but the game's better because you have to go out of your way to avoid doing things like that, which makes the game more watchable anyways (dunks are better than concussions).

*I hadn't thought about this before, but is this because it's fair to be neutral, or because "it gave me competitive advantage in a high-stakes pro basketball game" is such an easily provable motive that it can be assumed true?

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
What's the Fultz drama about? I've watched most of the games this season but haven't really watched pre-game or read liberty ballers or any news this season.

Like, I get he hasn't played, but I am used to that by now.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spoke Lee posted:

What's the Fultz drama about? I've watched most of the games this season but haven't really watched pre-game or read liberty ballers or any news this season.

He has completely forgotten how to shoot a basketball for seemingly no reason despite being healthy

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spoke Lee posted:

living martyred saint sam hinkie's strategy of redshirting freshmen to gun for a "technically a" rookie of the year award was abandoned with the new drafted class and it may have permanently injured their top prospect who was acquired in a potentially humiliating trade with the team they barely beat in the super bowl

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It feels like Fultz should just be shut down for the rest of the season officially at this point. It seems like a chicken/egg situation re: his shoulder and his hosed up jump shot but either way he really needs some time to just get right. Getting constantly hounded by reporters probably isn't helping anything re: his confidence either.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
i phrased that silly but firing Sam Hinkie who was into year three running the Theo Epstein Method and replacing him with a short-term-profit-lovin management tool who gets to take credit just as all Hinkie's long-term strategies begin to pay off does kinda seem like bad management on PHI's part

Epstein took over the Cubs for the 2012 season, they had three losing seasons in a row, turned in a great winning season in the 4th year, won it all in the 5th

If Hinkie was in charge they'd acquire LeBron in the offseason and win it all but he's not so they won't.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Your top two scorers are lamarcus aldridge and Kyle Anderson"
*screams silently, awakening from the nightmare*

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

EvanTH posted:

Doesn't matter that he gets ball because there's a solid elbow to the head there

I dunno, most plays with contact to the head where the player wasn't trying to get him in the head don't end in a flagrant 2

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Intent doesn't matter and blows to the head while a player is midair seem to fit the bill http://videorulebook.nba.com/rule/flagrant-foul-penalty-2/

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also Bobby Portis looks crazy and has a history of dangerously violent headshots

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

JoeCL posted:

He cruelly murdered greatest all time Czech Tomas Satoransky. Now the Wizards are literally out of point guards and will have to sign *checks notes* Derrick Rose? Goddammit.

lol. *Scott Brooks looks at notes* "Ah, let's see what Derek's up to"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also Bobby Portis looks crazy and has a history of dangerously violent headshots

Even when he's smiling- or maybe especially when he's smiling you get the uh-ohs Arkansas bar brawl incoming.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

They lost by 10.

What it takes for this sorry Suns team to get up for a game is podcast beef

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/962722606095908864

Will Barton is really good on the podcast too

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 11, 2018

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

IMB posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffSkversky/status/962363313802838021

The Sixers make me (a dumb Thunder fan) so sad for what happened re: the Harden trade.

The Thunder tanked hard for a couple years and literally hit every pick (Durant while dodging Oden bomb, Westbrook at 4 was considered a reach but he turned into an MVP and we dodged Rose, Beasley, Mayo, and then oh hey why not draft Harden too. Also Ibaka was a late first round crapshoot pick in the Westbrook draft.)

After 3 years they were in the playoffs and after 5 they were in the finals.

The Sixers have done an extended Thunder tank, and got Noel (trash,) Okafor (trash) Embiid (beast, missed two years,) Simmons (beast, missed a year and can't shoot) and Fultz (dead idiot.)

After five years they're a .500 team in the east.

The Thunder should have won a title but they hosed it up, which is probably what I deserve.

They're a .500+ team with a rookie PG who looks like young larger Magic, and a 2nd year player who looks like young larger Hakeem. That's actually really good. Young players are bad in the NBA. Rookies are very very bad. For your OKC comparison, when KD was a 2nd year player and Russ was a rookie, OKC won 23 games.

They're really loving young man, they won't be .500 next year. Again, go to your OKC comp, and see the quantum leap they made from KD's 2nd to 3rd year, and Russ's rookie season to 2nd year. Players that young aren't supposed to be good. If the Sixers even finish .500 this year, which looks pretty good to happen, they're ahead of schedule, if they win 45 and make the playoffs, loving look out. They are going to be so good next year.

You are wrong, The Process is right.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/jacobjbg/status/962740100156178433

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I feel like the internet didn't realize how short IT was until he became a laker.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I feel like the internet didn't realize how short IT was until he became a laker.

Are you for real? This poo poo's been going on for years

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

its just extra comical because dirk is a giant basketball golem

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dirk had his first dunk of the season last night, soaring four or five inches off the ground to throw one down

He will as a result miss tonight's game against the Rockets with an ankle injury

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And IT has exposed himself as kind of a dick rather than the underdog scamp so its being made fun of more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

the_american_dream posted:

And IT has exposed himself as kind of a dick rather than the underdog scamp so its being made fun of more

Yeah there were plenty of photoshops involving IT and Lebron from last year's playoffs but they were a lot more good natured. Now everyone hates him

• Locked thread