Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

binge crotching posted:

If the refill was good for another dog though, I'd be all over that every time.

Just buy another*. Even at $3 you’re probably paying half what you’d pay at even a cheap fast food joint.

*You probably shouldn’t buy another, though. They’re large. One is enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Just buy another*. Even at $3 you’re probably paying half what you’d pay at even a cheap fast food joint.

*You probably shouldn’t buy another, though. They’re large. One is enough.

Granted I'm a lot taller and wider than the average goon, but I usually order 2 because 1 leaves me hungry in 90 minutes or so. Case in point, it's been 2 hours since I had one and I'm already starting to feel hunger pangs again.

It is a ton of sodium though, so I know I should eat something different.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

binge crotching posted:

Granted I'm a lot taller and wider than the average goon, but I usually order 2 because 1 leaves me hungry in 90 minutes or so. Case in point, it's been 2 hours since I had one and I'm already starting to feel hunger pangs again.

It is a ton of sodium though, so I know I should eat something different.

I’m 6’6” and one hotdog leaves me full for hours. PBUC

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I'm at the church today to stock up on groceries before 10" of snow hits this weekend and tithe for one slice of pizza, a hot dog, and two drinks is only $4.32. PBUC

Kirkland died for our sins.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bloodplay it again posted:

I'm at the church today to stock up on groceries before 10" of snow hits this weekend and tithe for one slice of pizza, a hot dog, and two drinks is only $4.32. PBUC

Hey 10" snow buddy :hfive:. Mine starts in a few hours.

I could use one of dem dogs.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I too went to church today, just because I had some time to kill and was going to top off the tank. Nope, gas lines out to the road... first time I've seen that at mine. Then I remembered Snowmageddon was coming, tonight.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Meydey posted:

Sam Walton was moderately acceptable, most of his Sam Club ideas he stole directly from Sol Price and Price Club. Price Club is where Jim Sinegal got his start.
The Walton descendants can go gently caress themselves though. They suck.

Seriously if you ever want to read about the birth of warehouse stores and Costco, read the Sol Price book: https://www.amazon.com/Price-Retail-Revolutionary-Social-Innovator/dp/0988680602
Jim Sinegal wrote the forward. I am still kicking myself that I did not buy it while it was in the warehouse as Jim would sign it if you caught him out and about.

Actually Saint Sinegal started at FedMart you loving heathen. Costco and Priceclub operated independently of one another until their merger in 93'. Most of the original Costcos in Mexico and Canada were originally Priceclubs

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hey 10" snow buddy :hfive:. Mine starts in a few hours.

I could use one of dem dogs.

It was delicious, as always. The pizza was a lot better than I was expecting, too. Might get one to go towards the end of our next trip. Everyone talks about how big them dogs are but the pizza slice I got was like 1/4 of an entire pizza for 2 united states dollars. When the total came up to $4.32, my girlfriend said "can we get a hot dog, too?" and the guy (Father Jeffrey, praise be) said "you want two hot dogs?" Food hasn't been this cheap since the early 90's.

I spent about 20% of the entire trip waltzing up and down the booze aisles, looking for that 3 pack of whiskey, but no dice. Either my local store Church didn't have them or it was only valid last week... BUT

the Baked Lays were on sale for the same price as Sun Chips. I am stocked for this next week. Now I am going to eat an apple pear, a fruit that I did not know existed 2 hours ago.

PBUC

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Pizza from the food court is pretty solid, not amazing, but incredible value. However, the Costco pizza you get in the refrigerated section is... not very good.
The pro move is to order a whole pizza from the food court to take home.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

It was delicious, as always. The pizza was a lot better than I was expecting, too. Might get one to go towards the end of our next trip. Everyone talks about how big them dogs are but the pizza slice I got was like 1/4 of an entire pizza for 2 united states dollars. When the total came up to $4.32, my girlfriend said "can we get a hot dog, too?" and the guy (Father Jeffrey, praise be) said "you want two hot dogs?" Food hasn't been this cheap since the early 90's.

I spent about 20% of the entire trip waltzing up and down the booze aisles, looking for that 3 pack of whiskey, but no dice. Either my local store Church didn't have them or it was only valid last week... BUT

the Baked Lays were on sale for the same price as Sun Chips. I am stocked for this next week. Now I am going to eat an apple pear, a fruit that I did not know existed 2 hours ago.

PBUC

Apple pears (Asian pears) are awesome

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Whooping Crabs posted:

Apple pears (Asian pears) are awesome

You're absolutely right. They are delicious. Thank you Chinese railroad workers who planted them in the Southwest.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah the pizza slices are pretty nuts. I have lately been going straight cheese slice. They put twice the cheese on as they do their combo slices IIRC. No skimping at Costco!!! PBUC.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Got a bunch of cheapass local Honeycrisps the size of fuckin softballs

PBUC

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Latest Costco discovery: the vending machine with 50 cent bottles of water.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Someone needs to make a version of this site with Costco-related images.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Peachfart posted:

However, the Costco pizza you get in the refrigerated section is... not very good.

Shun the unbeliever

Shunnnnnnnn

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Latest Costco discovery: the vending machine with 50 cent bottles of water.

Uh the machine sells bottles of water for 25 cents at my Costco, in the food court

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Peachfart posted:

However, the Costco pizza you get in the refrigerated section is... not very good.

The amount of pepperoni they put on these pizzas probably makes it a better value than just buying pepperoni on it's own. There's a solid pound of pepperoni, if not more. You can take half of it off the pizza before cooking and save it for later and not miss anything.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Renegret posted:

Shun the unbeliever

Shunnnnnnnn

I've never tried the Costco frozen pizza, but I can readily believe him when he says it's bad. I've never found a frozen pizza that was actually good, the best you can hope for is filling while tasting only slightly like freezer burn and cardboard.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Anybody ever bought appliances from the 'Co? Good or bad experience?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco frozen pizza is actually very good. It's doubly good if you add more cheese.

I also really like their Shepard's pie for a not very healthy but quick and tasty dinner.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Renegret posted:

Shun the unbeliever

Shunnnnnnnn

Nah dude, he's right, not only does it not taste anywhere near as good as the cafeteria, it just tastes completely off and terrible in general

I got that one that's covered in pepperoni and different types of cheese thinking it would be good and took it home and baked it and I think for the first time in a long time I couldn't finish a pizza beyond a single slice, it was absolutely awful

love everything else at Costco but their refrigerated pizzas are v bad

PBUC

(someone get me some more dungeness crab too when they have a chance too, tia)

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Whooping Crabs posted:

Uh the machine sells bottles of water for 25 cents at my Costco, in the food court

Same, but inside, not at the FC.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Math You posted:

Actually Saint Sinegal started at FedMart you loving heathen. Costco and Priceclub operated independently of one another until their merger in 93'. Most of the original Costcos in Mexico and Canada were originally Priceclubs

Correct, my mistake. He started at Fedmart, but was a VP for The Price Company from '79 until leaving in '83 to open the Seattle Costco.
Fun fact: Costco 401, San Diego, is the original Price Club store. Before that it was an airplane hanger owned by Howard Hughes.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Renegret posted:

Shun the unbeliever

Shunnnnnnnn

The deli pizzas suck

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

he who insulteth the take-and-bake pizza for eight dollars and ninety nine cents, shall have his membership revoked and turned away at the door, for in his heart he never was a true believer of the 'co

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

Anybody ever bought appliances from the 'Co? Good or bad experience?

Just bought appliance for my mom. Price was good, warranty (2 years plus 2 for Costco credit card) is good, delivery was alright but it’s through a third party. They dented the fridge door. Costco is replacing it at no charge, white glove service for pickup of the dented one and drop off of the new one, obviously also free of charge.

Remains to see if the appliances themselves hold up but they’re a “good” brand (mid-high end samsung) and have excellent reviews at other review sites as well as Costco.com.

We ordered them when we did because of a rebate FYI so it may be worth holding out until that comes around again.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

he who insulteth the take-and-bake pizza for eight dollars and ninety nine cents, shall have his membership revoked and turned away at the door, for in his heart he never was a true believer of the 'co

Isn't the entire pizza from the food court $9.99? Seems like a no-brainer to just get that one instead. Go to Papa Murphy's if you want a take-and-bake.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Blessed be unto the cafeteria

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I hath confession. While I standeth in line at the hour of lunch, I felt anger at the unemployed and downtrodden getting to be ahead of me. A wretched thought was conjured, "Perhaps Costco shall allow the workers to skip ahead!"

But soon I realized the sin. The hot dog combo with free refill is for all walks to life to partake.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

This is Australia where everything is twice as expensive.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is Australia where everything is twice as expensive.

PBUC M8

naem
May 29, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I hath confession. While I standeth in line at the hour of lunch, I felt anger at the unemployed and downtrodden getting to be ahead of me. A wretched thought was conjured, "Perhaps Costco shall allow the workers to skip ahead!"

But soon I realized the sin. The hot dog combo with free refill is for all walks to life to partake.

Take and wash your garment in water; you shall be unclean until sundown

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Isn't the entire pizza from the food court $9.99? Seems like a no-brainer to just get that one instead. Go to Papa Murphy's if you want a take-and-bake.

But I'm at Costco.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Kiranamos posted:

But I'm at Costco.

So spend an extra buck to get the delicious pizza made in a pizza oven.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

made in a pizza oven.

Hah, no.

A machine-made pizza put on a conveyor belt is not a pizza oven.

Source: I have a pizza oven. The whole point is that it gets really, really hot in order to cook a pizza in under a minute, which also incidentally makes the crust delicous. Not that Costco food court pizza has a crust. It's more like a focaccia bread with toppings, which is fine for its purpose and delicious in its own right for what it is and price point.

If you tried to cook a Costco pizza in an actual pizza oven, it wouldn't work. The temperatures would burn it WELL before you finished cooking the giant piece of dough.

The food court pizza is miraculous for the calorie/dollar ratio, and for that it can be praised. Let's not go insane and start acting like it's good pizza.

Taima fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 11, 2018

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pizza that tastes good is good pizza.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Pizza that tastes good is good pizza.

A refined and nuanced perspective worthy of your good name, friend.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Costco pizza rules, and I’ve been to frank pepe’s

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taima posted:

A refined and nuanced perspective worthy of your good name, friend.

Duck fat is good too. Put it in your mash potatoes. I don't think Costco carries it though.