Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Crazycryodude posted:

OTOH I already have a metal spatula and a stiff object on hand in my kitchen right now instead of having to go to the hardware store and buy/find storage space for a trowel I will only ever use for one specific thing .

Sweet. I already have what I need to make good burgers too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

God drat it stop being reasonable I'm trying to start a flamewar about pointless internet differences

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Crazycryodude posted:

God drat it stop being reasonable I'm trying to start a flamewar about pointless internet differences

Hambugers are sandwiches. Therefor hotpockets are a type of burger and burgers can be poptarts.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Burg condiments belong on the bottom bun. Cheese should be melted on top of the patty and a second slice placed underneath. :colbert:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Casu Marzu posted:

Burg condiments belong on the bottom bun. Cheese should be melted on top of the patty and a second slice placed underneath. :colbert:

Cheese should be melted in a pan and the burger patty smeared around in it

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Brawnfire posted:

Cheese should be melted in a pan and the burger patty smeared around in it

what no

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Should cheese be sliced or grated? I feel like grated gives a better melt, personally, but it's one extra thing to clean afterward.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

A good burg cheese like American or Swiss or Provolone or Brick should melt just fine sliced.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The cheese should be frozen and put inside the patty

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Casu Marzu posted:

A good burg cheese like American or Swiss or Provolone or Brick should melt just fine sliced.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cheese should be burned then grated onto the bun

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

All components of a burger should be deconstructed before serving.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A bun-stuffed cheese patty between beefs

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Donut holes ground and used as a panade with 93/7 beef, formed into hot dog-shaped tubes, poached gently in water until well done and served in a bowl of cheese soup.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Got a BBC at Getta burger. From their description - "Double beef patty, double cheese, bacon, fried mozzarella sticks, cream cheese, pickles, white onion and “That BBQ Sauce”."

Also got a Crispy Bacon and Cheese (plus avocado) at Grilld last week which was pretty good with zucchini fries

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
You're a loving spastic for eating at grilld

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

They underpay staff and pretend to be healthy.

That first burger you posted looks great

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Big Willy Style posted:

They underpay staff and pretend to be healthy.

Wait, you think anyone in this thread is concerned with being particularly healthy in their burg time?

And yes, they underpay staff, but so do a huge number of small and large businesses here but I'll still go to lunch with my friends there if they all want to go there and there's nothing else nearby.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Also lol at having a social conscience about pay conditions and simultaneously calling someone a "loving spastic".

Big Willy Style posted:

You're a loving spastic for eating at grilld

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

That was pretty ableist of me

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
pizza steel fukkin owns i dont need cast iron for poo poo any more

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sliders and mashed potatoes. I don't know why the mashed potatoes, that's what the wife wanted.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Sliders and mashed potatoes. I don't know why the mashed potatoes, that's what the wife wanted.

Not seeing a downside here. Good grub, and a happy wife.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

BraveUlysses posted:

Sexy lookin meat, if ever I saw some

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Samizdata posted:

Not seeing a downside here. Good grub, and a happy wife.

Gonna roll the leftovers into little balls, dredge in egg and roll in breadcrumbs then deep fry.
Fried mashed potato balls. gently caress yeah.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Gonna roll the leftovers into little balls, dredge in egg and roll in breadcrumbs then deep fry.
Fried mashed potato balls. gently caress yeah.

Hells yes! If she doesn't eat it, I am over for leftovers!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

BraveUlysses posted:

Holy poo poo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

That reminds me, anyone got advice on what equipment to use for smashburgers? Last time I tried it with just a big aluminum pan and a spatula and it was unwieldy. I've got another spatula that might be shaped better but I feel like I'd bend it to hell pressing down hard enough.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Also I was afraid of warping the pan if I got it hot enough before I put the burgers on.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That reminds me, anyone got advice on what equipment to use for smashburgers? Last time I tried it with just a big aluminum pan and a spatula and it was unwieldy. I've got another spatula that might be shaped better but I feel like I'd bend it to hell pressing down hard enough.

you need a metal spatula with no holes in it and you just use something sturdy on top (i use a metal potato masher) to press down on it so as not to worry about bending your spatula

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Pizza steel over a propane burner outside, and this big fuckoff spatula.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AQAYKC/

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
This is the one I got, it's pretty drat solid.

Update International Extra-Large, 16-Inch Long, Grill Spatula, Turner Spatula, Barbecue BBQ Spatula, w/Cutting Edge, Solid Stainless Steel, Riveted Sm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K8ATL2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_TSmYVrblXKARW

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I think this time I'm gonna try a cast-iron pan and smash with a rolling pin on a small no-handle flat-bottomed pot (I don't have any spatulas that would reach past the relatively high edges of the pan)

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I think this time I'm gonna try a cast-iron pan and smash with a rolling pin on a small no-handle flat-bottomed pot (I don't have any spatulas that would reach past the relatively high edges of the pan)

dude, just buy a decent spatula.
It will change your life.

Also I tried smashing with the bottom of a very well seasoned cast iron pan and it worked, but it was messy. It's also really hard to gauge your smash.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LGPR3-...dge+grill+press

This is my smashy friend

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

dude, just buy a decent spatula.
It will change your life.

Also I tried smashing with the bottom of a very well seasoned cast iron pan and it worked, but it was messy. It's also really hard to gauge your smash.

Yeah I'd like to, I just don't have time before the burgers tonight.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Is there anywhere cheap I can get one of them nice steel griddle slabs to put over a gas stovetop?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Is there anywhere cheap I can get one of them nice steel griddle slabs to put over a gas stovetop?

unfortunately all the good ones are expensive it looks like :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Jeb! Repetition posted:

they're expensive but totally worth it...especially if you get one that has the groove around the edge on one side to catch all the grease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof