Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

LLJK Goon Crew Sign-up -- Discord -- Steam Community

How do i get started from $0 to make money

Step 1: run heists as an associate until you can afford a high end apartment, avoid pubbies if possible(they're all literally 8 years old)
Step 2: run heists as a host from your high end apartment until you can afford a CEO office
Step 3: run CEO activities from the interaction menu until you can afford an I/E Car warehouse
Step 4: Source cars for your I/E warehouse until you have one 32 cars, only sell high end cars, don't go over 32 cars, it will only source high end cars at that point. Run CEO activities in the cooldown.
Optional: Buy a buzzard, which makes it free to call right next to you in the CEO menu to make everything quicker/easier
Optional: You will eventually need a bunker, it can make a small amount of income while you're doing other things
Optional: Find a group to run through the 5 old heists all in order for a $1,000,000 all in order bonus and a $1,000,000 Loyalty bonus. Do it without a single death for a $10,000,000 mastermind bonus.

When to buy:

Office: as soon as you can to access lucrative CEO work and enable
Car warehouse: after you have a CEO office to access I/E work, the highest paying solo work in the game
Crate warehouse: When you get bored of I/E work and want a variety of missions that pay okay. Or if you want to level.
Bunker: When you have $1m+ to invest in passive income or when you have $3m and want to start getting into weaponized vehicles
Biker Clubhouse: When you have $500k+ to invest and want to be able to spawn a motorcycle beside you.
Biker businesses: When you want to burn money for boring missions.
Facility: When you have 4 people who want to go through the Doomsday heist with nobody to host it, or when you have $5m+ and want to buy the Jetpack or Avenger
Yacht: When you have $8m burning a hole in your pocket and want to destroy it in the most meaningless way possible.

How do i?

Buy a bunker/clubhouse/Hanger/Facility: Mezebank foreclosures websites in your phone. Each type has a different icon.
Buy a Car or Crate warehouse: Through the laptop at your desk in your CEO office
Mug somebody: After level 50, call Lamar
Lose the cops: Call Lester
Set a bounty: Call Lester
Send AI attackers after somebody: Strike team in the facility or call Merryweather
Get out of the middle of nowhere: call Merryweather for Boat(water) or Helicopter(land) pickup
Kill a Hydra: Shoot it with the heavy sniper, explosive ammo takes fewer shots
Kill an Oppressor: Use a Deluxo, or hydra, stay above it's height limit until you can get the jump on it.
Kill a Deluxo: Use a Stromberg which fires similar missiles but takes more hits. Use the minigun to remove the driver
Kill a tryhard: Ignore them

Leveling
-Level up quickly with the CEO office and 4 crate warehouses by sourcing and then selling 1 crate for each warehouse. It's around 2500RP per source and 5000RP per sale
-Flying: Do the flight school to rapidly increase flying skill
-Stealth: Go into stealth, rig up your controller/keyboard to sneak in circles, take a nap
-Strength: Play golf or tennis. Start a mission that disables the police, go to the beach, punch anything with a face
-Stamina: buy a bicycle, bike everywhere for a while.
-Lung Capacity: buy the scuba suit, wedge yourself under something underwater, take a nap.
-Race wins for paint jobs: Find someone to trade wins with doing 1 lap of Criminal Records

Tips

-Buy the heavy armor outfit and a bulletproof helmet, put them on and store it as an outfit. You can wear this on heists for lower bullet damage
-Buy an Armored Karuma to make Missions/Heists easier. If you start a heist and everybody else is getting into one, so should you
-Stay stocked up on snacks and heavy armor, use them on heists in cover when your health/armor is low so you don't die.
-Buy ammo in the inventory menu, this can be done on heists and such as well, doesn't work for some MK II special ammos
-Don't be rambo on heists. It's a team sport, don't keep trying to do it all yourself
-Find the double action revolver after getting the first clue sent to you and perform 50 headshots on anybody(NPCs included) for a $250k bonus which helps a lot early.
-Banking money doesn't really do anything but lower the amount you lose when you get mugged. If you still want to do it, it can be done on the mezebank website in your phone
-Make the Oppressor your favorite motorcycle by driving it a lot to make the missiles do more damage
-Ignore modders. If you get money from them, spend it on stuff before it gets taken away. If you get a lot, buy expensive cars you can sell when you need money
-Having a weapons locker in the MOC, Office, Yacht, or Avenger will allow you to remove weapons from your inventory in freeroam only
-Play Funnel Derby and Hunting Pack with goons to have fun in the game
-If posting a gif from imgur, change the file extension to .mp4 so as not to kill the thread
-Don't take anything Powershift, Zigmidge, or coupedeville say seriously, they've been playing this game for far too long and it has broken them.

You cannot remove weapons once you've purchased them. You can hide them with a gun locker in free roam, but if you buy all fittyleven pistols, you'll have to scroll through them while driving on heists and missions to get to the right guns.

Best Weapons:

Pistol: Heavy Revolver for 1 shot, AP Pistol for shooting while driving. Don't buy other pistols, they only clog your inventory
SMG: SMG MK II with the heavy barrel
Machine gun: Combat MG. If you have the MOC/Avenger convert it to MK II with the heavy barrel. Special ammo is depleted too quickly
Shotgun: Assault shotgun on foot. The sawed off can be used while riding a motorcycle. Pump shotgun with explosive ammo is powerful up close.
Sniper Rifle: Heavy Sniper MK II with the heavy barrel and thermal scope. Explosive ammo can be handy to take down hydras but severely limits your ammo capacity
Assault Rifle: Special Carbine MK II with the heavy barrel.
Minigun: You'll catch a lot of poo poo from tryhards for using this to gently caress them up, but it works.

You cannot remove vehicles from your pegasus list, and it can get quite crowded if you buy dumb poo poo like the mule.

Must have Vehicles
Buzzard, $1,750,000: Can be called in right next to you through Secuserv(CEO) in the interaction menu, a must have for mobility.
Hydra, $3,000,000: VTOL, air superiority. Still unmatched explosive cannon. Outrun locked missiles on to you by flying in a circle.
Deluxo, $4,721,500: Flying car, extremely maneuverable, MOC or Avenger needed to install missiles. Outrun locked missiles by diving and flying in a circle
Oppressor, $3,524,500: Flying motorcycle, extremely maneuverable, MOC or Avenger needed to install missiles. Extremely useful for attacking things in a hurry
Armored Karuma, $525,000: Armored car, Almost completely bulletproof, perfect for cheesing heists.

Fastest vehicles for racing
Supercars: Dewbachee Vagner
Sports: Ocelot Pariah
Sports Classics: Turismo Classic or Cheetah Classic
Motorcycle: Hakuchou Drag or Shotaro
Coupe: Zion
Sedan: Armored V12 Schafter
Compact: Brioso
Muscle: Yosimite, Pisswasser Dominator, or Sabre Turbo Custom
Offroad: Kamacho
Utility: Sadler

The Doomsday Heist - - December 7, 2017
-Jobs
--3 New heists comprised of 30 missions Following 1 story Must be activated From the Facility
-Properties
--Facility: Holds 7 standard vehicles, 3 large vehicles and the jetpack. Purchase through Meze Bank Forclosures
-Notable Vehicles
--Akula: Stealth helicopter, has the ability to keep you off the radar when you disable the weapons, handy for griefing. Hangar required for ownership
--Deluxo: Flying Delorean, The must-have vehicle of the pack and most capable P2P vehicle. Avenger or MOC required to put missiles on
--Mammoth Thruster: Jetpack, operates as a personal vehicle, Facility required for ownership

Smuggler's Run - - August 29, 2017
-Jobs
--Air freight business, running crates but with planes. Good mission variety, you should break even before you get bored, Not a good way to make money
-Properties
--Hangar: Holds all planes, allows you to modify newer planes, Launches air freight missions.
-Notable Vehicles
--Vigilante: The loving BATMOBILE, extremely heavy, extremely powerful boost, MOC or Avenger required to install missiles on
--Ultralight: small ultralight plane, goes off the radar when gliding, can't really hurt anybody but it's a good way to stay off the radar
--Tula: VTOL, Amphibious, multi-seat plane, good for moving a group of people around
--Hunter: Apache helicopter, powerful weapon with 2 people in it. Outdated for solo flight by the Akula

Gunrunning - - June 13, 2017
-Jobs
--Gunrunning business. Buy supplies or supply business, it makes product while you play, sell the product. If selling solo, sell before $200k to avoid multi-vehicle sales mission
-Properties
--Bunker: Stores MOC, Researches Vehicle/Weapon upgrades, turns supplies into product
-Notable Vehicles
--APC: Amphibious APC, powerful gun, missile resistant, carries 4 people, an okay buy. MOC required to modify
--Oppressor: jet motorcycle with wings. Good for attacking things. Can be spawned instantly with motorcycle club, most powerful griefing tool. MOC required to modify
--Weaponized Tampa: Interstate 76 style weaponized car, good for cheezing missions and stuff. Most good bits have to be researched in the bunker
--MOC: Mobile operations center, required to modify MK II guns and weaponized vehicles. Rig itself takes 20 missiles, is near bulletproof, and is extremely fast.

That said, there is so much potential for fun on your own to be had in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0K0lO0u0o
[/quote]

T1g4h posted:

Gentlemen, the most anticipated car has finally arrived:

Just look at the stance on that little rusted shitbox :allears:

Also there's this thing, which is pretty cool, but it's certainly no Lada.

In loving memory of the post ghost. 2017 - 2018

Powershift fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Goodbye ghost post!

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

The Ghost Post fit the old thread because we knew it existed but failed to do anything about it, much like how rockstar handles things like modders joining a session and instantly blowing everybody up over and over

fake edit: buy more shark cards

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Motorcycle clubs are cool for the ability to summon a bike/return a personal vehicle at will.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
All I require from this game anymore is Hunting Pack/Funnel Derby and 7+ other goons.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Gettin' in on the ground floor of this thing before the Ghost Post realizes what we've done and comes to claim this thread as well.

190Z is dropping Tuesday, everybody get hype for the Datsun 240Z clone :woop:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Gettin' in on the ground floor of this thing before the Ghost Post realizes what we've done and comes to claim this thread as well.

It's going to fill the hole in my JDM garage so perfectly.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Finally!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

T1g4h posted:

Yay! Hustler when though :f5:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

YES I read the op but didn’t see when is the best time to buy a Dump?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Capn Beeb posted:

Yay! Hustler when though :f5:

Hustler is after the 190Z, then lastly the Comet SR from what I've read.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

YES I read the op but didn’t see when is the best time to buy a Dump?

My bad, i assumed everybody already owned a Dump.

Also, I tried to name the thread "Fear of a Ghost Post" in reference to the movie Fear of a Black Hat, but apparently i'm dumb.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
:hellyeah:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Nice OP, Powershift! You're only missing some small things, I reckon:

List Of Actually Useful Phone Contacts:

Mechanic- Summon Personal Vehicle
Lester- Off The Radar
Lester- Remove Wanted Level
Lamar- Call Mugger
Merryweather- Call Mercenaries
Assistant (with owned office)- Retrieve Impounded Vehicle

and that gif of the oppressor kill on the yacht dude needs to be in the OP, you know the one.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Eyud posted:

Goodbye ghost post!

stay safe ghost post

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Let's start this thread off right!

First, that's a good op. Needs more colour, I'm happy to help:

Youga crew roll out

https://fat.gfycat.com/LimpingPortlyAnemoneshrimp.mp4

I turned this

Into this: https://imgur.com/a/E0txG

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 10, 2018

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

GTA is a very fun game with lots to do with a good crew of people. Unfortunately, in recent years, Rockstar has added untold amounts of grindable content which gamers are more than happy to gobble down turning GTA Online into a soulless crushing universe where you chase after material wealth at income rates worse than working the soup line in a debtor's prison from the 1800s.

That said, here are some clips from back when the goon community threw down hard in large group events. It was a really good time.

Massive count stunt plane race
https://fat.gfycat.com/DizzyUnevenIvorygull.mp4

Ganging up on each other in races then posting angrily about it
https://fat.gfycat.com/SilkyGenuineAustrianpinscher.mp4
https://zippy.gfycat.com/IllinformedDemandingBullfrog.mp4

There is an absolutely staggering amount of good goon-made content for races. You can find it all under the LLJK tab for races on the social club website. We've had a few Race Wars that were a hit with most people.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/OrneryFittingDuckbillplatypus.mp4
https://giant.gfycat.com/SeriousBitesizedGemsbok.mp4

And everyone was always down for some general goofery even if there weren't any real goals in the moment.
https://fat.gfycat.com/WindingRewardingBoutu.mp4
https://fat.gfycat.com/SolidEnergeticHalibut.mp4
https://fat.gfycat.com/BewitchedUncommonCuckoo.mp4
https://zippy.gfycat.com/AncientGenerousBorderterrier.mp4
https://zippy.gfycat.com/RepulsiveCorruptIrishsetter.mp4

That said, there is so much potential for fun on your own to be had in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0K0lO0u0o

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 10, 2018

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

Powershift posted:

-Don't take anything Powershift, Zigmidge, or coupedeville say seriously, they've been playing this game for far too long and it has broken them.

:bignews:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So here's my alternate quick-guide to GTA. I'll up-front say there's controversial opinions in here that run against common wisdom in a few areas, but for what it's worth I've got a ton of experience in the game and done drat near everything it has (Except races, I suck at races - something I'll cover in the money part of this) to offer many times over, including CMM and most of the Elites (I still need Series A).

New Player Guide

If you've started with $0 and nothing..

Phase 1: Gaining early cash & RP
- Go to your Phone, go to Quick Play and pick "Featured Adversary Mode." These modes are usually 2x Cash, 2x RP and there's several things about them that make them good early cash cows: For one, the money comes from your team winning or losing in most of them. For two, none of your level disadvantages - health, lack of guns, etc. - apply here. If you're reasonably decent at any first/third person shooter, you'll be fine, but please see the General Newbie Tips for some hints. This will net you anywhere from 35-180k a game depending on the settings, and is a super good way to build a huge amount of very early game RP/money. This never goes out of style by the way, and it's a good way to make cash even into the late game, usually.
- If you are a good driver and want to take part in the racing challenges, you can do fine if Custom Vehicles are off. If they're on, you are screwed, and I'd recommend you wait to get into these - and the challenge races which can net huge amounts of cash - until you get better vehicles. Honestly, I'd give a better guide as to the MANY massive cash drop challenges and 2x weekends for racing but as mentioned I'm an awful racer so don't do them much.
- Once you've gotten some weapons (See the weapons guide below) that are decent, start trying to join Heists and other sorts of missions to begin building up some more cash and RP. These missions are a lot more fun with friends as coordination will trump skill in most of these any day of the week.

Phase 2: Obtaining some Assets
- You should get yours hands on the best weapons for your rank (see the weapons guide below)
- You should also get your hands on a good starter vehicle (see the vehicle guide below)
- Once you have that, it's time to look into properties:
-- First, you'll want a Heist Apartment. This is how you can launch heists, all of which come with a $100,000 first time bonus on them, as well as a larger bonus at the end for completing all of them (I believe it is a million dollars, but it's been a while). You'll want to do them all at some point, even with the Doomsday Heists out there. Not all apartments will have this capability, you'll need something midrange. There are certain apartments that help certain heists for Elite and such, but that's a whole other guide. Most of them will do.
- Next, you'll want an MC. This goes against the goon lean of going into CEO first. The reason is simple: MCs are way cheaper to get into, and will offer some advantages we'll get into in a minute. This isn't a knock on Corporations, just that they are very pricey to get into.

Phase 3: Businesses
- Now that you have an MC, there's some advantages you should know:
-- The Motorcycle Club Bike call is extremely useful. This will summon any motorcycle (including the Oppressor) to you instantly if it's functional. It will also importantly be able to Return Vehicle to Garage, which is necessary if you want to ask your Mechanic to call in another vehicle.
-- MCs are temporary. You can invite people in risk free, or disband without consequence.
-- Assigning people positions in the MC (Under Members) allows you to launch new types of missions as well as use special abilities from dropping molotovs to calling buzzards. Both the Road Captain and MC President can set FORMATIONS; in Lead, the fastest bike will drag nearby bikes to it's speed while repairing them and their healing their drivers.
-- This gives you immediate access to contract jobs which are a lot of fun, esp with friends.
-- This is where you buy drug properties from.
-- Now that you have your MC I'd recommend you begin working towards buying a Cocaine Factory, with the option of a Meth Lab. Anything lesser is optional and your mileage may vary; don't waste money buying them in the city, since it'll just move the sales to the country for the big profits. Once fully upgraded you can stop doing the Resupply missions, and still make (before the advanced trick below) over twice your money back simply by paying off supplies. If you have people to help you stealing is still effective.

- Now that you have a drug den, again, you want to fully upgrade it at the first chance you get.
- Once upgraded, it is generally cost effective to buy supplies if solo (considering the amount of money you could be earning in the time taken to make several supply missions)
- Advanced Trick: If you go into any mission that is out of the overworld (such as a heist) your drug business will continue producing. However Supplies will not arrive. You can use this to your advantage by reloading a business, going into a featured mode, and then when you come out the supplies will eventually arrive. However even if you only paid $15,000 to resupply them near the top, you will get a full resupply. This means that if you resupply, to into a mission, come out and wait for them to arrive and repeat you can pay very, very little for supplies while earning a lot more money in missions for fun.
- It helps to have established some reliable hands on your friends list for the finale sales, but if you sell under 2 bars there is typically only a single sales vehicle for solo runs.
- Selling on full servers boosts the money you make, but people will often try to kill you. If there's hacking, just don't sell, ever.
- The Cargobob will not pick up most MC mission vehicles, unfortunately.
- At the first chance possible you want to buy a Bunker.

- Once you get a Bunker, repeat the above steps exactly.
-- The only major difference with a Bunker is that you may want to split into Research/Production. This will slow production greatly, and many prefer to go full production and pay off the research, or full research and wait for the profits. This is really preference.
-- You do, however, need an MoC (or Avenger, which can do all the same things - see Facilities below) to upgrade your weaponized vehicles and guns to Mark 2 Variants. This should probably be a priority buy at some point.
- The next thing you should consider buying is probably a Facility. If you want an Avenger instead of an MoC first, then you should prioritize it higher.
- The gun range isn't just cosmetic. When you 5-star the challenges not only do you get respawning bunker ammo (including molotovs), but you gain the ability to carry +5 explosives of every type, including proxmines.

- Once you have a facility, you're good to start doing the Doomsday Heist. The final Doomsay Act is pretty solid cash, and this will give you trade price on all Doomsday vehicles as well as free Lester cop removal calls.
-- There's no other ways to make money here, and an in-depth guide to the facility would be counter-productive for a guide like this. I will say if you prefer the Avenger, however, again pick one up instead of an MoC at this point in time.
-- The Doomsday Heists ARE best to do as a corporation, as they allow you to use the CEO healing bonus unlike the original heists

Some numbers for the above (before bonuses for populated servers):
- Cocaine Sale: $420,000 - Full price reload: $150,000
- Meth Sale: $320,000 - Full Priced Reload: Approx $100,000
- Bunker Sale: $1,200,000 - Full Priced reload: Approx $525-600k

Phase 4: High Roller Stuff

- Now, after all of that and any vehicles or guns you've branched out to buy along the way, is time to look into the CEO stuff and buy an Office. The location isn't super important as they all do the same thing; try to get one near your apartment probably.
-- Don't buy a Warehouse. They suck: A lot of work for not great profit.
- Do, however, buy a Vehicle Garage for your Office and then a Vehicle Warehouse. The Vehicle Warehouse is great.
- The original guide is dead on about how to handle I/E: Gather maximum low/mid tier cars and never sell them, so you only need to deal in high end cars turning them over for $80,000 profit a sale.
- This is the best way to grind money solo, but can be combined with the bunker/cocaine facility in the background for huge cash-outs.
- This might be worth skipping to if you refuse to work with other players and prefer to only lone wolf it.
- I highly recommend a Cargobob for Import/Export. Cargobobs work good with both Doomsday Heist equipment and I/E Missions, and allow you to really speed up your mission time and lower your risk of damage.

- Also at this point you might want to consider a Hanger.
-- As mentioned you can use the Vehicle Air call to return ground vehicles to the garage.
-- The Personal Air Call has many more spawns than Pegasus. Google Image Search a map of them until you get a hang of where they are.
-- Hanger missions are lackluster outside of 2x, but stealing cargo from rival organizations is always entertaining.
-- This is the only way to get new vehicles, or to repaint old Pegasus vehicles. You can do this an unlimited number of times: Simply fly a Pegasus vehicle into your hanger to convert it for $0.
-- This gives you access toe AIR FORMATION, which is much like BIKE FORMATION for planes. It can be nuts.

From here out, it's "buy whatever the hell you want" because you're super well established.

Weapon Guide

I'll cover the important weapons here. If it's not listed, it's probably middle of the road or lackluster (like the Combat PDW):

Heavy Sniper: The best way to OHK unarmored players or armored NPCs with body shots, and guaranteed OHK with headshots. Generally the best sniper rifle that completely outdates the basic Sniper Rifle.
- MK2: Promotes it to a God Tier weapon capable of using High Explosive ammo. You'll want to use HE ammo and only HE ammo forever (unless doing the Doomsday Heist mission Avenger, where AP is better). Not only is this weapon super powerful against players and light vehicles, it's your primary anti-air defense. Literally the only weapon that you stand a chance of facing off against a jet with on foot.

Heavy Revolver: A pretty terrible weapon that fires very slow for what it does. Can blow up cars but otherwise a gimmick to avoid.
-MK2: Another God Tier promotion. With HP it kills most players without armor in one hit, and it can easily blow up planes with FMJ in a few hits. It's exceptional when paired with a rocketless Deluxo or other vehicle, making a sort of semi-sniper rifle from cars.

Heavy Machine Gun: A pretty reliable weapon with a somewhat low rate of fire but high ammo capacity and accuracy with a good punch.
-MK2 : Easily on par with the minigun in a lot of situations now. The overall weapon is just flat out better, making it a really good high-capacity bullet spitter.

Pump Action Shotgun: The worst shotgun. No reason to use it. Avoid.
-MK2 Yet another God Tier promotion. Essentially a short range version of the Heavy Sniper that fires with a repeating mechanic, all you want to run is explosive ammo on this. Great in all situations.

(Special) Carbine: A highly reliable rifle for PVE and Competitive Games (ALWAYS grab the Special Carbine the first chance in any Featured Comp mode that supports it, it's accuracy is incredible). High rate of fire, good range, good ammo sizes, etc. make this one to buy the second it drops. The Carbine is almost identical, so is worth a grab too.
- MK2: The Special Carbine MK2 has a 50% Point Blank damage bonus out all the way to maximum range, making it the most effective at all ranges rifle in the game. It is utterly exceptional for any PVE mission and will shred heads with perfect accuracy. I'd recommend loading an alternate ammo type of your choice on the regular Carbine, thus having something like AP ammo in the pocket if you want it. But this weapon is possibly the very best for PVE scenarios.

Assault Rifle: An okay assault rifle with bad refire and good damage.
- MK2: A beast on per-shot damage, it makes a good silenced assault rifle for stealth missions.

Marksman Rifle: Semi-auto and OK for tagging NPCs or weak players, it's alright.
- MK2: If you're playing on console this is God Tier with a Red Dot Sight (or PC on auto-aim servers) but with mouse it's merely a lot of fun. It's the only sniper rifle that can be used essentially without a full scope, making it more of a battle rifle, a new niche. It's power absolutely varies based on your auto-aim settings, however.

AP Pistol: Despite many new drive by weapons, it's still the well-rounded king it has always been. It beats both the Mini SMG (too inaccurate) and the Mini Uzi (Just bad) by a mile. The Revolver MK2 is the only gun to give it a run for it's money in overall usefulness.

RPG: Your bread and butter against vehicles and players alike in over world battles at medium range or less. Get it the second you can.

Minigun: It's biggest drawback is that you can't roll with it, however it is absolutely great for just obliterating NPCs or typical pubs who will hate you for it.

SMG: Lackluster, not the best SMG.
-MK2: Stellar, the best SMG. Great in all categories. This also can be used from a Motorcycle.

Explosives: Sticky Bombs and Proximity Mines are clearly your best options but they're always worth having.

Compact Grenade Launcher: It's an explosive lobbing weapon that can be used from a Motorcycle, making it absolutely worth the price.

Grenade Launcher: A HIGHLY underrated weapon, this fires much faster than the RPG in a close-quarters situation (such as clearing the outside of the bank on Pacific Standard). It's worth practicing in my opinion but is truly a preference issue.

Compact Assault Rifle: A great bike weapon until you get MK2 guns like the MK2 SMG. Your best all around motorcycle gun in fact.

Automatic Shotgun: A classic that is really good at clearing corridors on heists and missions, can't complain. Worth a buy.

Vehicles of Note

I'm grouping these by Tier, but the low tier ones don't mean bad: Just that they are a great buy for their level.
* Supercars aren't on this list because I'm just not much into them. I like functional vehicles more than the latest fast skin. I'd rather not give an opinion than steer anyone wrong!

TOP TIER LATE GAME VEHICLES
OPPRESSOR: The king of GTA Online. It's almost impossible to hit, spews rockets like no tomorrow, is an absolute BLAST to fly and you can call it via MC Bike call (completely repaired & rearmed). It's way overpowered to be honest.
-- Tip: You recharge the oppressor whenever your wheels touch the ground, for a moment. By bursting, then pulling up once the charge starts and bursting again, you can get a double boost and touch down for a split second for more boost.
-- Tip: Falling won't hurt the oppressor, so parachuting off of it is quite possible for both challenges and cool entrances.
AVENGER: This thing has all the teeth of a Bombuska, some serious tough hide, and it's maneuverable enough to dogfight. All while holding vehicles you can air drop and up to 24 players in the hold and a gun mod shop. It's great. Get it.
MOC: The MOC is also a land battleship, for doing overworld PVP. Previously the cab, when detatched, would take 20 rockets just like the MOC itself making it an ubervehicle but I have heard this was recently fixed. [Citation needed]
Deluxo: You can go one of two ways. Put on missiles and be easily competitive with helicopters thanks to it's crazy turn rate and ability to drop like a rock in car mode, or keep it unarmed and use it as the best all-around missile vehicle in the game, capable of doing just about any over world job. I've even had excellent luck killing planes with the Heavy Revolver MK2, and hangar missions in particular benefit from it's ability to float on water.
Thruster: The Mammoth Thruster is the most maneuverable way to get around in the game, and it comes in as a Personal Vehicle meaning it can spawn right on top of you. The only debate isn't to buy it or not, but to buy it before a Deluxo or not. While it got chided by some as being a helicopter, most helicopters can't fly around in subway tunnels as rapidly as this thing. The only downside is the insurance claims will mount up, as if you die, it will fall and explode and you'll get stuck with the bill.
Insurgent Custom: By driving an Insurgent Pick-Up into a vehicle bay (MOC or Avenger) you can convert it to a Personal Vehicle. This means you can upgrade it heavily and drive it on heists as a personal car. While the Minigun upgrade is deceptively lackluster, the overall armor upgrades around the gunner, ability to carry mines and performance upgrades make this one of the best heist vehicles and nearly indestructible, taking a total of 6 missiles to put down.
- The Vigilante: The only rocket assisted heist vehicle, this is a blast to drive (despite wonky driving mechanics and it going to hell in the rain) and recharges MUCH faster than the Rocket Voltic. It's absolutely outclassed in PVP combat by nearly every vehicle that can eat more than 2 rockets, though. Still a must have for just getting around fast and PVE.

AKULA/HUNTER: A true argument which is the better helicopter can be made. The Akula's stealth mode keeps it off the radar, making it exceptional for surprise attacks and all kinds of overworld shenanigans. Meanwhile the Hunter has a much bigger cannon and is faster overall with a much longer missile barrage and dual missile options. They're both great and it's really up to preference and which one you have Trade Price on. The Akula has a crazy climb rate that does make it better for stunts and is my heli of choice.
HYDRA/ROGUE/PYRO: The three top tier fighters in the game. All others are completely inferior (the Lazer can do OK but it is way overpriced). A quick feature comparison:
-- HYDRA: In the classics corner you have the "deathbeam" cannon that obliterates just about anything in the game in a tenth of a second, and a VTOL hover mode that makes it easy to land on missions, a winning combination off-set by it's lack of new countermeasures, bombs, and visual options.
-- ROGUE: While not quite a deathbeam, it has a HIGHLY effective Explosive Cannon along with all the new bells and whistles and a second seat with bombs. It's literally the best bang for the buck at at starting 1.2 mil before upgrades and will trash way more expensive planes like the Molotok.
-- PYRO: Super maneuverable, very fast and can spam missiles like no tomorrow. If you hate using cannons and wish you could just fire so many missiles someone will trip up and get hit, this is the plane for you. It's MGs are fairly lackluster compared to the other two on the list.

NICE TO HAVE VEHICLES

- The Khanjali Tank: An infinite improvement over the Rhino, it won't hurt itself blowing up cars, while providing four completely enclosed seats all with operational guns. Against another tank at close range, it can deliver knockouts to Rhinos in a single blow fully crewed. The Railgun Upgrade is NOT worth it unless you enjoy the look, as the range boost is pretty pathetic for the charge up time, but overall this tank is great in every regard. It even can be called as a Personal Vehicle, meaning you don't have to go to a Pegasus lot for it.
- The Anti-Air Trailer: When configured with Flak, it's just overpowered and broken. You'll need a friend with a good tow vehicle to get much out of it, but it'll put down things like insurgents and tanks in 1-2 hits. It's literally OP.
- Cargobob: As mentioned, great for Import/Export and Doomsday Preps. Also the only way to drop an exploding outhouse onto people.
- Weaponized Tampa: Too much of a glass cannon to be good in PVP it's stellar in a lot of missions where you want to obliterate targets fast. It's also got a wide number of guns making it fun to play.

LOW TIER VEHICLES - Stuff you can get for cheap or early that's worth having.

- The Dune Buggy: Underrated for off roading, it's fast, it's insanely cheap and it handles rough terrain and rain like a champ. Buy one. It's great on a handful of heists if you don't have better.
- The Sanchez: It's just a dirt bike but counts as a motorcycle, handles all terrain and isn't that slow for a first motorcycle. You've got not excuse to not own a bike with this existing.
- The Armored Karuma: A must have 4-door vehicle that's pretty fast and immune to bullets aside from it's window slits. Cheap and a good all around car to own.
- The Duke of Death: In my opinion, this should be the best major car you buy. It can soak several rocket hits at full armor, while offering superior armor protection (at the cost of some firing arcs) from the Karuma. It's only two seats, but it's superior to almost all non-Gunrunning vehicles in the punch department while being no slouch at all in performance. It slides a lot so I recommend toying with the handbrake. (Don't forget your high beams (H) turn on the rack lights)
- Insurgent Pick-Up: A good early buy from Pegasus, it's actually inferior to the regular Insurgent. You want it primarily to turn it into the Custom version later (at the top).
- The Buzzard: This should really be your first helicopter pick-up. It's reasonably armed, fairly quick, carries four people and you can instantly summon it for free as a CEO if you won it. It's easily the best air unit for new players and is always handy for quick jumps even into the late game. TIP: If you have to fight a Hydra or something in one, broadside it, hold it steady and hope someone has Explosive Sniper rounds which can be used from the door gun. Planes almost never expect it.

HONORABLE SHOUT-OUTS - Vehicles worth checking out as optional fun

Blazer Aqua
Chimera Bike (for Wheelie Challenges)
Kamacho
Shotoro (Best traditional motorcycle)
Drag (Best two-seater motorcycle on bike call)
APC (Liked by many; stick with the cannon)
Ruiner 2000 (It's terrible but in a fun gimmick way)
The Hang Glider (It's fun, it's cheap, and it's off the radar with a Quiet Prop)
Sanctus (Halloween only bike but terrible and hilarious and awesome)
Stromberg (Which is also stealth under the water but honestly only good for wrecking Piracy Prevention and exploring for fun)

TIER 0 - EMBARSSMENTS TO GTA
NEVER BUY THIS poo poo - There's bad, lackluster and inferior and then there's this:

BOMBUSKA - As big as a mountain, as armored as a civilian plane (2 explosive sniper hits and adios), no more additional bombs over even a Rogue, and the only thing it's good at is crashing into mountains which don't bother it much.
Volotol - Bombuska 2.0. Total poo poo. Buy an Avenger, outclasses both of these in every way at the same job.
ARMORED BOXVILLE - Did you ever want an Insurgent Pick-Up that had absolutely no armor, not even on the fires (meaning they'll pop from a single pistol round)? Well you're in luck, and only for 3x the cost!
WASTELANDER - Despite it's entire gimmick being carrying cars, it can't carry cars. Just avoid.

General Newbie Tips
- Regaining Health: You regain health a few different ways. You can regain up to 50% (100% in normal missions) by taking cover. You can regain 100% health by being in a Formation, or in proximity to a CEO. Most importantly you can quickly get it back from Snacks. All the convenience stores around the map will have have plenty and you want to keep stocked up. If you are sprinting or taking cover when you eat snacks (Which can be set to a quick action) there's no animation. i.e. recently I ate 15 Egochasers in about 1 second to tank minigun fire.
- Learn to Roll! Rolling is life, in GTA competitive modes and against NPCs alike. It is the strafing of this game. Rolling around corners not only helps you take them faster and evade fire, but it gives you a second to line up the shot (in third person) since your view is fixed.
- ALWAYS go for head shots. Head shots will often drop enemies in 1-2 hits, while body shots (when armor is involved) can literally allow them to take dozens. It varies depending on the enemy you're facing but as a rule it's better to fire 6-7 bullets at the head and hit once than it is to hit the body 6-7 times.
- Swim in First Person. It's way freaking easier. You'll win every single knife fight in first person view, too, underwater, rare as they are.
- Don't be afraid to Friend people. If you run into a player that's competent and not a dick in a heist or job, throw them an invite. It helps to have people to call in on future tasks.
- H is for High Beams. X ducks you in most vehicles, which is doubly helpful on a turret.
- Most vehicles with turrets can be entered directly through the turret by first climbing onto them.
- You can buy ammo from your Inventory in the Interaction Menu.
- The Dual Lens (Nightvision) and Quad Lens (Thermal) Combat Helmets have vision modes; Thermal is very good for PVP. Equip the helmet, then on PC hold F11 to flip the visor up and down. While the visor is down to go the Interaction Menu, Style, Accessories, highlight the helmet and hit Spacebar (again, on PC) to actiate the vision mode. Then you can simply flip the visor up and down to toggle it.
- There are several ways to call a vehicle. You have to call your Mechanic to pick a new personal vehicle, but on many missions he won't answer. Instead, you can go to Vehicle - Request Personal Vehicle to request your last personal vehicle. You can also call Special Vehicles and Air Vehicles here. Calling an Air Vehicle will return your ground vehicle to the garage, which can be used to Return Vehicle to Garage in a pinch if not in an MC once you have a Hanger.
- You can melee with ANY weapon on a bike. On PC press and hold X then left or right click. As long as you keep clicking (either button) you can release X. Holding the button will hold an attack ready.
- The ONLY way to reload a Fireworks Launcher outside of a holiday is to destroy CEO Shipments. Yes, it's mean. This also reloads the Railgun you can earn from winning as the Beast.
- Parachuting controls are jacked on PC: W is Dive, S is Glide, SHIFT+W is "Slow down very fast." SHIFT+W is VERY useful if you don't want to die parachuting. (Parachuting again would be it's own guide though!)
- The original Heists give you a HUGE health bonus if you Heavy Heist Gear you can buy from Ammunation. This bonus only works in heists.
- Helmets have a tangible effect on you in PVP or PVE. A helmet will almost entirely negate damage done from the first couple of shots, meaning instant death can instead result in minimal damage when one is worn. (Test it on a friend ; it's dramatic)
- COMPLETELY flat vehicles you can ride on the roofs of fairly safely, even firing weapons.
- Rebreathers can be bought at Ammunation, allowing you to stay underwater for extended periods of time. If saved on your outfit, they will work instantly upon hitting the water. Night vision also works here but I'd instead recommend you get a Dual Lens Helmet instead.
- ON PC: You can get out of many hangs on loading by hitting ALT+F4 and then answering NO on the quit question, or joining a friend on Rockstar Social.
- When evading cops or doing stealth missions, keep an eye on the radar. you can see their view arcs and distances; this allows you to easily evade detection, or tell what targets they can see.
- Don't forget silenced weapons will drastically slow police reaction time or prevent it entirely.
- ALWAYS do Heists on Player Saved Outfits and Hard 1.25x when available. This is how players can use heist gear and helmets.

Heist Advice
This isn't really a full Heist guide (or an advanced tricks guide) so I'll keep this limited to just a couple tips to help some key heist missions and finales:

Prison Break:
- Bus: Everyone either hide or ride in a single car; the less vehicles the better. Just take out the helicopter on your approach, then drive the bus directly to the final checkpoint (just east of the air strip) right over the sand dunes.
- Lawyers: Plant a Proximity Mine on the Estate back gate, then one on the front gate and throw a grenade to spook him. His AI will always have him run out of the property away from the sound (on foot or by car) and away from his guards, making him an hilariously easy kill.
- Finale: The escape vehicle should take a HARD right to go to the airfield directly, if the pilot is not brave enough to land in the prison parking lot. Also, if the pilot waits to 05:00 to take off there will be less jets, which also pose no problem if the pilot stays behind them. Also, never rush the courtyard, as advancing is what spawns more hostiles. Also the Prisoner can buy more AP ammo on the interaction menu, making them much, much more productive and useful.

Humane Labs:
- Key Codes: This mission is a PAIN because it glitches all the time, takes your vehicles, etc. However you can do some things to help. Use your vehicles to ENTIRELY knock down the fences in the parking lot on arrival (so rockets aren't impaired) and take note of where the garage door is to hide in. Then trigger the event and try to keep JUST South Lookout and North Lookout on the main ambush; everyone else should watch the alleyways. People mostly die because they are all watching the main road. Also of note: You can call your Personal Vehicle after the ambush to bring your car back. Fun if you have a Weaponized Tampa or something handy.
- Deliver EMP: This one is either a huge pain or super easy depending on how well you know it. One person should wait in the car to drive it in when everyone else is done. One person should go HARD left and JUST kill the technician and the very last guard. The rest should push to the main garage the normal way (you can kill the NPC insurgent if you're fast). I recommend silenced Assault Rifles instead of sniper rifles, as they allow MUCH more room for error. Make sure to check the radar heavily and not shoot anyone who has another character in their sight line, unless you are prepared to shoot both very fast.
- Finale: The helicopter team doesn't need to do anything except survive on this one. They can even set down and use rifles if they want. I'd recommend the team going in swim out in first person, but other than that, just shoot them all with your gun of choice.

ED: This is also the most broken elite challenge in the game. Don't try it unless you want to stare into a well of madness.

Series A:
- Trash: Work out a system with the driver to honk twice when he wants people to get off or on the truck, and the driver should ALWAYS back into trash area deeply. It's worth noting that inside of the truck in 3rd person gives you a great firing arc to angles you shouldn't really have, if positioned right. Finally, destroy the gas station when you arrive there (the order is random) before backing in - it will prevent an explosion ending the mission.
- Bikers: Same with Deliver EMP. Watch that Radar. Also send one or two guys WAY around back to make it easier.
- Weed: When you come out of the tunnel on the way back, take a HARD right and you can roll down the hill all the way to the bridge and shave minutes off your escape time. Also you can plow through the roadblock and take a hard left right up the hill before the official pathway out. Don't forget if you take bulletproof cars, you can IGNORE all the getting into position and just plow straight in and murder everything easy.
- Meth: Clear the thing out with weaponized vehicles like the Insurgent Custom or Weaponized Tampa, but DO NOT SHOOT THE TANKER: If you do, it's GG and you've got to do it on foot. Also the tanker can take a hard right near the main road and cut across the beach straight to Chef; get off the highway as soon as possible. Finally watch the last guy who spawns right in front of the truck when you go to leave: He'll always try to shoot your tires out. If it's raining or snowing it'll end you.
- Finale: Put proxmines down where the enemies will come from then drive the technical out to park it near a gas tank. As soon as the ambush starts, blow up the gas tank (and the truck) allowing you to use your own personal vehicles. Provided you have something better than a gun truck.

Pacific Standard:
- Signal: Go to the police station by the race track to get a helicopter. You can get the VIP out with that if someone waits on the Island much faster. If you fail that, while on the board go to Vehicles and Request Personal Vehicle and hover over it. You'll lose the option once you come on shore unless you already have it highlighted, but this allows you to call your own car once you're on the mainland.
- Convoy: Get armored vehicles and charge right on in! Ram the truck to stun the drivers but whatever you do, don't blow up any jeeps near the truck until a player is in it (giving it immunity to friendly fire damage). I highly recommend using an Insurgent Custom here to obliterate the aircraft too, just don't shoot the truck!
- Finale: There's multiple ways to go about this, from using a SWAT Van to the far better option of jumping a motorcycle to get a helicopter and saving a car and---- this is a whole guide, in and of itself. Long story short if you want to get out with all of your money, check some guides or ask around, because the recommended method is going to lose you most of your money and you'll never get elite. It's also one of the best ways to make money if you use these tricks to the maximum.

Doomsday Act 1:
- Prep: Ambulance: Don't go to the mission marker. Just call 911. It'll be done in like 30 seconds.
- Prep: Deluxos: Cargobobs can help speed this up.
- Data Breaches: Setup sticky bombs or have someone return to a good position in the center before hacking the third terminal. You can can secure the ambush zone quickly. When you go to leave, do NOT charge forward, and instead back up to pick off the cops; they won't infinitely respawn until you near the helicopter.

Doomsday Act 2:
- Rescue ULP: Take something that can eat some rockets on the Lookout team. They can immediately leave the lookout and get in a ground vehicle instead.
- Avenger: As soon as you enter the hangar begin running hard left or hard right. If the team has Heavy Sniper MK2 with Thermal Scopes, this is the best time to use them (ideally with non-explosive ammo for this mission). Without thermal, look for the muzzle flashes to engage targets (or make the worst player on the team spam flares).

Doomsday Act 3:
- Rampage: Use a Weaponized Tampa if you have one, so you can easily down the cargobob over a road and take the Rampage.
- Escort ULP: The escort vehicle should be something that can take a rocket. If you lose the mission you are stuck with a Ramp Buggy, but the helicopters WILL attack the escort vehicle and the buggy will die instantly. A Duke of Death to an Insurgent would be recommended though if you're confident in your ability to hit first, a Tampa can also work. A vigilante will run out of ammo long before the mission is done.
- Rescue Agent 14: Plan a Proxmine by the back walls, and have the team put as many stick bombs as possible in the front of the warehouse to blow as soon as the ambush cutscene starts. By parking a Duke of Death, Karuma (beware the buzzard and it's rockets!) or other armored vehicle like an Insurgent in the alleyway or warehouse, you can use it for the rest of the mission making it much easier (E thermal works in vehicles); insurgent Custom gun turrets make it easy. Don't get Agent 14 until the vehicle and bombs are setup.
- Finale: You get an extra $50,000 for taking the Rampage. Since you get immobilized at the end of the tunnel, back the Rampage in to use it's minigun and grenade launcher, careful not to move to the checkpoint and you can easily wipe out most of the cyborgs indirectly. You also do not need to split up when you are told to. It's worth noting that you are invulnerable while hacking (and sometimes hitting a red node is faster than not), though can heal from CEO healing aura during this time. Finally, don't forget your Gear starts down on the jetpack (thruster), so hit G in the end.

HOW TO COUNTER GUIDE

How to Counter (General):

PLANES: Heavy Sniper MK2, Oppressor, Other Planes (NO: Anti-air vehicles, they're all bad at it)
HELICOPTERS: Heavy Sniper MK2, RPG, Oppressor, Planes, Vigilante, Pump Shotgun Mk2 (Explosive, close), Heavy Revolver MK2 (FMJ)
TANKS: Oppressor, RPGs, Helicopters, Planes, other tanks.
SNIPERS:: Quad Lens Helmets (Thermal), other Sniper Rifles and RPGs.
MINIGUNNERS: RPGs and Heavy Snipers.
BOATS: Literally anything that shoots.

Specifics:

OPPRESSORS: High volume fire guns (Miniguns, turreted guns), prayer. Don't waste time with missiles.
KHANJALI: Outrun them, hit them from directly above. Works for Rhinos too.
DELUXOS: Direct fire cannons. Don't waste time with missiles, a good Deluxo driver will free-drop out of just about every missile sent their way.
AVENGERS: Hydra cannons or a lot of missiles and a lot of luck.
VIGILANTES: Attack them from above, they're glass.
CHERNOBOGS: Make sure to be diving at somewhat steep angle and the missiles will slip right over you. Only takes one hit, anything kills it.
INSURGENTS: Miniguns (Window slots, gunner), Weaponized Vehicles

-- ED: I may have forgotten some stuff so I'll do a once over tomorrow.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 13, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think some of the OP is.. questionable.

This post reserved to later edit in.... uh.. alternate strategies on the first page.

ED: Really? The #1 way to take out a Deluxo is with a fuckin' Stromberg? Definitely coming back to this post a bit later when I have a few minutes.

Actually the real hidden gem (though a Karuma is nice to have) is the Duke of Death. It's available from the get go, isn't much more expensive and more importantly can take multiple rocket hits where the Karuma is a one-and-done. It's the best early game car you can get and probably the best in combat until you get up to weaponized vehicles.

I'll add poo poo to the OP if you want. I just kept everything short to avoid text wrapping on a 1280 window. I can change whatever to something more appropriate.

At some point I'll make more interesting section headers and stuff or if someone else wants to that's cool, too.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think some of the OP is.. questionable.

quote:

Kill a Deluxo: Use a Stromberg which fires similar missiles but takes more hits. Use the minigun to remove the driver

This post reserved to later edit in.... uh.. alternate strategies on the first page.

ED: Really? The #1 way to take out a Deluxo is with a fuckin' Stromberg? Definitely coming back to this post a bit later when I have a few minutes.

quote:

-Buy an Armored Karuma to make Missions/Heists easier. If you start a heist and everybody else is getting into one, so should you

Actually the real hidden gem (though a Karuma is nice to have) is the Duke of Death. It's available from the get go, isn't much more expensive and more importantly can take multiple rocket hits where the Karuma is a one-and-done. It's the best early game car you can get and probably the best in combat until you get up to weaponized vehicles.

quote:

Pistol: Heavy Revolver for 1 shot, AP Pistol for shooting while driving. Don't buy other pistols, they only clog your inventory
SMG: SMG MK II with the heavy barrel
Machine gun: Combat MG. If you have the MOC/Avenger convert it to MK II with the heavy barrel. Special ammo is depleted too quickly
Shotgun: Assault shotgun on foot. The sawed off can be used while riding a motorcycle
Sniper Rifle: Heavy Sniper MK II with the heavy barrel and thermal scope. Explosive ammo can be handy to take down hydras but severely limits your ammo capacity
Assault Rifle: Special Carbine MK II with the heavy barrel.
Minigun: You'll catch a lot of poo poo from tryhards for using this to gently caress them up, but it works.

SNS MK2 is fun if you want a faff around gun with fire ammo to light pedestrians on fire without risking ammo on a gun of value.

But it's worth noting that the Heavy Revolver MK2 is only interesting when you start loading FMJ (down helicopters in one hit, and blow up most cars in one hit that aren't armored) or Hollowpoint (One Hit Kill on most players) does it come into it's own. If you're using autoaim on console, that and the Marksman MK2 have red dot sights, rendering them ridiculously OP for auto-lock.

Pump Action Shotgun: You mention the MK2s and the Pump Action Shotgun MK2 with High Explosive rounds isn't on the list? It's a fast firing heavy explosive sniper up close, which you unlock the ammo for at the same time as the HSR. Thing is badass.

quote:

Hydra, $3,000,000: VTOL, air superiority. Still unmatched explosive cannon. Outrun locked missiles on to you by flying in a circle.

I'd argue it's currently a three way tie between the Hydra, the Rogue, and the Pyro. All three of them are absolutely top tier and all have major strengths and weaknesses. The death beam is very good, but the Rogue explosive canon and Pyro mass rocket spam are pretty competitive themselves. Hydra sure isn't out of the running though, the death beam certainly keeps it in the running.

Powershift posted:

I'll add poo poo to the OP if you want. I just kept everything short to avoid text wrapping on a 1280 window. I can change whatever to something more appropriate.

At some point I'll make more interesting section headers and stuff or if someone else wants to that's cool, too.

That's cool. There's a bunch of stupid newbie tricks facts are worth posting too, like the fact you can buy ammo from the interaction menu. So many people don't realize that.

It's also hilarious to use that on Prison Break with the prisoner, just buy more AP ammo

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 12, 2018

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ripper Swarm posted:

and that gif of the oppressor kill on the yacht dude needs to be in the OP, you know the one.

https://giant.gfycat.com/CreepyRightAxolotl.mp4

e: changed them all from webm to mp4 to help the page

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 10, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Doesn't the explosive ammo shotgun only get like, 8 shells?

The heavy revolver + heavy barrel is a 1 hit head shot kill from full armor without the limited special ammos.

e: all the big MP4s have turned the page into a pig

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!

Hah, remember when $6,750 was a huge insurance payment to get one off your back?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I was the ghost post all along.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Almost everyone who posted in the previous GTA thread played way too much of this game so no matter what we say about it now, it did something right.

Powershift is actually Owen Shaw: https://gfycat.com/JealousJealousKentrosaurus

funnel derby physics: https://gfycat.com/ScornfulSpiffyCondor
funnel derby ...whatever: https://gfycat.com/ImaginaryRelievedFattaileddunnart

the one time we all drove these multi-million dollar loving tugboats: https://gfycat.com/HomelyBlushingDowitcher

100% quality moments: https://gfycat.com/PessimisticFrayedBubblefish

hunting pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF8YfiXAtYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6z1145DkMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66vVgphrToU

some of us played way too much Rockets vs Insurgents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaVMnL9ZAL0

and remember: we never, ever had fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcQ2wBz7VM

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 11, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

T1g4h posted:

finally... a car to rival the Warrener :japan:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna buy 2, one devil Z for my movie car garage, and one to rice the gently caress out for my JDM garage.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Hey guys how's it goin

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
first page bithc

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tropos Rallye is best car.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

mutata posted:

Tropos Rallye is best car.

Thread over. Wrap it up.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

The OP mentions FUNnel derby and it's no joke. It's the mode with the biggest laughs and the hardest falls.

https://fat.gfycat.com/BruisedEnormousHyracotherium.webm

I gotchu notwolfenstein

coupe is decent at gta

notwolfenstein didn't cheat, but...

not sure who this is but lol do they eat it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I want to play a fun playlist with fun PS4 goons after seeing Rockets vs. Insurgents.

Basketcoil, LONMOARS, NATO Rules Football...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

The Duke O' Death is free if you're a returning player from the original version. You can get your own Armored Kuruma equivalent as soon as you drop in.

The Kuruma still wins out for me in terms of having superior maneuverability. The Duke is still a muscle car that swings all over the road if you try to drive at speed.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

CBJSprague24 posted:

I want to play a fun playlist with fun PS4 goons after seeing Rockets vs. Insurgents.

Basketcoil, LONMOARS, NATO Rules Football...

I should be around this evening...

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

We tried to pick this back up as a regular thing on the discord, the first two weeks were successful but eventually it fell off. I think Saturday night might not be the best night for everyone? Or the game is just dead on pc.

I'd like to get it going again if there's interest, so if anyone thinks a different night might be better let me know here or in discord.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

We tried to pick this back up as a regular thing on the discord, the first two weeks were successful but eventually it fell off. I think Saturday night might not be the best night for everyone? Or the game is just dead on pc.

I'd like to get it going again if there's interest, so if anyone thinks a different night might be better let me know here or in discord.

I'm definitely down for PC play, especially if anyone wants to help me beat Series A Funding and Pacific Standard because those are the only two non-Doomsday heists I haven't completed as heist leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm definitely down for PC play, especially if anyone wants to help me beat Series A Funding and Pacific Standard because those are the only two non-Doomsday heists I haven't completed as heist leader.

Like I said, large group activities such as rpgs vs insurgents & funnel derby.. either way, ping the discord & you might find help. I don't mind helping with heists when i can.