Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
IT literally getting dad-dicked by LeBron last year was when it really kicked into high gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
spurs somehow still third, the west other than gs and houston needs to be roundly mocked

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

paternity suitor posted:

They're a .500+ team with a rookie PG who looks like young larger Magic, and a 2nd year player who looks like young larger Hakeem. That's actually really good. Young players are bad in the NBA. Rookies are very very bad. For your OKC comparison, when KD was a 2nd year player and Russ was a rookie, OKC won 23 games.

They're really loving young man, they won't be .500 next year. Again, go to your OKC comp, and see the quantum leap they made from KD's 2nd to 3rd year, and Russ's rookie season to 2nd year. Players that young aren't supposed to be good. If the Sixers even finish .500 this year, which looks pretty good to happen, they're ahead of schedule, if they win 45 and make the playoffs, loving look out. They are going to be so good next year.

You are wrong, The Process is right.

Again, I'm not criticizing the sixers. I'm criticizing the Thunder for having every part of their tank go right (seriously they drafted two MVPs+Harden who might as well be an MVP in three consecutive years!) and screwing it up on their own.

The Sixers are great.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/962353792506359810

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Who ends up with a bigger deal based off end of season play with the Mavs, Noel or McBuckets?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/cediosman/status/962764024244047876

#HypeVid

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

EvanTH posted:

i phrased that silly but firing Sam Hinkie who was into year three running the Theo Epstein Method and replacing him with a short-term-profit-lovin management tool who gets to take credit just as all Hinkie's long-term strategies begin to pay off does kinda seem like bad management on PHI's part

Well, I think the other NBA owners (and Silver) had a lot to do with Hinkie's eventual ouster: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14317233/nba-owners-lobbied-league-office-philadelphia-76ers-changes. I mean, it seems like the directive for Jerry was very clear.

Over time it seemed like they diminished Hinkie's role, to the point that he wrote that manifesto and quit, and then Bryan Colangelo was hired by his dad soon after. It all smelled funny. And there isn't a lot of confidence in Bryan. It sucks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Who ends up with a bigger deal based off end of season play with the Mavs, Noel or McBuckets?

McBuckets getting the max

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Will Barton said "Lebron is the GOAT...

Of clearing out teams." :):)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

What it takes for this sorry Suns team to get up for a game is podcast beef

I'm hosed.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
I haven't been watching the Lakers this year. Is Julius Randle still bad on defense? Is Kyle Kuzma good?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tony Allen liked this tweet 👀👀👀 https://twitter.com/eddiesuttonfilm/status/962032714256826368

Tony coming back to Oklahoma

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tatankatonk posted:

I haven't been watching the Lakers this year. Is Julius Randle still bad on defense? Is Kyle Kuzma good?

Haven’t watched the lakers much, but from what I understand Randle can defend both the 4 and the 5 and holds his own when switched into guards.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/962781356945063936

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Haha this owns. I was at the Spectrum center and most of the conversations I overheard we're about how cool and good the Raptors are. Made me proud

Someone sitting beside me congratulated us on getting CJ Miles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

In honor of Paul Pierce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xau9SKa-w

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Can anyone beat this payroll?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Haha this owns. I was at the Spectrum center and most of the conversations I overheard we're about how cool and good the Raptors are. Made me proud

Someone sitting beside me congratulated us on getting CJ Miles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude went 6 for 9 from 3 pt land today

Nice.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

CJ Miles and his wife are great people, glad he's doing well in Toronto. That trade has been good for both, as CoJo has basically been the starting PG at the end of games and when Collison has been hurt.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's Cj Kilometers goddamn it

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/962789310465441792

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Tell me who should get MIP award over Clint capela.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tatankatonk posted:

Randle is ok on D, more neutral than good or bad. Lakers go so fast its sometimes hard to tell what is good/bad defense and what is just sloppiness from the pace.

Kuzma is good, not really on D though. He's sorta hit a rookie wall, and he's already 22 so temper expectations but I think he's going to be a good modern 4 that will let you open up your offense. He definitely benefits from the Laker's pace.

dokmo posted:

Oladipo?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dokmo posted:

The homer in me wants to say Fred Van Vleet but I know it's a silly answer

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dokmo posted:

Victor Olidipo

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah it has to be Vic

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I don't know. Capela is currently the most efficient scorer in the league and is top 10 offensive and defensive rebounder and blocks. Is oladipo top ten in anything?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eltoasto posted:

CJ Miles and his wife are great people, glad he's doing well in Toronto. That trade has been good for both, as CoJo has basically been the starting PG at the end of games and when Collison has been hurt.

I was pretty surprised to find out Miles isn't a bad defender and pretty good passer. I was just expecting someone to chuck up 3s at a good clip and pretty much nothing else. Also I swear he has the fastest release in the league

I'm glad that trade worked out for both teams

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 11, 2018

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

dokmo posted:

I don't know. Capela is currently the most efficient scorer in the league and is top 10 offensive and defensive rebounder and blocks. Is oladipo top ten in anything?

MIP usually goes to the guy who wildly increases his volume scoring, no? Can't see it going to anyone else. My homer pick is Jaylen Brown

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

That's a huuuge travel by JR

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oladipo went from a guy that couldn't beat Lou Williams off the dribble to all-star

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

dokmo posted:

Steals, hustle, and my heart.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes top ten in indiana

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dipo is probably a top-10 singer in the NBA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mean

Capela was really really good last season too

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Doltos posted:

That's a huuuge travel by JR

cool and good rule, you cantankerous wet blanket

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Intruder posted:

I mean

Capela was really really good last season too

True, but now he is much much better defensively.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/mellentuck/status/962814386002911232

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Daily Oladipo

https://twitter.com/FSIndiana/status/962814427065073664

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shameful D but man alive he can get up for a midsized guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog