Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Also lol if Fran does nothin for you you're probably dead inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

When do you get a second class on your characters in ff12

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Your Computer posted:

The cool thing about job systems is letting any character do anything, I feel like having unique quirks kinda goes against that.

IMO it's a more interesting take on job systems than "minor stat differences that favor certain characters becoming certain jobs.", which even that can been done both well job systems (Bravely Default) and badly (FFXI).

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

When do you get a second class on your characters in ff12

After Tomb of Raithwall.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also lol if Fran does nothin for you you're probably dead inside.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm are u suggesting gay people are dead inside?????????

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Dalmasca as a whole is very lax on amount of skin showing in any given outfit.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

IMO it's a more interesting take on job systems than "minor stat differences that favor certain characters becoming certain jobs.", which even that can been done both well job systems (Bravely Default) and badly (FFXI).

fwiw I think the stat differences thing is dumb too :v: I feel like it encourages pigeonholing characters into particular types of jobs and the whole point (imo anyway) of a job system is being free of that, y'know? Even if it doesn't matter much in the end it just feels kinda dumb, like the devs want to make sure you know that despite being able to pick any job, the dudes are inherently better at hitting things and the women are inherently better at casting magic.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

corn in the bible posted:

Sir this is a Migelo's Drivethru

Yes I'd like a Hyper Kebob with a side of Kupo Nuts please.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gologle posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm are u suggesting gay people are dead inside?????????

Look, even as a lesbian I can look at Donatello's David and go "Yeah no I get it." Fran isn't sexy, she is a work of art.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Look I get that FF12 is a divisive game but it gave us the Mega64 sketch with the skinny dude running around dressed as Vaan yelling "I'm Captain Basch!" and as far as I am concerned that makes it worth it. Also the music is fantastic, albeit in a totally different way from the fantastic music in 13.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Look, even as a lesbian I can look at Donatello's David and go "Yeah no I get it." Fran isn't sexy, she is a work of art.

As a famous poet once said, "I MEAN SERIOUSLY LET'S BE REAL HERE, HOW CAN YOU NOT THINK ABOUT SEX?"

Honestly the whole loving video is worth watching.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

As a lesbian I look at Fran and go 'that's some boring furry poo poo' tbf.

She does nothing for me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
plz don't doxx me i have long since moved beyond my adolescent years of youtubin'

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

esperterra posted:

As a lesbian I look at Fran and go 'that's some boring furry poo poo' tbf.

She does nothing for me.

Look, I dunno what about very tough very tall amazon ladies you don't understand but that's where the good poo poo is.

Get you a girl who can kill you with her legs or a stare.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Get you a girl who can kill you with her legs or a stare.

I'd rather Xenia Onatopp than Fran for such purposes!!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Am I allowed to think Fran is cool but her outfit is dumb?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Generally that's the default stance for a random FF character.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Your Computer posted:

What do you see in her besides the donk

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Your Computer posted:

Word. I like her too but that poo poo's embarrassing. And not only does Fran have thong/boob armor, you go to meet her people and it's an entire race of supermodel bunnies in fantasy lingerie.

Pretty much everyone's outfit is real stupid looking except Balthier's though. I'm willing to give Penelo a pass but those weird wing things on her back give me pause.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
penelo's shoes are impossible

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

penelo's shoes are impossible

Huh, I never really noticed, I will have to take a look next time I play.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Generally that's the default stance for a random FF character.

Well poo poo, you solved it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

she got that hoof foot

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

They're like Uggs but somehow worse.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's a real shame Zodiac Age didn't give you any alternative outfits

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry I always get distracted by her leather wings for the 6 seconds it takes to bench her forever.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Penelo's maternal grandmother was a pair of shoes.

Also r.i.p. r.i.p. Aerith

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nihilarian posted:

It's a real shame Zodiac Age didn't give you any alternative outfits

I just wish you could have ponytail basch in his ramshackle armor :( it’s a trillion times better than his regular look

P.S. nice new av Mega64

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Your Computer posted:

Fran is my favorite FF12 character because of everything already said and especially the fact that she's the elder wisewoman of the party. It's weird that it never gets mentioned but she knows everything about everything everywhere and can read ancient scripts and speak multiple languages and operate flying motorcycles and airships and do magic etc etc etc. She's an independent capable woman in the unfortunate state of having an outfit designed by an FF designer. Heck, she only needs help once in the entire game and it's near the end and the person who saves her is her partner so I wouldn't even call that a damsel in distress moment. I really wish they had done more with her background though. The Viera village section is really cool but I wish we had a little more background on her and Balthier. I know that it was intentionally vague but it would've been nice to have a little more info on how they met or something.

And yes the faux-Icelandic accent is the cherry on top. Every other stupid piece of Western trash ALWAYS follows the "British = Foreign" rule and it was really cool to hear a foreign/alien accent that was not Londoner. It really added a lot to her mystique and I loved it. Her voice actress did a good job with it too considering there were a few really bad lines she had to deliver.

ROFL Octopus posted:

I just wish you could have ponytail basch in his ramshackle armor :( it’s a trillion times better than his regular look

Agreed. I was miffed when they took the ponytail away and never got the option to get it back.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Fran is cool because her body language and attitude shows that that's how she dresses and she doesn't care about your opinions or feelings. As opposed to say Ivy from Soul Calibur, whose body language says "I exist to elicit sexual responses" despite them both wearing almost the same thing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Yes. Truly, Fran's ridiculous outfit shows she is strong and independent and not designed to arouse. Yes. 100%.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Yes. Truly, Fran's ridiculous outfit shows she is strong and independent and not designed to arouse. Yes. 100%.

I think you are misunderstanding the point of what they are saying. Yeah, its a dumb outfit designed to arouse horny teenagers. The admiration is in the animation and attitude she displays while wearing it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, Fran's design is certainly not intentionally empowering or w/e but the way they handled her character specifically suits it, from what I remember. Not unlike Bayonetta in that she just gives a vibe of being comfortable in her own skin/showing so much skin and giving no fucks about it.

I mean it's still a race of fantasy Playboy bunnies but Fran seems to be handled p well

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now that this game is on PC I'm sure there'll be mods to give Vaan and Fran shirts and Basch a ponytail soon enough.

Well, Fran might take longer.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Now that this game is on PC I'm sure there'll be mods to give Vaan and Fran shirts and Basch a ponytail soon enough.

I'm sorry to tell you but modders usually specialize in removing shirts, not adding them :v:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FFXII Clean Faces mod when

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Your Computer posted:

I'm sorry to tell you but modders usually specialize in removing shirts, not adding them :v:

Some of the first mods for X-2 put more clothes on the girls.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I have pride in the FF fanbase for believing in more clothes.

Please consider donating your time to give a poor FF character much-needed clothing to hide their Nomura-endorsed shame.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I am shocked, shocked I tell you that the person that designed Fran also designed 2B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Miss 2Booty looks classy af compared to Fran tbf