Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

HerraS posted:

Dick Suggler should come out each week to get kicked in the balls for twenty minutes

seconded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, her Bayley "impression" was saying "I'm Bayley". Its not that hard to hold the accent.

Rusev is the draw, Lana married up.

It would also have been an easy excuse to just use her normal voice.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

We're getting that lovely Nia/Alexa match at Mania whether we want it or not

I really want it so everyone can see what happens when neither of them are being carried by someone good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

I really want it so everyone can see what happens when neither of them are being carried by someone good.

Considering the Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax fanbase is now measuring a superstar's success by how long their lines are for autograph sessions, I don't think it'll phase them if Alexa vs Nia is a bad match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rarity posted:

I will not hear a bad word said about the Jersey girls. Who really should form a tag team at some point.
Carmella is actually not even from Jersey, she's from like Massachusetts iirc

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Push this excellent man

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, her Bayley "impression" was saying "I'm Bayley". Its not that hard to hold the accent.

Rusev is the draw, Lana married up.

lana was a big part of the act when rusev did his big us title run, it's only that insane hot summer angle with dolph and then pairing her up with tamina instead of back with rusev that made her look worse

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Considering the Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax fanbase is now measuring a superstar's success by how long their lines are for autograph sessions, I don't think it'll phase them if Alexa vs Nia is a bad match.

1) alexa bliss has the worst fanbase in all of wrestling, no offense to those here who like her but goddamn

2) nia jax has a fanbase?

3) if they're giving charlotte to rousey the match is going to be auska murdering bliss

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

1) alexa bliss has the worst fanbase in all of wrestling, no offense to those here who like her but goddamn

I'm gonna assume it's perverts

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

lana was a big part of the act when rusev did his big us title run, it's only that insane hot summer angle with dolph and then pairing her up with tamina instead of back with rusev that made her look worse
I got nothing against Lana. She's good at what she does, or at least she was when she was with Rusev. I imagine she could still be effective as a manager if used properly. But the idea that led to putting Lana with Rusev that he didn't have the charisma to get over seemed to be wrong. It turns out he's a charismatic and funny dude and grew past Lana. That's not a knock on her, but at this stage I think its safe to say she needs him more than he needs her.

Obviously I was just joking about the marriage thing.

AsInHowe posted:

I'm gonna assume it's perverts
Apparently Nazis too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The worst fans are actually Bullet Club fans but Alexa's are probably second.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Such a quiet weekend WWE wise. Can't remember one like it.

rovert fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 12, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Full-time WWE Superstar" Ronda Rousey has yet to appear on WWE weekly television

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even among all the hilariously bad hot takes since the Rumble that's dumb.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

"Full-time WWE Superstar" Ronda Rousey has yet to appear on WWE weekly television

Hope she's a cameraman in the Chamber match and then later in the match she rips off a moustache to reveal its Ronda Rousey.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

STAC Goat posted:

Apparently Nazis too.

What?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

john i hope you finally wear the nexus shirt at WM buddy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Daniel bryan coming out in the MMC and there being text "yes"es during his intro.

Stop the text!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

In what world is 'making more money' not a measure of success in pro wrestling?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nazis like wrestling.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rare Magic card l00k posted:

In what world is 'making more money' not a measure of success in pro wrestling?

WWE autograph sessions are free to attend and partcipate in, from what I recall. They aren't referring to Axxess sessions. :ssh:

Also someone said Alexa fans are nazis probably because I post about said fans in the Stupid Wrestling Fan thread.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Even among all the hilariously bad hot takes since the Rumble that's dumb.

Yeah, even if you ignore that she's filming a movie (a thing that a LOT of full-timers take time out to do, btw, or are we side-eyeing Miz and Becky?), anyone who thought full-time for Ronda meant 'does meaningless 6-woman tags on Raw and Main Event' is very, very mistaken

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, even if you ignore that she's filming a movie (a thing that a LOT of full-timers take time out to do, btw, or are we side-eyeing Miz and Becky?), anyone who thought full-time for Ronda meant 'does meaningless 6-woman tags on Raw and Main Event' is very, very mistaken

Yeah, I think WWE is stretching the term full time here. I think its more likely she ends up working a Brock Lesnar like schedule. Maybe appearing a little more than that. Whatever brand she's on though is likely going to suffer, at least in terms of quality though! WWE has proven they can't book good main roster women's feud without a title on the line, and I'll be shocked if Ronda isn't either Smackdown or RAW Women's Champion by the end of the year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't care if she shows up at every stupid Raw because Raw blows and the more you're on it, the less over you'll be, but imo if they're gonna say "full-time", she should at least be at every pay per view. Not necessarily wrestling, since she really shouldn't wrestle at EC, but after Mania, if she pulls a Brock and fucks off for over two months and doesn't come back around until July, I really don't see why I should care about her, or why the people negotiating TV rights with WWE should, either, frankly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They give people time to finish up other commitments/projects/etc. before they have to report literally all the time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She has been training for months already at the PC. It was a stupid move to not have her on the follow up tv to the rumble.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's just funny that they made a big showing of "full-time contract" and made sure to get that in all the headlines, only for her to immediately gently caress off and barely be mentioned again

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Nazis like wrestling.

Everyone does.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
She has obligations elsewhere that'll keep her off TV for a bit, but the Rumble is where you do all your big angles to set up Wrestlemania so they made sure to get her on that. It's not that big a deal.

What would she have done at Raw the night after the Rumble? More stupid pointing?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TApped out asuka

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Tapped out by Stephanie

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

VJeff posted:

She has obligations elsewhere that'll keep her off TV for a bit, but the Rumble is where you do all your big angles to set up Wrestlemania so they made sure to get her on that. It's not that big a deal.

What would she have done at Raw the night after the Rumble? More stupid pointing?

Been on tv so that people would watch the weekly tv. If she is supposed to draw you have her draw people to weekly tv while your contact negotiations are coming up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Been on tv so that people would watch the weekly tv. If she is supposed to draw you have her draw people to weekly tv while your contact negotiations are coming up.

Yeah but she can do that after her other obligations are taken care of.

Until Wrestlemania, all she has to do is set up her Wrestlemania match. She doesn't need to be on every Raw for the next two months to do that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

In any other case, you might be right, but having her on Raw every week would kill any drawing power she has. By week 4 Alexa would be cutting one of those promos where they photoshop Ronda's head onto the Statue of Liberty and doing a bad impression of her to bury her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bad impressions is the Miz’s thing, please don’t steal.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lana and rusev #1

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

shiksa posted:

lana and rusev #1

👏 👏

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I love Rusev channeling some attitude era Jericho with how he says people’s names

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Bad impressions is the Miz’s thing, please don’t steal.

Yeah, Alexa would just hire someone to pretend to be her coach and someone to pretend to be her best friend and they'd start making out.

Twist, it's actually her real coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bayley never denied any of those people weren’t who they said they were. Canonically all true.

• Locked thread