Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Where are all the bad alexa fans? Is it twitter? Cuz the guy that posted a picture of ALEXA sliced into his arm was twitter.

There was a lovely wrestle forum posted in the 'stupid opinions' thread but those guys don't seem to like Alexa much.

Don't say I am the bad Alexa fan, I am extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dromal phrenia posted:

Where are all the bad alexa fans? Is it twitter? Cuz the guy that posted a picture of ALEXA sliced into his arm was twitter.

There was a lovely wrestle forum posted in the 'stupid opinions' thread but those guys don't seem to like Alexa much.

Don't say I am the bad Alexa fan, I am extremely good.

They are referring to Doctor Gonzo, in exclusivity, and some dude they saw on reddit.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

2) nia jax has a fanbase?
I've met a bunch of casual fans who like her

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Given the choice between Nia and like half of the other women's rosters including people like Tamina and every non-Ruby Riott Squad member, I prefer Nia. idk if I'd call that liking or being a fan of her though

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

1) alexa bliss has the worst fanbase in all of wrestling, no offense to those here who like her but goddamn

2) nia jax has a fanbase?

3) if they're giving charlotte to rousey the match is going to be auska murdering bliss

Nia Jax is good.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

lana was a big part of the act when rusev did his big us title run, it's only that insane hot summer angle with dolph and then pairing her up with tamina instead of back with rusev that made her look worse

I think even more than the Tamina thing was what happened after she debuted in a championship match. She looked okay in that match, but with the impression of 'welcome to the division, you aren't at the championship level, but might be in the future'. A character you can invest in, Lana slowly becoming a better wrestler. And then they had Naomi beat her again, but easier. Then they had Naomi squash her. WWE just changed the message to "Lana sucks, don't invest in her. She's going to be mentored by this person who sucks even more".

Aphrodite posted:

Bayley never denied any of those people weren’t who they said they were. Canonically all true.

So easy to not kill the Bayley character, and yet look at what they did and continue to do.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 12, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Remember when Miz brought out John Cena's college girlfriend and his best friend and told everyone how they were cucking John behind his back and Cena just looked sad and walked to the back?

Oh, wait that didn't happen because they want Cena to be over

(Also remember how completely they killed Zack Ryder's push by having Cena steal his girlfriend and let him get murdered by Kane?)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kane pushing Ryder off the stage in a wheelchair remains the hardest laugh i've had at this company's booking in the last few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diny4a32Nsc

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wazzu posted:

I think even more than the Tamina thing was what happened after she debuted in a championship match. She looked okay in that match, but with the impression of 'welcome to the division, you aren't at the championship level, but might be in the future'. A character you can invest in, Lana slowly becoming a better wrestler. And then they had Naomi beat her again, but easier. Then they had Naomi squash her. WWE just changed the message to "Lana sucks, don't invest in her. She's going to be mentored by this person who sucks even more".

Lana wrestling was only for a Total Divas storyline where she’s an unbelievable rear end in a top hat to everyone telling her that maybe she’s not Asuka yet.

Also as part of that storyline, it was punishment. Lana botched being pinned, and had a shoulder up. She tweeted out a screenshot of that without permission, so they gave her another match but had her lose even easier.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

mostly twitter and reddit and stuff, I wouldn't say here that's why I added the apology

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You'd think the nazis would like charlotte instead of alexa what with the genetic superiority and all

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Remember when Seth Rollins used to hardcore dance in his entrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lty5RqdeFpU

oh Seth you are such a loving geek :allears:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
[me, seth rollins, playing music in my parents basement]
mom: TURN IT DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lmao

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Remember when Seth Rollins used to hardcore dance in his entrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lty5RqdeFpU

oh Seth you are such a loving geek :allears:

His second reign was cut short (the cash in suitably stopped events), but I truly hope that he keeps up the tradition of doing his stupid hardcore dance belt waving every time he wins the big belt.

Him doing that at Wrestlemania was adorable :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MotU posted:

:emptyquote:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm watching the gimmick battle Royale with my girlfriend who has never watched anything that hasn't occurred since last year. Entrances are going on.

"there's another one? Are they gonna fight?"

I said yeah.

"WHEN"

I didn't have an answer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm watching the gimmick battle Royale with my girlfriend who has never watched anything that hasn't occurred since last year. Entrances are going on.

"there's another one? Are they gonna fight?"

I said yeah.

"WHEN"

I didn't have an answer.

I like how Iron Sheik literally only won that match because he was too decrepit and broken down to bump over the top rope

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

They are referring to Doctor Gonzo, in exclusivity, and some dude they saw on reddit.

as a nazi or as a pervert?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Gonzo gives new meaning to the term Reichsmark.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Just watched Angle vs. Benoit from Royal Rumble 2003- aside from being a great match, man were Taz and Michael Cole great.

Taz added colour, experience, carried himself like a tough guy astoundingly well; Cole was a professional, well informed, passionate. They had a dialogue with each other, continuing each other's points, talking back and forth, but they also seemed like friends who liked each other and loved wrestling. They seem head and shoulders above the present commentators.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

mostly twitter and reddit and stuff, I wouldn't say here that's why I added the apology

I didn't take it personally, it's just mentioned a lot and I haven't really seen anything out of the ordinary. There's the usual horndogs salivating over her butt and posting old bikini pics and whatnot, but I think that's true with every woman. It's a common enough sentiment that I assume there are some real lovely fans out there, but I haven't found anyone worse than the average internet wrestling fan.

I DID however just google "alexa bliss reddit" and found this gif so I'm sharing it. Braun should teach Alexa how to kip-up (wont display in my post for some reason)

https://media.giphy.com/media/26DN6WZcCEvhOb960/giphy.gif

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's one of her house show joke spots.

Sometimes she lands it and celebrates, then gets hit while celebrating of course.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wazzu posted:

Just watched Angle vs. Benoit from Royal Rumble 2003- aside from being a great match, man were Taz and Michael Cole great.

I'm still astounded that this match was on the same card as Triple H vs Scott Steiner. Talk about highs and lows.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Somehow Braun and Bliss had the lowest rated episode of MMC. If Rusev doesn't have the highest I'm calling all the Rusev Dayers posers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The lowest live viewers. The whole thing has been remarkably consistent overall, especially for a US only platform, but it's the live number they're interested in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

The lowest live viewers. The whole thing has been remarkably consistent overall, especially for a US only platform, but it's the live number they're interested in.

Facebook seems like a primarily VOD platform, so...why?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They were behind Tout for a long time. WWE is run by old people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Facebook seems like a primarily VOD platform, so...why?

I guess because VOD views can be as short as 3 seconds to count, with the live number you can always take whatever it dropped to at the lowest and say more than that many tuned in.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE linking to Breitbart

https://twitter.com/WWEPR/status/963079800607911936

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Personally, I'm STUNNED that a company run by a man who donated millions to the Trump campaign & has a wife in his cabinet would link to a positive article from Breitbart.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Personally, I'm STUNNED that a company run by a man who donated millions to the Trump campaign & has a wife in his cabinet would link to a positive article from Breitbart.

And Orton being the poster boy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm more stunned there's positive articles on Breitbart at all.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

They deported all the Mexicans to 205 live and their top Muslim is evil now so it makes sense that Breitbart are big fans

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEonESPN/status/963096631154479104

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Aphrodite posted:

I guess because VOD views can be as short as 3 seconds to count, with the live number you can always take whatever it dropped to at the lowest and say more than that many tuned in.

My problem with FB Video is that I cannot join late and view from the beginning. it seems like you'e locked into the live feed until it is finished and put on demand.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bayley or Sasha is turning 100% unconfirmed:

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/963095924204433409

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Sasha is the obvious choice but heel bayley could be fun as hell

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MotU posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still astounded that this match was on the same card as Triple H vs Scott Steiner. Talk about highs and lows.

Big Poppa Pump debuts, is pushed to a WHC feud right before Mania, and then doesn't even make the Mania card.

• Locked thread