Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
White House chief of staff and shop teacher telling you to stop horsing around with that buzzsaw, John Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Phoneposting so I can't do a screencap, but last night's "Republican senator and Oldest Woman Ever To Play Annie, Susan Collins" was freakin gold.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Gwenyth Paltrow on colbert tonight

normally i wouldnt care, but Covington House is my favorite bit of his

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUMPdhx96i4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Y'all should really watch Conan's Haiti episode because he immerses himself in local culture, talks to real passionate Haitian people, and it really hammers home just how asinine Trump's comment about Haiti being a shithole was.

http://teamcoco.com/video/full-episode-sat-1-27-conan-in-haiti?playlist=x;eyJ0eXBlIjoidGFnIiwiaWQiOjl9

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That Rose McGowan interview on Colbert certainly was something to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5kp7dTYHOo

If we were still in an era where people actually cared about late night talk shows, this would probably have people talking like the Madonna interview did. Instead it's barely a blip. But it's an interesting watch all the same.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Sir Lemming posted:

That Rose McGowan interview on Colbert certainly was something to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5kp7dTYHOo

If we were still in an era where people actually cared about late night talk shows, this would probably have people talking like the Madonna interview did. Instead it's barely a blip. But it's an interesting watch all the same.

When I read this, I thought you meant that it was an informative, enlightening, inspiring, or hilarious interview.

So I clicked the link. And I really am not one of those smiley-type guys, but the best summary of that interview I can give is, :stare:.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Speaking of witch, did anyone see Rose's interview on The Daily Show? Because while she was slightly more coherent, her makeup was... well, it was. Let's just say that. I'm not sure if she started applying it thinking "I'll go out there as a clown" and just had to get on stage before she got the white all over her face or not, but man oh man.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe these talk show hosts just shouldn't interview her. I dunno, maybe that's not the right solution either. I just feel like Craig would have something to say about this.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Sir Lemming posted:

To be fair, Madonna was still at the high point of career then and is undoubtedly a cultural icon. Rose McGowan is about 10 years removed from anything anyone would recognize her in.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
And on the topic of the old days of late night talk shows, Jay Leno better hope his old shows stay forgotten, because he was a pretty creepy lech sometimes.

So was Conan. Is Conan. Rebecca Romijn was on the other day and he fell into his old creep schtick like it was ever cute. Admittedly, it was kind of cute 20 years ago. Now it’s extremely uncomfortable to watch. On another recent episode he also just couldn’t let it go that a guy in the audience didn’t want to rub his nipple. It must be taxing to have to deal with him IRL.

Just... stop. You have a wife, you have two children, and this poo poo isn’t being tolerated anymore.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

pwn posted:

So was Conan. Is Conan. Rebecca Romijn was on the other day and he fell into his old creep schtick like it was ever cute. Admittedly, it was kind of cute 20 years ago. Now it’s extremely uncomfortable to watch. On another recent episode he also just couldn’t let it go that a guy in the audience didn’t want to rub his nipple. It must be taxing to have to deal with him IRL.

Just... stop. You have a wife, you have two children, and this poo poo isn’t being tolerated anymore.

Yeah, that poo poo has always been weird. The contrast was particularly striking with, like, Craig Ferguson showing how you can actually flirt with a guest without being creepy as gently caress and making the guest uncomfortable.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
By the by, tonight’s special live Tonight Show from Minneapolis is now going to be 71 minutes long.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Megazver posted:

Yeah, that poo poo has always been weird. The contrast was particularly striking with, like, Craig Ferguson showing how you can actually flirt with a guest without being creepy as gently caress and making the guest uncomfortable.

I love watching the Craig Ferguson and Lena Headey interviews, especially seeing how they progressed from the first to second to third. Exactly what you're talking about.

I normally love Conan's Clueless Gamer segment, but his Cuphead one with Kate Upton was super tiring for the reason you said.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i wish jimmy fallon was funny

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

DC Murderverse posted:

i wish jimmy fallon was funny

Well, we know he thinks he's funny

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Late Show’s spin-off, Our Cartoon President, is on Showtime Anytime if anyone wants to watch before its debut on Sunday.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Conan's website is really bad. They bounce you to the TBS site for Thursday's episode with Dr Phil and it doesn't work at all.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Conan's website is really bad. They bounce you to the TBS site for Thursday's episode with Dr Phil and it doesn't work at all.

That's Conan's website trying to save you from seeing Doctor Firstname.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Milo and POTUS posted:

I have uBlock Origin on Chrome on my PC and I've watched full episodes of Conan on that site with zero ads perfectly fine many times before v:shobon:v

Unless they changed something recently that broke things

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

IRQ posted:

That's Conan's website trying to save you from seeing Doctor Firstname.

I almost never watch the interviews anyway lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Milo and POTUS posted:

I almost never watch the interviews anyway lol
Conan's interviews with Dr. Phil are some of the only Conan interviews actually worth watching. You can tell Dr. Phil has a really good sense of humor so it's usually just him and Conan shooting the poo poo like friends and roasting each other. He's usually not on the show to promote a certain project.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Craig Ferguson has spoiled me to all other talk show interviews. All other talk shows, really.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh poo poo.

http://twitter.com/ConanOBrien/status/962973980197089280

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

omg YES

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Who is that?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A8W77m-ZTw

One of the best characters to come out of Conan's show, except he's not playing a character, he's actually just hilariously awkward and weird in real life.

He's like a real life version of an Office Space character.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmRouEds_2A

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's what I had in mind, it's insane

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm glad Conan is embracing his destiny as Rick Steves For Milennials.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A8W77m-ZTw

One of the best characters to come out of Conan's show, except he's not playing a character, he's actually just hilariously awkward and weird in real life.

He's like a real life version of an Office Space character.

i never noticed how hes not trying to laugh when conan gives him the windmere

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i never noticed how hes not trying to laugh when conan gives him the windmere

He's pretty good at doing a straight face but when he starts to lose it I always do.

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm glad Conan is embracing his destiny as Rick Steves For Milennials.

His travel series are excellent and his road show weeks are solid. He should really just ditch the sound stage entirely.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Milo and POTUS posted:

His travel series are excellent and his road show weeks are solid. He should really just ditch the sound stage entirely.
Seriously, he's doing enough remote shows as it is and taking along friends like Flula Borg, so I don't see a reason for him to keep the stage format. I mean I know it's more expensive to travel, but he wouldn't be booking regular guests and he could do it less often, like once a month or something. I'm sure his travel show segments get way more YouTube clicks (the metric of success of late night shows nowadays) than his studio segments anyway. Well, those and his Clueless Gamer segments.

I'd be all for him doing studio shows less frequently if it means more of him dicking around in foreign countries and being terrible at video games with famous people.

I can't remember now, but TBS probably renewed his contract for the current show for the next couple years, huh? It'd be great if he could do something like Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee meets Rick Steves. I think that'd be great for keeping anticipation up for his material if he only did one season a year or something instead of 4 studio shows a week.

People are way more likely to get burnt out on him if the quantity vastly exceeds the quality. I mean, I still watch every episode of his show because I appreciate his stupid brand of humor, but I admittedly get way more excited about the shows when he breaks the mold.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 15, 2018

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

his contract was for a buttload of shows supposedly, including clueless gamer and stuff

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'll be interested to see what kind of effect Letterman's new show has on late night, where it's just do whatever you want, whenever you want. I'd love to see Conan end up with something like that, exception obviously his strength is remotes instead of Dave's interviews.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

conan did serious jibber jabber on youtube right after tbs

hourling interviews with mel brooks, martin short, and the writers he worked with on the simpsons are all fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJ28qOEG1g

they talk about having carson on and its a great story

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Serious Jibber Jabber was great but has he released a recent one?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nah, maybe he got it out of his system back then though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wasn't watching Letterman regularly before he left, so I somehow missed this but found it the other day and wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzPONYTT-fk

Probably the closest to Classic Dave you could get from him at that point in time