Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
D. Just D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B

Obviously

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

After a moment of running the variables, you say “Let’s skip the Angel in Northeast for now.”

“Are you sure about that?” Kind asks. “Pretty close to where your base.”

“Closer to the Home Office, they’re making a push for Northeast,” You counter. “Ruin, pass word back to them, ‘Thanks for the invitation but we’re currently occupied. Oh by the way, you have a pest in your house.’ That should distract them, plus dealing with it will show they have some good will towards us.”

“You want to just hand them an angel like that?” Ruin asks.

“I’m not ready to try to take on a Hunter-Killer. Are you?” you look at Ms. Kind. “Either of you? H.O. promises safety and stability, let’s see them keep that promise. We need to focus on gaining intel and allies.”

“So you want to follow up on this Infrastructure?” Tone asks.

“Yes, it’s by the old Ford Plant, which means it’s river-adjacent, which means it’s a big deal.”

The mighty Mississippi is a complication to both Unchained and Agents of the God-Machine. It cuts through the Twin Cities, neatly separating Minneapolis from St. Paul. It seems to act as a supernatural buffer or insulator. Get too close to it and it seems to knock Infrastructure out of balance, it interferes with matrices, it alters expected outputs. It is rumored that Demon’s powers sometimes don't work as expected on the river either. These affects cannot be predicted, one moment a matrix may explode in your face, and the next it may supercharge the output. It has effectively made the banks the bridges a DMZ for all parties.

Which makes the sudden appearance of some Infrastructure very compelling.

“What about the newly Fallen?” Kind asks. “We should investigate that. It’s probably too late to do anything, but in the off chance we can pick up someone with some recent intel about the Machine...”

“It’s been too long,” says Ruin shaking his head. “They’re probably being sat on by H.O.”

“Or they’ve already been reintegrated.” Tone says.

“We’ll poke around.” You say. “We can’t let a source like that go without at least investigating.”

“Fine.” Ruin grumbles. “But we’d need to move fast, we’re behind as it is.”

“We should at least do some prep,” Kind counters. “We don’t want this to be another Lawson Apartments.”

“We all lived through that,” Ruin said.

“Your old Cover didn’t. Not all of us have spares.” Kind replies. “But, can we hurry this up? Alison’s husband will be wondering where she is.”

“Okay, how do we run this?” Tone asks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have two objectives.
1. Make contact with Ms. Watch and investigate the new Infrastructure in Highland Park
2. Investigate the Fallen Angel in Uptown.

You are more familiar with Highland Park than Uptown, though you remember Uptown being the counterculture center of the Cities 30 years ago. The amount of people has always kept you from spending time there, though it is close to Mabin’s apartment, so going there would not be too suspicious.

You must decide which of these you want to investigate first. You can do both eventually, or even send some of your Ring members to scout out one, but you can only be at one place, at one time.

1 . Where do you go first?
A. Search for a new Fallen
B. Investigate this new Infrastructure.

You also must choose when you are going. Doing something tonight might be helpful because you’ll be moving quickly. But, waiting until tomorrow and preparing/sleeping is a good plan too. Many store will be closed by now so you’ll struggle to get some work done. But then again, fewer people out means fewer eyes.

2. When should you leave?
A. Now
B. In the morning.

Finally

3. What should the rest of your Ring do? They can be totally autonomous on their own, they can go with you, or they can do some other job for you. Really anything is possible, but if you want them to do something against their own best interest, you’ll have to roll for it.

Currently here is what you know about your Ring:

Mr. Ruin - A Destroyer with a talent for..well...destroying. He tends to favor razing Infrastructure once he has learned everything he can from it. You know his cover as Prof. Tim Harvy from UMN.

Ms. Kind - A Guardian who apparently fell in love with her charge. While Ruin is good at destroying things, Kind is good at destroying people. Her Cover is named Alison, with a family that you have never met, and never will, she has been very clear on this.

Mr. Tone - A Messenger, though he does not think of himself as one any more. He provides logistics and data retrieval. His Cover is named Nels and from what you have discovered, he does something with the City.

I have made a Google Map for Reference. Let me know if anything does work.

Also, really good ideas and suggestions for the questions and music! I’m going to be using a lot of these suggestions so by all means keep ‘em coming.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 . B We're good with stuff so let's head for the infrastructure first.

2. A Go now, we can get a couple hours in and then head for bed if we don't find anything.

3. Take Tone and Ruin with us.

It sounds like Kind needs to get back to her family tonight, so let her go. No need to make her upset. Have her go ahead and start looking for the new fallen when she can get away from the family.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1. B Investigate the infrastructure on our own - this is our forte
2. A
3. Send Mr. Ruin and Mr. Tone so they can negotiate or fight as needed to the Fallen Angel - time is important here and we don't really contribution anything to negotiations compared with Mr. Tone - and if something goes wrong Mr. Ruin can bail him out. Let Ms. Kind go home.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1. B do what we're good at
2. A
3. Send Mr. Ruin and Mr. Tone to investigate the Fallen Angel. Let Ms. Kind go home.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

MinutePirateBug posted:

2. A
3. Send Mr. Ruin and Mr. Tone so they can negotiate or fight as needed to the Fallen Angel - time is important here and we don't really contribution anything to negotiations compared with Mr. Tone - and if something goes wrong Mr. Ruin can bail him out. Let Ms. Kind go home.

Let's go with this

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

MinutePirateBug posted:

2. A

Same.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

MinutePirateBug posted:

2. A

Cool

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

1. B do what we're good at
2. A
3. Send Mr. Ruin and Mr. Tone to investigate the Fallen Angel. Let Ms. Kind go home.

Also, to continue musical suggestions

Nine Inch Nails - Terrible Lie "Hey God, why are you doing this to me? Am I not living up to what I'm supposed to be. Why am I seething with this animosity. I think you owe me a great big apology.

KMFDM - Stray Bullet Stray Bullet from the heavens above, stray bullet, ready or not, I'm the illegitimate son of god.

Zeromancer - Send me an Angel You're looking for love, calling heaven above. Send me an angel, send me an angel, right now.

The Scorpions - Alien Nation In the city of angels Death is just a moment away In the city of angels Your future won't see the light of the day

Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet We took advice from that deceiving snake He said don't worry it's a piece of cake And sent us swimming in a burning lake Now we're abandoned here for heaven's sake

Trans-Siberian-Orchestra - Mephistopheles See it, rising, stare and wonder, hear it, beckon you to dance. Feel it, hold you, take you under. I'm your god of second chance.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

MinutePirateBug posted:

2. A

I agree with this

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BA

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

“I’ll check out Highland Park, just some recon tonight. Kind, go home to your family. You two,” you point at Ruin and Tone. “Go sniff around Uptown, see if there’s even anything of interest there.”

“That’ll take all night,” Tone whines. “Some of us have jobs we need to be at in the morning.”

“Listen,” Tone gets like this at times. He has a brilliant mind for analysis, but he needs to be pushed out of his comfort zone quite a bit. “Ruin can’t do it alone. You’re the better people person than he is. Besides, your Cover might be a better benefit than his at Uptown.”

“Yeah, it’ll be full of Tim’s students,” Ruin says. “Past and current. That doesn’t lead to a lot of autonomy.”

“I get that,” Tone says. “But Nels doesn’t go to Uptown, he doesn’t like going to Minneapolis at all. I’m not going to break by Cover to go drinking.”

Then Pact some college kid..” you suggest. “The area is going to be full of drunk 20 and 30 year olds who desperately want to have money. You’d be able to shore up something. Or hell, you could probably make a Patchjob in one night if you tried.”

Tone mulls it over for a few minutes. “If we don’t find anything in an hour, or if it’s too hot, we’re out.” He turns to Ruin. “Got that?”

“Fine and dandy.”

“Great.” You say and push your coffee cup away. “Check your dead drops in the morning, I’ll check mine. Let’s stay off electronics until we have some more intel.”

You stand to leave, and Ms. Kind drops her Embed.

“And remember,” you say to everyone. “Moscow Rules*.”

You shove your hands in your pockets and leave the Broiler, nodding to the staff as you do. You hear Nels cuss under his breath about you not paying, again. But Mabin is always hard up for cash, it’d be problematic if she did.

It is bitterly cold outside, not quite into the -20s but getting there. The forecast suggested it’d be in the negative 40s in a few days. Certainly not the first nor the worst cold snap you have lived through, but it made getting around a pain. There were no buses running right now, and you didn’t want to use Mabin's phone to call an Uber. It would be about a 2 mile hike to the statue, long but doable. Mabin stamps some life back into her feet, wraps her jacket around her tightly, and trudges off. As she walks, you think.

You have been out in the cold for a long time. You tried to build a life for yourself previously, hide in the Cover you took from the Machine. And it was decent, but after 80 years you have become..restless.... Your Descent was peaceful for decades at a time, but ultimately slow and stymying. You knew Unchained who zealously followed their path to forge their own Hell and, once having attained it, vanished into the fog forever. Yet, you just trudged along, living a lie. You had not even make any headway on your personal Cipher, the quadratic expression of magic that would unlock a secret of the universe to you.

1. What is the first Embed in our Cipher**? Vote for as many as you like
A. In My Pocket
B. Like I Built It
C. Sabotage
D. Authorized

Instead you have watched the city build itself up, and start to tear itself down. Being that old is useful, but also a burden. Remembering everything that ever happened to you with perfect clarity means there is a lot to sort through. The younger Demons don’t understand just because you were at the 1991 World Series does not mean you can pull up all your memories of it at the drop of a hat, it takes time.

2. What was our original Cover like? Be as specific or as vague as you want.

Case in point, you think as you near the Ford Parkway intersection, you were not here when the Ford Plant was built but you do remember it. It was, for decades, a massive chunk of Infrastructure, but at the turn of the century it has stopped being of interest to the Machine, and started to become disassembled. You were busy adjusting to Mabin at that time and weren’t paying attention to much else, so the details are sketchy. The land the plant was on is prime development land. From your understanding, the city has been sectioning off that site piecemeal for some time. In November they started building a park up near the Boulevard overlooking the river. Small thing, good for walking your dog or for teenagers to feel themselves up in.

You duck into the Tiffany Lounge to warm up for a moment to warm up and plan. The park is under construction, about four blocks down the road. Even from here you can see the chain link fence put up, though from this distance you cannot see any statue.

3. What do you do?

A. Jump the fence, go scouting as Mabin
B. Walk by and just see if you can see it. “Ping” the area with Aether to try to pinpoint where the statue is and if it’s giving off Aether (aka active).
C. Switch into some element of your Demonic Form (which one?) and sneak in that way?
D. Something else. (you suggest, I’ll figure out the rolls.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In Demon, XP is gained via Beats. The info post of the thead explains beats, more detailed. One of the ways we gain them is by our Agenda Condition.

So we get a beat whenever we do something like what we did to Tone. We can "tap" the condition for the bottom effect, but that means we can't access it for awhile after.

*Cold War operatives working in Moscow, under threat of extremely harsh treatment if they were discovered, worked to an unwritten code commonly called the Moscow Rules. As demons face similar circumstances, they’re useful as “good advice for demons”. Now, rules are broken all the time. That is when Plot happens.

• Assume nothing.
• Never go against your instincts.
• Everyone is potentially under opposition control.
• There’s always someone watching you.
• Go with the flow and blend in.
• Avoid building up a pattern, and stay in cover.
• Lull them into a false sense of complacency.
• Don’t harass the opposition.
• Pick the opportune moment for action.
• Always have a back-up plan.

**The Cipher is basically four Embeds that, connected together, form a philosophical and technological unity that unlocks a final secret to your own Hell. See, we might think our hell is No Gods, No Masters, but we’re not sure what that exactly looks like, or HOW we get there. Between every Embed is a personal unique power to you, called an Interlock, that is some sort of thematic bridge between the two. All this is mechanics that I will cover. We know our first Embed, but we have no idea what the others are, or even if we have them.

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 13, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. B

2. Balding white male civil engineer. We worked for the city on infrastructure. Not all that different from our angelic job, really. As a white middle class dude we were practically invisible, with just a touch of that "on the spectrum" aura engineers are often known for. Back in the day a few women tried to land us as good husband material, but we didn't go for it.

3. B

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1.A

2. A woman who went out into the dust bowl, we said we were a widow, but we traveled to different points in town to stabilize occult matrices.

3. A

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
What exactly does 2C entail? Presumably it is more powerful but also more risky?

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

Dr Subterfuge posted:

What exactly does 2C entail? Presumably it is more powerful but also more risky?

Demons have the ability to activate only some parts of their demonic forms powers. It is a risk to cover, just less than going full blast.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

JesterOfAmerica posted:

Demons have the ability to activate only some parts of their demonic forms powers. It is a risk to cover, just less than going full blast.

Yes, switching on one of your powers (so like Urban Fluidity, or Mirrored Skin) and just one is possible, and less of a cover risk. It's a little trickier though to be that precise.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

What exactly does "pinging" with Aether entail? Would it cost us Aether that we'd then have to replenish somewhere, and would it be detectable by others in the area?

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Crazycryodude posted:

What exactly does "pinging" with Aether entail? Would it cost us Aether that we'd then have to replenish somewhere, and would it be detectable by others in the area?

It's magic sonar more or less. We'd need to spend some Aether (1 out of our 10), and then we can sense it throughout the scene. It is in vague terms, ( “a massive energy source is approaching from due east” vs “twelve yards away an angel just spent three points of Essence) but it is helpful. As to detection, it is a demonic trait. Angels would not notice, but nearby Unchained might.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

1. A.
2. Wilhelm "Billy" Sager, a German worker who left his country to avoid being drafted during the Great War. He was a daytaler, wandering through the Midwest and looking for jobs to stay afloat. Wherever he went, Dust Bowl followed. After the Fall, the Cover turned out to be pretty useful - staying low is a good way to avoid the agents of the Machine and it turned out to be pretty easy to patch and swap. After all, there is always plenty of desperate vagabonds willing to make a Pact
3. A.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

1. C, Hell involves literally killing God, makes sense that the power what lets us break machines is a key part of that.

Gantolandon posted:

2. Wilhelm "Billy" Sager, a German worker who left his country to avoid being drafted during the Great War. He was a daytaler, wandering through the Midwest and looking for jobs to stay afloat. Wherever he went, Dust Bowl followed. After the Fall, the Cover turned out to be pretty useful - staying low is a good way to avoid the agents of the Machine and it turned out to be pretty easy to patch and swap. After all, there is always plenty of desperate vagabonds willing to make a Pact
3. A.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

1. C, Hell involves literally killing God, makes sense that the power what lets us break machines is a key part of that.

I'd be perfectly fine simply deposing and de-vampiring God, but I doubt God works that way. :sigh:

1. C is the only real option, though, yes; D defeats the purpose and A and B set us up as the Master, so.... maybe B could work as a later embed (if the I refers to the citizen of Hell in general, rather than us in particular), but for now, no.

2. Sager is fine.

3. A is a little safer than I'd like but without knowing how to manage character resources it's hard to choose anything else.

MinutePirateBug posted:

3. D Oh look you conveniently have a pocket sized drone. Use the aerial drone to scout out the area then jump the fence or ping.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 13, 2018

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

dont be mean to me posted:

but without knowing how to manage character resources it's hard to choose anything else.

This brings up a good point, if any one has questions about mechanics, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best as possible. Also, I promise to warn people if an option is very risky.

For example, we can hook ourselves up to Infrastructure and regain Aether whenever we want. But if we fail to unhook ourselves properly, we alert Angels that someone is loving around with stuff. We don't paint a target on our back directly , we just let out an alert Demons are about.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
Woopie Post

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1A

3B

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. C
3. B

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1. A

3. D Oh look you conveniently have a pocket sized drone. Use the aerial drone to scout out the area then jump the fence or ping.

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 13, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1. C
2. Sager
3. A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

MinutePirateBug posted:

Oh, loving duh, of course we've got a little quadcopter in our bag.

Switching from A to this

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. C. The first step is disrupting the god-machine and its designs.
2. Sager
3. D, pocket drone

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
1. D
2. Sager
3. A

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I assume if we pulled a drone out of the bag and someone was watching us that we would not be able to pull additional large items out of the bag until the observers line of sight on the bag was broken long enough for it to feasibly be refilled. Is this correct or are there other limitations?

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
1. A.

Gantolandon posted:

3. D. Time to scout about with that drone we plausibly have!

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

malbogio posted:

I assume if we pulled a drone out of the bag and someone was watching us that we would not be able to pull additional large items out of the bag until the observers line of sight on the bag was broken long enough for it to feasibly be refilled. Is this correct or are there other limitations?

Yes and we don't have our bag I think. We specifically chose to be underprepared in exchange to check things out quickly. Luckily our coat has big pockets and small drones are really small...

So we could probably have like, a Derringer sized object in our other coat pocket theoretically.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

But not a cell phone to call an Uber. That would be crazy.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

quote:

Hell is cold.

- Cassandra Clare

You look around the Lounge as you think about what to do. The bar is an awkward hybrid between a sports bar and something more upscale. Its clientele is the young people, workers from the nearby strip mall and Target store. and students from the nearby St. Thomas and St. Kate's colleges.. Voices mash together into a loud din that you cannot pick apart even if your tried to. The lighting is normally a dim red, but the glow of dozens of smartphones has brightened things in here. Crowds like this make you nervous. With nearby Infrastructure, there is the possibility for Loyalists or their agents to be nearby keeping an eye on things. Your eyes drift back to the phones. Now there’s an idea.

As casually as you can, you reach into your pocket. You feel a slight sudden pulling on your hand, as if the gravity inside your coat pocket has increased. You feel your hand fish around wildly, far more than should be possible for your pocket, and after a moment you pull a small object out. A miniature palm-sized drone. Turns out you had it the whole time.

You take your phone out of your other pocket (this time there is no oddness) and turn it on. You try to not use Mabin’s phone when you are investigating Infrastructure. When your opposition can in theory monitor all electronic communication, it tends to be a good idea to not give them a map of your activity. Still, the remote for the drone had been too big for your pocket so, you’d have to make due. You walk up to the bar, playing with your phone, once you catch the bartender giving you his attention, Mabin smiles at him sweetly.

“Hey, can I get the wi-fi please? I need to download something.”

You are hunkered down behind a decorative planter at the Bus Turn-around Cul De Sac right next to the fenced off area. It’s as close as you can get without jumping the fence. The fence itself is six-foot chain-link, topped with barbed wire and covered with black plastic on the other side. Even with the masking plastic, and even from this distance, you can see there is something out there that is not quite right. You take out your drone and start to sync it to your phone. You have never flown one of these things before, and you don’t have an instructional manual, but the set up steps on the app you downloaded are pretty self explanatory, and Mabin knows enough about current gizmos where you figure a quick recon will be okay.

“Fly my pretty,” you say as the thing takes off.

You watch on your phone/remote screen and try to pilot the drone in the direction of the sculpture. It’s a very light device, and the wind coming off of the river is stronger than it seems to be made for. The cold is also interfering with your controls a bit and the drone if caught and blown off course once before you are able to orient it to the sculpture.

It is an oppressive statue, even discounting it's occult nature. To most is would just be a towering pile of iron beams and rivets. You see something else. It is a piece of the Machine, it glows with occult power, and to your angelic eyes, its angles are sharper, its purpose more clear. You can tell, even through the phone screen, that the statue is Elimination Infrastructure, though of a design foreign to him. It was made to destroy something, that was certain. You can note the curious markings along the "arms" of the thing, scrawling script like a madman's diary. You can see these markings clearly, but you cannot make sense of them. Some sort of occult language that you cannot understand. Further, branded into the central pillar is a curious shape that looks like a keyhole.

There is a warning as the power of your drone starts to fade. You should have had 6 or so minutes flight, but the cold seems to have affected it. You have the drone hover near the statue again, taking in all the details, and then turn it around to fly it back out. As far as you can tell, the statue is the only piece of the Machine that is in this area, though there might be more you are missing. As you contemplate this, an icy gust of wind flips your drone over. You try to compensate for it, but you are not prepared for this sudden reorientation of the drone, and you drive it right into the ground between the statue and the fence.

“gently caress,”

A pair of headlights turn into the cul de sac. It is a St. Paul PD squad car.

“gently caress.”

After a moment the diver steps out and shines his light in your direction.

gently caress

1. What do we do?
A. Let ourselves get “caught”.
B. Turn on Mirrored Skin and become invisible.
C. Jump the fence and run for it.
D. Charge the cop and run for it.
E. Something else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am moving all the rolls to One sheet here and then summarizing the results at the bottom. If anyone has a strong preference for this vs what I did previously, let me know.

Mabin succeeded in using In My Pockets, which she now cannot use again this Chapter without causing a Compromise roll. For clarity’s sake, we’ll say a Chapter is until next morning for now.

She failed a check to master this drone. Instead of biffing it right away, I decided she gets the intel, but potentially loses the drone.

Luckily she got some intel off that statue, but she isn't an expert in this type of thing, she'll have to get a second set of eyes on it.

She and the cop tied their hide and seek rolls, So right now assuming no one moves nothing changes. But we obviously should do something.

The first key to our Cipher is Sabotage. We might have our other Embeds as part of it too, we just don't know yet.

And looks like out old Cover is Sager.

Facebook Aunt posted:

But not a cell phone to call an Uber. That would be crazy.

Yep that was distracted writing on my part. I edited to clarify it wasn't that she didn't have a phone, but rather she wouldn't want to use it for actual calling. When God can pick up radio signals, it's possible they are paying attention to anything happening around Infrastructure. Plus, we all know full well Uber is a horrible plot of the God Machine.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
2.B Let's get reflective

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

B Cloak ourselves, wait for a chance to sneak off. The drone can't be traced to us, right? And there's nothing suspicious about it even though we conjured it out of our butt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Kavak posted:

[The drone can't be traced to us, right? And there's nothing suspicious about it even though we conjured it out of our butt?

it is just a normal drone. If they do some sort of serial number search on it, it would show that there isn't really a record of it.

As for being traced back to us, Mabin's prints are on it. However, so far no one has mentioned her actually being arrested and processed yet so we might be in the clear.