Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Bananana posted:

How about a new operator that can pick up and switch out any dead operators gun

Zomborgon posted:

With a 5-second "checking for booby traps" animation

because realism

Combine these two ideas into an operator whose gun is also a proximity landmine and whose gimmick is throwing the gun out and then it explodes when an enemy goes near it.

e; the operator after that should have an SMG that they can throw out and it turns into a sentry gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

An operator who hangs tasers all over a hallway like a jackass stunt

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

:goofy:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd like to see a defender that could place one of these things in doorways.

https://youtu.be/rMS4ESFlfDk

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

I'm not here to point out anyone's poor life choices.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Is this your OTP

SMP
May 5, 2009

Qubee
May 31, 2013

why do pro players set their DPI so low? I've been trying to get used to 400 DPI, and it's fine ingame (with the adjusted mouse speed settings), but man the mouse moves at a loving crawl during operator select. do they just get used to having to move the mouse so far for simple menu interaction?

it's been a fun mindfuck playing today, cause my reflexes undershoot cause I'm so used to playing at 1600 DPI, so I'll just be shooting thin air a few cm left or right of the person. I definitely feel better aiming, though, it's way more accurate. 1600 DPI picked up every micro movement so my aiming was insane.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Most mouse these days have a dpi adjuster on the fly, so some of them probably click it up during selection followed by back down for gameplay

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Zofia's LMG is amazing for spamming into a doorway until a defender gets cocky and tries to peek you only to get instantly headshot.

And then you laugh. Oh my god do you laugh

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Q8ee posted:

why do pro players set their DPI so low? I've been trying to get used to 400 DPI, and it's fine ingame (with the adjusted mouse speed settings), but man the mouse moves at a loving crawl during operator select. do they just get used to having to move the mouse so far for simple menu interaction?

it's been a fun mindfuck playing today, cause my reflexes undershoot cause I'm so used to playing at 1600 DPI, so I'll just be shooting thin air a few cm left or right of the person. I definitely feel better aiming, though, it's way more accurate. 1600 DPI picked up every micro movement so my aiming was insane.

are you cargo culting your way to greatness?

aim sensitivity is a thing you can set in the options

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012
New Italian defensive operator should be inspired by another Ubisoft game.
His gadget should be able to clear high vertical distance to pass through upper trapdoors and ignore fall damage (Both of these actions should consume its charges which should be small pressurized gas cartridges.)

Should be a crossover with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom battle

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Zofia's LMG is amazing for spamming into a doorway until a defender gets cocky and tries to peek you only to get instantly headshot.

In 5v5 friends games that's who I typically pick if I'm not sure who I want to use. Even if I don't get a kill it's usually a fantastic distraction for my more skilled teammates to make their moves.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is basically the primary use for LMGs. Shoot at someone's cover until they think you ran out of bullets.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Everyone tells me to use ACOG in every gun, but I don't know if I like it.

I doubt I'll play enough of this game to ever learn the maps, zooming in so far seems to make it difficult for me to see enemies when I'm in faster situations. I've been using a holo instead.

I've played like 5 hours so far so... Not much.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Everyone tells me to use ACOG in every gun, but I don't know if I like it.

I doubt I'll play enough of this game to ever learn the maps, zooming in so far seems to make it difficult for me to see enemies when I'm in faster situations. I've been using a holo instead.

I've played like 5 hours so far so... Not much.

I was like that at first too, then I started to engage people from further away because I learned which parts of the map people tend to roam in and which parts they hunker down and try to defend. At that point it's useful to have a bit of magnification so you can pick people apart easier.

But use the reflex sight it's the best one outside of the ACOG. The holographic is ugly.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

400 might be too low if you're dropping from 1600 DPI. Try 800.

Also make sure your ADS speed is 10-20 higher than your hip fire

Also don't have a tiny mousepad

I don't use my wrist because it's easier to build muscle memory with your arm. That's how I've been doing it since cs 1.6. Wrist aiming means higher sensitivity/smaller degree of movement, but that also means you can gently caress your aim up much easier with a delicate movement by it's nature. If the reasoning for high sens is because you don't believe you can 180° in a flash or it's more accurate I would disagre. My arm isn't like barn-dooring around either, I think it's like 6-7 inches to 180° hip fire

99% of the time you kinda want to have your gun already pointed at the spot where people are anyway, which comes with playing the game and dying

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tumble posted:

I was like that at first too, then I started to engage people from further away because I learned which parts of the map people tend to roam in and which parts they hunker down and try to defend. At that point it's useful to have a bit of magnification so you can pick people apart easier.

But use the reflex sight it's the best one outside of the ACOG. The holographic is ugly.

I really am disappointed by the red dot. It looks like it's painted on lol

Qubee
May 31, 2013

i've got no idea what cargo culting means

Penpal posted:

400 might be too low if you're dropping from 1600 DPI. Try 800.

Also make sure your ADS speed is 10-20 higher than your hip fire

Also don't have a tiny mousepad

I don't use my wrist because it's easier to build muscle memory with your arm. That's how I've been doing it since cs 1.6. Wrist aiming means higher sensitivity/smaller degree of movement, but that also means you can gently caress your aim up much easier with a delicate movement by it's nature. If the reasoning for high sens is because you don't believe you can 180° in a flash or it's more accurate I would disagre. My arm isn't like barn-dooring around either, I think it's like 6-7 inches to 180° hip fire

99% of the time you kinda want to have your gun already pointed at the spot where people are anyway, which comes with playing the game and dying

thanks, I'll give this a go. I've got one of those deskwide mouse mats, so I've got plenty of room.

I had high sensitivity purely because it's what I used in normal use, and I figured using it in FPS games was the norm. but it was hindering a lot, the tiniest movements would flick me off target and my killcams were hilarious cause it's like watching the crazed aimings of a coked up person. definitely feel more comfortable on a lower DPI, cause the mouse doesn't pick up every micro movement so it's less about "hold your arm dead steady on target" and more "aim at target and relax while you click"

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

After my entire team got slaughtered at the front of Plane, I Killed 4 fuckers by myself, when I patiently entered from the rear* and then died at the end when the last op4 got me.

Guess what?

My random pub teammates jeer and mock me, and then, at game start, kill me.

:tif:

*but enough about my ex wife

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Yea no poo poo, clutch or kick. What do you want, a participation medal?

The pro move is to bust your rear end and try to even the score up, and leave the game on the last round. If your team manages to get it to a sudden death, the juice is even sweeter when you leave.

Diamond-level Pro Strategy is to employ this method during hostage rescue and kill him at the last possible moment. The more kills and the more you've contributing, the more you win when you leave on your own terms.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 13, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Those are some pro strats

I do still think they should have maybe not killed me.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol you'd be surprised how many people simply quit the match immediately if you kill them with him. tachanka's true ability isn't simply the turret for each time he spills blood on the pixels of the cyber arena with any weapon it automatically casts a raidwide DPS buff. with his continued blessing many alpha packs may be opened, how else could i have unlocked over 5 legendaries?

also the russian pistol legit owns though and has good enough range to let you main his shotgun more often than not so long as you aren't somewhere like the lobby of the bank

Q8ee posted:

i've got no idea what cargo culting means

pretty sure it means you might be fixated on blindly copying all these quirky things the pros are doing that aren't even going to be relevant to climbing to 💎 rank in this game

just do whatever works for you. and fyi if you look at a fancy gaming mouse that has more than 2 buttons you'll find there is usually a way to toggle between multiple sensitivities on the fly so please use caution when going down this rabbit hole at the cost of personal comfort.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Q8ee posted:

If any of you have played Door Kickers, it'd be a real neat feature for Ubisoft to add a synchronised gadget / breach / whatever mechanic. So teammates put their breaching charges down, and then hover over it and enable it to be synchronised. Then when everyone fires their gadget, the last person to fire sets them all off and you all breach from multiple angles.

"Why add this when you can just talk over Discord?" it's useless for with friends, but in pubby games it'd encourage coordination.

Sidenote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC2uCLkBFec

I tunnel vision so much, I'm not a very creative person. but this Fuze vid by MacieJay is awesome. so many things that I never even thought of doing. Definitely gonna start playing him more now.

And then you die because someone heard the breach charge and hops the window while you're trapped in the trigger animation. Neat idea, wrong game for it. Maybe classic style R6 though.

Been dragging newbies around lately. It's funny hearing them now bitch about pubbies at low tiers boarding doors, Castle and walling in Kid's Room.

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 13, 2018

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Thief posted:

pretty sure it means you might be fixated on blindly copying all these quirky things the pros are doing that aren't even going to be relevant to climbing to 💎 rank in this game

just do whatever works for you. and fyi if you look at a fancy gaming mouse that has more than 2 buttons you'll find there is usually a way to toggle between multiple sensitivities on the fly so please use caution when going down this rabbit hole at the cost of personal comfort.

been playing for two years and I'd always seen mouse sensitivity stuff but never bothered with it, figured it was useless faff. but then I got tired of my aim being on steroids so I figured it was worth a shot. it's working pretty well right now, especially after bumping it up to 800 DPI like Penpal said (thanks Penpal). aiming is much smoother and it's less effort for me to stay on them.

your advice of just trying different roles out has changed the game. I'm not getting so salty anymore, even during losses. playing to have fun instead of playing to win is where it's at.

I forgot to mention, I've started taking a support role and trying my best to make good callouts. it's a real feel good vibe, cause the team bombards me with thanks and "nice callouts man!" and it genuinely wins us games. so if I die, I'll do my best to callout where the enemy is. if I'm alive, I'll either drone out, or watch cams. it's also helped with my own pushes, as I know exactly where the enemy is.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 13, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Q8ee posted:

the dpi doesn't -really- matter unless you've got something insane like 4k+ where sensitivity literally cannot be turned down low enough ingame to adjust for it. basically, the sweet spot is usually sens * dpi = 1~4k (which is a pretty big range)
obviously people play with higher and lower but most cs/ow/r6s/etc pros are gonna be somewhere around that number, with ow numbers being higher and r6/cs numbers being much lower.

the lower you go, the bigger a desk and mousepad you'll need to play and the more you'll be working out your arm to shoot mans.

I think I play with 2000 dpi and ingame sens at 2/2 which shakes out to about the same as like 10/10 with 400 dpi. don't need to bother switching dpi just to use windows so i can alt tab and wait for rounds to finish without really thinking about it. I could go lower (and I probably would if I really wanted to tryhard this game) but the sensitivity matches my overwatch settings almost perfectly, and that game kinda requires higher sensitivity in general for how vertical the gameplay is and the existence of heroes like genji/tracer. ultimate verdict: play with what works.

Minera fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 13, 2018

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You guys seen the new headgear for Bandit?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it's canon :glomp:

Q8ee posted:

your advice of just trying different roles out has changed the game. I'm not getting so salty anymore, even during losses. playing to have fun instead of playing to win is where it's at.

I forgot to mention, I've started taking a support role and trying my best to make good callouts. it's a real feel good vibe, cause the team bombards me with thanks and "nice callouts man!" and it genuinely wins us games. so if I die, I'll do my best to callout where the enemy is. if I'm alive, I'll either drone out, or watch cams. it's also helped with my own pushes, as I know exactly where the enemy is.

yeah recon roles are fun and probably the most engaging thing to do in the game regardless of if you're roaming or playing anchor. i'm really happy with how dokkaebi turned out because she is has an incredible flexibility between her recon abilities, DMR and smg that allow for overly aggressive indoor assaults.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Every time I see Ela and Zofia pull put pistols with red dot sights I am mad about my friends Monty and Blitz who are stuck with regular pistols and angrily blame powercreep. Please soothe my hurt feelings by creating a season 3 operator with shield + smg, ubi.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Just play God's chosen shield op Fuze.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

idea for operator: shield op only it's a defender so those dirty attackers can know how it feels

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

also the shield has an lmg attached and the operator is tachanka

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I'd thoroughly enjoy an operator with a hard shield counter gadget. Like a taser projectile that would force you to switch to just a pistol for 5 seconds or take damage. Or if we're gonna go silly sci-fi, a magnet trap that yanks your equipped gun or shield out of your hands and forces you to manually remove it from the trap. :v:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

What if your back is to the wall with the trap, I will only accept being able to hold the gun while being pinned to the wall

also let me shoot it while it's dragging me backwards magnetically those would be the coolest kills to get

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

SpazmasterX posted:

I'd thoroughly enjoy an operator with a hard shield counter gadget. Like a taser projectile that would force you to switch to just a pistol for 5 seconds or take damage. Or if we're gonna go silly sci-fi, a magnet trap that yanks your equipped gun or shield out of your hands and forces you to manually remove it from the trap. :v:

Honest question--isn't that Echo and Lesion? Or are they only a hard counter to Montagne?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Davin Valkri posted:

Honest question--isn't that Echo and Lesion? Or are they only a hard counter to Montagne?

Lesion can totally gently caress up a shield op at will as long as the shield op in question isn't godly enough to kill you while you're stuck in the animation of throwing the Gu.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Id just like more variations on shield guys. Give me a breaching shield give me a taser shield give me a shield that lets me glide through the air like a graceful swallow making GBS threads bombs down chimneys

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I've heard a fan idea for a shield op with 2/3 speed with a breakable shield a la OG Blackbeard.

I just want a shield with shotgun or something like a judge revolver.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just wait for the Italian attacker who gets a lupara and shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

speakin of shields, i have the secret elite monte skin:

ZeusCannon posted:

give me a taser shield

holy poo poo rework blitz to automatically down someone like cav's pistol when he sprints into them

say bandit altered his shield or some loving bullshit :science: