Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

He stole that news from elsewhere. The UK Sun reported that last weekend and that Goldberg would be in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

He stole that news from elsewhere. The UK Sun reported that last weekend and that Goldberg would be in it.

So, a scoop

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE Backlash Now Combined Roster PPV!
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7x4wxb/wwe_backlash_now_combined_roster_ppv/

RIP the brand split

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Brand split more like brand poo poo.

GOTTEM

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

End the brand split and cancel Smackdown

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This loving sucks. UNLESS it's just like what Extreme Rules was last year where they had just done the redraft and had some cross brand matches (Orton/Bray springs to mind) to wrap up feuds.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This loving sucks. UNLESS it's just like what Extreme Rules was last year where they had just done the redraft and had some cross brand matches (Orton/Bray springs to mind) to wrap up feuds.

That's the most likely situation. Smackdown already running on fumes. And Reigns needs fresher opponents as Champion and a million other considerations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hopefully no brand split means Brian James can do both Smackdown and Raw

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

That's the most likely situation. Smackdown already running on fumes. And Reigns needs fresher opponents as Champion and a million other considerations.

Move Ambrose back to SmackDown please. He and AJ and Cena were incredible in that first era of post-split SD.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Move Ambrose back to SmackDown please. He and AJ and Cena were incredible in that first era of post-split SD.

and the shield reunion is obviously cursed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

and the shield reunion is obviously cursed

That too. Move Ambrose and Finn to SD, boom. IDK who you move from SD to Raw though.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Shield reunion might be one of the most hilariously unfortunate misfires they've had in a long while. I'm honestly struggling to think of more than maybe one or two matches featuring all three original members.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sugar Blaster posted:

Shield reunion might be one of the most hilariously unfortunate misfires they've had in a long while. I'm honestly struggling to think of more than maybe one or two matches featuring all three original members.

I think there was literally one. The massive handicap clusterfuck had Kurt happened (which killed Ambrose apparently) and Shield v. New Day. Then everyone died again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The Shield return collapsing was good though because WWE has never done "here's that thing you liked AGAIN" well ever

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Plus it kind of sucks for Smackdown to wait to do their post mania PPV rematches

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Shield return collapsing was good though because WWE has never done "here's that thing you liked AGAIN" well ever

The Ambrose/Rollins reunion was ALMOST flawless. It was when Roman came in that it all went to poo poo. This is not a Roman sucks post, that's just how it worked out plus Roman being so hated poisoned the well a little bit.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That too. Move Ambrose and Finn to SD, boom. IDK who you move from SD to Raw though.
Dolph, so he can be repeatedly fed to Braun

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Has there ever been something reasonably funny in WWE that wasn't immediately ran into the ground, milked for months, and used to sell things

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Low Desert Punk posted:

Has there ever been something reasonably funny in WWE that wasn't immediately ran into the ground, milked for months, and used to sell things
New Day's entire run? :shrug:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Low Desert Punk posted:

jeriKO

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piss tape israel posted:

Dolph, so he can be repeatedly fed to Braun

Well played. Oh and you could also move Shinsuke to Raw I guess?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

piss tape israel posted:

Don't they sell the actual cereal now? And don't they hold the record for longest reign as champs?

Like I get that the New Day managed to stay funny, but that's on them. Institutionally I think they definitely fit the pattern.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

piss tape israel posted:

there was a period in like 2016 where New Day would do their shtick in literally three or four segments every show and it got very tiring

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euu6Pio5VKY

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Ambrose/Rollins reunion was ALMOST flawless. It was when Roman came in that it all went to poo poo. This is not a Roman sucks post, that's just how it worked out plus Roman being so hated poisoned the well a little bit.

Not to mention the fact that it was the Miztourage that brought them back together. Now I love me some Miztourage, but that doesn't seem like the overwhelming force that should bring such a group back together.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Good, the brand split is awful and always has been awful and never should be tried ever again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Last year, Payback was SUPER janky as a Raw-branded PPV because of its positioning right after the Superstar Shake-Up. So, this makes sense, just do it as a dual-brand PPV. Sorta like Battleground 2016, which, I will remind all of you, owned.

Also I will accept zero percent of your brand split shaming. The brand split is good. The brand split gave us AJ Styles: WWE Champion and Shinsuke Nakamura: Royal Rumble Winner and you are very silly if you think we would've gotten that otherwise.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Last year, Payback was SUPER janky as a Raw-branded PPV because of its positioning right after the Superstar Shake-Up. So, this makes sense, just do it as a dual-brand PPV. Sorta like Battleground 2016, which, I will remind all of you, owned.

Also I will accept zero percent of your brand split shaming. The brand split is good. The brand split gave us AJ Styles: WWE Champion and Shinsuke Nakamura: Royal Rumble Winner and you are very silly if you think we would've gotten that otherwise.

A company having 2 world champions is dumb. There's no real top guy anymore. It's just consolation prizes all around.

I love that AJ is successful but he's second fiddle to Roman, Brock, and Cena, even as world champ. Because Brock is portrayed as a bigger deal.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

Smackdown is really bad though

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

bradzilla posted:

Raw is also really bad.

But at least the company cares about Raw.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Yes, end the brand split. I'd much prefer to have every moment of WWE programming revolve around Roman Reigns, not just half of it. Well, more than half, but you get the point.

There's no way in hell Nakamura would have won the Rumble if there was no brand split. The brand split can work fine, as it showed when it first started, and Smackdown wasn't run by an awful shithead and was clearly the superior show. It's just bad writing/booking, and it's not going to magically get better if there was no brand split.

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 13, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't wait til Road Dogg is booking Raw and SD at the same time

Hell it's not enough, I bet if HHH was in charge we could also get Jesse James booking NXT and 205

Maybe even bring back Velocity and Heat, let him run those into the ground of success while we're at it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bradzilla posted:

This is in no way inherently because of the brand split.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Brand split more like brand poo poo.

GOTTEM

:drat:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Yes, end the brand split. I'd much prefer to have every moment of WWE programming revolve around Roman Reigns, not just half of it. Well, more than half, but you get the point.

There's no way in hell Nakamura would have won the Rumble if there was no brand split. The brand split can work fine, as it showed when it first started, and Smackdown wasn't run by an awful shithead and was clearly the superior show. It's just bad writing/booking, and it's not going to magically get better if there was no brand split.

loving thank you. The brand split is the only thing keeping me from very seriously considering taking a break from WWE for the first time since November 1998. I hated the first brand split but that was only because of full price single brand PPVs. That's not an issue anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ending the brand split would resolve problems like the shallow pool of Elimination Chamber contenders and general show stagnation, but yeah you'd basically be putting an end to pushes for talent like Owens and Zayn, Balor, Nakamura, or Samoa Joe. We've seen this plenty of times before. One or two will sneak through but you just get the same main WWE focus centralized with fewer channels for an alternative program or push.

On the flip side it probably means no Jinder Mahal push.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Ending the brand split would resolve problems like the shallow pool of Elimination Chamber contenders and general show stagnation, but yeah you'd basically be putting an end to pushes for talent like Owens and Zayn, Balor, Nakamura, or Samoa Joe. We've seen this plenty of times before. One or two will sneak through but you just get the same main WWE focus centralized with fewer channels for an alternative program or push.

I rarely say this but you nailed it, STAC Goat. Team Brand Split Supremacy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll say it 1000 times, the problem is too long shows. Make Raw 2 hours and I'd be so much happier.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, Ronda's on the loving PPV, are you all happy now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

Also, Ronda's on the loving PPV, are you all happy now?

Can't believe she's taking time away from one of the fulltime roster members! :argh:

• Locked thread