Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
why a duck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

thesis, antithesis, synthesis

enjoyin' the proposed themes to this future metal gear trilogy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

odd thing to get amused by considering it affects the lives of millions of people and is a matter of great historical significance

yeah you're right i, an american, will spend lots of time getting very emotionally invested in a political struggle that i have no influence over and am not affected by, and would do little but make a fool of myself having a strong view on

Accordion Man posted:

Wei is definitely a lot scarier than Kiryu. Kiryu hasn't thrown people into open furnaces or shoved their faces into table saws.

My wife and I were playing 0 recently and I went to pull out a giant swordfish as a gag during a fight and as I went to attack the loving giant swordfish turns out to be a loving grenade launcher, making both of our collective jaws drop to the floor in shock and awe

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

yeah you're right i, an american, will spend lots of time getting very emotionally invested in a political struggle that i have no influence over and am not affected by, and would do little but make a fool of myself having a strong view on

My wife and I were playing 0 recently and I went to pull out a giant swordfish as a gag during a fight and as I went to attack the loving giant swordfish turns out to be a loving grenade launcher, making both of our collective jaws drop to the floor in shock and awe
0's got some good gag weapons like the steel business card that's actually quite strong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is anyone else looking forward to Kingdom Come: Deliverance? It comes out tomorrow on Steam and it looks like it might be good, but i'm a little reluctant and will wait for reviews because it was a Kickstarter funded title, and this is the developers first game. Kingdom Come is a realistic medieval open world RPG, with realistic survival mechanics, plays in first person, and has combat similar to For Honor. The graphics are beautiful and the 15th century medieval setting is accurate and realistic. So I am hoping this game will be good, because it seems like a title I might actually enjoy.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Is anyone else looking forward to Kingdom Come: Deliverance? It comes out tomorrow on Steam and it looks like it might be good, but i'm a little reluctant and will wait for reviews because it was a Kickstarter funded title, and this is the developers first game. Kingdom Come is a realistic medieval open world RPG, with realistic survival mechanics, plays in first person, and has combat similar to For Honor. The graphics are beautiful and the 15th century medieval setting is accurate and realistic. So I am hoping this game will be good, because it seems like a title I might actually enjoy.

apparently its only really accurate and realistic if you believe that people other than white people dont exist or something

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Can't say that I am although it's entirely related to drama from one of the developers. I'm sure you can imagine the type of reactionary responses someone would give about their simulation of medieval European history in this day and age which soured me on their presence way back when. If the game turns out fine then great but I'll wait for Mount & Blade 2 thanks.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Studies Show: Kingdoms Cum Deliverance Causes Racism, Autism

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That link has me worried.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
lol @ that guy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my kingdom's cum deliverance causes aggravation, digust

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my Half Minute Hero: The Second Cumming only brings me humiliation and disappointment :flaccid:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accordion Man posted:

0's got some good gag weapons like the steel business card that's actually quite strong.

I got this at random from a 1 million yen machine way too early on, lmao. Excellent Segal reference

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I don't get it.

That goofy looks like something someone made in Spore though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZCn_elezg

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get it.

That goofy looks like something someone made in Spore though.

KH3 gonna be bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mordja posted:

1) Yakuza is for console pheasants and belongs in the wastebin, you loving gently caress

2. Yakuza is set in Japan=For weaboo degenerates
S. Dogs is set in China=FOR TRU DOOM MURDERHEADS

F***k Yukuza

The true doom.murder head game is never coming out lol

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

I said come in! posted:

I'm expecting the game to receive middling reviews from mainstream publications but the game to resonate well with the PC RPG/sim audience. Deep Silver/Warhorse has done a good job marketing it towards their target audience.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Four more days, my huckleberry friend

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

starting to slow down on monster hunter, time to return to the game I always come back to after gorging on monhun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jql7O0I4_fY

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

and every time I make a RAcaseal... why do I do it I don't understand...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in my opinion it's hard to make a pso character who's not a dang rascal

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/963201249842692097

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P1OO5baru0

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i played an hour of bioshock infinite and i don't think i'm going to play any more of it because its style of fps design is really boring to me and i'm way more into captain rainbow

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A mentally ill Rooster Teeth fan invaded the home of two members to kill them and was gunned down by police

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It was because he was blue team, isn't it?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A mentally ill Rooster Teeth fan invaded the home of two members to kill them and was gunned down by police

Incredibly not surprised by this

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Incredibly not surprised by this

Anybody driven to irrationally murder someone is probably going to do it regardless of their hobbies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

quote:

The report states that Giles, "an avid player of videogames and was known for watching YouTube videos that were centered on his hobby," had "developed a fondness" for Turney, and a simultaneous resentment of Free, her boyfriend.

"A search of Giles' cellular phone identified various notations identifying Megan Turney and Gavin Free by name," court documents filed by police state. "Furthermore, threatening thoughts were recorded by Giles and directed toward Gavin Free, ie., 'I want Gavin Free to die alone, with no children'."

doesnt really seem to have much to do with rooster teeth in specific so much as 'nerdy guy crushes on nerdy girl celebrity and gets insane about it'

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gavin is the only one i know because he's the brit from the slow mo videos and when they have two people control surgeon simulator. stay safe gavin.........

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the internet john hinckley jr

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Looper posted:

KH3 gonna be bad

I've never understood the appeal of KH at all so I have zero interest in it. However its safe to bet on any game that's been in development hell for 5+ years to end up being bad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

doesnt really seem to have much to do with rooster teeth in specific so much as 'nerdy guy crushes on nerdy girl celebrity and gets insane about it'

The RT community was full of all sorts of crazy, at least to my recollection as a teen in it a decade ago

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

5 years isn't an exceptionally long turnaround for big HD games.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Motto posted:

5 years isn't an exceptionally long turnaround for big HD games.

It really isn't but Square is basically the only company that starts advertising their games in earnest when they're five years out. I thought it was a big deal when Nintendo showed off Breath of the Wild when it was like two pre-rendered scenes because goddamn they needed something as the Wii U floundered but even that game came out within 3 years.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you like obscure, charming, Japan-only top-down puzzle games from the 90s, then boy did I just finish the game for you!

It's called Little Magic, for the SNES, and it's real good

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Some games that take a while turn out bad, some just disappointing and others turn out fine. I kinda of doubt it's really a bigger percentage of bad games than other development times, it's just the really huge disasters get a ton of attention.

Really even recently, while both FFXV and Last Guardian had flaws, they were still pretty much fine at worst

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm mostly just disappointed in the fact that kingdom hearts kinda disappeared up its own rear end after the first one.

The first one was a perfectly fine heartwarming hero's journey thing and then nomura just kept hotboxing in his own farts and the result is the rest of the series

Gameplay is usually good though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

then nomura just kept hotboxing in his own farts and the result is the rest of the series

Yeah it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

Yeah it owns.

• Locked thread