Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the final entrant in the Elimination Chamber?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 2 6.67%
Matt Hardy 2 6.67%
Apolol sorry couldn't finish that one. 7 23.33%
Bray Wy....hahaha, oh God. 2 6.67%
THE BIG DOG! .....again! 17 56.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
If the Freedom Rides were happening today Vince would be so mad about them that he would start his own bus company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
there's something funny about sending seth to this museum

could be his loving of nazis

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

HEEL POWERS.... ACTIVATE

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite thing about WWE doing black history month is that you know Vince probably really really likes black people but he's an old white guy so he's still tone deaf.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

fart blood posted:

I hate it when Cole says "it's boss time." Shut up. Just shut up Cole. Let them be people.

It's wwe so that's not gonna happen.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Professor Funk posted:

Really just about any path other than Reigns/Lesnar would be pretty cool tbqh
Why deny the inevitable, Brock is going to keep having lovely title reigns until he does the job for Roman at a Mania.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Erebus posted:

HEEL POWERS.... ACTIVATE

this is how someoone would die in a fatal fiveway

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart blood posted:

My favorite thing about WWE doing black history month is that you know Vince probably really really likes black people but he's an old white guy so he's still tone deaf.

I'm sure he likes the good ones.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dangerous Person posted:

If the Freedom Rides were happening today Vince would be so mad about them that he would start his own bus company

Haha, goddamn.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Shima Honnou posted:

there's something funny about sending seth to this museum

could be his loving of nazis

does any old goon remember the story of the goon that went to the holocaust museum, and there was a door that said "only those without prejudice may enter" and it was locked, because that's the point. but he goes up to the door and he's trying to open it and he's like "i can't open this door. did some drat jew make this door?" and he got kicked out of the museum

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Baron Corbin posted:

does any old goon remember the story of the goon that went to the holocaust museum, and there was a door that said "only those without prejudice may enter" and it was locked, because that's the point. but he goes up to the door and he's trying to open it and he's like "i can't open this door. did some drat jew make this door?" and he got kicked out of the museum

no but lol i wanna read that thread

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Baron Corbin posted:

I actually do remember this story

I... I am an old goon :smith:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Shima Honnou posted:

no but lol i wanna read that thread

it was like 15 years ago but it's out there, somewhere...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I hope Asuka comes out and laughs at both of them after this match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Coach that story was unbelievably awful, hahaha

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, there's still a crowd that cheers for Bayley. :unsmith:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

VJeff posted:

Hey, there's still a crowd that cheers for Bayley. :unsmith:

based on evidence tonight, the more a crowd hates jason jordon the more they like bayley

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

I'm sure he likes the good ones.

Apparently he loves MLK.

Which is funny because I don't know if Vince would like him if he were around today.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Who knows, maybe for once a guy will get added to the match because crazy injury stuff happened but not win it, i.e. Seth doesn't make it into the chamber but Finn does, and we get Finn vs. Rollins either at WM or down the line because of it. Or really any heel taunts Seth about not making it in and losing his shot at even having a shot at the title, and there you go.

It's not like either Finn or Seth are gonna win the chamber, even if either of them would make for a wild fun unexpected development and WM main event, so that's not really a factor.

Basically I just hope that Seth's addition to this now five-way leads into his WM story. The craziest freakin' thing I can imagine is that on top of Wyatt and Hardy hating each other too much to let the other win, Seth and Finn kill each other so much that Crews is able to steal a pin, and that hate carries over to a Finn/Seth match. Throwing a lower card guy in the chamber isn't without precedent, Santino was in one while he was riding a bit of a high and it's not the worst idea to keep your big stars out of a brutal match, and Cena/Roman/Elias/Miz is enough star power in one match on its own in my view. More never hurts, but you could get by, though you do lose some by not having a real fan favorite like Seth or Finn in there.

If nothing else this makes sense for Rollin's character to try to get a title shot now that his tag team's imploded.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
wheres the heel turn

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol Coachman actually had a good line.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

fart blood posted:

Apparently he loves MLK.

Which is funny because I don't know if Vince would like him if he were around today.

isn't he like actually friends with r-truth or am i misremembering

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

NowonSA posted:

If nothing else this makes sense for Rollin's character to try to get a title shot now that his tag team's imploded.

Yeah but at some point Balor has to win a big match

or maybe he doesn't because they don't care about him and don't view him as a top guy

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Vince is a very complex man

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah but at some point Balor has to win a big match

or maybe he doesn't because they don't care about him and don't view him as a top guy

due to the nature of chance this isn't true on a technical level

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

DEAR RICHARD posted:

wheres the heel turn

Sasha's going to win and then they're going to hug and nothing's going to happen

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
woah that clothesline was sick

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sasha being the Iron Man in the rumble, being furious about losing and taking on Asuka and losing that etc were the perfect setup for a heel turn that would freshen up her character so much and give Bayley exactly the kind of opponent she needs... please don't gently caress this up, WWE.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erebus posted:

Sasha's going to win and then they're going to hug and nothing's going to happen

ah everyone loves that static wwe style.

this is a good match. if they're gonna try and rehab bayley this is an alright start.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 13, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, how did Bayley not see that Sasha had got out of the way?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart blood posted:

Apparently he loves MLK.

It's not really the time or the place but I always find the "Vince loves MLK" narrative to be pretty silly and head in the sand because I think we'd both agree Vince has done more than enough to show where his politics lie today and we can guess where that would have put him in MLK's time.

Like it's just the old guy version of "I voted for Obama".

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
sasha touched the rope to help out her friend

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey look at that, Bayley and Sasha can put on excellent matches!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bayley!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bayley wins... in her hometown :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was fun!

STAC Goat posted:

It's not really the time or the place but I always find the "Vince loves MLK" narrative to be pretty silly and head in the sand because I think we'd both agree Vince has done more than enough to show where his politics lie today and we can guess where that would have put him in MLK's time.

Based on what we know about Vince, I think his mindset re: MLK is more that he identifies with him (don't laugh too hard) and likes him because he sees him as an outsider that the system and the elites were against, but by sheer force of will and power of personality he made massive changes to society.

Remember he also thinks that Stone Cold Steve Austin is based on what Vince is REALLY like.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

that was a good match

there has been pretty good wrestling on raw the past few weeks

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

yes do it, turn her

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sasha look she's celebrating! Take out your anger on her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

Almost certainly, but if there's one single rich guy I can think of who might not be racist in the same way as all the other ones, it's Vince. Mostly because Vince is demonstrably insane and inconsistent and probably has been since before I was born.

• Locked thread