Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Reiterpallasch posted:

bohemia wasn't buttfuck nowhere, at least until frederick of the palatinate got through with it, and also i'm pretty sure it's historically inaccurate to block a sword with your fists.

more than once, i mean.

I never said Bohemia is in middle of buttfuck nowhere.
I specifically said that it's set in middle of buttfuck nowhere in Bohemia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

KyloWinter posted:

drat. I didn't realize making a black npc took up more development resources than making a white npc

There are so many different joke directions I could go from this if it weren't for Poe's Law and the impossibility of differentiating between racism and sarcastic mockery of racists

dammit

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i actually don't know the answer to this: is this game set in actual bohemia, or one of the non-sovereign duchies? because by the 16th century i don't know if you can describe anywhere in bohemia proper as a real backwater. if it's silesia or moravia or whatever maybe it'd be different.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Reiterpallasch posted:

i actually don't know the answer to this: is this game set in actual bohemia, or one of the non-sovereign duchies? because by the 16th century i don't know if you can describe anywhere in bohemia proper as a real backwater. if it's silesia or moravia or whatever maybe it'd be different.

Copying from Wiki,

quote:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance takes place in the early 15th century, in the Kingdom of Bohemia, part of the Lands of the Bohemian Crown and the Holy Roman Empire in what is now the Czech Republic. The accessible area of the game is located in the region between Sázava and Rataje nad Sázavou (Rattay).[1]Other real-world settlements and towns in the game include Stříbrná Skalice (Skalitz), Světlá nad Sázavou, Talmberk Castle (Talmberg), Samopše (Samopesh), Úžice (Auschitz), Nový Dvůr (Neuhof), and Přibyslavice (Pribyslavitz).[7]

I have no idea how populated these towns would be as of the game's timeline however

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Reiterpallasch posted:

according to wikiepdia. The accessible area of the game is located in the region between Sázava and Rataje nad Sázavou (Rattay).[1] Other real-world settlements and towns in the game include Stříbrná Skalice (Skalitz), Světlá nad Sázavou, Talmberk Castle (Talmberg), Samopše (Samopesh), Úžice (Auschitz), Nový Dvůr (Neuhof), and Přibyslavice (Pribyslavitz).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
game good or not?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Copying from Wiki,

I have no idea how populated these towns would be as of the game's timeline however

judiging from the wiki articles on the various towns. they seem tiny as gently caress today for the most part.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that's like, the heart of Actual bohemia. like a few days' march from prague.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dapper_Swindler posted:

judiging from the wiki articles on the various towns. they seem tiny as gently caress today for the most part.

Yeah, but it's possible that they just didn't expand like others. By all means a town with 500 people in it now could have had a similar number (relative to the capacities of the time) compared to one that grew to a huge city.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I kickstarted this game years ago and it looks cool as gently caress

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

xXWehrabooXx posted:

wtf what do you mean that other people don't want to pay for things I want to pay for?

Ya you don’t want development dollars going towards minority textures. Got it. Rofl.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah, but it's possible that they just didn't expand like others. By all means a town with 500 people in it now could have had a similar number (relative to the capacities of the time) compared to one that grew to a huge city.

also, you know, the thirty years' war. bohemia got fuuuuuucked.

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

also, you know, the thirty years' war. bohemia got fuuuuuucked.

yah cause frederick was an idiot

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
like, holy poo poo

Wedgwood posted:

One of the most progressive and commercialized countries in Europe had slipped back two centuries in little more than two years and the field was free for despotism

ibid posted:

Bavaria claimed to have lost eighty thousand families and nine hundred villages, Bohemia five-sixths of its villages and three-quarters of its population.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

game good or not?
The boars have a zero-turn radius
https://i.imgur.com/OLo7WPX.mp4

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Reiterpallasch posted:

like, holy poo poo

Is that right before or right after this game? Cause one PC can only kill, like, two-thirds of that max

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

like, holy poo poo

white mountain was also a comically ludicrous shitshow

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Woah don't bring your history into these pure logic discussions of how many swarthy people wandered the countryside. See the invisible hand of the market means Africans couldn't leave Italy.

I actually think the mocap sword fighting looks pretty drat cool but it transitions between animation clips awkwardly which kills some of the impact. I dig how they were trying to make for tense dueling rather than hacking and slashing, but the way NPCs wiggle around between strikes also looks pretty goofy. I can see where they were going with it but I'll be surprised if it controls worth a drat.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

KyloWinter posted:

Ya you don’t want development dollars going towards minority textures. Got it. Rofl.

Way to put words into my mouth.
Please indicate where I stated that without strawmanning.
My argument has been that devs should have the freedom to do whatever they want for their game and that they shouldn't be forced to add additional things, especially when most players wouldn't care enough to justify the extra costs which are invariably passed onto the players.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

xXWehrabooXx posted:

Way to put words into my mouth.
Please indicate where I stated that without strawmanning.
My argument has been that devs should have the freedom to do whatever they want for their game and that they shouldn't be forced to add additional things, especially when most players wouldn't care enough to justify the extra costs which are invariably passed onto the players.

Sure, they don't have to include lots of things, they can put a fuckin dragon in if they want, but if so then don't pretend it's HISTORIC

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is that right before or right after this game? Cause one PC can only kill, like, two-thirds of that max

long after. 30 years war started around 1618, which is 200 plus years after the game. the game is right around when jan hus (1403) was starting to become a thing, and he wouldn't be executed until like 11 years later.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I am debating buying the game tonight. I won't have time to play until tomorrow night, but, I can pre-load at least and if the game sucks just steam-refund it and if it is good, enjoy it without waiting hours for the download. Has any information leaked in the last two days indicating the quality of the game or lack thereof? Any stores sell console copies early or something?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Diogines posted:

I am debating buying the game tonight. I won't have time to play until tomorrow night, but, I can pre-load at least and if the game sucks just steam-refund it and if it is good, enjoy it without waiting hours for the download. Has any information leaked in the last two days indicating the quality of the game or lack thereof? Any stores sell console copies early or something?

resetera had a bunch of people get it early and they liked it for the most part. https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-ot-bohemian-rhapsody.22692/

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

long after. 30 years war started around 1618, which is 200 plus years after the game. the game is right around when jan hus (1403) was starting to become a thing, and he wouldn't be executed until like 11 years later.

wait, what? someone upthread was saying 1504, i thought.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

resetera had a bunch of people get it early and they liked it for the most part. https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-ot-bohemian-rhapsody.22692/
I am afraid to click it for spoilers and all, but that is encouraging to hear. Any serious bugs? How spoilery is that link?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

wait, what? someone upthread was saying 1504, i thought.

nah, its 1403.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Diogines posted:

I am afraid to click it for spoilers and all, but that is encouraging to hear. Any serious bugs? How spoilery is that link?

not that many. some dude said he was 9 hours in before the main title credits hit.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
oh. 15th century is further back than i ever got assigned in undergrad. hell if i know, maybe in the 15th century people really were blocking swords with bare fists and doing sick 360 noscopes on boars. consider my complaints about historicity retracted.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not that many. some dude said he was 9 hours in before the main title credits hit.
That to me at least is pretty encouraging.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Diogines posted:

That to me at least is pretty encouraging.

yeah me too. i stupidly hope it isnt too hard. i tried getting into elex and just died over and over to stupid poo poo.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah me too. i stupidly hope it isnt too hard. i tried getting into elex and just died over and over to stupid poo poo.
If I can get some variation of Gothic in Bohemia I'll be thrilled.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

DoctorGonzo posted:

game good or not?

Also wondering

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know Bohemia weathered the invasion from the Golden Horde pretty well 100 hundred years before the game but didn't that have some lasting effect on the region?

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

I really like the Amerisplaining coinage, btw

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The hot take machine won't be fully fired up till tomorrow

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Dorkopotamis posted:

Also wondering

So far the magic eight ball is saying "ask again later"

It probably won't be good but it might be "good"

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know Bohemia weathered the invasion from the Golden Horde pretty well 100 hundred years before the game but didn't that have some lasting effect on the region?

Iirc the Golden Horde was there for about two - one or two years - before upping stakes and loving off. So they probably did some damage but little permanent change to institutions or demographics

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyCourteousHerdJebaited

This is the good poo poo right there

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well at least the animations look really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

"Kingdom Come Deliverance wiki" posted:

Manly Odour is a Main Level Perk in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. When dirty, you'll have 50% more Charisma when talking to women. However, people will smell you a mile off, reducing your Stealth skill by 30%.